23.05.2015 13:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

A fresh, floral and spicy fragrance.

"Gucci Guilty eau de toilette takes its iconic entwined Gs as a catalyst and brings us a heroine who regards this emblem as an incitement to subvert. For this most contemporary of rebels, Gucci is the brand of sex and power. In Gucci Guilty, this woman discovers the very scent of defiance."

The Gucci Guilty gift set contains:
      - 50ml eau de toilette
      - 100ml body lotion

This was the first perfume gift set which my father bought for my mother (much to her surprise!). I have seen the price of this set range from £35 to just above £50. I've been quite cheeky and have sprayed the perfume on myself on a couple of occasions. It has a lovely floral and a soft spicy scent with its composition of notes as follows:

Top: mandarin orange and pink pepper
      Middle (heart): geranium, peach and lilac
      Base: patchouli and amber

Of these, the most prominent notes are the lilac (middle), pink pepper (top) and peach (middle), with the least noticeable notes being mandarin orange (top) and geranium (middle). It's a very feminine and fresh fragrance which I think it's quite perfect to wear year round, it doesn't have the artificiality of a lot of perfumes and isn't overbearing. With regards to the sillage and longevity: I think they're great. It has a tendency to 'burst' as you move around a room and you can still smell the scent after a night out. A little goes a long way with this perfume so it lasts for a long time even if you're an every day user. The bottle is relatively compact and looks good on the dressing table - whilst I've found some Gucci packaging tacky it's not been the case with this.

• The Range / DIY Store / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      23.05.2015 11:13

Advantages

• NONE

Disadvantages

• "ONLINE SHOPPING"

DO NOT BUY ONLINE

Under no circumstances should you ever order aything online from the Range. The despatch waiting time quoted is 7 -14 working days, which is a joke anyway. However after 18 working days they still couldn't tell me when they would be despatched. In the end I had to cancel and make two 40m mile round trips (yes 80 'bloody' miles) to buy them again.
      You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      And to cap it all I receive two emails asking me to review something I had not received.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      23.05.2015 10:54

Advantages

• powerful
      • fast

Disadvantages

I would write more but I'm a little damp

Awesome service as always from PCS, ordered and delivered within 10 days.

23.05.2015 09:57

Advantages

• "Easily portable"
      • "Great features"
      • "Value for money"

Disadvantages

• Sustain
      • Complicated

Microkorg... A good product but a few downfalls!

Well... The microkorg. I used to own this synth a few years ago hen I was playing in a band, now I must be honest, the synth itself is brilliant but there is areas it falls down in. First of all let's focus on the good points...

The synth offers a wide range of sounds, samples and effects that can be modulated and manipulated to do what ever you need them to do. This is great for any DJ, pop artist or even rock bands. The synth is only 2-3 octaves and therefore is easy to transport and you need nothing more than a shoulder bag to carry it. It's easily connected upto any PA or amp itv the use of a single 1/4 inch jack-jack.

I have however noticed some bad points...

When I first took the synth out of the box and got it hooked up, it was very complicated to select sounds that I liked to work on and/or store a bank of sounds I'd created. Aswell as this the sustain button on the synth isn't sustain at all. With sustain you expect a nice ring out while the key fades out. However, on the microkorg this is not the case the note will just keep on going for minutes... Possibly hours but I never got that far. This was frustrating as all my melodies came out in stacatto.

I don't want to put anyone off this product but if you're buying just for fun I would steer clear. A good product but a few downfalls.

23.05.2015 09:26

Advantages

• "Tasty and filling"

Slim with chocolate

I have used Slim Fast for many years as it is widely available and is a trusted well known brand and you can also get it for a good price if you look round for where it is on offer. I bought this chocolate flavoured one from Boots half price for £2.97 which is half the recommended price but you will find it on offer at a lot of places as diets are very popular at this time of year.

The powder is contained in a round tin along with a plastic scoop so you know you have the right measurement and there is enough powder to make twelve drinks. You simply pour 250ml of skimmed milk into a glass or a shaker and add the powder and then stir or shake until the powder has completely dissolved. I will usually use a glass but making sure it is large enough to give it a good mix without it spilling or splashing over the sides.

Slim Fast recommend that you have a shake for two meals ideally breakfast and lunch and then have a calorie controlled meal in the evening. Personally I find that it is too much to replace two meals as I just feel too hungry so I will have a bowl of cereal for breakfast with maybe a yoghurt and then have the shake for lunch, and then a normal meal for dinner, but obviously being a bit careful what I choose.

I love the taste of chocolate and I wasn't disappointed with the taste of this as it is really quite a rich and creamy taste. It is also quite thick without being gloopy and tastes smooth and quite rich even though it is only made with skimmed milk. It contains most vitamins which you need for a healthy diet and also calcium, copper, iron and zinc and a complete drink is only 230 calories.

It think Slim Fast is great to be used as a short term dieting aid and is easy to make and drink. I will continue to use these shakes especially if I can still get them while they are on offer as I have got some lovely jeans I am aiming to fit in again soon!

23.05.2015 09:23

Advantages

• "Pleasant taste"
      • "Instant relief"

Cool relief from heartburn

I bought this Gaviscon original liquid as I do suffer with heartburn and indigestion so I like to make sure that I always have a bottle of this in and I had ran out completely so I bought this along with my weekly shopping from Tesco and paid £4.50 for 300ml. You can also get it in a larger 600ml size bottle which is around £7.20 but for both sizes if you look out for chemists or supermarkets which have special offers on this sort of product you may get it cheaper than this.

Gaviscon is made to bring fast and soothing long lasting pain and relief from the discomfort of heartburn and acid indigestion. It can also be used to treat gastric reflux and flatulence which is good to know! It is recommended that adults and children over 12 years of age take two to four 5ml spoons ideally after eating and again at bedtime, and children between the ages of 6 and 12 take one to two spoonfuls.

It does not have a child proof lock so you need to be careful where you store it, especially as the liquid is a bright pink colour which could be appealing to a young child. It is quite gloopy in consistency and it does not drip off the spoon easily if you are using a spoon to take however I will usually just drink it out of the bottle and will have one or two swigs according to how severe my symptom are.

I am sure that everyone reacts differently to medicine but this does work very quickly for me and I can feel a difference after just a few minutes. The hot burning sensation started to fade and the pain which I get down my tubes subsided quickly. If I feel that I need some more I will sometimes take another swig but more often than not I only have to use it once.

You can get other similar medicines which are cheaper but I am happy to stick to Gaviscon. At the end of the day I want something that I know will work quickly and effectively and this does for me. I don't really have a preference for which flavour I like best having tried them all now, but will just buy the one which is the best value at the time.

• Sainsbury's A1962 Hand Mixer / Mixer / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      23.05.2015 08:57

Advantages

• works

Disadvantages

• "struggles with heavier mixes"

In a fix - have a mix

I have had this hand held mixer for a number of years and before I bought my large Kenwood it got very regular use to make my cakes and to start my bread mixes. When I bought it it was around the £20 mark from my local Sainsbury's but this was a few years ago now.

The first time I used this there was a slight hot plastic smell but this is normal for new appliances and it soon disappeared and after a couple of uses it stopped all together. It has to be said that if used for more than a few minutes at a time it does become slightly warm. Whilst I wouldn't advise using it for long continuous periods most day to day uses shouldn't cause it many, if any, problems.

The machine is fairly light and comes with two 'beater' type attachments along with dough hooks. The 200 w power is high enough to cope with many day to day uses although I did find that it struggled slightly with heavier cake batters. The five speed mechanism is good and I would advise that you start with it on the lowest setting them increase it as you go to ensure a good mix and to prevent sending clouds of flour everywhere. There is a boost button which allows you to increase the speed of the beaters for a short burst without adjusting the main speed setting. I find this useful for getting rid of any lumps in my mixtures.

The beaters/dough hooks are easy to fit and pressing the speed control releases them easily. The machine does not feel flimsy as some hand mixers can despite the outer body being made of plastic and it is not overly heave and the handle is a good size. The flat back make it easy to stand up without the beaters touching the worktop which is also good. The flex is also a good length so this makes it easier to use as well.

Since buying my big Kenwood this hand held mixer has become my go to for things like making butter cream or mixing smaller quantities of things where using my main mixer is a bit of an over kill. The beaters and dough hooks are stainless steel and are easily cleaned in hot soapy water and the body is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth.

• Samsung BD-P4600 / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      23.05.2015 02:40

Advantages

• "streams media off connected PC"
      • "1GB onboard memory"
      • "onboard decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio"
      • "Profile 2.0 compatible"
      • "superfast operational speed and disc loading"
      • "Netflix and Pandora streaming"
      • "Wi-Fi USB dongle included"
      • "excellent image quality on Blu-ray movies"
      • "Unique design; can be wall-mounted"

Disadvantages

• "PC streaming setup is difficult"
      • "compartment for connectivity is cramped"
      • "unusual design won't fit all decors"
      • "Costs more than a PS3"

Good Product

Samsung's BD-P4600 Blu-ray player is packed with features and its unique design makes it wall-mountable, but most buyers will be better off with the step-down BD-P3600

• Acer Aspire Switch 10 / Laptop / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.05.2015 02:12

Advantages

• " and it has a decent keyboard and touchpad for such a small body"
      • "The Acer Aspire Switch 10 has a hybrid mechanism that actually works"

Disadvantages

• " and the default 32GB SSD will be too small for many"
      • "Performance feels sluggish for all-day use"
      • " The component-filled top half makes the system top heavy and prone to tipping over backwards"

Great Product

The Acer Aspire Switch 10 is a budget hybrid that skips the more-common fold-back or button-clasp hinges and instead attaches its screen via a magnetic connection. It shares the same hardware limitations as other small hybrids, but can be easier to use

23.05.2015 02:06

Advantages

• "Printing was fast with the new airport cards"
      • "Print quality was good"
      • "cool blue light on front that I think indicates the wireless is oncool blue light on front that I think indicates the wireless is on"

Disadvantages

good product

The design of the 2710 is just stunning, with a smaller footprint than the 2550 I got for free with my last computer purchase. It has a cool blue light on front that I think indicates the wireless is on. At any rate it is one cool looking machine. Print quality was good out of the box, though set to a much lower inking level than is possible. I just left it there. The printer found the network and all my computers without a hitch. Printing was fast with the new airport cards. Just like it was plugged in to the computer. I think they say 20 color/30 bw.

23.05.2015 01:55

Advantages

• "A little goes a long way"
      • "Feels good"

Disadvantages

A very good purchase for blondes

I am a recent convert to the brand Creightons.
      Recently I have tried several of their products and I have been very impressed with everything that I have tried so far.
      Creightons sunshine blonde shampoo is certainly no exception and once again I feel that I have found a bargain with this brand.

I bought this product in one of the bargain stores and it cost me 89 pence. I think that is an amazing price for a product as good as this. Usually I will pay one pound for this type and size of shampoo or conditioner. I the shop I was wavering between buying an Argan Oil shampoo or this. The Argan oil was slightly more expensive but I was going to choose it as I had used it before and knew that it was an okay product but then I realised that my other would be purchase was by Creightons and I remembered that I had been impressed with this brand. I thought that I would give this shampoo a try as well.

Well, I am glad that I did as it didn't let me down.

The shampoo is in a plastic tube so it's light and ideal to travel with. I would say that it's nicely packaged really.

This shampoo really does go a long way. I was surprised at how little was needed to obtain a good lather.
      I thought that this shampoo felt as good as many of the more expensive brands of shampoo that are on the market.

The shampoo cleansed my hair well and I liked the scent of it too.

After a few shampoos of Creighton's sunshine blonde shampoo I thought that my light hair did look lighter and it felt shiny.

I will continue using this very good value shampoo.

23.05.2015 01:05

Advantages

• " including FireFox for HP Virtual Solutions."
      • " and HP business software"
      • " vPro"
      • "3-year warranty. TPM"
      • "Easy serviceability. Back port cover. "
      • "Attractive all-in-one form factor. "

Disadvantages

• "Integrated graphics."
      • " etc.)."
      • " anti-malware"
      • "Only 60-day McAfee Total Protection (Antivirus"

Good Product

The HP Compaq 6000 Pro is an all-in-one business PC with enterprise-class features coupled with great performance in an attractive package.

• Sharp LC40LE240EX / LCD TV / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      23.05.2015 01:03

Advantages

• "Built in freeview"
      • "HD ready"

Disadvantages

A reliable television set

My husband and I decided to buy a new television for our grown up son’s bedroom. This was a spur of the moment decision as we were in a Sainsbury’s superstore and spotted this television which was on offer at the time.

This purchase was made about two years ago.

We were being generous but the idea was that our son always wants to watch sport and sometimes sports TV clashes with other programmes that others want to watch on our family television which is located in our living room.

We thought that if we bought a television for our son’s room then it would also give my husband another option for viewing TV on a large screen.

I can’t remember how much we paid for this television but I do remember that at the time we thought that the offer was a good one.

I would say that this TV has been a good purchase and my son is certainly pleased with it.

It can be fitted onto a wall bracket but my son prefers to keep it on TV unit.

The Sharp LC40EX is a slim line LED TV.

It has a 40 inch (102cm) screen.

One thing that made us decide on this set (apart from the reduced price) was the fact that it has a built in freeview tuner.

And it is a nice looking slim line television set.

The Sharp LC40LE240EX is also HD ready.

Before buying we checked for connectivity to other devices and found that this television set has two HDMI inputs.

The picture quality is good so this means that it’s a good set for watching football and rugby matches.

I would say that the sound is good on this television.

23.05.2015 00:50

Advantages

Disadvantages

A deep, fruity fragrance.

"Hugo deep Red is for women who revel in the night, she feels free to express her passion and sensuality."

I bought this perfume for my aunt as a birthday present as she is a fan of Hugo Boss, from Boots - it was £55.50 for 90ml and I managed to get this when it was on offer at 25% off (got to love savings). It is a fruity and floral fragrance created by Alain Astori and Beatrice Piquet in 2001. The composition of its notes is as follows:

Top notes: clementine, blackcurrant, blood orange and pear
      Middle (heart) notes: tuberose, freesia, hibiscus and ginger
      Base notes: sandalwood, California cedar, musk and vanilla

Of these I found that the most prominent notes were that of the vanilla (base), blood orange (top), black currant (top) and ginger (middle). The least noticeable notes were pear (top), California cedar (base) and freesia (middle). From what my mother told me, apparently this scent was extremely popular around ten-ish years ago but it isn't considered a 'classic'. It's definitely a strong and sexy perfume when first applied - and could thus be more suited to younger women - but the sillage and longevity ranged from moderate to poor. When my aunt first sprayed this you could smell it clearly, but after a couple of hours the scent seemed to disappear. It also doesn't tend to linger much: I only picked it up when I was in moderate proximity with my aunt. The bottle, whilst a lovely deep red colour, is a little outdated now and looks a bit cheap.

23.05.2015 00:47

Advantages

• "Quality product"
      • "Handy pouch"
      • "Covers all the basics"
      • "Travel friendly"

Disadvantages

• "Nasal aspirator a little pointless"

Travel Friendly, Quality Healthcare Kit

I purchased the Tommee Tippee 'Closer to Nature' healthcare grooming set when pregnant with my first child five years ago. Most pieces are still being used today with my youngest which shows how durable and long lasting the items are.

Retailing at around £16.99 (although usually found on offer at around the £10 mark), the set comprises of; comb, brush, nail clippers and scissors, toothbrush, nail file, thermometer and nasal aspirator. The items all come in a handy little pouch making it perfect for travel or to simply pop into a changing bag.

It is a perfect purchase for first-time parents as its often confusing to know what a baby will need in the first few months. This does help with the essentials, although we never got the point of the nasal aspirator but have used everything else.

We have found most of the items to be good and would actually really recommend the thermometer which is still going strong (no new battery has been needed) and seems to accurately measure temperatures. It is a little slow to calculate which can be stressful when you have a poorly baby to keep still whilst you check the temperature, but for the price you can't really complain.

All items are of the same high quality that you would expect from Tommeee Tippee. We have been really pleased with the set and would recommend. A perfect gift idea!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown