30.01.2015 23:53

Advantages

Disadvantages

Shut the back door!! And the front one while you're at it.

This product will always hold a special place in my heart as it was one of the first 'proper' perfumes I was brought when I was a teenager and I felt so grown up! Every time I spray it, it takes me back a few hundred years as that's how I feel in my early thirties!! since then.

TOP NOTES

BOTTOM NOTES
      OAKMOSS
      SANDALWOOD
      HONEY

Oh, be still my beating heart I love these notes, applied lightly this can last all day and it retains that fresh just applied scent.

This range is sophisticated and glamorous and opened not just the red door but all the other Elizabeth Arden doors as well although there is more competition now and a wider range of perfumes from this brand Red door will always remain close to my heart.

The scent is strong which is why it should be applied lightly, unlike the SUNFLOWER perfume this does not get caught in the back of your throat!One of my favorites notes are freesias and I was delighted to find it within this perfume and the scent not overpowered by other scents. Wild violet stands out a fair bit and is wonderful but it is rare to find in other perfumes I found and sometimes that a good thing, because people generally ask what the fragrance is as it stands out from others and quite unique.
      Although I'm happy to pay the cost of this, I now grab mine from Superdrug, of all places, because their prices are quite competitive but my the time I've written this some other online retailer may have beaten their price!

30.01.2015 23:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not for me:(

I can't believe I'm rating an Elizabeth Arden product with two hearts:(

This has been around for quite some time and my personal opinion is this is not one of their best.

TOP NOTES
      PEACH
      MELON
      BERGAMOT
      OSMANTHUS-[apricot/ peach scent]

MIDDLE NOTES
      JASMINE
      CYCLAMEN- Part of the primrose family]

BOTTOM NOTES
      SANDALWOOD
      MOSS

This is a very potent and strong scent that I just couldn't handle. It may be up some's street but it really felt like I could taste it at the back of my throat, not that I was using it as a breath freshener and I only spritz this once on my wrist, but it was that strong!

The notes that really dominated the fragrance for me was the MELON, CYCLAMEN AND SANDALWOOD.
      For me personally they all clashed and didn't develop over the course of the day.
      all the notes came out and hit out all at once. It was too much to take in.

The product said sunflowers and it was light, but that's not what I discovered.
      With supposedly fresh and light citrus scents throughout but this was quite heavy in the notes.
      This for me did not have that summer feel and I'm sorry to offend those who enjoy the product as I know its all about personal opinion but I would recommend before you buy trying to get free sample from your local department store or buy a cheap sample from EBAY, this is definitely a try before you buy fragrance.
      We paid £38 for a 50ml at the time x

30.01.2015 23:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

I spy with my little eye...

I am really into preparing my skin now for the future where aging is concerned.
      I get a decent sleep, lots of water and try to stay out of the sun as not to wince to much and add to possible crow's feet in the future, but mother nature in the UK seems to have that covered and we hardly get any! But, on the other hand, there are UV rays and daily pollutants that do also have an effect over time.
      So this beauty product has become a great defense that I have seen helped over time.

This is a very intensive treatment that although is good and strong for the eye area and the delicate skin, it also is gentle.
      The following points are marketed about this product and I will add my own comment at the end of each regarding whether I saw that occur or not. I used this for 6 months. I know that seems long some want instant results, but this is one of those products that develop over time I think when it becomes part of a regular routine.

VISIBILITY OF EYE CONTOUR
      I saw a difference in the definition of the eye area.

SUPPORTS COLLAGEN REDUCES FINE LINES.
      I absolutely saw a difference in the fine lines creeping in under my bottom lashes, they are no longer visibe!

SMOOTHES THE EYE SKIN
      The eye area I would say felt softer and more smooth, whether it looked it I'm not sure because the skin became tighter and I think that is a result.

GOOD FOR SENSTIVE SKIN
      My skin is sensitive and when I tend to add serum around the eye area, the skin between the eye and the cheek stings sometimes but this didn't in the slightest.

These are small capsules, they are not for eating! Twist the with ball on top of the pearl and release the oil/ serum. At first it looks as though it may not be enough, but there really is enough to sweep one pearl of oil over both eye areas.

This comes in the most gorgeous pearl/ gold/ pink packaging and is kept air tight.
      I paid £52 but prices can vary x

30.01.2015 22:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

A classy scent

This has not had a lot of hype surrounding it to my knowledge in terms of launches and high profile reviews but this is not one to be left on the shelf and forgotten, its is, just in my opinion stunning.

Okay, brace yourself for the list of scents they have blended together, but please don't be put off or think that they won't work it is subtle and enchanting.
      EXOTIC MANDARIN
      PATCHOULI CRIST
      AMBER WOOD
      SUEDE MUSK
      MADAGASCAR VANILLA

Apart from possibly five notes I was introduced to many new scents here.
      For me I found that the Madagascar vanilla stood out along with the Tuberose.
      Overall this is a very sensual scent, brilliant for the evening or nights out or maybe for business events. I certainly wouldn't say this is a fragrance you can slouch about in but when you get dressed up, this perfume adds that finishing touch, if you don't spray to much as it will become to potent and overwhelming. This is one of those fragrance's that remains after you've left a room and people wonder what scent you were wearing.

I adore this perfume and it's fast becoming a must have on my perfume shelf.

They currently do the shower cream to this and hopefully soon the body cream.
      I purchased mine for £48 but prices can vary and it's always best to check out the competition online for the best deals x

30.01.2015 22:34

Advantages

• "Pretty bottle"
      • "Long lasting"
      • "A nice fragrance"

Disadvantages

A nice scent in a pretty bottle!

My boyfriend has quite an extensive collection of fragrances in his collection which lives on top of the bathroom cabinet, but this is the one with the bottle which stands out the most, and to be honest it surprised me that it was in the collection. I think it was probably a gift though, and it's not one of his favourites by any means although I think it's very nice.

The bottle is so distinctive, and obviously Jean Paul Gaultier - and it originally came in a tin. Being Le Male fragrance, this one is shaped like a male torso. There are women's perfumes shaped like women. This is a very thin looking male with the generous package down below. The frosted glass is a lovely deep green colour with blue stripes on the top half.

The bottle has a nozzle to release the spray, and there is also a useful (or perhaps not so) safety catch that stops it from spraying. This did mean that I just managed to spray it in my face as I couldn't get it to spray, then I removed it and tried again, but this time spraying in my face. Excellent. Not to worry though, it does smell very nice.

We have a 75ml bottle which is currently on sale on Amazon for £28, so this is a neither cheap nor extremely expensive aftershave. Although I don't know anything about the notes of fragrances, Le Male has the following:
      Top notes: Mint, lavender, bergamot
      Middle notes: Cinnamon, cumin, orange blossom
      Base notes: Vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood, cedarwood

Personally I#d say it is a lovely fresh smelling fragrance, and I can definitely detect the mint if not much else that I can actually identify! My boyfriend doesn't need to put a lot of this on, and the smell lasts well.

4 out of 5 stars.

30.01.2015 22:29

Advantages

Disadvantages

Best lashes

These are honestly the best lashes I have found so far, they are great and last all night, full of thickness and look amazing

• The First Time (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.01.2015 22:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

great movie

Such a good movie, teens will love it. Definitely recommend

• Sky Movies Classics / TV Channel / 6 Readings / 6 Ratings
      30.01.2015 22:06

Advantages

• "130 Minutes PG13"
      • "Mathew McConaughey "
      • 345votes)
      • "Imdb.com – 7.5/10.0 (106"

Disadvantages

• "Bit long"

MUD - A movie on Sky

Who would have thought Mathew McConaughey would win an Oscar? Known as Mathew ‘Mahogany’ to some this guy really did play it safe for most of his career in romcoms and action hero roles. Let’s face it guys he was famous for his chest. He was one of those pretty boy actors always leaning on something on the DVD dust cover with his arms folded, be it a lamppost or a pretty girl, as phlegmatic as that career. You could see he was happy with that as long as he stayed famous and the money rolled in, famously caught by the cops for playing his bongos at midnight in the nude half-cut. Well, he didn’t need to learn the scripts in his down time. But the Texan started to lose his looks and impressive pecs and knew the game was up, unless he didn’t take on more serious roles. The Lincoln Lawyer and Killer Joe hinted at more depth and grit to the Texan and Mud sealed the deal for his Oscar winning turn in Dallas Buyers Club. His co-star here Reece Witherspoon is on a similar journey of romcom to not so cute and lets get seriously and likely to win The Oscar this year for Wild. These kids can act when they try.

===Plot===

14-year-old kids Ellis (Tye Sheridan) and Neckbone (Jacob Lofland) have the run of the local rivers and lakes in rural Arkansas for the summer holidays. They live on the river banks where dad (Sam Shepard) eeks a living and from selling fish and croc meet in a very traditional life being phased out by the authorities.

When the kids explore a new island they meet Mud (Matthew McConaughey), a hobo like character hiding out there for unknown reasons. He is a local river guy who has returned for the love of his childhood sweetheart Juniper (Reese Witherspoon) and has a plan to escape with her by rescuing and rebuilding an old boat lodged in a tree after a huge storm. For that he will need parts and the boys more than happy to oblige as the friendship builds, passing on a love letter or two for Juniper to see if she is still interested. Ellis also has a sweetheart, Marry Lee (Sarah Paulson), one year older than him but determined to win her heart. The boys have something in common.

But things get serious when the cops come looking for Mud for something he has done in another state and there are wanted leaflets everywhere. The boys know the risks but trust Mud and try to bring him and Juniper together when the times right. But other people are also looking for Mud and they have no time for unrequited love whining.

===Results===

As a coming-of-age, rights of passage movies go this is engaging filmmaking. With influences from Mark Twain and Huckleberry Finn in the rhythms of the river it has a nice understated folksy feel to it and fine performances by the cast, especially the young lads. It always amazes me just how good kids can be at acting, with the discipline and emotional chaos that requires. It has the nice ambience and look of the powerful kid’s movie Stand By Me and thankfully no squealing pigs and rednecks in the woods this time.

It’s too long at 130 minutes but it never feels like that, always the sign of your full attention and so a good movie. The narrative leads to a violent showdown but you’re never really sure of the main characters integrity and motivation until the end and so the suspense held another sign of a good movie. There are one or two clichés but McConaughey keeps you glued to the screen on his state of mind and motives. Love is the same emotion suffered by young and old and the film plays that off well between the main protagonists.

Its one of those movies you can easily enjoy whilst doing other things and just a nice well made piece of America atmospheric drama to enjoy and so four stars from me. For $10 million it looks great and deserved its $28.6 million back.

• Wahl 9855 800 / Beard & Hair Trimmer / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      30.01.2015 21:47

Advantages

• "Does the job really well"

Disadvantages

• "Organiser try is a bit pointless and flimsy."

Great upgrade.

This is a Lithium Ion powered Grooming Station which basically means it can be used to trim facial hair and short hair cuts.

There are ton of cheap hair and beard trimmers out there and we've usually always owned at least one set to trim my husband's and my son's hair. They've mostly been fine to start with but pretty quickly the batteries tend to fail and they just lack power. When our last set died I looked high and low for a better option and came across the lithium Ion range from Wahl.

According to the manufacturer Lithium Ion gives 2 x the torque and 3 x the run time than a typical Wahl trimmer. It also holds charge better so you can charge it and find it has held the charge next time you get it out to use it. It takes 1 hr to charge and will then run for 150 minutes.

It is a smaller trimmer than many we've had which makes them a bit easier to use and lighter.

It's also possible to do a 1 minute charge to get 5 minutes of usage which is handy if you need to tidy up but forgot to charge it.

It comes with 4 interchangeable cutting heads and 7 comb guides.

They call this a grooming station because it comes with a plastic tray into which you can arrange the arts. In practice this is the weak part of the kit as it is little more than a flimsy bit of plastic with shaped slots for each of the heads. Every other kit we've had has had a proper case for safe keeping so this seems somewhat less well organised than others. Not easy to travel with either so getting a case is a good idea if you go away and want to stay neat and tidy. The size of it makes it ideal for travel.

The kit is about £30 and is good value. it would be a great gift for someone as an upgrade to an older style of trimmer. It works really well.

• New Look Seamfree Leggings / Clothing / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      30.01.2015 21:42

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great quality leggings for a good price.

I bought these leggings for £6.99 from New Look - there are other leggings available on the market for much cheaper but I always tend to avoid these as I find they are typically fairly see through. These leggings are definitely worth the cost as they are a good quality but still relatively inexpensive so you can have multiple pairs. They have definitely become a staple in my wardrobe. They go really well with so many things. They look great just thrown on with a sweatshirt for a relaxed, comfortable day in the house or dressed up with a dress over the top and boots. Also because of the quality they are fairly thick so you don't have to worry too much about them being see through.
      As well as looking really nice, the leggings are really comfortable. They are made of a lovely stretchy material. Because of this I also like to wear them to my dance practice as they allow for full movement. The material is thick enough not to be see through but also not as thick as trousers so they allow for breathing. I would therefore warn that if you are wearing them in winter they aren't always the warmest choice of leg wear.
      I would definitely recommend this product. Leggings in general are a great staple to a woman's wardrobe as they are so versatile and comfortable. New Look's seam free leggings in particular are a lovely quality and are of a good price so you can buy as many as you need!

30.01.2015 21:37

Advantages

• Freebie!!!
      • "Nicely pampering to use"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't really do anything "

Not Bad, Not Wonderful Either

I received a small tube of REN Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream in a gift set that was being given away with a magazine last year, I'm currently making a big effort to use up all the lotions and potions in my bathroom so this has been my night cream of choice for the past week as I finally got round to using it.

It's a reasonably thick cream that applies nicely, it feels like a high quality skin cream which has the texture and consistency to be a good night cream. I wouldn't say it's particularly heavy but is certainly rich enough to lock the goodness into my skin overnight and I assume it moisturises well while I sleep based on the richness of it.

Despite how lovely it is to use (it absorbs quickly, doesn't make my skin greasy and all that), I don't really think it does all that much for my skin, if anything. My skin does feel lovely and soft when I wake up at the morning, but the same is true of many night creams I've used over the past few months - let alone this one with a huge £30 price tag.

I wouldn't class this as a revitalising night cream, my skin just doesn't feel different enough for me to say that. It doesn't refresh my skin in the slightest and actually makes my skin feel quite warm when I apply it which I assume is due to the rich consistency of the cream - it's nice enough and I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it out as a freebie. I won't buy it again simply because it didn't do enough for my skin based on the price tag, but would definitely recommend you try get hold of a sample tube as I did so you can try it out for yourself.

30.01.2015 21:29

Advantages

• "Stopped my allergic reaction."
      • "Strengthens tooth enamel."

Disadvantages

• Price.

Strengthens Tooth Enamel and Stopped My Allergic Re-action.

I had suffered from what I thought to be mouth ulcers for years.

Various GPs said in was a dental problem, and various dentists said it was a general health problem because I was “run down”. Whatever it was, a variety of ulcer treatments hadn’t significantly helped, so I just thought that I would have to live with it.

Then, when one dentist retired, he was replaced by a lot younger model. She asked me what toothpaste I used, and said that like most toothpastes, shampoos, shower gels and similar hygiene products, mine contained sodium laureth sulfate, a foaming agent that is now known to be a common cause of skin irritations. It is used because it is inexpensive, but those with symptoms like I had in my mouth should try a toothpaste brand without it, to see if it helped.

She suggested that a try one of the few that doesn’t contain anything like that ingredient. She was also concerned that too harsh toothpastes in the past, as well as acidic food, had helped to cause enamel erosion.

Therefore, I took her advice and tried Sensodyne Pronamel. Within a week the mouth irritation had greatly improved, and within 2 weeks was completely gone.

As well as helping people like me who have sensitivity to some foaming agents used in many toothpastes, Pronamel also helps protect teeth from the effects of acid wear by strengthening the outer protective tooth enamel that you have left.

I have tried two varieties of Sensodyne Pronamel. Daily Protection contains mint essence, and Extra Freshness has a stronger "fresh mint" taste. Although there is a subtle difference in flavour, I have no strong preference for either, so buy whichever one is on special offer.

PRICE

Full price seems to be around £4.50 for a 75 ml tube. The best deal I have found so far is 2 for £5 at Superdrug. Sadly this offer is no longer available, but I stocked up at the time.

Sensodyne Pronamel is comparatively expensive, but if you have a special reason for needing this type of toothpaste, it is certainly cheaper to treat the cause than buy a variety of other treatments that, with hindsight, only treated the symptoms of my problem.

RECOMMENDATION

Try this toothpaste if you are concerned about keeping the protective enamel on the outside of your teeth strong. This is its main marketing claim.

It is also good for people like me whose mouths are sensitive to the foaming agents that are present in a lot of less expensive toothpastes.

• UltraSun UltraLip / Sun Care / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      30.01.2015 21:14

Advantages

• "One of my favourite Lip balms"

Disadvantages

• "Can be expensive."

Very effective lipbalm.

Ultrasun Ultralip is a sun screen lip balm with an SPF of 15 or 30.

It comes in a 15ml white plastic twist up tube with a slip over lid.

It is fragrance free but it has a slight but pleasant smell from the ingredients.

The texture of this lip balm is absolutely fantastic. I originally bought it for it's sun screen abilities but it has such lovely moisturising properties and lasts so well I kept buying it for general use.

Ultrasun Ultralip SPF30 contains: C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexl Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ehtylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ozokerite, Parafiin, Bis-Ehtylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Peg-8 Beeswax, Cera Alba, Cocoglycerides, Cyclopentasiloxane, Candelilla Cera, Ceresin, Dipropylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane,Ribes Nigrum Seed Oil, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, Lecithin, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii Extract, Aroma, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Clyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid.

It's suitable for vegetarians and vegans and all skin types.

The simple packaging that is easy to over look on the shelf as it looks more practical than attractive, hides a really wonderful product.

It can be used under make up lasts really well. I think it's a great balm if you do sports or outdoor activities as you want the sunscreen and the balm holds up against the weather.

It's not the easiest lip balm to get hold of, Waitrose seem to stock it, otherwise it's available online pretty easily.

The price varies a lot but it generally costs £3 to £6 a tube. QVC often run offers on the Ultrasun range so it can be good to keep an eye out for when they are running promotions.

30.01.2015 20:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great value, great quality snacks.

My local ASDA always seem to place these muffins right at the entrance to the store. I unashamedly fall for the bait almost every time I shop there! They are such brilliant value at £1 for a pack of four muffins. The muffins are a nice size too - fairly large but not so big you can't finish one. Other leading supermarkets do offer the the same price deal on muffins and I have found most to be of a similar quality.
      The double chocolate chip muffin variety is one of my favourites. My main problem I typically have with muffins is that they can often taste a little dry. I have not yet had this problem with these muffins, although I do have to admit that they don't tend to last very long in our house! I therefore can't really vouch for how long they last before going really dry but if you eat them within 24 hours they are lovely and moist! The chocolate chips are nice and thick and taste like they are made of really good quality chocolate which I was pleasantly surprised at considering the low price.
      I would definitely recommend these muffins to any fellow chocolate lovers. Many of my friends and family have enjoyed them when they have visited me and they are in the house. They are such a brilliant price they are worth trialing. Although, be warned! You may get as hooked as I have become so prepare to add an extra £1 to your weekly grocery shop!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.01.2015 20:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

Very highly recommended for a custom built PC.

Very pleased with the whole experience overall. Easy to use website allowing extensive customisation, and I could not find a comparable specification for the same price. It was also simple to track the progress of the order and communication superb too. Delivery was prompt and easy to track, and the information supplied with the PC very helpful.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown