• Samsung UE55H6470 / LCD TV / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      01.07.2015 17:53

Advantages

• "Low consumption"
      • "Big screen"

Disadvantages

Now it's a good moment to buy it.

Samsung UE55H6470 it's a big 55 inch tv from the last year production, which might be better than the same class tv from this year.
      It's a 3D panel and comes with 2 pairs of active glasses (with battery). I'm not a fan of 3D so I didn't use this feature except a few times, for my son, and we managed to escape alive from the evil snake. Anyway, even if you don't use 3D either, it's good to know that a 3D panel it's better than a 2D panel.
      The Smart part is also full of everything you can think of and it's running pretty nice thanks to the quad core processor.
      With Wi-Fi Direct you can connect it to internet (watch YouTube, use Facebook or many other applications) and to your network, so you can see whatever you want from your personal computer.
      Samsung has an application called Smart View 2.0, for sharing your files easily, but it's not working so good. I reccomend installing a program like Serviio or Plex which are much more satisfying.
      This tv includes the new remote called "Smart Touch" because it has a touch pad, like laptops do, so you can move your cursor on the screen. It's good and has a nice feeling in hand, but I still prefer the old one, my son don't.
      Good 4 HDMI ports to connect all your devices, from which one is ARC (Audio Return Channel) useful if you connect it to the receiver.
      3 USB ports, where you can connect a stick or a hard drive so you see the content on your screen.

01.07.2015 16:19

Advantages

• Long-lasting

Disadvantages

• "Original Casio battery very expensive"

Very good, I still use it at least one time a week.

It's been 8 years that I have this Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z8 camera and it's working and looking as new.
      Over the years I had only one problem: the original battery was swollen inside the camera so I had a little hard time pulling it out, but I finally did it and I tried to the nearest shop to buy a new one. They told me I have to order it and the price was like 70% of a new camera, so I said no.
      But I found a compatible battery (not original Casio) over the internet, very cheap, and I still have it.
      About the camera, I'm very pleased, even if now I realize it's pretty old, for me the 8.1 Mega Pixels it's more than enough.
      You can also record only audio or even make short movies (one of the presets it's optimized for YouTube).
      The best pictures are the ones made outside with strong sun from the back, but also the postcard type of pictures with a beautiful scenery (for that you have to put your camera on a tripod, or just in a way it doesn't move at all).
      I use a 16 GB SD Card (I'm sure it works even with the 32 GB version) so it's easy to transfer all I want from the card to my laptop, if I don't want to use the USB cable provided.
      It also has a special cable to connect the camera directly to your television, with RCA connection.

01.07.2015 16:00

Advantages

• "Good Facilities"
      • Free
      • "World Class Art"

Disadvantages

My Favourite Gallery

The National Portrait Gallery is probably my most favourite art gallery in London. If you are a fan of portraiture then this is a real must-visit. Situated on St Martin’s Place just behind the National Gallery on Trafalgar Square, this free gallery feature portraits of numerous British people throughout history. Not all paintings are traditional ‘sat’ portraits, some are depictions from battle or historical scenes but the people within the paintings are the main feature.

The gallery was founded in 1856, and feature portraits from 1485 onwards including caricatures and photographs. On my last visit I saw the Grayson Perry 'Who Are You?' exhibits (free) and in the past David Bailey’s Stardust exhibition of photographs (one you have to pay for), but apart from the few special exhibitions the gallery is free and you can wander at your leisure. I tend to start at the Tudor collections on the top floor and work my way down. There are a lot of royals depicted in some magnificent portraits, as well as more modest portraits to contributors to science and the arts.

One of my more favourite of the more contemporary portraits is one of Joan Collins painted by Andy Warhol in the mid-eighties. Recent acquisitions include the first (and rather unflattering) portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge and ‘People’s Portrait’ (where the subject was nominated by the public) of Falkland’s war veteran Simon Weston.

There is a good standard of facilities here, as well as late night opening and drawing classes. Highly recommended

01.07.2015 15:55

Advantages

• "Fast acting and effective"

Clarityn beats hay fever

My hay fever has gradually been getting worse as I have got older and I have been suffering particularly badly this year. My eyes are so itchy that I find myself rubbing them quite hard to relieve the itching but this makes them very sore and it turns into a vicious circle of itching and rubbing until my eyes are very red and sore. I am sneezing numerous times a day and my nose keeps running as though I have a bad dose of the flu.

I have taken other brand of hay fever tablets in previous years but tried these Clarityn tablets mainly due to them being on offer at my local homestore for £1.50 which is the cheapest I have seen them. I don't tend to take them every day just when I feel I need them when I wake up, or when I know the pollen count I going to be particularly high.

The active ingredient in these tablets is cetirizine hydrochloride which is in the majority of hay fever tablets and in addition to hay fever they are also suitable for skin and pet allergies, and mould spore and house dust mite allergies. The box contains 7 tablets but you can also get them in boxes of 12.

The recommended dosage for an adult is one per day, for children ages 6 to 12 half a tablet twice a day and they are not suitable for children under 6 years old. There is a warning on the box stating that they may cause drowsiness and if so not to drive or operate machinery. Personally I haven't found they make me any more tired than I am during the hot weather anyway, but I am sure that everyone's tolerance levels are different and you should be aware that they can make you sleepy. They are also not suitable if you are pregnant or breast feeding.

The tablets themselves are small and round and are easily popped out of the foil. I find them small enough to swallow without having any water with them and there is no real taste to them. I find that if I take one of these tablets my symptoms usually start to reduce after about half an hour and this lasts for the rest of the day. I do still sneeze occasionally but I don't have the itchy eyes and runny nose so a few sneezes I can cope with.

I feel that these tablets contain my hay fever and reduce my symptoms, and I would recommend them to others as long as the price is right.

• tripadvisor.com / Internet Site / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.07.2015 14:57

Advantages

• "Enjoyable to review places of interest"
      • "Reading other reviewers which helps when planning trips etc"
      • "Great way to air views about places visited"

Disadvantages

• "Do some companies get friends and family to give good reviews?"
      • "Not much reward for writing reviews"

Good site for gaining back ground knowledge about a place

Now, I love to review anything and everything. I have always been a keen reviewer on things I purchase from sites on line and in store and when Trip Advisor came to my knowledge I began to write about every place I had been too and thoroughly enjoy telling others my views either favourable or not.

I have also been influenced by other trusted reviewers when looking for places to eat, holiday destinations and accommodation.

Trip Advisor have just begun a new points system where collecting points for reviews let's you scale the heights to new levels where a badge is earned for attaining the new level. I have written many reviews on Trip Advisor and would like there to be a better rewards system, maybe vouchers for discounts on places that are reviewed or something similar.

I have found through my time reviewing on this site that there are often mixed reviews and sometime people have found the place they are reviewing to be worthy of a glowing report whilst the same place can get a no go area type of review.

I always try to give an honest point of view about everything I review and enjoy helping fellow travellers and diners to find the best places in the same way that I use Trip Advisor to gain background knowledge of what other's think of a place before deciding if I am going to visit myself.

I think the time taken to write out reviews which help to make Trip Advisor a successful site that the rewards system could be better. This is one reason I joined dooyoo as I am now getting rewarded for doing what I like to do and also gaining knowledge from other reviewers about products that sometimes I didn't even know existed.

Trip advisor is a good site for finding out beforehand the experiences of people who have already been to a place.

• Sony BDP-S1 / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.07.2015 14:49

Advantages

• "Sharp image"

Disadvantages

• "CDs not accepted"
      • "HDMI cable not included"

Out to date

Sony BDP-S1 it's a vintage look Blu-ray disc player (DVD compatible, of course) for video, audio and pictures (.jpeg format). It's not compatible with any format of CDs.
      For the movies on DVDs it offers 1080p upscalling through HDMI cable, which might change the way your old DVDs looked.
      It's pretty expensive and it doesn't even come with a HDMI cable included.
      When this player was released was even more expensive, and we had no choice, as this is one of the first blu-ray players ever and it was long waited, but today even the blu-ray player from a PS3 console might be better and less expensive than this. But in those days, the people didn't even know for sure if this format will be the winner over the other format HD-DVD.
      Anyway, this player offers a very sharp image and you can adjust the settings of your speakers, if you have this connected to a 5.1 receiver.
      The buttons are at the top of the front panel without offering a feedback when you press one, but I think nobody uses this buttons so often, for that we have the remote control.
      The sound quality is very good, having all that precision we except from Sony, as long as you also have a good receiver with quality speakers.
      Being old, it's not compatible with HDMI 1.3 version or with BD Profile,loading disc time it's pretty long and it also can happen that a new blu-ray disc doesn't work at all.

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.07.2015 13:59

Advantages

• "Delivered within time given"
      • "Good prices and offers"
      • "Excellent customer service"

Disadvantages

Very customer friendly

Ordering was easy and prices were good with cashback offered for the product I required. The PC arrived in good time and was as required. I rang ebuyer for advice on claiming the cashback and was given advice and help over and above anything I expected and was e-mailed a link to the claim form, a copy of the invoice, and other details such as product code, etc. that I would need for the claim. This was sent immediately.With this help I was able to complete the claim form with ease. My call to ebuyer was answered immediately with no being kept on hold other than in the process of my enquiry being sorted. The person who responded was friendly and courteous.

• Tannoy Arena Satellite / Speaker / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.07.2015 13:40

Advantages

• longer-lasting
      • "Easy set up/purchasing"

Disadvantages

• "A little expensive"
      • "The sound can mess up at times"

Get it now, will last very long, just be aware of its faults.

When I bought this product, I was amazed at how quickly I could put it to use, it worked instantly and was able to play music, the radio or just anything I wanted it too. It's great for kids too, as my brothers loved using it for their birthday parties. At a cost of £179.99, I thought I was taking a risk, but I couldn't be more wrong, the sound quality is insanely good and the durability is fantastic, (I have now owned this great product for over 2 years).

It looks great too, and the volume adjusts to a high difference in sound levels, you can play it like background music for a chilled evening in, or take it out to a friends house for a party, it will always provide wonderful entertainment for all ages!

Despite it being fantastic for the norm, it can have its bad days, as it does use up battery life quicker than most electrical products and can be faulty at times, for example when trying to turn it on it can spike a little and the sound will crackle, but just expect this when first putting it to use. Along with this, it is likely to be turned on and the sound be really high or low for some reason, this is because it may be turned off and can be altered very easily, as it is a quite small and delicate product. Overall I'd recommend it as it is worth paying for its long lasting great quality use.

• holisticshop.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.07.2015 13:07

Advantages

• "Product performance is of an acceptable standard"
      • "Kinder to the environment than some similar products"
      • Organic
      • Vegan-Friendly

Disadvantages

Holisticshop put in another winning performance!

Holisticshop provided an excellent order processing/delivery service, which included the relevant email notifications (order received and order despatched notes) and next day delivery.

The product, itself, which is Vegan-Friendly (vitally important!), I've used before (although from other suppliers)and have been satisfied with its functionality.

I've, now, placed several orders with Holisticshop, and, as well as being very satisfied with their order processing service, I have also had the good fortune to experience their 'after-sales' service, which involved the replacement of certain supplied products which didn't quite come up to standard, on a previous order to the one referred to in this review. I tend to think that the most reliable 'litmus test', of a supplier's service, is how well they perform after they've got your money, and despatched the goods. The after-sales service that I received from Holisticshop was of an exceptionally high standard!

Finally, I love their website! (Fantastic product info, especially the, 'What the staff think', information! - It's so useful!!!)

JD

• Acer Aspire XC600 / Desktop PC / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.07.2015 12:58

Advantages

• Quiet
      • "Good looking"

Disadvantages

• "Lack of USB 3.0"

Good for the price and size

Acer Aspire XC 600 it's a good looking dektop which offers a good performance for the value.
      It comes with Windows 8 which works well, and with 30 days trial of Microsoft Office 2010 (then, if you want to continue using Office, you have to buy a code from Microsoft).
      It's also wireless, like a laptop, but you have to pay attention to the wireless antenna which is pretty fragile.
      Once you boot it up, it's pretty quiet, so it's good to have this PC even in the bedroom if you like to watch YouTube or a movie on DVD or else, lying in your bed, especially if you connect it to a tv set with a hdmi cable, or, if your tv is Smart enough (it just have to be DLNA compatible) without any cable, just stream over the network with the help of a program like Serviio or another similar program.
      The strange thing with this PC it's that both the keyboard and the mouse are wired, but of course you can change them with a wireless version if you really need that.
      In the front, for easy access, it has a card reader slot - SD, 2 USB ports, and a pair of 3.5 mm audio inputs and outputs jacks.
      In the back it has another 6 USB ports, a HDMI output, a Gigabit Ethernet socket and the two PS/2 connectors.
      I advice to uninstall the pre-installed software from Acer as you'll probably never need or use.
      It's good for kids or light users.

• WhatsApp (Android) / Apps / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      01.07.2015 12:29

Advantages

• Free

Disadvantages

• Buggy

Whats Uppppp!

Whatsapp is one of many free messengers online that you can chat and send photos to each other on, as long as they are on whatsapp. It pitches itself as ‘simple online messaging’. These apps are the main reason mobile phone networks offer unlimited texts now with contract phones and PAYG bundles. For some reason Microsoft got rid of their MSN messenger service just as smartphone use was accelerating and merged it with Skype and so Whatsapp the first to fill the gap. If you have, or had, a message limit on your smartphone you have one of these downloaded. There are more voice centered versions like Viber that you can actually have free phone calls on anywhere in the world, if you both have the software on your phone, but for some reason not cool. It isn’t as popular as whatsap and the likes of snapchat so you have to go to the whatsapp’s of the world to hook up with people. I don’t use it to hook up with people but it is my default online messenger service.

It’s available on all mobile platforms like windows and android phones and there are unregistered online versions you can use to replace your msn messenger on PC although Skype is fine for that. Some people want to webcam to get their clothes off so Watsapp ideal for that on your phone. You can send files, pictures, webcam and video through it. If you do pay more for picture messaging avatars and emoticons are classed as MSM picture texts on cheaper non smartphones that can run apps and so at the higher message rate.

There are no adverts on the site! The company says because they wanted to provide the consumer with a free and easy non cluttered service! Bo**ocks!!!! They have to earn to keep it going so will be selling your data on the sly. Also, it’s hard to actually attach targeted adverts to smaller app sites. The app makers have yet to crack that problem of ads on smartphones and smartphones not making any money for anyone as those calls and text become free.

It’s straight forward to load from places like Google Play and Windows Store and free of charge. Simple registration and you can have more than one account administered through your phone. If you want to be anonymous then not a problem. When has the person you speak to in a chatroom ever been the person you think you are speaking to in that chatroom? The saying goes that if you are speaking to a 45-year-old guy online then he is probably that but if you are speaking to a 15-year-old girl then you are also speaking to a 45-year-old man. Whatsapp isn’t really a chatroom like snapchat to be honest but does the job to replace MSN.

01.07.2015 10:41

Advantages

• "Players 1-2"
      • "Fun for younger players"
      • "Very good for trophy hunters"

Disadvantages

• "No multi player"
      • "Very short"

Must have for a trophy hunter.

Megamind game was released in 2010, shortly after the well known cartoon movie, with the same name.

This game is pretty fun, (even if you are not a kid anymore) and you can play it alone or with a friend (I played it with my son - and maybe that was another reason for me to enjoy this game) in CO-OP mode (there's no multi player for this game).

We completed the game in 3 hours and 46 minutes (yes, it's that short) and that could be a disadvantage for a casual gamer, but for a trophy hunter, this game is in top 10 of games to play.

When I say "completed" I mean all the trophies (26 trophies: 10 bronze, 8 silver, 7 gold and that shiny platinum we "all" want), not the story of the game, which you will finish even faster.

Even if it's pretty repetitive (especially for adult players) it doesn't get too boring (it doesn't have the time) because you are always in the middle of doing something.
      You can always replay any chapter (I know you won't, but the kids loves to do that) even if, honestly, the replay value of this game it's equal to zero.
      It has 10 chapters and a few bosses to defeat, that if you want to be a "Mega Hero", of course.
      There aren't any collectibles in the game (you decide if it's a good thing or not) so it's a pretty straighforward and nothing to worry about, game.

01.07.2015 10:13

Advantages

• " engaging read"
      • "Well written"

Disadvantages

• "Different from previous two novels"

Re-Visiting Bridget

Mad About The Boy is the third ‘Bridget Jones’ book by Helen Fielding. I enjoyed the first two when they came out and was both intrigued and slightly worried about re-visiting the series some years later.

[No Spoilers – all that I discuss is revealed in the early chapters]

Bridget and Mark Darcy married and had two children before Mark died, leaving Bridget financially secure but a single mother. We read about Bridget’s struggle, both past and present, to get back on her feet and be a good mother. Aspects of her relationship with Mark, told in retrospect, are revealed throughout the book. Although the book is still in diary form, these longer back-story aspects, make the book seem more like a ‘normal’ novel told chronologically. Some old characters are still around such as Daniel Cleaver and some of her old nutty mates. Her friends decide that she should be trying to start dating again and meanwhile she discovers the ‘joys’ of Twitter. This being Bridget, there is usually an element of chaos lurking somewhere.

Criticism of the book maybe that it is too convenient to have Bridget as a wealthy, yummy mummy, meaning the author doesn’t have to deal with Bridget juggling work and children, or budgeting as many single mum’s would find they have to do. It does make her slightly un-relatable.

Whilst I did enjoy ‘catching up’ with Bridget I found the book much more sad and bittersweet than I expected. If you enjoyed the first books than I think this is worth a read, but it isn’t necessarily more of the same. Bridget has grown up, and so have we.

01.07.2015 08:23

Advantages

• "does the job"

Disadvantages

• "doesn't smell nice"

A good inexpensive product

I do like this product a lot and it's great to go to when I need a new lotion but I don't have the money to purchase the lotion that I want because it's so inexpensive.

The packaging of this product is very feminine with it's hot pink bottle and flowers but it does make sense considering it a hand and nail cream. Along with this the packaging has a lid that can be shut properly so when traveling you don't need to worry about it spilling in your bag. Compared to other products such as the body butter from body shop which just has a lid which is very easy to come off, this product is great to travel with.

I thing that I like about this product is that it is a hand and nail cream so when moisturizing your hand your nails are getting some care as well which is great because personally I don't take care off my nails very well and knowing that by just moisturizing your hands your nails are getting treated properly.

My overall opinion about this product is that it is a good product and it get's the job done for a really inexpensive price. The only thing about this product that may seem as though it's not good is the brand because it is a tesco brand so it is not looked as great as other moisturizer like Body Butters from the body shop or like garnier's Skin Naturals Honey Intensive 7 Days Hand Cream.

• JVC CS V525 / Car Speaker / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      01.07.2015 00:27

Advantages

• "good price"
      • "easy enough to fit"
      • "good sound quality"

Disadvantages

• none

make you car be heard when you drive passed the library

These speakers sit below the shelf in the back of my little car, screwed into place with the smallest, yet very strong screws.
      They offer 110watts of power, each, which gives a mind bending 220watts. This may not sound a lot to the heavy metal fans out there but these are in a car not hung on the walls in Wembley Stadium.
      They are only 16cm in diameter, in a circular fashion with four little brackets arranged around the speakers casing so that they can be attached to either the doors of of the car or, like me, on the back shelf.
      They can rustle a bit when the volumes exceeds the three quarter Mark, but as I tend to have mine lower than that I have no issues with this at all.
      They did not come with mesh covers, for some reason, but I already had them on the shelf which, luckily for me, and a little bit of messing about, these speakers fitted lovely. The wires were already connected to the stereo anyway so there was no hassles in trying to thread wire through the entire car.
      They are made of the same sort of material that all speakers are made of, so they not going to be any good if they get wet. Plus, even though it is tempting I know not to push the central dome in as this really will give the speakers a bit of a rattling sound, which is not good at all
      There's not a lot else I can say about these speakers as I think I've said all I can.
      They are easy to fit. They are a good price for a branded pair, selling for about £20 for the pair. They give out a cracking sound quality without any real stutters of crackling.
      So, if you're after a nice set of speakers than these are well worth looking at.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown