14.04.2014 15:42

Advantages

• "Delivery was really fast"

Disadvantages

• none

Best place for business cards

My business cards arrived within a few days and the quality of them was really good, I was so impressed. They are so much better than any of the other ones I have previously ordered from other companies such as vista print and I have already recommended them to several other people who are now thinking about ordering from them. If you are looking for new business cards or anything else like that you should definitely have a look at the Easy Print UK website, you wont be disappointed. I cant wait to use Easy Print UK again, I am thinking about ordering a couple of the aprons they have as you can personalise them as well and I have no doubt they will be just as amazing as the business cards.

14.04.2014 15:22

Advantages

• Quiet/peaceful/intimate
      • "Mostly good enclosures/Lots of OPEN enclosures - no cages"
      • "Plenty of shade"
      • "Reasonably priced"
      • "Nice way to spend a few hours"

Disadvantages

• "Quite small"

A quiet little 'zoo' in the South of Portugal

We recently made our first visit to Lagos Zoo in the south of Portugal. Despite the name 'Lagos' the zoo isn't actually situated in Lagos (it's just outside) and it's best to reach it by car. There are a few 'zoo' signs leading up to it but the actual entrance itself is quite concealed and not very obvious (look out for the big stone gorilla statue!). It has a small car park at the front. The zoo is open all year round (10am - 5pm October to March and 10am - 7pm April to September). Ticket prices are 16 euros for adults, 14 euros for over 65's, 12 euros for children (4-11 years) and free for under 4's. I feel that the ticket prices are quite reasonable and the under 4 allowance seems quite generous. We visited mid-week during UK school holidays and thought that the zoo would be busy but it wasn't. In fact throughout our visit we barely bumped in to a soul, it felt as though we had the place to ourselves! It's has a very peaceful and serene atmosphere, much different to many of our zoo's back home. I was quite surprised at the size of the zoo, it was much smaller than I thought it would be and didn't have as many animals as I had expected (no 'big' animals or big cats). It's not really a place where you can spend all day, two or three hours was plenty for us. Lagos Zoo is quite intimate, it doesn't do any shows or put on any displays like most zoo's tend to do (this might be disappointing to some but I think it's a nicer environment for the animals). The whole place is covered in lush vegetation and plants. It's quite pretty and there are plenty of shady places to take shelter from the sun. It wasn't built-up and commercialised, there wasn't even a souvenir shop at the end... although I think they were in the midst of opening one during our visit! There were 2 lots of toilets, we visited one lot of toilets by the farmyard which were unfortunately pretty run-down (they even had birds flying around in there!). There is a restaurant which is situated near the entrance of the zoo but we didn't even see it. There is also a snack bar where we purchased some drinks which seemed sufficient enough. Outside the snack bar was a small play park. There is also another (and slightly bigger) play park at the other side of the zoo. Each enclosure we came across had information about each animal (translated in to English too) which was quite useful and interesting. The first animals we came to were reindeer. Most reindeer that I've experienced in zoo's tend to look quite tatty but these reindeer looked very healthy. The next selection of animals were birds. Lagos Zoo is home to an impressive number of different birds including Parrots, Macaws, Cranes, Hornbills, Owls, Flamingos, Vultures and Kookaburras. Our favourites were the Parrots, Mccaws and Rhinoceros Hornbills. I don't particularly like seeing birds in cages but all of the enclosures seemed quite spacious and many of them quite enriched so it wasn't too bad. There are a number of different ponds which have tortoises, fish and swans in them. Ducks and other birds (such as peacocks) also wander around the zoo. You can purchase food from machines for 1 euro to feed the fish, birds etc. Lagos Zoo is home to quite a few primates. Primates included Gibbons, Lemurs, Chimps, Marmosets, Squirrel Monkeys and Tamarins. I really liked the majority of the primate enclosures as they weren't caged. The smaller primates were caged but all of the bigger primates had islands to themselves (surrounded by a moat or pond) which seems like such a stress-free environment for them. Visitors can still get a good view of the primates but without invading their space. The downside to these enclosures is that they seem VERY escapable! Our favourite primates to watch were probably the playful gibbons. There were only a couple of areas which I weren't keen on - the first was the farmyard where you can pet the animals. None of the animals were endangered and I felt it was quite pointless having farm animals there. None of the enclosures were particularly big, most of them were overcrowded (I counted about 20 guinea pigs in one enclosure) and a lot of the animals were hot and panting (the sheep weren't sheered and had thick coats). Another thing that I was really unimpressed with was that there were a number of tiny baby goats in with a number of big rams (I have no idea why) - the rams were chasing and ramming the goats who were really scared. We had to tell a member of staff (we checked later on and they had been separated). The second thing I wasn't keen on was the Linx. The zoo had a lone Linx which was pacing around and looking very stressed. Other animals to see include Mara, Capybara, Wallabies, Prairie Dogs, Ocelot, Bobcat, a (small) crocodile, Iguanas, Porcupines, Snakes and Meerkats (my daughters favourites). My personal highlight was the Lyle's Flying Fox enclosure which you can walk through. The Flying Fox's are a type of bat and there were LOADS hanging from the roof of the enclosure. They were so intriguing to watch and you can get really close to them. As I've already mentioned, most of the enclosures seemed quite spacious and enriched which was nice to see. I especially liked the open enclosures. All of the animals looked healthy and most of them seemed stress free. The Lagos Zoo website does mention conservation, although I'm not really too sure what conservation efforts they make. They do seem to care greatly for their animals though. Overall Lagos Zoo was a few hours well spent and I'm glad we visited. I probably wouldn't visit again for a while but I'd be happy to recommend this quiet little 'zoo' to others.

14.04.2014 14:44

Advantages

• "Nice smell"

Disadvantages

• "Need to use so much to clean dishes as Tesco Value is so thin."

A thin washing up liquid - not really cost effective.

As I am on a bit of an economy drive I decided to try out the Tesco Everyday Value Washing up Liquid. After all at about 35p for a really big 500ml plastic bottle that looked full, I thought for this price cannot go wrong. But I was wrong. I normally give Tesco Everyday Value products a high score but not this time. The package is plain as would expect with this brand. The bottle is clear and allows the buyer to see the green coloured washing up liquid inside. The plus point is that the small is nice, the washing up liquid smells as it should, pleased with this. Then I squeezed some liquid out into by washing up bowl, the washing liquid is very thin when compared with a better brand. If I was at work (paint industry) would say that the Tesco Everyday Value liquid has a low viscosity compared with a named brand. I needed to use at least four times as much of this value brand as compared to my Fairy Liquid which normally use ? even then I struggled to remove grease from my dishes. In the end had to soak the dishes for a hour or so to remove the grease. Having said this the value washing up liquid did work fairly well with just slightly dirty dishes which had been used for a salad meal and a cup of tea. For my next washing up I went back to Fairy Liquid. For much less washing up liquid the Fairy Brand cleaned some greasy dishes no problem at all. Being much better than the Tesco Everyday Value Brand. In the end get what you pay for ?..35p for 500ml might seem a bargain at first. But in actual use have to use so much more than a named brand that this value cleaner is just not worth it. I did finish off the bottle of Tesco?s Everyday Value Washing Up Liquid it worked ok on only slightly dirty dishes.

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 10 Readings / 6 Ratings
      14.04.2014 13:14

Advantages

• Price

Disadvantages

• "Turnaround Time"

For the price, can't complain

Print 24 offer very good rates for print and the quality is more than sufficient for the prices that they charge, even better than others I have used before now who charge a lot more. Production is a bit slower than I am used to, but for the price it is acceptable. As long as you are able to create your artwork yourself then this company is perfect for the end result - their instructions for artwork are not the clearest but if you know what you are doing then you can not go far wrong. I shall be using them again for non urgent jobs for as long as the quality of the print is kept up and as long as delivery does not get slower.

• doglistener.co.uk / Internet Site / 14 Readings / 8 Ratings
      14.04.2014 12:37

Advantages

Disadvantages

He is not cheap but then again he is a professional Behaviourist and Trainer

I saw the review by anonym. Amazingly he got everything wrong. There are no alpha wolves, it is a family pack not a Alpha controller. This has now been known for 18 years. Caesar Milan is a dog trainer not a behaviourist and works using e-collars prong and check chains. He would not be successful in this country and we do not agree with those type of techniques. Stan Is a very good trainer and behaviourist and is an expert witness under the DDA 1991. He worked with two of my dogs that were fighting in the house. I had another behaviourist come in, but they were a waste of time. Stan sorted the problem out in one session. They were actually fighting over me, as the saw me as the resource.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 10 Readings / 7 Ratings
      14.04.2014 08:54

Advantages

• "Value For Money"
      • "Great Choice"
      • "Good Communication"
      • Fast

Disadvantages

Excellent service and value for money - Highly Recommended

I had my PC built for my job as a graphic designer, the choice of graphics cards, RAM and processing power are great for this and my PC is more than fit for purpose. There was one issue with the build I had asked for, and this was promptly picked up and I was called and the issue resolved to ensure my order was built on time. I wanted the machine quickly and asked for the 3 day delivery on a Saturday, I wasn't disappointed, the PC came packaged very well, with all the information I needed to set it up. All in all PC specialist delivered everything they promised at a very reasonable price for the standard of kit I received, I would recommend them to anyone.

• Despicable Me: Minion Rush / Apps / 26 Readings / 18 Ratings
      14.04.2014 08:49

Advantages

• "Targets to work to"
      • Bright
      • Fun

Run minion run

The idea of the game is that you are a minion and you start at Gru's Lab and run through jumping over and sliding under obstacles, collecting bananas and picking up other minions along the way. There are many different worlds to play in, when you get to the end of a world you have to defeat something such as escaping rockets thrown at you by Gru and then you can access another world. Your starting point each game you play can change and then sometimes you come to a set of 3 tubes at the end of a level so you don't know the area you select. There are lots of different minions, some of them you buy and some of them you earn as you go through the game then there are minions that you have to collect puzzle pieces throughout the game to unlock. The game starts off quite slow and then it gets faster as you go through and there ends up more and more obstacles in the way making it hard and you have to be really coordinated to play but it is fun even when you keep crashing. Each game starts with your minions being catapulted up in the air which is quite funny, you collect bananas to spend on characters and specials. There are a number of specials to use some protect your minions like a shield which means you don't die when you crash into something and a freeze ray which allows you to freeze the baddies. There are specials which give good bonuses such as a banana vacuum which means the bananas are automatically collected and then there is a unicorn to ride which shoots your minion up into the air into loads of bananas. On your main screen there is a shop which of course wants you to spend money to get extra power ups and bananas for playing the game, there is an events screen where if you have the game connected to your Facebook you can compete against your friends each week and win specials to use through the game. There is a friends leader board so you can see how you are scoring against your friends and then there is a goals menu which allows you to see what you need to accomplish to go up a level such as spend 200 bananas or punch 10 evil minions. Both my daughters play this game and they are 3 and 6, they play the game really well and get scores that rival that of adults on my Facebook. The game has different levels to reach and throughout the game your points multiply depending how many of your minion friends you collect. I find this game addictive and whenever I say to my girls its time to come off it I always get the request of one more game please Mammy. I would give this 5 stars it's fun, bright, has targets to reach and was free.

14.04.2014 08:09

Advantages

• "Quick Delivery"
      • "Excellent Value for Money"
      • "Good Quality Product"
      • "1st Class Service"

Disadvantages

• "Packaging can be improved"

First class service from start to finish. Good Value, Great Product :)

Brilliant service from start to finish on email and over the phone. Samples arrived quickly and discount was honoured after the sale date as promised. The sofas we ordered were the 2 seater and 3 seater Chesterfield Knightsbridge Suite upholstered in Antique Tan leather. Lovely, great quality and very comfortable furniture. Highly recommend! The communication and delivery was a breeze as I had to delay the delivery of our suite until we received our keys to the new flat. The delivery men were very helpful they carried the furniture up to flights of stairs - very professional. Service with a smile. Will order some accent chairs for bedroom from them soon.

13.04.2014 22:15

Advantages

• "Simple to use"
      • "Great capacity"

Disadvantages

• "Looks a bit old"

Very cheap, easy to use, simple kettle....Must buy

I brought this when my last kettle broke just for a quick replacement, only temporary. Well I was shocked, this was 2 years ago and I still have it now, still going strong, just proves to show you should never judge a book by its cover. When I brought it, it was very very cheap so I expect it still is now, maybe even cheaper. So well worth the bargain. Its very clean looking, has a great water capacity which is important, but the most important thing of all, is the fact it boils quick like a top of the range kettle which is good. One day I would like to get a top of the range kettle but only because it would look nice in the kitchen, this one is perfectly alright to look at and use and well worth the buy. I really would recommend this to any one who has a house or even if people wanted to put it in there shed or garden, tucked away to use if they are working outside on certain things or projects. Although it was cheap and I am probably lucky to have it this long I will give it 4/5 stars, the reason being its been good to me all these years, and does the job, but it does look a bit dated which is why I haven't gave it a 5th star, other people may disagree but in my opinion this is a must buy. Thank you for your time

• Saw (DVD) / DVD / 4 Readings / 2 Ratings
      13.04.2014 21:57

Advantages

• "Fantastic story line"
      • Brilliant
      • "Edge gripping "

Disadvantages

Really good films that must be watched

These films are one of my favorite film collections of all time and I watch them on a regular basis. Not just a typical horror movie, this has something different and exciting too it, that kept me hooked throughout the whole movie. This film has so many twists and turns its crazy, I wont give away too much but there is one thing I need to say, no one will save you, you can only save yourself through certain tasks. This is all about the killer or killers should I say. This film is great for people who love gore to the max, not for the faint hearted thorough. There is a lot of evil, torture and gruesome deaths in this film, for example, in this movie some guy has to saw of his leg to survive Lots of cruel, horrible scenes that can be sure. There are so many sequels now, lots of people say they are getting boring and worse but in my view they are just getting better and better, I love them. I am a big fan of horror movies. The actors in this film are so good, they make the scenes look so realistic and they must know deep down its quite a sick minded film that horror fans will like. For me you can't beat this collection of movies and I would recommend them to any one above the age of 18, not anybody younger as this is really violent although I did watch this when I was 14! Lol have fun

• Aldi Lacura Cotton Buds / Baby Care / 18 Readings / 15 Ratings
      13.04.2014 21:48

Advantages

• "Do the jobs required of them"
      • "Cheap to purchase"

Disadvantages

• "They feel very flimsy in use"

Simple cheap cotton tips!

Cotton buds isn't something that I buy very often simply because I don't believe that sticking things into your ears is a very good idea ever since I had a piece of lodged cotton wool in my ear once that caused me alot of issues however I do buy these to use on both me and my cat in the main! I use these around our ear canals but the main user of these is my beautiful cat Myrtle and thats simply because she overproduces wax in her lugholes and I like something at hand to remove her horrible dark wax! Like I say though I don't shove these down anybodies....including animals ears! The Packaging of these is quite simple. You get 200 buds in a see through plastic, squarish box and on the front of them we are clearly told what they are and who they are by and that they are 100% cotton wool tipped and that you get 200 of them and other information on the packaging tells us a bit about them and contact details for Aldi are given. The packaging is adequate though when I did undo the labelling to get to them I did end up with them all over the place so I did get a bit annoyed at that to be honest! The cotton wool buds are just what you would expect to look at really. I chose the blue colour though I could have gone for the pink or yellow option and that colour is simply plastic and thin and then you get two thin cotton wool buds which are one to each end. The plastic section is as I have already mentioned thin and rather flexible and the buds although really secure are quite thin. However they do the jobs I require from them to be fair to them. Like I say I simply use these to wipe around mine and my cats ears and they do pick up the wax from there. I have also used these to make sure that my eyeliner is straight and to remove excess eyeliner, again these do that easily! All in all I do like these and for 34p for 200 of them I do think they are really worth the money however they may not be up to some peoples idea of quality and thats purely down to being so flexible feeling in use and that the buds are so thin and with not much cotton on them but all in all I think that these are very worth the money and do what me and my cat need them to! Only available from Aldi stores. This review is also posted on Ciao under this same username.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 8 Readings / 6 Ratings
      13.04.2014 19:24

Advantages

• "Easy to use website"

Disadvantages

• "Long wait for laptop and customer service"

Great PC, slow service.

Not so speedy creation, but definitely worth the wait. The website was easy to use and my laptop was easy to customize to the specs I wanted. Recommended by a couple of friends and very happy with my purchase. However when i rang up customer services I had to wait about 8 minutes before anyone answered, and i also have to post the fan i bought with my laptop back to get a replacement as it is broken. Other than that hiccup the service was fine.

• Samsung Series 3 350V5C / Laptop / 9 Readings / 4 Ratings
      13.04.2014 18:10

Advantages

• "Great Price"
      • "Nice Style"

Disadvantages

• "Lacks Features"

Not an outstanding machine, but a very good one for the money

The very dark silver case is classy-looking and is metallic in appearance, although mainly plastic. There is a brighter silver surround around the touch-pad. The inbuilt speakers are loud enough for the average living-room to listen in, but unsurprisingly lack bass depth, as do nearly all laptop speakers. I would not like to listen to music on them, but buying extra separate speakers is a must for most laptop users anyway. On the noise front, although I have not pushed it yet, the fan seems quiet, although the hard-drive makes a perceptible slight grinding sound at times, but I am sitting in a very quiet room late at night at the moment. There is no OS DVD that I could find in the box, although there are instructions for recovery in the detailed manual, which is a pdf. file stored on the computer, not a paper book. The Microsoft Office Starter is not listed as a separate program as it was with a computer I bought last year, and all the Full Microsoft Office screen says is that you have a 60-day trial period of Office, and there is no mention of the Starter, although conceivably you would be left with just Word and Excel and adverts (= Starter) if you did not sign up for the full Office after 2 months, but this is not stated specifically anywhere. I have in any case downloaded Libre Office (free of charge) from the internet as an alternative office suite. I am still coming to terms with Windows 8 so that makes it difficult for me to assess things, since I am not sure what to expect sometimes, and the new way of doing things is going to seem complex and confusing initially. There is quite a lot of stuff loaded including the Cyberlink Media Suite. The easy availability of Apps is also daunting: there is so much out there, and so many ways of doing the same thing slightly differently now. It was so much easier when you had very limited choices. I deleted the Norton anti-virus in favour of AVG, which I already use elsewhere. So far, more or less, so good. Not an outstanding machine, but a very good one for the money. I will try to update this as the laptop gets some use, in case that throws up problems

• Harman Kardon Go / Speaker / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      13.04.2014 18:01

Advantages

• "Remote Included"
      • "Great Sound"
      • "Nice Style"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

If you?re seeking an iPod speaker system, and have the budget look no further

The styling of the Go + Play immediately brings to mind the '80s-style boomboxes that folks used to rock on the subway, the bus, at the park, on the beach. The Go + Play emphasizes portability thanks to its handle, its surprisingly light weight (it looks heavier than it is) and its ability to run off 8 D-cell batteries. But no boombox ever sounded this good. The Go + Play has speakers on each side, letting it project its music in all directions at once. And the music sounds great. The speakers produce a deep, thumping bass, clear, detailed notes, and get very, very loud. It?s hard to imagine anyone complaining about the sound from this system. It also serves as a dock for iPods (it is compatible, thanks to a set of included adapters, with most recent iPods), able to not only recharge the iPod when the Go + Play system is on or off, but also lets you connect the system to your computer via a USB cable to sync the iPod. Connectivity abounds with the Go + Play, as it also offers ports to send iPod video to a television and to connect other audio sources, including PCs, CD players, MP3 players, and satellite radios. A highlight of the product is the included remote control that uses radio waves rather than infrared to communicate with the base. In practice, this means that not only do you not need to point the remote at the Go + Play when operating it, you don?t even need to be in the same room! The remote has two modes, one to control the power and volume of the speakers, the other to let you browse content on your iPod. And this is one of the only places where the Go + Play falls down on the job. Browsing the iPod using the remote is impractical. Because the iPod lies down flat in the system, you need to lean over the speakers in order to see its screen. And, if you?re already leaning over it, why would you use the remote? Trying to use the remote to navigate the iPod is flying blind, and you likely won?t end up with the song you?d hoped for. The only other downside I found in the Go + Play was its price. While it is a great product ? producing terrific sound and offering smart add-ons ? $350 may be a high price for some people. Whether that?s a good value or not will likely depend on your budget. Whether you?re ready to buy at $350, or want to wait for a sale, if you?re seeking an iPod speaker system for your home or to take with you on the go, the Harman Kardon Go + Play should be at the top of your shopping list.

13.04.2014 17:56

Advantages

• "Controlled bass"
      • "Strong dynamics"
      • "NFC speeds up the pairing process"
      • Feature-packed
      • "Classy design"

Disadvantages

• "A dash of brightness in the treble"

This Bluetooth speaker is crammed with features and for the money is quite a find

In the flesh, the Sony is a very classy-looking unit. The design has been cleverly thought out, from the integration of a carry handle, to the roles of the buttons positioned along the centre of it. The speaker is either mains-powered, or you can feed four AA batteries into the compartment tucked away in the base. While Bluetooth is the primary function the BTM8 does so with the help of NFC or Near Field Communication technology to help things along. Should you happen to own an NFC-enabled smartphone such as Sony?s own Xperia X or the Google Nexus 4 or HTC One XL, you can pair the handset to the speaker simply by touching it next to NFC icon on the centre of the carry handle. My phone automatically turns Bluetooth on and connects in a matter of seconds so you?re ready to stream ? it?s a neat, convenient way to connect and it?s only going to gain popularity and prominence. As with the vast majority of speakers at this level, there?s an element of thinness to the Sony?s treble, but it isn?t overly spikey or splashy. Low frequencies display a decent sense of weight for the unit's size, while there?s good control and definition on offer too. The SRS-BTM8 drives along to Spector?s Celestine with gusto ? guitars, drums and vocals all combine to produce a relatively seamless listen. If you need a Bluetooth speaker that?s nice to use and can handle decent volumes in decent-sized rooms, then the Sony should be near the top of your list.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown