• Peppa Pig Headphones / Headphones / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.07.2014 22:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

Didn't fit, disappointed

Backstory: I bought these headphones for a young girl who is very fon of peppa pig. Being young, she had little knowledge and didn't care much about sound quality so I thought these would be a nice little gift .

I bought these after a long search for headphones that are not too large for a child's head and I believed the product description which makes a point of saying they are designed for small heads. However they basically seem to be just adult sized headphones and are too large for my 6 year old's normal sized head. They actually fit me at their smallest size, there is about a 2cm gap between the top of my daughter's head and the band (I'll try to upload a photo of her wearing them). I gave them one star because I am now looking at my daughter listening to music whilst holding them so they don't fall off, they are not child sized headphones, and at their largest they would probably fit a horse. I realise they were cheap so I can't really deduct any more stars for their quality which is really poor (both build and sound quality) but its worth a mention.

I have been disappointed with these headphones being the techie that I am, but also because they don't fit a child, the demographic they were designed for! I certainly won't be wearing them because they don't fit her either! I didn't expect much, and I also didn't get much.

• Scholl Express Pedi / Leg & Foot Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.07.2014 21:58

Advantages

• "Battery operated"
      • "No pain"
      • "Smooth feet"

Disadvantages

• "not as good as a manual foot file"

Just a lazy tool!

I was so exited when I had seen the advert for this product - I thought what a brilliant idea! A pedicure within minutes a way to save time and effort. When I Recieved the item I was thrilled and have a go straight away, I watched videos on youtube to find out how people used them. A bit self explanatory really but never mind. The item comes as a small handle with a space at the top to click in the roller and batteries to operate. My first thought about this - very bulky! It's quite fiddly to use especially trying to use it in different angles. I found it quite heavy after a while. So after a few mintues of filing I still felt it wasn't enough and I kept going, it was painless but it got boring after a whole it seemed like it was taking forever! I look after my feet and have them in good nick so I defiantly thought it took longer than it should have. I plowed on until my feet felt smooth .. They were great. A few days later whilst washing my feet I noticed they felt quite rough so I found myself going through the same process off using it again. After a few weeks I decided to try a normally foot file and I honestly couldn't believe the difference in my feet - always stick to a hand foot file!! Wish I hadn't wasted £30 but it was worth a try!

28.07.2014 20:52

Advantages

• "Don't feel sticky"
      • "Kind to my skin"
      • "They remove make up well"

Disadvantages

• "None really "

NIce wipes and a nice clean face

I use all types of wet cleansing wipes for taking my make up off at the end of the day. I usually buy Johnson's wipes but I love to use Olay Essentials Wet Cleansing Wipes and they are currently on offer in Tescos - buy one and get the other half price. I have picked up, naturally, as I sue these every day and so i get through quite a lot of them.

The reason I like them so much is that they really do remove all traces of my make up - even waterproof mascara. They are nicely fragranced, kind to my skin and they do not make my skin feel sticky or tacky when I have used them, as some other cheaper brands can do.

They stay nice and moist right to the end of the pack and they are large and fairly robust so I can give my face a good scrub and I know they are not going to fall apart.

Overall, wd recommend them as they are a brand that I definitely trust and they are well worth a try if you haven't used this brand before.

28.07.2014 20:46

Advantages

• "Mixes Well"
      • "Tastes Good"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

USN is smooth and tasty but are you making the most out of your money?

USN is a popular brand in the world of supplements. There are 3 main types of whey protein: concentrate, isolate and hydrolised. These three become purer with higher protein counts and so more expensive respectively. 100% Whey is usually a mixture of concentrate and isolate in the world of supplements and USN's is no different. The protein comes in a number of flavours such as chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. This review is of the strawberry variety.

Taste

Whey isolates generally are not as sweet as concentrates however the higher percentage of concentrate within this protein allows the sweetness of the strawberry to come out yet not be overpowering. I find that sometimes the priority should be function over taste, however its always nice to have a decent tasting shake.

Mixing

This powder from USN is very fine and so far has mixed very well with 250+ ml of either water of milk. Not only does it leave no lumps or froth I have also found that it creates a decent texture when used with water as well as milk. This means it doesn't taste like a dodgy squash when used with the water, which is a bonus for those who don't want the calories from milk but want to keep the milkshake feel.

Size/Price

The reviewed protein is the 908g variety and provides between 26/27 servings of 34g. Prices online vary from over £35 on their own website to around £24 on other websites. Similar 100% proteins can be found for around the same £24 price online so the price isn't outrageous. However, there are cheaper websites with similar products which may be worth investing in for the cost conscious. In my opinion there are better proteins out there for the price, even in terms of choosing a complete isolate instead of 100% whey which is purer and can be found at similar prices.

Effectiveness

As with all proteins the effectiveness is based on other factors such as exercise and diet. Used in conjunction with both of these protein shakes such as this one from USN can provide the extra protein needed for athletes and lifters. They are a cheaper alternative to buying meats such as beef or chicken not to mention they are a lot quicker and more versatile to have on the go immediately post workout or any other time supplementing your diet is needed.

Overall

Don't get me wrong this is a decent product, it effective, tastes and mixes well and the solid tub, for me, is much more preferable to pouches that other companies use. My only qualm is the price, I feel you are paying higher odds for the USN branding and use of phrases such as 100% whey etc when in reality there are better proteins out there for similar prices or similar protein for lower cost. On the flip side there are worse proteins out there for similar or more money, so its quite middle of the road unless you look thoroughly at the market.

Please also note these can often be found in sales on the USN website, recently they were 2 for £24.99! which is a great price and would make it one of the best proteins of the market at such a price!

28.07.2014 20:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Works but not for my sensitive skin

I got this for my mum who has a lot of different health issues. I made a point not to tell her what I thought it might help with and asked her to let me know if she noticed any improvements (I have also been using it occasionally when my pain has been intense).

She has reported some improvement in her back pain and also less problems with acid reflux. I wasn't sure whether she would continue to use it, but it looks like she is convinced it is helping her.
      I also use the ordinary 'day' version and both my mum and I did experience a rash on one occasion. My rash was very itchy and burned. I avoided reapplying on the same area for a week or so and haven't had any serious reaction since - although I do occasionally get some discomfort and I don't have particularly sensitive skin. To anyone who does get a rash, I would say you should just reduce the dose and avoid the area for a while, but your tolerance should improve with use.

Overall I have found this product work and is useful. Despite the rash, I would recommend this product to a friend (I have very sensitive skin). This has helped take away my aches and pains and is also reasonably affordable but I would like it if the bottle was bigger. The smell is faint and not overpowering, so this can be applied throughout the day without fear of people thinking you stink.

28.07.2014 20:42

Advantages

• speed
      • quality
      • colours

Disadvantages

• none

Good all round

I ordered the free business cards with easyprint and they are perfect. I am very happy with the colours and the quality of the cards. The free business cards come with an easyprint add on the back and I am sorry that I did not pay the couple of Euros to get that removed. I never expected these business cards to be so perfect and I will certainly order again - this time without the ad on the back. The order arrived quickly so overall, my experience with easyprint was very positive.

28.07.2014 19:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

NIVEA Creme Soft Shower Cream

The NIVEA Creme Soft Shower Cream is available from GBP 2.03.

The shower cream comes in a white plastic bottle with a blue flip top lid. On the plastic bottle are the product name and product information. It holds 250 ml.

The shower cream is described as follows. "For a soft skin feeling Let this silky cream shower with valuable almond oil envelop your skin with a caring soft foam, while its gentle scent indulges your senses."

The ingredients are Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaternium-7, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Citric Acid, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Benzoate, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

The shower cream has a creamy consistence, therefore it can be applied and spread well. It can be rinsed out thoroughly. The shower cream allows a well and gentle washing. The skin feels smooth and soft after use. The shower cream leaves a fresh and comfortable feeling on the skin. The shower cream has an intensive moisturizing effect. The shower cream cares for the skin and moisturizes it, but it does not care enough for dry skin.

The shower cream has a fresh scent that can be noticed after use.

I can recommend the NIVEA Creme Soft Shower Cream, as it leaves a gentle and soft feeling on the skin. The shower cream cares for the skin, although it does not care enough for dry skin.

28.07.2014 18:50

Advantages

• Work!

Disadvantages

• "Quite expensive "

They work very well

I have for many years been on a variety of heart medicines that all have a price in the way of side-effects. Since my intake of heart medicine began with me being told I was at risk of heart-attack, I have been taking tablets such as this religiously but before I had no improvement in enteral health or well being. Find these tablets changed that, and I would highly recommend these to a friend.

I found out that I was supposed to be taking Q10 to make up for some of the damage caused by the heart medicines. After taking Q10 and a good multivitamin and mineral supplement my general health showed a noticeable improvement already after the first three months. I obviously have to keep taking these but my quality of life has improved and I am a more complete person again.

After researching the subject I decided to try Doctor's Best High Absorption Q10 100Mg (one a day). I have only tried the same dose and same brand but it works and it works great!

I wouldn't expect a product like this to deliver on taste at all, and they don't, but they aren't a hardship to swallow daily.

For the price they are great and I have been very happy with how they have worked for me, so despite being around the 10 pound mark I would say they are certainly worth it.

You also get quite a lot of product for your money.

Highly recommended to all.

28.07.2014 18:49

Advantages

Disadvantages

Best game i own.

GTA 5 the best GTA so far!
      Play as 3 different people as you switch between micheal, trevver and franklin. Completing fun missions, stealing cars and driving around and killing people. Working your way up through the game. Purchasing cars and doing them up how you want, houses, stripper dances & Just having a laugh, tonnes of things to do such as parachuting, under the bridge flying things, golf, tennis, darts, go on the rollercoaster theres so many things to experience. Theres 3 different players and that means 3 different endings.
      Gta online- personalise your charachter, play with friends, set bountys on people or take the bounty and recieve money, do races or make your own custom race, team deathmatches and so much more!
      Not a game for 'squeekers' contains material not suitable for children- theres a age thing for a reason ;) also online if you have a headset and your underage the chances are you will be given abuse, if your old enough to play you will be given abuse, if you do anything people rage and its all part of the game.

Best game i own! Buy it, Try it, if you dont like it you can always sell it to someone who will.

28.07.2014 18:38

Advantages

• Affordable
      • "Work (I think)"

Disadvantages

• Sugary

Worked for me

As some background, I bought this product after suffering from persistent bloating for a few months.I wanted to take some measure to rescue my belly balloon so I began watching what I ate as much as using these supplements. I have been very happy with the results which were faster than I expected, and I would put that down to these supplements.

I think this product did what it said it would do; it's hard to say categorically, as I was doing other things during the week that I was using Optibac eg I was leaving out certain things from my diet in case they were what was causing the problem. Since the week of using Optibac however, I have felt much better and haven't experienced the balloon stomach that I was experiencing regularly before, so on the whole - yes, I think it was worth using this.
      It can't do you any harm to have an influx of good bacteria in your stomach from time to time anyway, so I might repeat a week's Optibac every 6 - 12 months to maintain a good balance. It didn't taste of anything - except water! - so probably wasn't as nice as some of the pro biotic yoghurts that one sees advertised on TV, but as some of them are quite sugary, for me I don't think they helped so much as exacerbated my problem; but each to their own. In short, I do think this was worth a try and would recommend it; hope that helps someone!

28.07.2014 18:24

Advantages

• "Makes it healthier and shinier "
      • "Works extremely well on dry hair "

Disadvantages

• "Makes normal hair greasy"

Hard to beat for dry hair

Aussie is my favourite hair care brand for those times that my hair is feeing and looking as though it is in need of some extra TLC. Basically when it is looking dry and feeling a bit brittle this is the first brand that I reach for. I have used loads of other hair care brands but I always come back to this one because for my hair it is the best.

I use the miracle moist shampoo and conditioner in conjunction with each other as I find that they are much more effective this way than using them separately. I also use the 3 minute miracle intensive conditioner once or twice a week when I feel I need it but the shampoo and conditioner I use every day when my hair needs them until I finish the bottles.

Usually by using them for a couple of weeks I can repair whatever damage I have caused my hair and get it back to looking and feeling healthy again.

The conditioner costs 5.99 which I think is a good price because of how effective it is. Aussie is also on offer a lot of the time so you can often pick it up cheaper.
      It smells great and leaves hair fresh but more importantly from the first time that you use it the conditioner will help repair your hair.

It is designed to be used on dry and damaged hair and this is only the type of hair that it is really suitable for as for normal hair this is far too rich and will weigh hair down and make it appear greasy. I would never dream of using this daily and only use it when I feel that my hair really needs it.

It soaks in to dry hair and really conditions it and even from the first wash the results are noticeable. Hair looks much healthier and is much softer and shiner. It just looks in much better condition and even looks thicker and fuller. I try and be careful not to apply this to my roots as most of the damage and dryness on my hair happens on the ends. If I apply this to my roots and leave it for any length of time then it makes them greasy.

This is a fabulous conditioner and one of the best I have ever used but it is definitely not one to be used on every ones hair and should only be used on very dry hair. For dry hair this is hard to beat.

• moonpig.com / Online Shop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.07.2014 18:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great, but I personally prefer Funky Pigeon :)

I usually take absolutely ages in card shops when having to choose a specific card for someone because I actually think that as silly as it seems, it's important. My favourite cards are the a la mode ones sold in Clintons, however the prices of some of them, as lovely as they are, is absolutely ridiculous.

Having seen so many of the adverts on TV, I decided to try Moonpig.com and have a look around their site, browse prices etc. The whole process seemed very straightforward and I ended up buying a couple of cards. I think the selection is brilliant and the photo upload cards are very easy to create. I stuck with Moonpig to buy my cards for all occasions, for quite a little while.

This was until I saw funky pigeon which I then decided I liked better. I couldn't tell you the price of the Moonpig cards today, but the funky pigeon ones are very reasonably priced. The reason I swapped to use funky pigeon was the ability to prepay where you are given credit, and the fact that they always have great offers on. As mentioned the credit option is brilliant, and is as simple as paying an amount through Paypal and for every £5 you prepay, they give £1.25 credit and I was not aware of any such offer on Moonpig.

At this point I would not go back to Moonpig simply because funky pigeon works better for me, although I do believe Moonpig have a wider selection, but this has never been a problem for me.

I would definitely recommend having a look at both these sites and seeing which works best for you! :)

28.07.2014 18:11

Advantages

• "Moisturises it slightly ready for conditioner "
      • "Cleans hair gently "

Disadvantages

Great for when my hair needs some extra attention

I have tried loads of different shampoos and conditioners over the years for times when my hair is feeling dry and damaged but I really don’t know why I bother because I always end up going back to Aussie because I have yet to find anything that is even remotely as good even when I pay loads of money for it.

I like to use the shampoo and matching conditioner alongside the intensive conditioner when my hair is feeling and looking like it is in need of some extra attention.

The shampoo smells gorgeous just like bubble gum which doesn’t sound like a scent that you might want on your hair but it works really well and leaves hair smelling really clean and fresh with just the right amount of sweetness when it is washed off.

This lathers up well and does a good job of cleaning hair without leaving it feeling as though it has been stripped of all moisture. It isn’t the most intensively detoxing shampoo but that isn’t what it is designed to do. It gently cleans hair so as to not damage it any further and leave it ready for the conditioner. You will need to wash twice if you use a lot of product but it will leave your hair feeling clean.

Obviously it isn’t as moisturising as the matching conditioner but if you were using this just on its own without the conditioner then it would still leave your hair looking in better condition than when you started. Of course it is going to be better when used in conjunction with the matching conditioner but if you had greasy hair and didn’t like conditioning because of how it can make your hair greasier then this will moisturise your hair just enough to leave it more manageable and shiny.

The shampoo doesn’t cost a huge amount considering how well it works and how nice it is to use and I would gladly pay more for it than the 4.69 it costs. Aussie is another of those brands that always seems to have offers on them too so you can probably pick it up even cheaper than the normal price if you are willing to look around a few shops first.

• BaByliss Curling Wand / Hair Styler / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.07.2014 17:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

Too much effort for curls to end up dropping quickly

It is a rare occasion that I curl my hair just because it such a long and tedious task that takes so much effort, usually for the curls to have dropped out before I reach my destination.

And so I first used these because they had been recently purchased by my sister and she was getting great results. I think this was mostly because she was using the wand through her extensions and so her actual hair was only being curled slightly - nevertheless it always looked lovely.

I'm not a fan of wands just because I worry about burning my fingers when using them. I do think that they always work better than the curlers with a clamp. To use this wand I would spray my hair with hair spray, and proceed to wrap my hair around it. I would leave it there for about 30 seconds and then let the curl drop off. This is such a long task for me and by the time I had got to the other half of my head I felt the curls were already dropping more and more. I continued to curl my whole head however the curls were a little tight for me, and in the end I was kind of glad they'd dropped.

For me this product didn't work but I can imagine this wand would be ideal for mid length hair that's not too thick - just be aware that the curls can be quite tight and look like ringlets even after they've began to drop so if your after beach waves this is not the product for you.

28.07.2014 17:45

Advantages

• "Perfect for thick & long hair"

Disadvantages

Perfect Straighteners - Love! :)

I have been loyal to GHD straighteners ever since I began straightening my hair years and years ago. I love their straighteners and believe that they do produce minimum damage to my hair and always leave it soft and sleek.

When I saw that they had released the GHD straighteners in this wide model I was so pleased and looked forward to purchasing them. I actually sold my thin ones on eBay and got a great amount to put towards my new ones and had them soon after.

My hair is very long and thick, and naturally kind of kinky - I will have straighter parts and then curls mixed throughout. My other straighteners never disappointed and so I knew these would be great - and they were. Previously to straighten my hair I would divide into 6 or 8 sections and straighten, however with these I now only divide into 4 sections and still get through my whole head very quickly.

I used to straighten my hair pretty much every day but now not so much, though I've never felt my hair has been damaged by the GHDs at all. I also find that having straightened my hair one day, the following day my hair is still very straight - making it easy to then go over and be done very quickly.

I think I'll always be loyal to GHD when purchasing straighteners because they do such a good job, last ages and are worth the money. I absolutely recommend these to anyone who is after a good pair of straighteners, especially if you have thicker hair - they are perfect.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown