• Nails inc. The Boltons / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.11.2014 13:37

Advantages

• "It lasts for long"
      • "It is easy to apply"
      • "It is a very beautiful colour"

Disadvantages

• "There are no disadvantages"

Nails Inc The Boltons nail polish

WHAT IS IT?

This is nail polish that is made by Nails Inc. The colour is called The Boltons and the shade is bright red that has got a luminous finish when the polish has dried.

WHAT I THINK

I bought this nail polish because I saw it and it looked very different to the other colours I have got even though I have got alot of different nail polish that are red. It has got a shine in the bottle that makes it look different to normal red nail polish and I tried it because I thought it looked very different and attractive.

It is very easy to apply because all Nails Inc brushes are a nice shape and they are the correct length also to make it neat even for people who are not very good at putting colour on their nails without going onto the skin.

It is very thick and takes a long time to dry and that is a pity because you have to apply 2 coats to get the shimmer effect of the nail polish so that is alot of time that you have to spend colouring your nails with this.

I think the results are worth the time though because my nails look very beautiful in this shade and are bright red but with a shimmer that you can see all of the time but it is most plain when you are in bright light. I have worn it through summer because it looks more fun and pretty in the sun than plain red nail polish. I have worn it on my finger nails only.

It lasts for 2 days and I think that is good because I have got a job that I have to use my hands for so nail polish lasts me only for about that time, one time I used this when I was not at work and it did not start to chip for 3 days so I was happy about that.

It is as easy as normal nail polish to remove.

5 Dooyoo Hearts.

26.11.2014 13:16

Advantages

• "It removes light polish"

Disadvantages

• "It does not work very good on some"
      • "It makes a mess of my fingers"
      • "It smells very bad"

Boots nail polish remover pads

WHAT ARE THEY?

These are small pads that have got nail polish remover already on them so that you can remove your nail polish without using separate balls of cotton wool and a bottle of nail polish remover.

HOW DO YOU USE THEM?

You take out one pad and use it to remove your nail polish. Boots think that one pad can do all 10 of your nails but that is not true and I have to use 2 pads at least to remove all the polish from my nails.

WHAT I THINK

I think there are not enough pads in each pot because there are only 15 and they are used up very quick if you wear nail polish every day like I do. The pads are quite thick but they are not so effective as when I use a bottle of nail polish remover and it does not feel to me like there is enough of the product soaked into each pad.

It removes many nail polishes but cannot remove some others very easy and that is a pity because I like to know that my beauty products will be versatile. I have got some glitter nail polish that I am going to start wearing alot more now it is winter but these pads cannot remove that even though the glitter is not so tough as other glitter polishes I have got.

The pads smell very bad and they make my hands smell for a long time after I have used them.

I do not like that when these pads remove my nail polish it makes it wet on the pad so I get polish on my fingers that has transferred from the pads because then I have to make an effort to remove that also and it adds time when this is a product that said it would save me time.

ANYTHING ELSE

15 nail polish remover pads costs £1.50 and I think that is a lot because you have to use more than one each time you remove your nail polish and I do not think they work very good.

2 Dooyoo Hearts.

26.11.2014 12:52

Advantages

• "Instant relief from dry skin"
      • "Highly moisturising"

Disadvantages

• "A lack of scent"

Where's The Lavender?!

My love affair with Aveeno began when one of their products fixed a small patch of dry skin/eczema on my leg, I was so impressed with it that I decided to look at other products in their range and see what was available.

I purchased the Daily Moisturising Lotion online as I like the smell of lavender and thought it would be a nice change to the more plain fragrance of their 'original' body lotion - a silly mistake as it happens as my only downside to this is the fact it barely smells of lavender at all, which proves I've been right all these years when it comes to avoiding buying scented products 'blind'.

Anyway, it's lovely to use and has the same moisturising capabilities as the other products in the Aveeno range. It's a little wetter in consistency than the few other Aveeno moisturisers I've tried but it absorbs reasonably quickly and feels instantly smoothing on my skin. It claims to moisturise dry skin for 24 hours but I'm inclined to say you need to apply at least twice a day if your dry skin is as bad as mine was, if your skin is just generally dry then you may get away with applying it once a day - and to be honest it's slowish absorption rate means I wouldn't fancy using it twice daily if I was applying it all over, it's easy enough to roll my trouser leg up and apply it on my eczema patch but I think the experience would be a little too wet to go through it all over my body twice every day.

What little fragrance there is in the lotion disappears after a few minutes and really I don't think I'll bother with this one again due to the fact it's not much different to other Aveeno products given the very light scent - other products in the range provide the same level of moisturisation but take less time to absorb so it doesn't really make sense for me to continue to choose this one again.

I have the 200ml tube which cost around £5 (maybe a little more); that's not a bad price at all as it's a super body lotion and a little really does go a long way, I'd guesstimate this tube has lasted for seven weeks now with almost daily use which makes it excellent value in my opinion.

26.11.2014 12:29

Advantages

• "A total bargain"
      • "Smells really lovely"
      • "Washes kids' hair brilliantly"

Disadvantages

• "The conditioning abilities aren't great"

Super Shampooing, Clumsy Conditioning

I've always used a mix of Avon Kids and L'Oreal Kids for shampoos for the kids once they've passed the Johnson's Baby stage, I love the smell of kids shampoo but sadly it's not enough for my hair so I don't tend to use it myself (unless I'm desperate!).

While hanging around in Sainsbury's a few months ago waiting for their tediously slow pharmacy to fill a prescription I found myself in the hair care aisle and spotted the store's own brand range of kids toiletries and when I saw a bottle of Cherry and Almond 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner (my two favourite fragrances) I decided to try a bottle, for £1 I didn't have much to lose if it was no good but to be honest I didn't see why it wouldn't work as well as other kids shampoo we've used.

It's actually very good, I use it on my seven year old daughter and three year old son - it suits David better as his hair is really short (he's growing out a crew cut) and although it provides passable results on Hollie's hair I personally don't think the conditioning aspect is effective enough for her much longer (with tangle-tendencies) hair. It doesn't matter as it was so cheap that I bought Hollie her usual L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner and kept this one for her little brother, it's still a saving compared to having to use the more expensive product on both of their heads although really the saving isn't all that much doing it my way and not worth having to keep two bottles of shampoo in the bathroom instead of one.

I have no issues with the cleansing abilities of the shampoo, it's purely the conditioner side that lets it down for us - both kids' hair is spotlessly clean after just one cycle of shampooing, they have a bath or shower every day so their hair doesn't get particularly dirty but I've noticed if one of them has food (bean juice/soup etc...) in their hair the shampoo is extremely effective at removing it. David is usually the 'in the hair' culprit and I can confirm it also removes kiddie glue, soap residue, toothpaste and scrambled egg - although it failed with mechanics underseal (a long and stupid story, hence aforementioned crew cut).

The main issue with this is the fact it doesn't stop Hollie's hair tangling and doesn't leave it looking particularly shiny either, until very recently she had waist length hair but has had it chopped to her shoulders so maybe it would cope better with her shorter style - frankly it's not worth the brush-time tears to find out though so I'll stick with the L'Oreal for her.

£1 is a total bargain though and it'll last David forever with his short hair.

• Barry M Blusher in Raspberry / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.11.2014 12:01

Advantages

• "Really vibrant"

Disadvantages

• "bit powdery"

A lovely effect

I like to buy make up and make myself up when I go out for the evening and i like to bguy a variety of products so that I can achieve a particular look. I bought this because I thought it looked so bright and vibrant and thought it would make a really big impact, far different to the products that I normally have so it added something different to my make up case.

This comes in a little compact with a blusher brush. I really like the brush as it's flat and I find that this helps me to apply the blush to my cheeks. The way it's shaped makes moving it up your cheeks in a sweeping motion is really easy, you can create a good line with it. I like that it fits in the compact too so you don't need to carry around a brush separately.

Now the blush itself is really vibrant, it's raspberry pink and very bright so you don't need to put a lot on. I normally find that just one sweep across each cheek is sufficient and so for this reason it means that it lasts a long time!

The only criticism I can think of is that is it a little powdery so when I apply it it's very easy for it to end up on my chin when I don't want it to!

I do like this though as it's very lovely and I love the brightness of it, it creates a lovely effect

• BBC Prime / TV Channel / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      26.11.2014 11:49

Advantages

• "497 words"
      • "Primetime for movies"

Disadvantages

• "Now an online movie channel only"

Heli - a cracking Mexican movie on the BBC

The drug war endlessly rages in South America. The Americans do what they can to fight it there with ‘advisors’ haplessly trying to stem the flow to the US border, but military action over the decades in places like Columbia squeezing the product up the continent to bottleneck in Mexico, where the most violent war rages. Here different countries corrupt official’s and cartels battle for control and the Mexican people caught up in it all. The American politicians that sign the cheques to stem the flow are often blowing it up their nose. Only last month 43 student teachers disappeared in the sticks after a protesting about the drug war, the police and drug cartels number one suspects. Drug crime is insidious across the country with its tentacles reaching into every part of Mexican life. There are 26,000 disappeared buried in Mexico. It’s believed 120,000 have died since 2006. Heli’s story is no different, a grim and visceral movie about a young family pulled into the mire.

Plot

Heli (Armando Espitia), wife Sabrina (Linda González) and baby son Santiago live with Heli’s father Evaristo (Ramón Álvarez) and Heli’s little sister Estela (Andrea Vergara). 13-year-old Estela has a much older boyfriend, 17-year-old Beto (Juan Eduardo Palacios), a cadet being bullied on National Service. Heli has a job at the local car factory where his dad works and the wife studying hard for college.

Beto has a sideline, using Estela’s family home to hide cocaine in the water tank. Heli finds the drugs when trying to fix the shower and dumps them far away in disgust. Later that day the cops bust in looking for the drugs, Evaristo shot dead as he tries to defend himself. Heli and Estela and a badly beaten Beto are taken for a ride by the policia to find the drugs. When it’s confirmed Heli has destroyed them they are taken to a local cartel by the corrupt cops, where they are split up and terrible things happen to them. The drugs are gone and destroyed but someone has to pay in this sadistic world.

Results

The critics loved this grim and oppressive movie. The good people that work hard that can save the country are simply being overwhelmed by evil. But this is the reality of Mexico today and so need for hyperbole. Director Amat Escalante won Best Director at Cannes and nominated for the 2013 Palm de Or for expressing that maleficent, no doubt getting one of those insufferable 10-minute standing ovations.

It’s a tough watch but completely believable. It involves one of the most gruesome and cringing torture scenes you will ever see in a movie involving a cricket bat and some lighter fuel, especially for muchachos. The acting is very real and convincing and the cast really throw themselves into a tough movie, underage dating another taboo your senses are assaulted with. The cast see these things happen every day and so clearly know how to present them on screen.

26.11.2014 11:10

Advantages

• "The bottle will last forever"
      • "Very easy to use"
      • "Cuts through eye make-up"

Disadvantages

• "Stings slightly if you get it in your eyes"

Cleansing My Lids And Lashes!

I wear fairly heavy mascara at times and after my Lancome eye make-up remover ran out I found myself on the hunt for an alternative, I loved the Lancome remover but found it a little too greasy sometimes which I wasn't impressed with considering the high cost of it (and the fact it claims to be non-greasy). I asked for a recommendation in Harvey Nichols and was immediately shown the Bliss Lid + Lash Make-Up Remover which the assistant said she'd been using since it was introduced into the range, at £14 it was a little more than I wanted to spend really but she was so complimentary about it that I decided to go for it.

It's fantastic, seriously excellent. To use it you simply put a small blob on a cotton wool pad and sweep it across your eyes a couple of times until all traces of eye make-up are removed, the remover is supplied in a plastic bottle which has a pump attachment on the top so you simply press down until you have enough on your cotton wool then let the pump go to stop the flow. Simples.

It stings a little if it gets in your eyes and that was quite surprising as it feels like such a lovely gentle product, I must admit I wasn't particularly careful at avoiding getting it in my eyes to start with but as soon as I felt that sting I soon learned my lesson!

It cuts through eye make-up wonderfully and has turned a long and tedious job into something that takes seconds to perform, it's effective too and removes everything rather than just getting rid of the main make-up but leaving a small amount behind to give me panda eyes the next morning - never a good look!

I've used it on just about every eye make-up; mascara, waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, eyeshadow etc... It has never struggled with anything and feels so cool and refreshing on my eyelids at the end of the day that it's almost a treatment as well as a cleanser as it definitely makes my tired eyes feel brighter and healthier (not to mention cleaner!).

In my opinion this is definitely worth the price I paid and I'll happily pay it again, the bottle (110ml) will last just about forever I think anyway so I can't imagine that I'll have to buy another one anytime soon - total bargain and a very effective eye make-up remover.

26.11.2014 10:55

Advantages

• "Nice body wash"

Disadvantages

• Expensive
      • "Not my favourite"

Ok, but expensive for what it is.

I was given this Sanctuary Covent Garden Creamy Body wash as part of a gift set with the body lotion for my birthday a couple of years ago! I was using the bottle in my old house, but due to the house move it got relegated to a drawer of partially used shower gels (etc) which I am only now coming across.

My preference is Soap and Glory shower gels, but I was quite optimistic about this, as had heard good things about the brand. It is in a nice (but simple) bottle a similar size and shape to a bottle of deodorant. It contains 250ml. The bottle is clear (but tinted) with an orange lid.

Rather than being a shower gel this is a body wash, but I use it in the same way by applying to my shower puff, rubbing in, getting a good lather (this works well) and then rinsing off.

I am not a fan of the bottle as it's a hassle having to take the lid off, and then turn upside down to get it out - this can be awkward when you get towards the end of the bottle. Although the smell of the shower gel is nice enough (almond, sandalwood and patchouli (whatever that might be), it's not my favourite sort of fragrance for a shower gel.

This is meant to be more luxurious and moisturising than other shower products, but unfortunately my showers these days are quick and far from luxurious (due to baby). However, it does leave my skin feeling clean and moisturised. It is meant to work best when followed by a body lotion, so I will be reviewing that shortly! It costs £5.50 for a bottle in Boots which is very expensive for what it is. I would prefer to either use Soap and Glory, or alternatively a cheaper shower gel.

3 out of 5 from me

26.11.2014 10:49

Advantages

• "Lovely rose scent"
      • "Pretty retro packaging"
      • " moisturising balm"
      • Protective

Disadvantages

• "Difficult to open"

Like rose-scented Vaseline for the hands

I bought a tub of Cath Kidston Rose Hand Balm recently when I was spending the last of a gift voucher I'd been given. I'd previously received this hand balm as a present and had enjoyed using it, so I thought I knew exactly what to expect, although when the product arrived it had clearly been updated. Firstly, unlike the pink plastic tub shown in the picture, the balm now comes in a silver-coloured round metal tin, with a sticker bearing a retro rose design on the lid.

It's not just the packaging for this hand balm which is different now, however. The old Wild Rose balm was a bit like a firmer version of hand cream, or like a body butter for the hands. The new balm reminds me a bit of Vaseline lip balm and is a very firm, white coloured balm which you apply by running your finger across the surface to collect some of the balm. I do like the new style of hand balm and find it very protective of the skin, especially in winter, but those who want a softer hand balm may not be so keen on this product. It does leave a bit of a shine on the hands.

Ingredients-wise, this contains petrolatum (hence the similarity to Vaseline products) and liquid paraffin, beeswax, shea butter and a few other ingredients. It doesn't have any parabens or colours. The rose fragrance is quite delicate in line with other Cath Kidston rose-scented products, which makes it pleasant to use.

I paid 8GBP for a 60g tub of this hand balm from the Cath Kidston website. It will last for ages due to the firm texture of the balm and the fact that you only use a small amount at a time. It's currently available for the same price from the Heathcote and Ivory website (they make the balm on behalf of Cath Kidston).

Although this product has changed a lot and is not what I expected, I would probably get it again. I do like this style of hand balm when it's colder weather and skin gets prone to chapping. It probably wouldn't suit everyone as it's not a traditional hand cream as such and does form a protective coating on the hands. One slight problem I have is that if you get any of the balm on the outside of the tin, it becomes very difficult to prise the lid off as it is slippy. This is a product I'd carry in my bag for quickly dealing with patches of dry or chapped skin when I'm out and about.

26.11.2014 10:47

Advantages

• "Very cheap and reasonably effective"

Disadvantages

• "The smell is awful in my opinion"
      • "Very wet so takes a while to absorb"

This Doesn't Butter Me Up!

OK, so one thing I've learned since looking around for cosmetics and toiletries to review is that Primark body butter lasts FOREVER - this tub, for example, was purchased two years ago almost to the day (I remember buying it on the day of a big night out, I don't have automatic recall about my smellies purchases) and was promptly shoved in a drawer in the bathroom and has only just come to light again. I'm not even sure it's still available in this Pomegranate and Watermelon fragrance, but as I'm not a fan of the smell of the butter that doesn't matter in the slightest to me!

I can smell both pomegranate and watermelon in the butter but as with most things that have even a hint of watermelon it's this I can smell strongest, the pomegranate comes through more as a general fruitiness which honestly I think is ruined by the addition of the watermelon (although this is obviously personal preference).

The butter is nowhere near as thick as other butters I've used recently from the Body Shop and also my current favourites, Boots Extracts, but it's reasonably moisturising and works pretty well considering my 200ml tub only cost £1.50 - it has a slightly 'wet' sensation as I apply it and doesn't absorb very quickly into my skin, this is a nuisance as I like to use body butter first thing in the morning but I have to make sure I apply this on as soon as I get up otherwise it can cause me to be late for the school run while I wait for it to absorb. Not good.

It gives my skin a slightly softer feel but that doesn't last anywhere near all day and on those days when my skin is dry and misbehaving I need to use moisturiser at least on my legs and arms later on in the day (which I don't have to do when using others). Unfortunately the stink of watermelon lingers for far too long and that has actually put me off using it a few times on days where I really don't want this sickly fragrance around me.

For the price it's worth a try, if you don't like it you've lost £1.50 but if you DO like it then you've found a very cheap body butter which will save you a fortune in comparison to other butters.

26.11.2014 10:31

Advantages

• "Smells nice"
      • "Hollie loves having her own toiletries"
      • "Cleans well"

Disadvantages

• "None really except our bottle doesn't have the animal head!!!"

Where's Our Head?!

My daughter received a bottle of Funky Farm Bath and Shower Gel for her birthday in June and we've recently used it after she found the bottle in her bedroom, hers sadly does not have the cutesy animal head on the top of the bottle and features just a simple pump for dispensing the gel. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as the bottle has the farmyard wrap running around it and it looks very cheerful, Hollie is chuffed to have her own bath product so she's not fussed about the little things anyway!

The fragrance is really pretty, I'm not sure exactly what it is but I think I can detect strawberries - other than that it's just a sweet and very child-friendly smell that appeals more to Hollie than me to be honest, although I'd use it if I had to.

We've used it both in the bath and shower, Hollie washes herself and it looks much more straightforward for her to do this completely independently with the pump dispenser rather than watching her struggle to open bottles or squeeze tubes with slippery hands. She uses a bath sponge and it's simplicity itself to squirt some gel onto the sponge and wash herself down with it, I've watched and none of the shower gel slides off the sponge until she's ready to make some bubbles so not as much waste as expected considering this is a reasonably thin gel.

Hollie looks and smells clean after her bath or shower with Funky Farm, the sweet fragrance doesn't last for all that long really but it's strong enough to linger for a few minutes after her bath. It says on the bottle that you can use it as hair wash too but I haven't done this as we have shampoo so there's no need to use a product that will potentially be too drying for her hair (not that this gives me any inkling that it's a drying product, but most shower gels do have that effect when used on hair).

You don't see this everywhere but a couple of days ago I spotted a small range of Funky Farm toiletries in a local chemist where a 1 litre bottle of Bath and Shower Gel cost £1.60 - total bargain, I'm heading down there again this afternoon and am going to pick Hollie up a few bits and pieces for the toiletries hamper I'm making her up for Christmas.

26.11.2014 10:20

Advantages

• "Lasts Well"
      • "Works Well"
      • "Smells nice "

Disadvantages

• Expensive
      • "White bits"

Sure Smells Good!

I have tried a lot of different deodorants in my time, mainly because I am not brand loyal and I buy whatever is on offer when I go shopping. I have to say though that this is one I do particularly look out for to see if it is on offer because it is one of my favourites.

What Is Good About It?

Well the thing that I like most about this deodorant is the smell because it is absolutely gorgeous. It is so fresh and a little bit fruity rather than being florally, which is just what I like. I would describe it as being a bit like Davidoff's Cool Water perfume or perhaps CK One, so if you like that kind of scent, it is perfect for you.

The second thing that I like about it is the fact that it lasts well both in terms of how long it keeps you smelling fresh and how long the bottle lasts. It is a decent sized 250ml bottle and so lasts a while, especially because you don't need that much each time you use it. It claims to last 24 hours and I would just about agree with that because when I wear it I can still smell the deodorant under my arms when I wake up the following morning, which is nice.

What Is Not So Good About It?

At £3.29 a bottle, it is not the cheapest deodorant on the planet, although I would still say this is just about good value for money. I would definitely recommend keeping an eye out for it when it is on offer though, which it very often is in the big supermarkets.

The other thing that is not so good about it is the dreaded white patches. having said that, I only seem to get that for the first few times I use it after starting a new bottle. Perhaps the problem naturally gets better when the stuff inside hasn't been left to settle. It is also not as bad if you hold the bottle further away when you are spraying it.

Would I Recommend It?

Yes I would because it smells nice and works well. The couple of things that aren't so good about it aren't enough to make me not recommend it - although I would, like i said, suggest keeping an eye out for it when it is on special offer.

26.11.2014 09:38

Advantages

• "Lathers well"
      • "Cleans well"

Disadvantages

• "Not my favourite fragrance"

Ok handwash, but not the right one for me!

I'm not sure why I bought this handwash since I'm perfectly happy with the Palmolive Aquarium one which I've already reviewed. Perhaps I just wanted a bit of a change, as I can't imagine it being any cheaper than the others.I think I probably paid around £1 for the 300ml bottle.

This is in a transparent bottle with a white nozzle on top The table is a yellowy colour. It states that it is nourishing handwash with extracts of 100% natural origin. On the back there is further information such as a list of ingredients, which I won't list here.

To use simply push down the nozzle, get some on your hands with with warm water lather up and rinse. This is a creamy coloured handwash, and is lovely and thick. I wouldn't say I can spell almonds very well (maybe a hint), but it's more creamy and quite pleasant. It lathers really well and leaves my hands feeling really smooth and soft (and I suppose well nourished). However, I don't get that lovely fresh feeling that I do with more aqua based fragranced handwashes.

The smell does linger a little bit afterwards, but not unpleasantly so. I think this is quite a feminine handwash really, so I would prefer a different one which is more suitable to be used by everyone in the family.

It's a good enough handwash, but just not the smell of my choice, so I doubt I'll be buying it again (although unsure why I got it this time!)

3 out of 5 stars from me!

26.11.2014 08:54

Advantages

• "Left my skin soft and healthy "

Disadvantages

• "Not very pampering feeling"
      • "Messy "

Messy but nicer skin afterwards

I use face masks all the time though I usually only buy the single sachets of Montagne Jeunesse ones because they are so cheap but still effective.

I occasionally treat myself to a mask from Lush when I am feeling indulgent as they are wonderful but they are more expensive.

I have bought the Oatifix mask when my skin has been feeling extra dry as the girl in the shop recommended it to me for dry skin and this works to just give my skin a boost and leave it looking more radiant.

Normally I go for more mud based ones but this is different in that it resembles a porridge paste. It smells gorgeous though almost edible. It has so many lovely fresh and natural ingredients in it that it has got to be good for your skin.

There are oats as well as bananas, almonds and kaolin as well as loads more ingredients used in it. This wasn’t the easiest face mask to apply as the paste is quite thick and gloopy and difficult to spread. It feels a lot different to liquid masks.

After sitting with the mask on for 15 minutes you can wash it off and this makes a real mess. The oats go all over the sink and if you don’t clean them up straight away they stick and become a nightmare to remove. Also when you are applying the mask be careful not to get any in your hair or else it will stick and be hard to get off.

As I said earlier in the review I like a mask for a relaxing and pampering experience and this mask is neither of those things. I found it difficult to relax when I had this on as bits kept falling off.

The upside of this mask is that it left my skin feeling fabulous. My skin was so soft when this came off and it felt more moisturised and also a lot calmer and less sensitive which I wasn’t expecting. Once I had removed it and applied moisturiser my skin had a lovely healthy glow to it and it just looked clean and healthy.

I really liked the way that this left my skin looking though I didn’t enjoy the application so much.

The mask costs £6.50 a pot but you can get about 3 applications from that so it isn’t all that expensive when you think about it. The only problem is that this is a fresh mask so has a use by date which is about a month so you need to make sure that you are going to have the time to use the pot up so as to not waste it.

26.11.2014 08:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Smooth kissable lips

Lush do a range of lip scrubs and they are one of my favourite things that they do as they are so nice to use and really make my lips look luscious, smooth and soft.

I think that they are especially good to use in winter to slough away dead skin on your lips and stop them from looking chapped and cracked.

The mint julips one isn’t my favourite just because I like the flavours of some of the others better but it is still really good and if you prefer something minty then you will like this one.

It contains sugar which is what gives the scrub its exfoliating properties but it also has loads of oils in it so leave lips feeling super soft and smooth.

To use you get a damp fingers and take some of the scrub and then still using your fingers you then massage the scrub around your lips.

The sugar sloughs off all the bits of skin that might be hanging or loose and reveals the smoother skin underneath. The oil really penetrates your lips to give them extra moisture and condition them some more and afterwards your lips will look and feel so smooth. It is great for helping with chapped dry lips and if you put a good lip balm on after using it your lips will look fabulous.

The smell of this one is minty but sweet too and a little bit chocolaty and like all the scrubs it is difficult not to just lick it all off. It’s a nice flavour but I do still prefer the bubblegum one but that is just my own personal preference and this is nice too.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown