* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
Prior to having our double glazing installed in our flat we had a bit of an issue with condensation and mould building in up in one of the rooms which I had put down the high humidity in the room. Prior to using this product I had sponged the walls removing the mould, but it kept coming back. I had done a little research and found that you need to use something that actually kills the mould off. This product from Polycell certainly seems to have done the job. It is very easy to apply to your walls. I would suggest that you wear some gloves. You the simply spray the product onto the effected area and leave for about 5 minutes. You then want to wipe the area you have applied the spray too with a damp cloth. Quick and easy. Another thing I like about this product is that there is no strong smells associated with it. You will probably find that your paint work will need to be touched up after using the product. I would suggest you leave the wall a good 2 - 3 hours to ensure the wall is completely dry before applying paint over the area that has been treated. I bought this product from my local DIY store and it cost £4.99. It was certainly a good investment as it have removed and killed the mould. It has been 8 months now since I used the product and there isn't any sign of the mould returning. I would say that you will probably have to tackle the problem which was causing the mould in the 1st instance or you will have to re-apply this product around every 6 months.
As I live in a flat and there unfortunately isn't a window in the bathroom, just an extror fan, when we have a bath of a shower we got a lot of condensation on our windows and its a real pain to try and keep on top off. We only have to boil the kettle and it seem the whole place is steamed up which in the cold winter months around the window seals has turned into abit of mould, and in one corner of the second bedroom there was abit of mould appearing on the skirting board. I would wash it away and the next day it would be back so I decided I needed to take some action on it. I went into Homebase and bought some Polycell 3 in 1 mould killer, I didn't get the spray I bought the tube with the sponge on the end but it does the same job. It cost me around a fiver I think, which for the job its done is well worth the money. The instructions say to need the tube in your hands for a while and then pour a small amount on to the area and use the sponge provided to wipe it around. After a couple of minutes simply wipe off with a cloth and the jobs done. Sounds simple.... It is :) It cleans the mould away and stops the re growth of it. I used it on Friday, it not Tuesday and we still have no mould where it was re appearing daily before. Well worth the money
Well its spring and I start thinking about decorating. My husband dreads it almost as much as I dread him saying, "I'm hungry." and to be fair he says that far more often. My bathroom was looking a bit dowdy so I thought that was where I would start. There was a patch of mould where we had a leak from the cistern and I tried wiping it off. No luck, so I tried with bleach, soap, detergent. The black marks just wouldn't budge. I hoped they wouldn't show through when we painted. I went to the local DIY shed a choose a lovely shade of blue, bought some bits and bobs and spotted Polycell 3 in 1 Mould Killer. I think I paid £4.69 for a 500 ml bottle, it also comes in a spray bottle (like the picture above) and a 1 ltr bottle. It claims to be ideal for preparing mould prone areas for painting, is a powerful fungicide and kills mould in one application. Well that sounds good so I thought I would give it a try. Was I disappointed? No way. I just painted it on and one wipe over with a cloth and the black marks were gone. I hope it is as effective at preventing regrowth. You then just let it dry and carry on with your decorating. It is worth remembering that this is powerful stuff, they suggest you should always wear protective glasses and gloves. Well worth the money so far.
It totally prevents re-growth in one single application / Ideal for preparing mould prone areas before painting to give a better paint finish.