02.10.2014 04:45

Advantages

• " "
      • " taught to the minds of adults"
      • " through Hesus. Seen by the etes of a child"
      • "Leading people to the true understanding of Heaven"

Disadvantages

The perfect book to.read together as a family or alone that reminds us of the

This book really struck my interest while I was shopping with my children one day. I was a little skeptical at first, because in this day and age, anyone will write a book about anything to make a buck. I threw it in the cart, figuring that I would give it a chance. When I got home, I started reading and could not put the book down! Everything that the child, Colton, claimed he saw, experienced, and the people he met, were all backed up Biblically or by his parents. This is a great book to realize that God can use anyone in any situation that they are going through in life to fulfill His Purpose. In this book, God used the experience of a child to teach the faith and Truth to adults, and to teach both Born-Again Followers of Jesus and those that are not that pick up this book that there is a place called Heaven and that the Savior, Jesus, that will wash our sins away if we ask him to, is there, waiting to greet us with love that we have never imagined. This book also reminds us of what the Bible says, that Jesus will be coming soon. We must remember to be ready. They also have the Heaven is for Real movie. Both the book and the movie are suitable for children and adults of all ages.

• Pulsar PS9008X1 / Watch / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.10.2014 02:11

Advantages

• "Two tone bracelet"
      • Elegant

Disadvantages

• "slightly thin"

Lovely watch from my lovely wife.

I got this watch on my second anniversary and I felt like a child again. Not only was it the first gift I got from my wife, but boy it was and still is elegant and stylish. It came in a small little box that said Pulsar by Seiko. Although I am not very watch savy, I had known for some time that Seiko was Japanese brand that had a very good reputation indeed. My uncle had gifted my father a Seiko he had bought when he was in Japan - and my father's watch still runs to this day after 20 some years.

I digress, though this watch isn't a Seiko, you can bet that it still has quality. The two tone gold-titanium round case is complimented by a similar two-tone clasp bracelet - one which I might add is a bit on the thin side. No matter though as a local store was able to remove two links in order for it to fight my wrist.

The watch is remarkably light as it is titanium and is a delight to wear. It goes well with almost any look from casual to full out formal wear - even if you are suited and booted up for a special occasion. And thats why I love it. The fact that I can wear this every day and everywhere I go makes this gift all the more special.

Perhaps I should mention that the dial is very readable as the gold tone stands out from the white face and there is a small number indicating the date. But that to me isn't as important as how premium the watch actually feels.

I have no doubt that this will serve me well, not least for the fact that I do remember to take it off during the night, but also because it is by Seiko. It is an excellent gift for your loved one.

• Dream DreamBox DM 7025 / Set Top Box / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.10.2014 01:41

Advantages

• "Many features"
      • Customizable

Disadvantages

• "Difficult setup"

Very difficult to setup for those who just want a box to plug and play.

The Dreambox is essentially as its name implies. I got this box without doing the research and it resulted in a huge headache for me. I wasn't aware that I had to setup various plugins in order to view channels. Luckily I was able to draw on information online. These boxes come with its own operating systems and the one it came with to begin with was out dated and rather hard to work with.

Once I had done enough reading I decided to flash (which is legal) the operating system with a newer one from their official website. After that I had to spend a good few hours to figure out how to install the plugin to view channels.

As I learned how to get the basic functionality figured out, I wanted to try my Sky viewing card to view subscribed channels. Unfortunately, it just didn't work like that, I had to also install additional plugins in order for the box to read the Sky viewing card.

Great, so now I wanted to record and use the box like I would a Sky+ box. That too required more tinkering around and using additional tools in order get this feature working. Considering that there was no hard drive that came inside this box, I had to use an external USB device - which proved even more of a pain to configure. It had to be formatted and mounted onto the box before it could be used. However it did pretty much behave like a Sky+ box in the recording, playback, pause and rewind functions.

The other major headache was getting the electronic programming guide; I could never get that to work even though I had read, read and read some more about it. I just lost my patience and decided to use guides from the net instead of the box.

Once you do manage to get the box working to your liking, you can essentially use it as a media center as you can stream video to and from this box - for example if you want to watch a movie in another room on your iPad or if you have a movie on the computer you want to watch on the TV. There are also some amazing plugins for youtube and suchlike that allows you to search and watch youtube videos. There is also additional things like user interface skins that alters the look and feel of channel navigation.

Video playback is a lot sharper and brighter than a Sky+ box and I think for those who are familiar with these sort of boxes, it probably is entry level, but to me it was a whole lot of work and sometimes frustration.

• Sony BDP-S1100B / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.10.2014 01:30

Advantages

• "User friendly"
      • "Budget friendly"

Disadvantages

• "Can't download more apps"
      • "No built in Wi-Fi adapter"

A good entertainment device especially if you are on a budget!

After getting Sony points because of spending from my Sony credit card I got a good option to buy this budgeted Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback and DVD player. It is very entertaining.

It has the LAN(100) Ethernet port for internet connectivity, an HDMI output and a digital coaxial audio output port (at the back of the device). There is a USB port located on the front of the device. On the top there is an on/off button, stop button, play button and an eject button.

Once you turn it on you will notice that the interface is quite user friendly (cross media bar). When you go from right to left you have options like Recommendations, Sony Entertainment Network, Network, Video, Audio, Photo and Setup. The video and picture quality is amazing.

You can customize the audio video settings. Under the photo option you can open up a slideshow of pictures and maneuver through the photos from the remote control. The Audio option brings up options like music from your plugged in USB or you can listen to the vTuner internet radio (this is one of my favorite options, I can listen to any radio channel for free!). In the video section you can either play a video from your plugged in device, Netflix, or you can play videos directly from YouTube which is another one of my favorite things about this Blu-ray player. When you go under network you can access apps from the Opera Store but you can’t download more apps. On the Sony Entertainment Network you have apps exclusive from Sony.

The remote is pretty well designed and user friendly it took me around 5 minutes to figure everything out. It is a little different from the regular TV remotes but overall you can manage to use it without anyone else’s help.

The only negative part about this device is that it has no built in Wi-Fi adapter you can only get internet through a wired Ethernet connection.

I have been using this for over a year now and it’s a great device to have especially if you are on a budget because you can get a lot of entertainment from one device.

02.10.2014 00:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

The best! As classy as its name and as sophisticated as its bottle!

This perfume is very near to my heart. It was the very first gift I got from my husband. We had just started dating and it was my first birthday (with him). I hadn’t even heard of it before receiving it. I can assure you it was the most pleasant surprise!

It comes perfectly held inside in a metal case. It is a glass bottle in the shape of a woman’s body and the bottle is delicately and securely placed inside the cover. The packaging makes it perfect for people who travel a lot. You don’t have to worry about the cap falling off or the perfuming giving your whole suitcase and your belongings a fragrance shower.
      The moment I sprayed it onto my wrist I instantly fell in love with it. It has a subtle rosy (rose scent is not over powering)and musky scent. The smell is as classy as its name. It has a very rich, voluptuous and sophisticated scent like its bottle.
      The best thing about this Eau de Parfum is exactly that its Eau de Parfum and because of its intensity it is very long lasting. The fragrance lingers on for days and days!
      Jean Paul Gautier Classique can be used on all occasions. It works better as an evening intimate perfume because it is strong but I enjoy wearing it in the day time too (applied lightly for long days). This is my favorite go to perfume for dinner parties and weddings.

This scent can make me smile every single time!

01.10.2014 23:07

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Makes Skin Smooth"
      • "Works Fast"

Disadvantages

• Oily
      • Greasy

This product may be greasy, but is 100% guaranteed effective.

I bought this lotion for my baby. We have tried different creams and lotions before including prescribed ones. Nothing helped. The skin was red, itchy and very dry. So when I bought Eucerin, I didn't expect miracles. But now I can't praise it enough. It started working the next day literally. The lotion removed redness and made the skin soft and supple. I would highly recommend it! Also for me, I've tried many creams before but they didn't work as my skin would still feel rough after a few hours. I started using this after reading positive reviews about it as I have a skin condition where my skin feels bumpy. The cream is thick and a bit greasy when applied to the skin but it gives exceptional results overnight. I apply this before I go to bed and wake up with super soft skin! The bumps on my arms and legs feel much smoother when I use this. It is definitely recommended to people who have very dry skin. Unfortunately, keep in mind this stuff is very greasy. That is a small price to pay for a fantastic value. Greasy just means it is super effective. This was absolutely best case scenario for me and I hope it will be for others who try it too. Okay so the product was not so easy to rub in, its a thick gel like but looks like a normal cream. It also left my belly sticky and my hands...so don't wear your fancy clothes or wait until it fully absorbs into your skin before getting your work clothes and wash your hands afterwards. It has like a citrus herb medicinal smell- basically it doesnt stink. It has only been 3 days so I dont know if I'm jumping the gun but I was truly surprised to see results and results that fast. It has been a great booster to the ego, OH I still have stretch marks but thats ok because this cream is not for stretch marks so dont confuse the two. I have not tried it on my legs or arms, I may but I ran track for years so thats not my area of concern. So if you're a mom with a "brain belly" splurge on this and get it!!!

• Hama AS-93 / PC Speaker / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      01.10.2014 22:29

Advantages

• "nice price"
      • "good sound"
      • Small/compact

Disadvantages

• none

Small speaker with the guts of rave speakers.... almost

I've used a fair selection of speakers during my music loving days, using massive one through my teens, average ones through my twenties and slightly smaller ones when I hit my thirties. These days, now I'm in my forties I tend to listen to my music through smaller speakers, especially on certain laptops of MP3/4 players where the built in speakers are about as loud as a gnats fart in a hurricane.
      And this on one of those smaller types of speakers that I have in one of the rooms ready to be plugged into what ever music player that goes into the room.

There are two speakers, giving stereo music, with these speakers looking almost identical, only one has the control button and dial on it. Those controls being the volume, on/off and 'DX bass', which is the bass on or off.
      To swtich on you just press the on/off button, then turn the volume dial up to what ever level you want. Then, if you want a bit of bass, you press the DX bass button... and that's all you have to do in order the enjoy these.
      They stand nicely on a table, or desk, with the base of them being wider that the tops so that there is no chance of them toppling over.

Both speakers are standing tall, OK maybe not tall tall, maybe more 130mm tall, 85mm deep and 80mm wide, offering 5w per speaker. You do have to install four AA batteries into the one with the controls so that you get the full power and performance from these. But once powered up and plugged into the music players 3.5mm port these speakers give out a nice clear sound, with no distortion at all really. (Although this depends on the track that's being played).
      They are nice and small, or compact, which means that they fit almost anywhere, even able to be attached to the wall so that they're out of the way.

The price of this pair of speakers is a mere £20 or less in some places. They are well worth the money for the sound you get and are a must for those that have a nice laptop with dodgy built in speakers, there are many laptops out there in that category as we all know.

01.10.2014 21:38

Advantages

• "Good price"
      • "Long lasting"

Disadvantages

• "Manual model"

A good value microwave

This particular microwave is part of the Cookworks range which is available from Argos, both in store and online. I have just had a quick look online and this seems to retail for around £25, I must say though, this does look like quite an old model so may have been updated recently.
      The microwave

This microwave is white with a black slightly mirrored front panel, this panel does seem to attract finger prints and because of the amount of use this microwave gets, it does seem to look a little grubby at times. To the front there are several buttons and a couple of large dials which operate the different temperatures and times.

I would say that the microwave is a standard size, measuring approximately 26cm (h) x 43cm (w) x 33cm (d) and has a 17litre capacity.
      In use

I would say that the microwave is really easy to use, simply by turning the two dials the front and then pressing go. The top dial operates the temperature which range from defrost up to 700w, as this is at work, the dial tends to stay at the 700w point. The dial below is for the duration, as I mentioned earlier, this is a manual microwave so although the dial does have markings around the side, you could select what you think was three minutes and actually is would be just over or just under. The microwave starts up as soon as you turn the timer past zero. When the microwave has finished, there is a loud ‘ping’ to alert you.

Despite the door sometimes looking a little on the grubby side, the rest of the microwave looks surprisingly good for its age, inside all the paintwork is still intact (I have come across microwaves in the past where this has started to peel away) and all the markings around the dials to the front are still in place and haven’t started to wear away.
      Overall

This microwave is at least 5 years old and still going strong which I think is excellent considering how much it gets used, normally at 12.30 there is a queue of around 3 or 4 people wanting to use it.

For me, I prefer microwaves where you can be more specific with the timings but I would definitely recommend this, especially considering the price and how much it gets used. I would give this 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

01.10.2014 21:38

Advantages

• "Comes within sets"
      • Cheap
      • " unusual smell"
      • Lovely

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't last long"

Nice scent, but doesn't last long enough.

The first time I used this perfume it was a gift to me from a family member. I'd tended to avoid perfumes from shops like next, as I always thought that they might not be much good due to being relatively cheap. So I was quite surprised when I tried this and actually quite liked it!

The smell is quite floral, and at first is quite strong. But I do think it is quite unique in how it smells. Then a kind of fruity scent comes through and I think I actually prefer this after the initial "blast" of floral has worn a little.

However, one huge problem is that the scent doesn't seem to last very long! Literally, an hour at most. I know that this is quite a keep perfumes, so is to be expected, but you would think that my perfume would still be intact by the time I got to work! So although the scent is lovely, it really doesn't last very long.

The packaging is really quite girly. It comes in a pink box with gold lettering and the bottle is again, pink, and cube shaped. The lid is gold, with a little pink ribbon. There was also a ribbon on the box when I bought (i think it was from the box anyway!) which I have now adding to my crafting supplies! :)

The price is reasonable, but as mentioned above, the scent really doesn't last long to justify how cheap it is. My bottle was about £6.25 from the Duty Free at Manchester Airport, for a 30ml bottle! This was ok, but I wouldn't have been very happy to pay much more than this t o be honest.

Overall, this product does have a nice scent, but I don't feel that it lasts long enough to bother with to be honest. It does have a nice, summery scent, but I don't think I will buy this product again.

01.10.2014 20:50

Advantages

• "often on offer"
      • cheap
      • "smells fresh at the time of washing"
      • cleans

Disadvantages

• "doesn't leave hands as soft as other hand washes"
      • "leaves strange scent on hands"
      • "slightly drying"

A reasonably priced hand wash but definitely not the best.

THE PRODUCT: This antibacterial hand wash helps fight germs and combats stubborn odours. It’s specially formulated with natural extract of soothing aloe Vera to leave hands feeling fresh, clean and soft. This product is 100% soap free and is dermatologically tested. It’s also paraben free as well. The hand wash comes in a plastic pump dispenser bottle which is clear. You can clearly see the green coloured wash inside the packaging which I thought was quite good as you can easily see when you are running low on this product. On the front of the bottle it clearly says what it as and it also states that it kills bacteria and fights germs. The packaging to this product is very simple. The pump part of the bottle is a light green colour which almost matches the colour of the hand wash inside the bottle.

PRICE/AVAILABILITY: You can purchase this from Sainsbury’s stores and from the Sainsbury’s website for 90p which is for 1 250ml bottle of the product.

USING THE PRODUCT: To use the wash I simply held my hands under the tap for a second and then pressed down once on the pump. This released a decent amount of hand wash for both hands. The hand wash is a light green coloured liquid. It has a nice fresh, clean scent to it which I liked. I didn’t really get much of a lather from this product. Once I was satisfied I then rinsed my hands under the tap ensuring to rinse all of the product off before drying my hands. After drying my hands, I smelt them to see if the scent of the product could be smelt as I was surprised to find that there was a slight scent on my hands although it didn’t really smell like the fresh scent of the product I could smell earlier on. The hand wash did actually leave my hands feeling clean and a little soft, although not as soft as some hand washes.

OVERALL OPINION: I have to admit that I wasn’t expecting amazing things from this product being a Sainsbury’s own brand product but it wasn’t as bad as what I thought it might be. To start off with the packaging to the product is very simple and boring and I could think of some prettier and better looking hand washes to have in my bathroom. I liked the fresh scent of the product which gave a nice clean feeling. After rinsing my hands, I was surprised and impressed that my hands weren’t dry as I experience this with a lot of hand washes. There was a bit of a strange scent on my hands after using the product which I really dis-liked. Although this hand wash makes me hands feel nice and clean and they claim it kills germs and bacteria I personally wouldn’t purchase this and would go for a different brand instead. In general the product seems good value for money though.

• Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 / Web Design / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      01.10.2014 20:07

Advantages

• "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Bad code"

Good for beginners

I have been a Dreamweaver user since 2003 and although over the years I have shifted more towards hand coding everything, I still go back to Dreamweaver once in a while. I actually downloaded the trial version after having previously used Dreamweaver CS4.

It is essentially (from what my eye can tell) very much the same as the CS4 version although the user interface looks a little nicer.

In terms of usability, Dreamweaver is very straight forward as it is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) web designer. Essentially it is very much like any word processing software in that whatever you type or element you add is exactly how it would turn out (in web pages).

Things like tables, AP divs, links, lists etc all can be created from the context menus. There is support for styelsheets for the more savy designer who wants more control over how the content looks but for the basics such as formatting text and adding links is very straight forward.

There is a persistent menu at the bottom which allows you to edit these things. However the problem I find (especially after having hand coded many sites) is that elements add unneeded HTML which can cause page load times to decrease. For example a simple unordered list can result in strange HTML.

For example for a normal unordered list I would type in item 1itemetc... if I were to hand code, whereas Dreamweaver would output (by selecting what items I want in a list) item 1item 2etc... - and as you can see it is a lot more code than what could have been achieved with fewer tags.

However for the novice who is just starting to learn to create web pages, Dreamweaver has all capabilities of creating splendid pages. There is even templates for various layouts - such as 2 column, 3 column, fluid etc for almost any type of page/site you wish to create.

There is also inbuilt FTP although I find the functionality lacking comparing a full fledged FTP software.

01.10.2014 19:13

Advantages

• "so slim"

Disadvantages

• NONE

great and slim liner from bodyform

Its an extremely embarrassing difficulty and not one that many people talk about but I found that during pregnancy , i sneezed or coughed or laughed, a little bif of wee would escape when I did not want it to! Happily now I am not pregnant this doesn't occur but I understand for some folks this problem can sadly carry out. I did pelvic floor exercises like crazy to tighten up my muscles and these seem to have operated thank goodness but during pregnancy I needed seriously to wear panty liners so I could keep pleasant and dry once i suffered from this unlucky injuries.

I selected the Bodyform ones as I've used their interval pads and understand they are a great name in this area. These Bodyform Deo Fresh Liner So Slims are fragranced to get a more refreshing feeling.
      The linings are very thin as they're only designed not to soak up any period discharge and to keep you a bit fresh. As they are so small if you do have a little accident you may have to change the liner but it is fine to know you have that extra layer of protection then only have to change this small liner instead of your entire ensemble.
      The fantastic thing about them being so slender is the fact that you cannot even detect they're there do its not uncomfortable and very unobtrusive in any way. They're constructed of a cotton soft surface usually are not scratchy or irritable for your private areas which is not nasty.
      These therefore are a liner and were fantastic for me through pregnancy, I recommend it to you.
      A bunch of 32 prices GBP1.65 ,so they are quite affordable as well.

01.10.2014 19:13

Advantages

• "low cost"
      • " 7"
      • " Vista"
      • "compatible with all os like XP"
      • "Light version"

Disadvantages

Total PC Security Solution

everybody needs antivirus for there system. i have three system and i have to buy 3 antivirus for these systems but thanks to McAfee internet security who covers all my three system with a single plan and in just 18.99 for a year. now my computer is free from viruses malwares, trojan, corrupt files. also it is very light software so it did not affect on computer performance means no slow computer. also it blocks unwanted and suspicious links so i can use internet without any risk of malewares and viruses..
      Say bye bye to all viruses, malewares, trojan and stay connected with whole world.

01.10.2014 18:50

Advantages

• "my dog approves!"
      • "well padded"

Disadvantages

• "weak zip"

Aldi large dog bed

A few months ago I decided to buy my dog a new bed as his old one had become very worn. I had intended to buy the bed from pets at home but was not impressed with either the range on offer or the high prices! A friend suggested I take a look in Aldi and on her advice I found a good value dog bed for just under £15.

I have a setter so needed a large bed and this one fitted the bill. It is basically a large piece of memory foam with a zipped on cover. The outer cover is a suede type materiel with a waterproof backing. The cover can be removed for washing at 30 degrees. I have washed the cover a few times now in my washing machine and it washes well with no shrinkage. The zip is a little on the flimsy side and I suspect is a weak point of the bed.

The cover is a beige colour and so doesn't show the dirt! The bed is a decent size measuring 38 inches x 24 inches and fits into my dogs crate. It is well padded and keeps its shape. My dog is very fussy when it comes to his bed and he took to this bed very quickly, dragging it around when he fancies sleeping elsewhere! He really was not impressed when I last washed the bed trying to pull it down from the washing line!

Overall this is an excellent dog bed at a reasonable price.

• Samsung ML 2551N / Laser Printer / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.10.2014 18:35

Advantages

• "Network ready"
      • "Fast print"
      • "Works on Linux"

Disadvantages

• "Not wireless"
      • "No fax"
      • "No scanner"

Good printer for the price but there are better out there.

There are a range of printers available for Windows but what if your system is Linux? Not many printers have native Linux support and that can be a pain when you are looking for a printer for your next Ubuntu machine.

I have alongside my Windows 8 machine a Toshiba laptop running Ubuntu 14.04 and it just wouldn't work with my HP deskjet printer.

Many things are hard to install on Linux but this printer driver included was relatively simple - in fact very similar to installing on Windows. So it was very easy to setup.

The printer can be wired by USB serial or by LAN interface and if you want to use it on the network you want to use the LAN interface.

Be mindful of the fact that this is a duplex printer (can print on both sides of the sheet of paper) but it doesn't have scan or fax functionalities. It is simply a mono laser printer designed to produce decent quality prints (at around 1200 dots per inch) and at around 25 pages per minute.

I certainly found it to be fast for every day use - although it does require a second or two to warm up. But once it is in use it does produce fast prints. I haven't tested the exact number of pages per minute but I would guess it is definitely more than 15 ppm.

Also the included toner was very good and lasted many days of use. Further toners are cheap and I managed to replace it with one of those used (non Samsung) toner replacements which cost £27. The replacement toner is supposed to give 1000 pages but I found even when the toner is a bit low, you can get a few more pages out - although they look washed.

Definitely a good laser printer for the money and great support for those with Linux. However I forgot to mention it doesn't have wireless functionality so you have to be physically connected to the device in order to use it.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown