30.03.2015 17:59

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good but sadly not amazing

This is a facial gel that aims to cleanse your skin and refresh with Aloe Vera and natural lotus flower extract.

The brand packaging and promotion describes this as 'ESSENTIAL' I wouldn't say it is exactly that but it is good.

I have sensitive skin and was looking for something at the time to 'cool' and cleanse my skin. I really was trying to stay away from chemicals and wanted a break from treating my skin while it was calm. I had tried the BOOTS cumcumber facial gel, not too much luck and then this was advertised beside it and decided to try and see if it could be something that might give my skin a break.

This was good at cleansing the skin, removing but not lifting all makeup off so I used it on days off when my skin had no makeup on.
      This was slightly cooling but not enough to notice the difference I needed. It also seemed to make my skin tighter and after two weeks I decided to stop using this as I was no real benefit to continue it.
      This is dermatologically tested and I would say this produce no new blemishes or skin issues and did not irritate my skin at all with was very good.

This somewhat reminded me of SIMPLE but with a little more effect.
      I'm not sure I could recommend this for the purpose of cleansing troubled skin but it you need something that is gentle maybe this would be good?

Prices vary online, but I purchased this in BOOTS for £4.99

• Sportsdirect.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.03.2015 15:47

Advantages

• "Reduced Prices For Designer Gear"

Disadvantages

• "Delivery Charges"

More Than Just Sports Clothing & At Amazing Prices!

A family member recommended this website to me because I wear quite a lot of sports and outdoor clothing. She told me that the site offered some amazing prices and deals as well as a huge range of items for men, women and children. I have ordered from the site a few times and have been very happy with my purchases and the prices I managed to get the items for.

Sports Direct actually sell more than just sports gear. They have a great deal of brand name fashion wear items which are reduced from their recommended retail price as well as a great selection of clothing for specific sporting activities such as tennis, athletics, football, swimming and much more. They also have a few other things such as personal accessories, pet items and random items like headphones and phone covers etc. They also sell official Football jerseys. Against every item you can see the actual reduction in price along with item details such as what the material is and sizing information.

The clothing items online tend to be available in whatever sizes are left in the stock so it's often best to use the search facility to narrow the results down to your size. I have purchased a few tops and walking boots from the site. I'm very pleased to have been able to find brands that are high quality but are available at an affordable price.

The delivery costs £3.99 for each order which I feel is a bit much. It can be worth ordering a few items to ensure that the reductions on the items aren't cancelled out by having to pay the postage charge!

I've received a good service from the company when using the online site. It's easy to register and to check out and my orders were sent very quickly and arrived in the time stated. I'm also happy with the quality of the items. I was afraid these might be 'seconds' or rejects that had some kind of quality fail but my items have all been perfect!

I would recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a bargain and I especially think the site is great for those with a family as you can shop for everyone in the household. They are a great site to visit if you are looking for a particular item that you are finding to be expensive at other stores. I will definitely shop at this website again in the future.

• Lush.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.03.2015 15:10

Advantages

• "Large Range Of Products"
      • Convenient

Disadvantages

• Pricey

All Of Your Favourite Lush Goodies Online!

Lush is a company that offer handmade body cosmetics and bath products. They have high street stores as well as the website and I'd suggest the website is best used if you already are familiar with the products they sell. The scents, textures and product styles are quite distinctive so it is probably best to sample them in store first before committing to what might be a quite expensive purchase.

I've shopped at Lush online for a year or so. I started out shopping in the high street stores but it's convenient to be able to stay at home and order! The reason I love Lush is because they are so unique. Their products are unlike any other brand. They are also an ethical company and do not test on animals. They also use fair trade ingredients. The only thing I'm not so keen on is some of the high prices. Some of the items are extremely expensive despite being rather small in size. I do think some items are overpriced a bit so I don't shop with Lush regularly, more so as an occasional treat or when looking for a special gift for someone else.

The Lush website has the same products as you'll find in store. It's actually a great website and I've looked at more items than I ever would when browsing the high street shop. This is because each page gives so much detail about the ingredients and their benefits. You also see the product in action on most pages which is very interesting and useful!

Lush sell a range of things including soaps, hair products, skin lotions, bath bombs and bubble bars, perfumes and make-up. Prices are shown by weight online. Each single product weighs the same but may look slightly different due to the fact they are all individually made.

To purchase you have to create an account which requires full details to be used. Delivery costs are £3.95 for a standard delivery (arrives in 3-5 days) which might need to be signed for unless it weighs less than 2kg,in which case it is sent by standard Royal Mail. All of my parcels have arrived safely and with the correct items and order details.

I would recommend the Lush online store to anyone who has already seen and sampled the products they want to buy. There are some items that look huge in the pictures on the website and in fact they are actually tiny! The fragrances at Lush are also so unique that it's best to smell them first. However, if you are already a customer at the high street shops I would recommend the website for a convenient and good quality service.

• Wella Live Colour / Hair Care / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.03.2015 14:36

Advantages

• "Nice consistency"
      • "Easy to apply"

Disadvantages

• "Hard to miss patches due to the lightweight cream"
      • "The colour isn't the same as on the box"
      • "Stain towels for over a week after use"

Nice colour, shame about the towels...

I dye my hair at home and am totally not brand loyal, I buy whatever colour I fancy and do let special offers sway me so when I saw Wella Live hair dyes reduced in Tesco recently I bought a few boxes for myself and my daughter (the usual price is around £6 but our local Tesco have some odd but super reduction sprees sometimes, and these had been reduced to £2). I can't remember the shade I used, I'm sure it had Cherry in the title but it was a dark reddy brown on the box - my daughter used the same one a couple of weeks later with the same results so this is a kinda joint review.

The colour is easy to apply, my hair is below shoulder length and there was more than enough in the box. It has a creamy but fairly light consistency so you do need to go through your hair to ensure you've applied it all the way over, through the gloves it was hard to tell at times whether you'd covered sections of hair enough so I felt I had to be really vigilant while applying the dye.

I kept the dye on for 45 minutes and went to the shower to rinse it off, when the water was still running red ten minutes later I decided to just get in the shower as my neck was aching bending over the shower tray!

The colour was acceptable, far redder than expected and a little brassy. This is designed to last for 28 washes so isn't a permanent colour and the brassiness started to disappear on around day three (I wash my hair daily). From then on the colour faded at an even rate over my head and I'm pretty sure I continued to have useful colour well past the 28 day stage.

The issue I had was the amount of towels the dye ruined. Even a week after using the dye there were still patches of red on the towels, my daughter even ruined a coat when she was caught in rain TWO WEEKS after colouring her hair - she sat in her coat with wet hair for the rest of the day at college and when she got home there was a huge patch of dye on the neck that I can't get out, as a student she's not bothered in the slightest but I must admit I'd have been raging!

The other boxes might be used by her but I'm not going to bother again, I was pleased with the colour but these bargain hair dyes will cost a fortune in replacement towels when we decorate!

30.03.2015 13:58

Advantages

• "I'm feeling better now although have no idea if the multivitamins helped!"
      • "Easy to swallow"

Disadvantages

• "Multivitamins can be bought cheaper elsewhere"

Helping me get back to normal

I've been feeling massively run down so far in 2015, one medical issue after another has cropped up but now all the symptoms of those are going I'm feeling decidedly grotty in myself. I decided to start looking at some supplements to kick start myself back into normality - my diet is good with plenty of fresh foods, I'm not a fan of salty convenience food anyway so the supplements I'd need would be minimal. I bought these Multivitamins & Iron from Boots as I've been anaemic in the past and I thought it wouldn't hurt to up my iron at the same time as boosting my vitamin intake.

I bought a 30 day supply which cost around £3, if you don't need the additional Iron I'd suggest you look at the next Boots branded Multivitamin down which is only 99p for 30 (everything is the same in the ingredients panel, it's just that that one doesn't contain any Iron).

The tablets are easy to swallow as they're so small, it's advised to take them with a large drink and that's exactly what I do - I'm sure I could dry-swallow these due to the small size but tend to do as I'm told with things like this.

It's hard to say if they're helping or not - I certainly feel much better recently and am slowly getting back to myself, I've been using other remedies too so this could be a combination of things or even that it's just time for me to get better. I'm happy to take these Multivitamins though as they make me feel like I'm doing something to help myself rather than just sit around feeling sorry for myself, I'll buy another 30 day supply to finish off my detox and 'get better' campaign and it will more than likely be these Boots tablets again.

Recommended by me and my immune system, although there are cheaper alternatives if you scout around.

30.03.2015 13:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

Don't do it.

I really do hate rating things low but this I really must to help others thinking this is a good product from NIVEA.

I purchased this thinking that the brand first of all was trustworthy and having used a lot of their products in the past with one or two exceptions, they always deliver very good qaulity products, that does exactly what it promotes and at an excellent price.
      This is product that hopefully should offer 24 protection through an active day, freshness, prevents yellow staining on clothes and no white marks.

I didn't even think to it check when I applied this that any white residue would remain on any of my clothes.
      This should regulate itself against your body temperture and act as a deordorant without the perspiration causing the formula to leave marks.

Not a chance. On first application this turned into a podwer, after a wash and moving the can further away this still emitted powder and crumbled on my bra and t-shirt, it was awful. [sorry to share information like this]
      I thought this was a dud can, brought a second but immediately it became white and there was no way I could use this throughout the day.
      I was shocked because there was an ad campaign, good reviews and a lot of promotions on the price but this epically failed on every level. It took three washes to see the white residue come out of the clothing.

I am so disappointed with this product and the only positive aspect I could draw from it was that it smelt wonderful, not like a deordorant at all. x

30.03.2015 13:44

Advantages

• "Easy to prepare"
      • "I feel they're helping me"
      • "Nice flavour"

Disadvantages

• "None really other than the price..."

Berocca, helping me feel better day by day

I decided last month that I needed to give myself a helping hand in the health stakes, I've had one bug after another and am just generally feeling a little worn out and run down. I bought some multivitamins and while in Boots spotted Berocca on special offer (£3.50 instead of £4.79 or so), I decided to buy a couple of boxes as the plan is to spend a month putting all good stuff into my body and with fifteen tablets in each box that would do me.

I bought the Mango flavour, totally by mistake but I'm glad I did as it tastes really nice (I do like the Orange flavour still). To make up your drink it's as easy as pouring a nice cold glass of water and dropping in a Berocca tablet, when the fizzing has subsided and the tablet is gone it's time to drink.

I wouldn't say the drink tastes refreshing but it's not powdery and the aftertaste is much more pleasant than I expected.

After taking Berocca for 15 days (I used up my first box this morning) I feel better than I did - whether this is down to a low key detox, or the extra vitamins I'm taking, or it could even be that this is just my time to feel better. I do feel that the Berocca drinks are helping however, this isn't a scientific trial obviously but my gut feeling is that having this drink each day is doing something to help make me feel a little more like myself again - I'm happy to continue through the next box and will maybe purchase again, if I'm back to my usual self by the time the next fifteen drinks have gone down then maybe I'll save my fiver but as it stands now this is definitely a product I intend to replace if needs be.

You can buy Berocca from just about everywhere - Boots have the promotion on at the moment but I've seen them in all the supermarkets and even some small convenience stores.

Pricey but not so bad considering it's a 15 day supply.

30.03.2015 13:34

Advantages

• Thick

Disadvantages

• "Drying time"

Dulux I needed to apply more than Once

Having just opened up our fireplace we have been looking at solutions of making it look nice without eating up too much of our small front room. As a result we have decided to out as shelf above the fireplace rather than going for a full fire surround and mantelpiece. The shelf that we purchased is wood and we wanted to paint it white.

We purchased Dulux once brilliant white gloss from a local independent hardware store. It was on special offer at £9 for a small 750ml. This seems like a lot of money to me but all the gloss was for expensive and this paint appealed to us as it says that just one coat is needed.

Using this gloss it seems a bit thicker than previous gloss paint that I have used. This means it drips much less but it is as bit harder to get proper even coverage. Initially when using this paint I was confident that just one coat would be needed but as it started to dry I realised that at least two coats would be needed. I am using this on a wooden shelf and far too much of the wood grain shows through after one coat. This is a bit annoying was the tin does say only one coat is needed.

Dulux once reads on the tin that it takes 16 hours drying time. This seems like forever and even after 16 hours the knots on the wood are still wet and tacky. Perhaps this is to be expected and the wood knots always take longer I'm really not sure being a novice but I know it is very frustrating as painting a shelf before it is put up I can only paint one side at a time.

Overall I am a bit disappointed with Dulux once. I will need to use more than one coat, it takes longer than the 16 hour drying time detailed and it is as bit expensive. It does however give a good colour and it's thick and so looks like it will give a great finish.

• Crown Paint / Household Product / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.03.2015 13:31

Advantages

• Price
      • Coverage

Disadvantages

Bargain paint that gives superb coverage

Before moving into our new house towards the end of last year our lounge was being replastered and treated for damp. This meant that we were moving in to our home where half of the lounge was just bare plaster. As a result we went to B&Q to get some paint ready for our introduction to home ownership and DIY.

When in B&Q we were overwhelmed with the amount of choice for magnolia emulsion paint. We had never bought paint before and there was a huge amount of choice and very little in the shop to differentiate between the paints. We ended up choosing Crown matt emulsion because it ended up being the best value for money. We paid £14 for 10 litres of paint. We knew we would make us of a lot of paint and so it made sense for us to buy a huge tub.

Crown magnolia matt emulsion was very easy to apply. It was thick enough not to run and drip but also thin enough to apply evenly. The colour was exactly the magnolia as expected. When first using the paint it is a little darker but as it dries it lightens up nicely.

Initially we got this paint to cover our bare plaster walls in our lounge. This paint covered very well and only having a small lounge we had loads left over. Yesterday my husband and I decided to see what would happen if we tried to open our fireplace up. This has envolved taking a board off of our wall and then painting over marks this board left. We have found that this Crown paint has been brilliant, so far we have only done one coat and it really covered the marks we wanted covering.

We are really impressed with this paint. We purchased it based purely on price and would definitely buy this brand in the future. A thin coat of paint dries within a day and it covers very well. I definitely recommend Crown Matt Emulsion.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.03.2015 12:16

Advantages

• "Fast service"
      • "Helpful advice"
      • "Great product"
      • "Easy website to use"

Disadvantages

Awesome product aye

I was new to the whole 'configure a laptop' idea but the website walked me through it and I'm really happy with my product. It was a great service at a decent price with fast shipping and helpful advice. Couldn't be happier.

• Nivea Essential Lip Balm / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.03.2015 12:01

Advantages

Disadvantages

Sadly didn't work for me:(

This is somewhat a staple classic on the drugs store shelves up and down the country. Although many new and better lip care products have come onto the market this seems to stand the test of time and be on everyone's wishlist alongside CARMEX.

For me, I am not in the majority with loving this product and neither CARMEX.

I don't have any specific issues, I just would like no chapped lips in winter, no burnt ones in summer and a nourished pair of lips all year round! Not a lot then!

I love NIVEA's range except their lip care, it sadly doesn't work for me.

This contains:
      PRO VITAMIN B5
      JOJOBA OIL
      VITAMIN E

So essentially this should provide everything and tick all the boxes. However personally, I found this to be difficult to easily apply in the sense you need to warm this up but working it into your lips.
      The results at first, despite exfoliation, the product of gel or whatever the stick is called :) became flaky. I brought a second thinking this was a dud product but it wasn't, too much of this and the product for me was sticky. It sat to heavy on my lips and didn't sink in quick enough, because this was over the winter months with chapped lips I didn't feel any soothing sensation or relief.

I applied a generous amount at night but in the morning the ruddy stuff was still sitting on my lips and haven't sunk in.
      I personally wouldn't recommend this.

30.03.2015 11:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Sadly didn't undo the damage.

A few years back I had short hair and due to damaging it through heating, over styling and dying it continuously, a number of products were suggested to help restore the condition of my hair as I grew it out, it is now shoulder length [thought I'd let you know:)]

The products recommended by stylist in a salon can sometimes break the bank and DOVE is a great reasonably priced product with just the most amazing results. However, I find that they have yet to reach that amazing standards with hair care, but that's just a personal opinion and mainly because I have thick hair I think they've yet to crack that particular market.

Yet I will always persist because I love buying DOVE and hoped that this brand with the 'SERUM' complex I hoped this could undo the damage.
      It firstly smelt just like a traditional DOVE product and the thick consistency of the cream was still there. I worked this into my scalp, I wasn't expecting it to lift the roots or remove product build-up in a major way, as stated in various other reviews I find that you need EUCALYPTUS based products for that.

This cleansed the hair, made it look shiny and soft as you would expected however the 'INTENSE damage therapy' sadly didn't work for me. Maybe the salon professionals were right! My hair just needed that TLC that DOVE couldn't provide on this occasion.
      This seems to be a little more pricey at £4.99 but it depends on where you purchase, so its best to shop around. x

30.03.2015 11:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not bad but not great for thick hair:(

As part of the PRO AGE range, this focuses on the hair, obviously rather than the body.
      There has been a lot of talk about reducing the features of age [ as always] and there are some recommendations that hair and the look can contribute towards you reflecting that in your hair care ie your hair is now an aging sign!

This you would assume due to the name 'PRO AGE' would be aimed at helping that but instead this aims to help make your hair appear fuller, healthier and revitalised, maybe they are the aspects that age you backwards? Who knows?

For me, I picked this up due to the way I feel quite positive about the results on my skin care and thought this would be worth a try.
      I have thick hair and this really didn't help that, this is solely my fault.
      I clearly didn't read this in-store and went along with the branding instead.

On my second attempt, as not to waste this product, I tried a smaller amount of the shampoo but still this made me hair thicker, fuller and more unmanageable.
      On the upside, this would be a good product for anyone wanting to create that look, on the downside is as stated above.

Overall this is good, it didn't cleanse the scalp in a big way and therefore you know the product build up hasn't been touched. I always think you need a EUCALYPTUS based product to get that.

This as always from this gorgeous range is reasonably priced on average £2.99 x

• Dove Body Fresh Hydro Body Lotion / Body Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.03.2015 11:16

Advantages

Disadvantages

An okay product from a fabulous brand

DOVE is the go to brand for deep, intense, moisture and is excellent quality at a great price for the skin especially long term this can hydrate and moisture better than anything else.

However, just sometimes the new products that are released every now and then I do find myself becoming suspicious at what improvements can be made on perfection, or alternatives they can offer.
      This is a more lighter and refreshing cream compared to the others, surprisingly so.
      With all DOVE products of creams, the consistency is usually thick but this is very light in comparison.
      Although light on the skin, this stills smells fabulous and that DOVE scent. It sinks into the skin quite fast almost too fast as the cream is more watery but after it has sunk in it makes your skin feel fresher.
      I decided to keep using this over the summer months especially as I found it to be cooling on the skin and you could genuinely feel a freshness on the skin, not the heavy cream sensation that could become sticky.

Why only three hearts then?
      When I stopped using this, I didn't miss it at all. It didn't quite make that impression that I needed to have this all the time. Also, there are there are other products that have added benefits in the summer that I'd prefer to use.

Although I highly recommend the DOVE range like many others, this is a product that maybe doesn't add anything to an already sterling range.

The price for this is very reasonable at £2.99 for 100ml.

30.03.2015 10:58

Advantages

• "luxury and classic"

Disadvantages

• none

a luxury and classic fragrance

Mу husbаnd got this for me while killing time in а dutу free shop аt the аirport. I tried it right аwау, since I hаd not used аnу frаgrаnce thаt dау аnd so it wouldn't be competing with аnother scent.

I wаnt to like it, but I cаn't bring mуself to trу it аgаin. I certаinlу would not weаr it to work while still in the "deciding" stаge, so it will hаve to be а weekend project.

It's аn iconic luxurу frаgrаnce with а long historу, which mаkes me feel like I should like it. However, if I tried it аs а blind test there is no wау I would ever entertаin purchаsing or аsking for this frаgrаnce аs it stаnds now.

I know it is expensive, аnd it is verу clever pаckаging: 3 20 ml EDT sprау bottles thаt fit into а sleek аnd chic blаck "lаcquer" аnd gold cаse thаt looks like аn oversize lipstick--уou twist the top counterclockwise аnd the аtomizer pops up--twist it clockwise аnd the аtomizer recedes bаck into the cаse.

3 20 ml bottles is just over 2 oz of frаgrаnce--even if I use this everу dау it will tаke mаnу months to use up аnd I аm reаllу trуing to hаve onlу 2 or 3 frаgrаnces аt а time thаt I use up before getting а replаcement or something completelу different.

I will edit аfter I decide уау or nау, but I think I аm sаdlу leаning towаrd nау on this.I should recommend it to you.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown