21.11.2014 20:09

Advantages

• "soothes dry skin"
      • "Smells good "

Disadvantages

• "A bit grreasy and not as luxurious as some"

Nice smell but there are better butters about

I love the Body Shop’s range of body butters as they all smell gorgeous and make my skin feel great but they are really expensive so I save them for treats but you really can’t beat a body butter for leaving your skin nice and soft and pampered feeling especially in winter when skin can become drier.

I picked this one up because it was a lot cheaper than the ones in the Body Shop and I was intrigued by the combination of coconut and sweet lime as they are two smells that I really like but probably wouldn’t put together.
      This costs £3.99 but I bought it when it was half price on an offer which is something that Superdrug do quite often.

It comes in a pot with a screw lid with 200ml of body butter inside. I had tried another one of the body butters from the same range so I sort of knew what to expect. This isn’t as luxurious feeling as the body shop butters but then it is a lot cheaper. It just doesn’t have that silky texture to it and instead is more like a really thick moisturiser.
      It is a little bit more difficult to apply as it doesn’t just soak into my skin and it is a little bit greasier than I would ideally like but I do really like the scent of this one and the coconut and the sweet lime go really well together. It isn’t overly fragranced but it scents my skin afterwards and lasts a few hours.

Even though it isn’t as silky and as luxurious as the body shop ones it still moisturises really well and is good for really dry skin. It will probably be too greasy for normal skin but if you have dry patches then this will work well to smooth them and leave your skin feeling and looking softer.
      I think that I would probably buy this again but only if it was on half price special offer again as I wouldn’t pay the full price for it as although the smell is nice there are other moisturisers which feel nicer for the same price.

21.11.2014 20:02

Advantages

• "Clean without irritating "

Disadvantages

• "Not the most luxurious feeling hand wash "

Good functional hand wash

We got through a lot of soap in our house. I am trying to teach the children to wash their hands regularly especially before they sit down for meals. The whole process of getting them to actually wash their hands properly is right up there with trying to get them to brush their teeth properly and it takes constant supervision to make sure that they do it correctly.

Because using a bar of soap always ended up with the soap on the floor I soon decided on liquid hand wash for them because I thought that they couldn’t possibly make as much mess with that. I only buy cheaper ones for them to use because they waste so much so I save the more expensive nicer smelling ones for me and the hubby.
      One of the ones that I have bought recently was this antibacterial hand wash from Boot’s as it was only 75p and it promised to moisturise as well as kill germs so I thought that it couldn’t be too harsh for their more delicate skin.

The container isn’t fancy and it doesn’t have a gorgeous smell like some hand washes but it is a good practical hand wash and does exactly what it is designed to do which is clean hands and kill germs.
      The liquid hand wash is blue and it has a pump dispenser which pumps out just a touch too much of the liquid soap but with my kids there is never enough and they like to do it two or three times hence why they get the cheap one to use. The soap forms a good foam and it does a good job of removing grime and dirt from their skin and nails.
      It isn’t the best smelling hand wash but it isn’t too bad and it has quite a fresh smell to it. I have used some cheaper hand washes before that have smelt awful so I think that this one isn’t too bad for the money.

It is also not harsh on my children’s skin and it hasn’t irritated it or dried it out too much.
      I was more impressed with this than I thought that I would be because of how much it cost. It might be cheap but it isn’t bad and is a perfectly fine hand wash for anyone who is happy to have something functional and doesn’t want to spend a lot of money just for something that might smell a little bit more luxurious.

• The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.11.2014 19:59

Advantages

• "Really hydrating on skin"
      • "Smells gorgeous "

Disadvantages

• "Expensive "

Worth every penny

My love of the Body Shop goes right back to when I was a teenager when it was one of the few brands I could afford to buy. I have always bought body butters because they are simply the best thing to moisturise skin especially if it is feeling drier than it should.

The Satsuma body butter goes really well with the other Satsuma products and I use it when I want the uplifting citrus fragrance of Satsuma to completely cover my skin.
      The body butter is essentially a really thick moisturiser that feel thick and luxurious and is much thicker than normal body lotions are. It is great for dry skin and also for putting on skin after shaving to sooth it and put some moisture back in it. It is made from Shea butter with Satsuma oil to fragrance it and the result is a gorgeous smelling body butter that scents skin for hours after applying it. I can putthis on my legs after shaving and I can still smell it at hours later. I love the Satsuma smell when I want something zingy and uplifting and even when the weather is rainy outside this cheers me up and makes me think of summer.

The body butter is lovely to apply and it actually does feel like whipped butter because it is so thick and creamy. You only need a little bit at a time because it is so rich and too much of it can make skin feel a bit greasy. A little bit is all that is needed to completely moisturise and hydrate skin and leave it feeling soft and supple.
      I only tend to use this when my skin is feeling extra dry or in the winter as it is a little bit thick and heavy feeling in summer when I prefer something a bit lighter but it really does work to help cocoon my skin in moisture and protect it from the elements and the drying effects of central heating.

I do think that all the body butters from the Body Shop are quite expensive and this one is no exception as it costs 13.00 for a 200ml pot but I have to say that there is no comparison when you compare it to cheaper body lotions as it is much better quality and it does feel worth spending the extra money on this instead as it works so well and smells so good.

• Tweezerman Slant Tweezers / Beauty Accessories / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.11.2014 19:53

Advantages

• "Accurate and grip the hair every time"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Expensive but worth every penny

I have had loads of tweezers before and I always thought tweezers were just tweezers until I received these tweezers as a gift and I couldn’t believe the difference in using these compared to the other tweezers that I had used before. These just made tweezering so much quicker and easier than the other ones that I had.

I got them as a present from my sister as she had used mine and had complained how awful they were so she bought me these as a gift. I was shocked to find out that they cost £20.00! Having used them now for a while I would say that they are worth this but I probably would never had looked at them myself knowing how expensive that they are.
      The reason that they are worth it though is just because they make tweezing stray hairs so much easier. I tend to get my eyebrows waxed but in between appointments I usually just keep them neat by tweezing out stray hairs. With my old tweezers when the hairs were really short I found that it was difficult to get the tweezers to get a good grip of the hairs and when I would pull the tweezers wouldn’t have a good enough grip on the hair to pull it out.

That certainly isn’t a problem with these tweezers however because even when the hairs are extremely short the tweezers can grip on to them tightly and pull them out. This not only makes it a lot quicker but it also makes it less painful as I am not having to try and pull them for ages as they come out first time. With my old one I was also always pinching my skin whilst trying to grip the hairs but that doesn’t happen with these tweezers because the point of them makes them so accurate that I can grab the hair without also pinching the skin.
      They are also really comfortable to hold and I can move them about without having to get my hands in awkward positions. It just means that I can use them to tweeze stray hairs from wherever they are on my body without too much difficulty.

£20.00 might seem like a lot of money to pay for a pair of tweezers and I would have thought so too before owning a pair but after owning them and using them for a while I have to say that I would happily pay this again for them if I would lose them rather than paying £5 for an inferior pair as the extra money is well spent on the accuracy and the convenience of them.

• Eylure Naturalite Lashes Intense 145 / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.11.2014 19:49

Advantages

• "give significantly thicker lashes"

Disadvantages

• "fiddly to apply and not really natural looking"

Fiddly to apply but gives darker and thicker lashes

I am not the biggest fan of false eyelashes because I just find them to be extremely difficult to apply correctly. The ones from Eyelure are probably the easiest brand that I have tried.

They come in a variety of different types ranging from the natural looking to the full on drag queen looking ones. These are somewhere in the middle as although they are designed to give an intense effect they aren’t quite as outrageous as some of them.
      First things first these are not designed to be worn every day and I would certainly never consider going to the effort of wearing these to work as they would look a bit too much but they are good for special occasions where you are expected to dress up.

The eyelashes are reusable and you can cut them to fit your eye so even if they are too big looking just trim them to fit your eyes.
      They can be fiddly to apply and I hate the applying of them or else I might wear them a more often. They come with glue that you apply to the lash line on the false eyelashes and then you just place then on your own natural eyelash line with either some tweezers or your fingers.
      Getting them in the right position can be a bit fiddly and tricky but once they are in the correct position they stay put ok. There can obviously be a problem with them slipping and you looking stupid during the night but if you have applied the glue properly then they should stay in place for a good few hours until you remove them yourself. They are pretty easy to remove too and just peel off when you are ready to remove them.

I do have to say that these aren’t very natural looking but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing I don’t think. I don’t wear these to be natural looking and I wear them when I am going somewhere that calls for lots of make-up such as a night out with the girls. They don’t look like my own natural lashes as I don’t know anyone with lashes as full and big as these but they do look good and they really make my eyes stand out.

The lashes don’t need mascara on them as they are jet black anyway and the mascara will just make them clump and stop them from being reused.
      They cost about £5.50 which is a fair price for them especially if you only want them for a special occassion.

• Bomb Cosmetics Berry the Hatchet / Soaps / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.11.2014 19:25

Advantages

• "Doesn't go mushy"
      • "Looks pretty and funky at the same time"
      • "Smells so good"

Berrylicious

I absolutely love Bomb Cosmetic Soaps. I got my first one a couple of years ago as part of an offer by trading in some Andrex coupons and ever since then, whenever I see them in a shop I can't help myself - i just have to buy one!

Bomb Cosmetics produce loads of different scented soaps. I have probably tried about 8 or so different ones but this Berry the Hatchet soap (awesome name) probably ranks up there as my favourite one. As the name and gorgeous colour suggests- it smells like berries, mainly blackberries. The company describes the scent as: 'A perfect blend of fruit notes, with a blackberry heart and hints of strawberry and raspberry.' It really does smell very berrylicious and I love using it. The scent lingers on your hands afterward as well which is nice.

You get a nice decent chunk of soap for you money which is great. In fact, when it is new it's quick bulky and angular which is the only slight potential downside but after a few uses it gets more ergonomic and is easier to use. It foams up nicely and it stays solid and doesn't disintegrate to mush on the side of the sink.

Like all Bomb Cosmetics soaps, it's so pretty! The colours are bright and vibrant and it has funky patterns in it which I really love. Gone are the days of boring, hard lumps of plain white soap like my Mum always used to buy, thank goodness!

You will often find these soaps for sale in independent gift shops, in garden centres and at craft fairs but they also have a nice website (bomb cosmetics.co.uk) where you can pick this up for £2.49. There are lots of other nice scented soaps available on there too. I award 5 stars to this Berry the Hatchet soap. I would recommend it.

21.11.2014 18:50

Advantages

• "Good lather"
      • "Feels nice "

Disadvantages

Cussons Chamomile Cares For My Hands

Whenever I think that I must have tried all of the hand washes in a particular range the manufacturers bring out more for me to try.

But really, I don’t want to try them all as I would rather find just a few that I really like and then stick to them. The trouble with this idea though is that when you do find one you like it is often discontinued or becomes more difficult to find and purchase.

I like the Chamomile Care Hand wash by Cussons Imperial Leather. Granted, it isn't my very favourite but it is good and I would say that it is definitely worthy of four Dooyoo stars.
      Mainly I like the texture and the feel of this soap. When I cleanse my hands with it I love the way that it feels soft, soothing and cleansing to my skin. It also has a good lather to it.

This chamomile hand wash contains chamomile milk as well as cornflower extract and this combination, in my opinion, works well.

Not only does it do the job of cleaning hands and feeling nice as it cleanses but it smells good too. It isn't the absolutely best hand wash in terms of its scent, but I do prefer it to those with the stronger smells which can, for me, be too cloying and heavy. With this wash, the smell of chamomile does last but in a pleasant and subtle way rather than being too strong, as is the case, I find, with some powerful smelling hand washes.

I don’t know where I purchased this particular hand wash from as so often buy liquid hand washes when I'm out and about.

I usually pay around £1.00 for a hand wash as I buy from bargain stores or from supermarkets when on offer.

21.11.2014 18:49

Advantages

• " not too messy"
      • " smooth and my pores appear reduced"
      • "leaves my skin soft"

Disadvantages

• availabilty

Smoothing Mask!

My sister got me four of these Avon Planet Spa japanese sake and rice face mask sachets as well as four other face mask sachets from Avon.

~ Price and availability ~
      These face masks are available from Avon for around £6.00 in a 75ml tube. They can also be found on Amazon or ebay.
      The sachets are hard to find, but they do sometimes come up on ebay for around £1.00 for 2-3 sachets.

~ In use ~
      The sachets that I have are surprisingly easy to tear open.
      I was also surprised at how thick the mask is. It is thick and white. My sachet contains 7ml of product, which is just enough to cover my face.
      It is a bit more difficult to spread over my face than other face masks I have used because of how thick it is.
      It has a lovely floral scent to it, which isn’t too strong or overpowering, but I do notice it the whole time I am wearing the mask.
      When it is first applied it looks like icing on my face, but as it dries it starts to look less smooth and actually a bit scaly.
      As it dries it starts to feel a little bit tight on my skin.
      I find that the mask does not take long to dry on my skin. I have known masks take 30 minutes, but within the first 5 minutes this one is well on the way to drying out.
      Even if I feel it is dry I still leave it on my skin for about 15 minutes as it feels wrong to wash it off so soon after applying it.
      I find that the mask is fairly easy to rinse off.
      It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I feel that my skin looks clearer and my pores appear reduced after using this mask.
      I have been impressed with the results from this face mask. It is one of my favourite masks to use.

~ Conclusion ~
      I really like this face mask. It is easy to apply and I find it a lot less messy than other masks I have used.
      The scent is really nice and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and I find that my pores appear reduced after using this mask.
      I like to use face masks regularly as a treat for my skin and this is probably my second favourite after Montagne Jeunesse’s cucumber peel-off mask, which is excellent.
      I would definitely buy this mask again although I have to say I much prefer the idea of the sachets rather than the tube even if they were to work out more expensive.

21.11.2014 18:45

Advantages

• "Works ok"
      • "Smells nice"

Disadvantages

• "Really bad for asthma "
      • "No deodorant lasts 48h"

Smells nice but bad for asthmatics

This Sure Crystal Invisible Aqua anti-perspirant is a spray which comes in a 125ml can. It is compressed which means it should last just as long as Sure's older style 250ml packaging. I find this a bit confusing - are you supposed to spray for the same duration or does it mean it comes out twice as quickly so you should spray less?

The scent is really nice, it smells as if it should be called something like 'cotton fresh'. To me, it smells like freshly washed clothes which is nice. The product claims to be anti-white marks, anti yellow stains and provide 48 hour protection. I haven't noticed any white or yellow marks although I haven't worn anything black or white and sleeveless lately so I can't say too much about that. I do not believe that any deodorant at all lasts 48 hours. Nobody uses it every second day so I don't know why they even bother putting that on the packaging to be honest.

It is really, really important to shake the can well before use. I once made the mistake of not bothering and covered myself with big lumps of flaky white power which fluttered down all over my trousers and I had to go and wash and get changed into different clothes before leaving the house - what a mess!

The can directs you to use in short bursts in a well ventilated area. This isn't surprising as, in my experience, it gives off an absolute tonne of fine white powdery mist even when you have given it a good shake. Sometimes I find it catches me in the back of the throat which isn't very nice. My boyfriend is asthmatic and actually has to leave the room before I spray it which isn't the case for other products so this one seems particularly bad. The mist also seems to linger in the air for a few minutes too. There is no way an asthmatic could use this product which is poor.

The product works fine (for 1 day and not for 48 hrs mind you) and smells good but I haven't particularly noticed anything about it that makes it better than cheaper alternatives. It is widely available in supermarkets and pharmacies and the price is around £2.50 to £3.00 depending on the shop.

All in all, it's a decent product in terms of scent and performance, but the level of dust it gives off is not acceptable and I will avoid buying this in the future for the sake of my boyfriend's health!

• Roses / Plant / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      21.11.2014 18:28

Advantages

• "Beautiful scenes"
      • "Plant right long lasting"

Disadvantages

Crown of thorns

18 years ago, for mothers day, my brother brought a gorgeous rose bush from... wait for it...WOOLWORTHS.
      He saved a bit of his paper round money [those were the days!] and brought a rose cutting from their garden section for £14.99 yes it was a monumental day and we remember the price because my brother normally brought silly things like tin openers and fly spray for a laugh but this was very grown up of him.
      Having planted this yellow rose bush which he added was for friendship [my Mum cried she was so touched, but I saw this written on the instruction box! cheeky boy]

The rose bush was just about knee height [on an average teenage boy] and we barely grew a leaf let alone a rose. We followed the planting instructions to the letter and inch, and we followed the keeping up with the care of the rose bush, two years later two roses, seven years later four roses, it was going really well then stopped.
      Mum wouldn't have it cut down, it was too precious, but on seeing an answer on a yahoo site of all places we took note of two pieces of advice. One, save all your tea leaves and empty them around the root of the tree, I had heard this is good fertiliser for mud but not for plants but clearly it becomes the same thing. Second, be committed to pruning religiously throughout the year the moment you see a dead leaf or twigs removed it, and spray with rose bush protector. You can get this from your local garden store, but really stay committed.
      This was seven years ago and we first received 24 beautiful roses and for the last six years we have grown 48 roses and they have lasted for at least 4/5 months.
      The yellow rosebush is in the centre of the back fence which is covered with a deep green ivy and it looks stunning. It is now two heads taller than us and my brother is 5 foot 9!! Even the nieghours comment and take photos. Last year it was spectacular as a rose grew within a crown of thorns, shame we can't upload pictures! I bore people with this at dinner tables.

Most people shy away from growing these or propagating them, but it really is not as difficult as we make out.

Roses are a staple of any garden and its a great achievement to grow these. There are over one hundred varieites [some named after famous historic figures or celebrities, even commenorating a special event or day.]
      The list of roses are idenitfied by four main catergories
      Hulthemia
      Hesperrhodos
      Platyrhodon
      Rosa
      The can help when you plant these, for tempatures, feeding etc then your not fighting against nature but working with it. The four catergories explains where they were grown.
      There are then 11 sub-catergories[ wihich describe the colours and places the are grown from]
      Head to well known garden websites for all information.

Over the years the rose use has changed from being just a simple but elegant statement peice within a house, to hedging, perfumery, landsacpe protection, food and drinks but only minor medcinal aspects ie; rose hip-vitamin E

The best piece of advice for growing roses is stick to the information providded and follow through.
      The usual instruction recommend planting in the soil twice the width of the plant roots and a spade deep.

Head to RHS.ORG.UK/ other websites are availble as is yahoo

21.11.2014 18:11

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Strong alcohol scent"

Would rather pay more for a better fragrance

It seems that everybody has a bottle of antibacterial hand gel in their bag or on their desk these days. Particularly when I'm out and about with my children I also like to keep some handy. They like to touch everything and there isn't always a convenient place to wash hands when you need one.

I have tried a few brands of antibacterial hand wash but it is hard to review the antibacterial effectiveness so I will concentrate on the other factors. This product from boots does however claim to kill 99.9% of bacteria which is good enough for me!

Packaging: the packaging and design really let's this product down. It looks cheap and basic as if no thought has been put into it whatsoever. The transparent bottle has a flip top lid and a simple label. The whole bottle looks aqua blue due to the product inside. It is the colour you would expect of a cleaning product rather than a hand product but perhaps that is how it is marketed.

The gel is dispensed easily and is a good consistency. It is runny enough to be rubbed over the hands easily and easily and quickly dried without having to rub or wipe. Other antibacterial hand gels I have tried have left a sticky residue on the hands but this one does not.

My main dislike about this product is the fragrance. As expected, given that the main ingredient is alcohol denat, it smells strongly of alcohol. It would be vastly improved if another fragrance had been added to mask this. This initial strong smell fades quickly and there is no lingering fragrance from the product.

The 150ml bottle costs £1.49 which is good value compared to other brands.

In summary, this is a good value, functional product but it doesn't have the feel good factor in any way.

21.11.2014 17:48

Advantages

• Effective

Disadvantages

• "Does not last long enough"

Effective occasional spot treatment

The body shop has been making and selling this product for many years. I don't think the blemish stick has changed in this time, except for the price going up of course!

The tea tree blemish stick comes in a small green tube around 10 cm long. The tube holds only 2.5 ml of gel. The black lid has a long wand attached with a foam top applicator which is automatically coated in the gel when you put the lid back on. This is a feature that I particularly like. Given that the tea tree gel is antibacterial, the applicator is being cleansed / disinfected in between each application. The instructions advise using the wand or your fingertips to apply the gel but I always use the wand for this reason.

I have relatively dry skin so do not suffer from too many spots. However, when I do I find this product quite effective. On application (usually just one dab required) it can sting slightly which is probably due to the alcohol content. It then has a cooling / soothing effect which I put down to the gel consistency. When applied before bed, I find that by the following morning, the redness is reduced and the spot has dried up. It doesn't prevent or cure spots but it does help to reduce their appearance and make them feel more comfortable.

Apart from its effectiveness I also like this product because the tea tree oil is organic and sourced through the body shops community fair trade scheme.

My only real criticism is the small amount of gel you get. Each tube costs £6 but doesn't last very long if you use it regularly.

In summary I would recommend this product for treating occasional spots and blemishes. However for more frequent use I would recommend finding a product which would last you a bit longer.

• Jasmine / Plant / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      21.11.2014 17:44

Advantages

• "A lot of benefits"
      • "Beautiful scent"
      • "Many properties"

Disadvantages

Heavenly scent

I am a keen gardener, whetherI am successful is always hit and miss!
      However one thing I am proud of is our Lavender collection in our garden we purchased a lavender plant from Kew Gardens Shop, it was a brave step and it has paid off big time, but it has taken three years to get it up to a standard we was expecting and this summer the lavender was amazing, its such a shame you cannot upload photos.

Our second crazy purchase was a Good House Keeping deals for subscribers being able to purchase 6 lavender plants for £9.99 instead of £49.99. They were not just plants to sit and look pretty, but one was edible and we really wanted to grow our own and try this. Surprisingly the plants all came completed with mud, water and instructions. Bargains.
      To be honest I never knew how many lavender plants were out there, it's been five years of learning.
      Jasmine flowers are therapeutic and have medicinal properties. From oils from the body and mind, tea and food they can be multipurpose and sold in many stores and used by many companies.

At first I was baffled on why a lot of the Jasmine plants do not flower during the day as we really wanted this aspect but the answer was obvious and on herbs sites that Jasmine flowers, only flower at night. These ones are the white Jasmine mainly supplied from India, that flower, this way.

The season they bloom in can vary, but mainly you can see this in late Spring, Summer. Depending on the variety, of which with the promotion from Good House Keeping we received, ones that flower during winter so it was an added bonus.
      They can grow up to 36 to 72inches, which is important to know if you don't have a lot of space or trying to design a garden as we are and still trying to, but it is a lot of trial and error and a lot of fun.
      They can spread between 48 to 120 inches across, again this is important as you plant these and the needed requirement between each.
      And always plant into the soil 6 inches down, don't trust your instinct and guess it does make a difference.
      We planted these in an area that didn't receive the full sun and the lavender is appropriate for the area we chose.

The even better aspect of the Jasmine plants [or others] is the ability to propagate them and divide them, so you can put these in pots around your garden or give as gifts to friends and family.
      But my two tips are, do not cut dry stems but moist stems and at least 6 inches of growth no less to really keep the plant alive. With propagating stems its best to put them in compost n a cold place no sun for the moment and leave them over winter, so you need to plan when you propagate these for gifts timing needs to be at play here and over winter, to give them the best chance.
      We can make tea with our samples! But you need to double check that the name is Jasminums Sambac and Tisanes for the best quality.

We were advised that if you think you have pests or disease on the Jasmine plant, then cut that branch off and it should help, don't spray lots of chemicals especially if your using them for eating or drinking.

We cannot extract the oil of the Jasmine and I think for skin properties and help I would go to a health shop but it is reported to help depression, antiseptic, used as a uterine substance or even sedative!

These plants are well worth the time and effort, money wise can be minimal and the effects on the style of your garden, we now thankfully have a range of purple lavender heads that are stunning and a pink Jasmine plant, we have got many uses out of these, including putting them in cotton bags around the house, heavenly.

21.11.2014 17:01

Advantages

• "very accurate"

Disadvantages

• "can be sharp!"

great tweezers

I don't know what it is about my house but I seem to lose tweezers all the time and end up having to buy a new pair! I need to use tweezers regularly usually for my eyebrows but also for practical purposes for when the children put small things into a narrow space and I have to get them out again!

These tweezers are very good as they are pointed at the ends which make it easier to get at very small things. I find the ones which aren't pointed tend to be less accurate. The pointed nature of these can also have a negative too, it means that they can be quite sharp so when you are plucking your eyebrows if you are not quite right and end up getting your skin instead it can be very painful! When I first started using these I kept catching my skin and it really hurt but once you have got the hang of them you soon learn how to position them properly so you don't do this!

They are really good, they pinch well and you don't need to apply a lot of pressure in order for them to work either which is great. They pinch together properly too which is vital, I've had tweezers before that don't quite meet so if you're trying to get something very small like your eye lash then it doesn't quite grip it!

I think these are brilliant tweezers which are very well designed. 5 out of 5.

21.11.2014 16:51

Advantages

• "rot proof"
      • Waterproof

Disadvantages

• "Poorly made"
      • brittle

Keter Store it Out - Brittle and overpriced

Having two children who own mini tractors, bikes, skateboards, trikes, scooters, balls, and a paddling pool that was a good idea at the time, I finally ran out of storage. So reluctantly, even though the economy has crippled us, I had to buy a new shed so that my cherubs toys didn't rust to death.

I like plastic sheds. I like the fact that you don't need to paint it, or it doesn't rot. However - I don't know if I was unlucky or not, but the build quality of this shed it terrible. The plastic just seems too brittle. It has cracks and bits missing from the day I had it delivered, and the lid hinge ripped the plastic bolt hole after 2 weeks. The tolerances are also really iffy. Some are to big and some are so tight you can slip and cut your hand badly (thanks Keter for my injury) while trying to fit the hinge. The floor is easy to smash too if something isn't made of cotton wool that is sitting on it. The lid also appears to be turing concaved too over time, like it is not strong enough to hold its own weight. The back is made of corrugated plastic too which needs a gentle touch.

Building it doesn't take long, and moving it is a 2 person job, unless your wife is out, where you can garner the use of your sons skateboard to act as a wheel!

So really and truly, although it wont rot, and only needs a wash now again, I would be tempted to pay less for a wooden shed, They look nicer, are more solid and you can screw extra hooks and shelves into them. For a piece of cheap plastic, £149 is too much.