“ 2 litre „
Now a review about sparkling water isn't going to be the most exciting and in depth review in the world, but in the world of consumer reviews everything deserves to have an opinion written about it, even humble fizzy water. This is Sainsbury's own brand of sparkling mineral water, and currently retails at around 40p for a 2L bottle. In our house we tend to get ours in the 500ml multipacks which make them perfect for picnics and packed lunches and a refreshing alternative to sugary fizzy drinks. Now fizzy water isn't to everyone's taste but I do find it refreshing and if kept cold it is lovely. Sparkling water which has gone warm in the sun though isn't good though so try and keep is cool. This particular water is from the Campsie Hills in Scotland and has a refreshing taste. I do think it is slightly fizzier than other similar products. For those who like their mineral facts in 1L of this product there is Calcium <55mg; Potassium <2mh; Magnesium <16mg; Sodium <15mg; Bicarbonate <240mg; Sulphate <28mg; Nitrate <6mg; Chloride <11mg and has a pH level of 4.6. Now admittedly I have no idea what that means and I copied it straight from the bottle, but with these reviews info seems to be the key! As far as I am concerned it tastes good on its own or mixed with other drinks and is good value at the price. 4 stars.
I am a huge fan of flavoured sparkling waters and I was stocking up for a BBQ I was having in the summer and I tried to buy a large range of different drinks, so I picked up this large bottle of sparkling water from Sainsburys. At only 35 pence I thought it was a bargain, so I added it to my trolley, even though it wa splain, to compliment the flavoure dones I had chosen. The bottle itself was fairly lareg and you could get over 10 glasses out of it. The water was not fizzy, but just sparkling, so not over powering when you had your first sip and it didnt explode when it was opened up if it had been accidently shaken. The bottle was also recyclable which is quite a bit bonus in my eyes. I personally did not like the taste of the water. I always expect sparkling water to taste like water, normal water, but just with some bubbles in, but it doesnt. It tasted like it had lots of chemicals added (I am not necessarily suggesting that is what had happened, just trying to describe how the flavour tasted to me). I really didnt like the water, and therefore couldnt drink enough to make it refreshing to me. Although the price was good and the bottle big, the taste was not good enough to persuade me to try it again. There are too many other nice drinks on offer, that this needs to step up it's game. It was one of the only drinks left over at the BBQ I had, whic to me says it was not very popular at all.