25.10.2014 01:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "Unconvincing story"
      • "Bad dialogue"
      • "Awful effects"

A poor attempt at a gorefest that fails on every front

It's hard to know where to start with this one. If you've seen the first, it's more of the same. But, where the first had some element of novelty and in many respects was a fairly ok movie, Cabin Fever 2 sucks any merit from the franchise.

The first thing you notice is the awful acting, going hand-in-hand with truly awful dialogue. The characters are about as convincing as motionless planks, with them being so utterly clichéd they could be drawn from any Z-movie featuring any American high school. One of the major problems is that it's not possible to feel anything about the characters - they're neither likeable nor disagreeable. They just exist, nothing more.

With the unconvincing scriptwriting comes a completely bizarre storyline. If you're watching this film, you're not expecting Shakespeare, but it would be nice to have some semblance of a storyline that doesn't make your eyes bleed as much as those of the characters in the film. Aspects are left unexplained (who? why? what? are questions that spring to mind throughout the duration) and you can't help but feel that the director took one look at the story, and decided it would be an adequate (barely) conduit for the litres of fake blood to be used for the 'fun parts' of the shooting.

This leads onto the film's attempt to produce shocking scenes, and in doing so it has some truly ridiculous moments. There's only so many scenes of high school students projectile-vomiting blood before you start to question whether the creative geniuses behind this film had anything in their toolbox to keep the viewers even half-entertained (and if this was their best, I fear what was their worst option).

Don't get me wrong, some gore can have a place in a story, but when the film relies on that gore as the main attraction something is amiss. And it's evident that in Cabin Fever 2 there is a lot that's amiss. Wooden dialogue, unconvincing characters, unusual 'action scenes' and a storyline that, frankly, has so many holes that it wouldn't look out of place in a Leerdammer factory.

There's potential in a film like this too - the unknown, faceless enemies is an angle that could so easily be worked to produce a reasonably decent film. But every opportunity in the book is missed, and the result is a bizarre concoction of a film that, in trying to be shocking, is truly terrible.

24.10.2014 23:59

Advantages

• " average wear time"
      • " low price"
      • " long lasting"
      • "nice colour"

Disadvantages

• " need to use with a lip liner"
      • "feels quite drying"

Calvin Klein Lipstick!

I have a few of these Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Crème lipsticks. I ordered them online a while back. I wore this lipstick in shade ‘Venus’ yesterday.

~ Price and availability ~
      This lipstick is available to order from Amazon.co.uk where it is currently priced at £3.49 with free postage, which I think is very reasonable for a lipstick.

~ Packaging ~
      The lipstick comes in a black plastic tube, which is square shaped with rounded corners.
      The top of the lid has, ‘ck Calvin Klein’ written in white lettering. There is a sticker around two sides of the tube with the name and shade of the lipstick. It also states that there is 3.5g of product.

~ Using the lipstick ~
      Venus is a red colour that leans towards a very dark pink rather than a bright red.
      The lipstick is fairly round with a flat edge at the top for ease of application. The lipstick does not look as moisturising as the name suggests, Delicious Luxury Crème Lipstick. It has a shine to it, but it looks quite dry.
      It is easy to apply and I find I only need to run it over my lips once to get a good colour pay off. It is a bit darker than my natural lip colour, but it looks quite natural and not too over the top bright.
      There is no shimmer in this lipstick, which I’m pleased about as I sometimes find with shimmery lipsticks, the shimmer can get onto your face and make you look clueless and silly.
      On my lips I have to admit that it feels quite drying and it doesn’t make my lips look particularly moisturised either. There isn’t much shine to it. It isn’t the most drying lipstick I have used and I do find the dryness is less irritating as I get used to wearing it.
      The lipstick does bleed if you don’t use a good lip liner with it. I still don’t think it is the worst lipstick I have used.
      Yesterday I wore this lipstick when I went out for a few drinks and it did wear off a bit as I was drinking. I usually find that lipstick wears off in the middle of my lips first and then around the outside and this lipstick was no different. It doesn’t last very long when you are eating and drinking and will need to be topped up regularly, but usually this lipstick lasts 3-4 hours before it starts to wear off.
      It is easy to remove from your lips with a wet wipe or a normal cleanser.
      Overall I think this lipstick is quite good. I like the colour and the fact that it has no shimmer in it. It is also very reasonably priced.
      It lasts on my lips as long as most other lipsticks that I have tried.
      The lipstick does feel quite drying on my lips especially when it is first applied, but then as I get used to it, it stops bothering me so much.
      I have bought a few lipsticks from this range and I would definitely buy more based on my experience with this one.

24.10.2014 23:44

Advantages

• "Made me cry"
      • "Funny in places"
      • "Well written"

Disadvantages

• "None For Me"

Another Amazing Work of Fiction!

I was bought this book a few Christmases ago and I can honestly say it is one I have never forgotten. I have always enjoyed Marian Keyes books and the last couple of years I have found myself anxiously awaiting the next one.

A number of the books focus on one family with a huge number of sisters and this particular book focuses on Anna. You start of reading the book thinking that her Husband has left her. She writes emails to him and as the book goes on she gets more and more distraught. She keeps checking constantly for weeks and when she does get an email she is so happy.

She seems to be ill herself but you don't hear the particulars. Not until you find out they were in a terrible car crash and he passed away. The email she received was delivered late as it was a technical issue. This was written so poignantly I was in floods if tears. I am not one for crying at books either. This also has a beautiful twist at the end.

This book was fantastic. The mix of familiar characters with brief hints at their back stories (like Rachel's stay in rehab), makes it feel like your putting on an old pair of slippers. And as always there are plenty of laughs. I came away
      Feeling cheered and moved all at once.

I would recommend all of her books but Anybody Out There? Is an essential! I wish there was a book of when her husband was still around.

• Morning After Pill PCP / Sexual Health / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      24.10.2014 23:38

Advantages

• "It worked"
      • "It was free"
      • "I was not ill"

Disadvantages

It Worked - But Not For Regular Use

The morning after pill my experience

When I was 17 I had just started seeing somebody and things got quite serious quite quickly. He was my second sexual partner, but at that stage I wasn't on any contraception. We would use condoms instead and two days before I was booked in to have the implant one split.

I have never been so worried in my life, but this was slightly relieved when I realised the morning after pill would be an object. Two days later whilst at the doctors I was given this for free and I took it.

I remember sneaking it in the house as I didn't want my parents to find out and apart from the guy I was seeing noone knew. I was so embarrassed, and worried a little bit more right up until my period.

I was lucky I was not pregnant and I had no sickness or bad experience with the pill. This needs to be taken within 72 hours of the incident to be effective mine obviously was. When I look back I am no long embarrassed it was an adult decision to make at the time and I love the person I was with. I was just 17 and not emotionally or financially ready for a baby. I just wish the doctor had explained this to me at the time. Would I take it again? Not now no. I am 23 and in position where if it happened I am now equiped with the tools to cope. For anyone who isn't there is nothing to feel guilty about.

Sexual Health Advice should be easier to seek.

24.10.2014 23:36

Advantages

• "Add Thickness"
      • "The Straightest it's been!"
      • "Reduces Grease"

Disadvantages

• "Quite Expensive"

It Worked! (sort of)

John Frieda Three Day Straight

I have really curly and fairly frizzy hair. I love when my hair is perfectly straight, but it never lasts. Yes my GHDs mean it only returns to (a rather pleasant) wavy and not full on curly and they certainly reduce frizz, but I want it to be straight - really straight. So I decided to try this. I have been eyeing if for a while but at more than £7 I didn't get round to it. I saw I recently for £3 and I just had to grab it.

The first thing I noticed was the huge amount of product they expect you to use 15 sprays. First of all 15 sprays mean it would not last very long, also my hair wouldn't take that much!

I used 10 sprays (and this was difficult). I then blow dried my har straight and then went over with straighteners. When I first straightened it, it went more straighter than it usually does. Then I went out in very windy/ damp weather. I turned up to work slightly wavy and stayed in the building all day. I then walked to station with horrid weather. My hair is still just slightly wavy. I am really impressed! Nothing has ever been this good - my hair isn't as greasy as it normally is either. I really wasn't expecting much from this. I think someone who's hair is a little less curly than mine would definitely be kept straight!

This did not leave it straight but if I'm honest that's never going to happen. This is currently at Superdrug for £3 grab it.

24.10.2014 22:27

Advantages

• "work well"
      • "easy to swallow"
      • "Good for elderly dogs"

Disadvantages

• none

give your aging dog a new lease of life.... one a day will do it

My dog loves to run around, as all dogs really, but as mine is a border collie he tends to have more energy that my local electricity supplier.... about a year or so ago I noticed that he was struggling a little bit to get up from his sleep/nap after we'd been for a bit of a walk. At first I though it was just a bit of stiffness, getting old and that, but he continued to struggle each time. I took him the vet who informed me, after tests/xrays etc. that he was fine, (my dog, not the vet, although the vet was fine after he gave me the bill). He also advise that I give my dog some form of bone protection supplements, actually recommending this one as it did what it was supposed to do at half the cost of some others on the market.
      These come in capsules, which are in liquid form that contain such things as Omega 3, glucosamine and even Vitamin B, all combining to help give my dog and one capsule a day really does exactly what it is supposed to do, which is great for my dog as he's no longer struggling to get up after a long walk/run.
      In fact, my dog actually looks healthier these days after taking these, his coat looks smoother and has a sort of shine to it and he seems happier within himself, a little more relaxed, as if on something from the local dealer down the road.

My dogs is 20 + kg so this means he gets one a day, but other size dogs get more or less, depending on their size of course, but this is explained on the leaflet inside the box.
      It took a few days for the goodness of these pills to take effect on my dog, but that's normal with any sort of drug, for both animals and people, but once it was in his system it was like he was years younger.

A box of these capsules sell for about £7 which is great money indeed, especially for dogs that are on the elderly side of ten....

24.10.2014 22:05

Advantages

• "tie handles help seal the smell off"
      • "good size"
      • "thin yet strong"

Disadvantages

• none

A must for all dog walkers... not just the responsible ones like me....

When you go out and about walking around the country side what is one thing that really annoys you.. ??? (apart from loud people who scream and shout for no reason what so ever)... yes, that's right, chavs... no, I mean dog poop, (although maybe they're on in the same).
      Most dog walkers, responsible ones, carry around with them a stash of what are known in the trade as dog poop bags, some people carry them in a purpose built casing that wraps around the dog lead. But how ever they carry them they are all designed to help dog walkers pick up their pets poop before someone stands on it or worse, falls over and lands face first into it. Dog poop can cause serious health issues in humans, such as toxocariasis, which can cause blindness, especially in children... so where ever you go with your dog it's best to pick up the poop, which means carrying poop bags with you. And these are one type of poop bag that can be bought from most pet stuff selling stockist.

These poop bags are made of a thin but strong plastic and have tie handles so that they are easier to tie up, plus, they have anti-bacterial stuff in the plastic itself which helps illuminate some of the germs that comes out of the dogs bottom, plus, they are scented too so that you don't instantly smell the poop.
      I've had some cheeped bags that seemed ok but have split when I'm either tying them up or, which is worse... you know where I'm going here don't you... when I'm scooping the poop up, which ends with my fingers nails having warm stuff wedge under them until I can get home to wash my hands.
      Once scooped up I drop it in the nearest poop bin, which, around where I walk my dog, used to have spare poop bags in a tray at the side, but now, due to the council cuts, they are no longer filling the tray. This was handy if you forgot your poop bags as there was always some there. But now they've gone there does seem to be more poop on the grass?

They come in packs of 40 or 60, which is plenty really as you only need one, maybe two at the most, when out walking the dog. And at the cost of about £2 per pack, for 60, it's money well sent. I mean, what's £2 compared to a child's sight? Nothing at all.

So, dog owners, take a moment to pick up that poop or we're all going to be swimming in dog poop in the near future.

24.10.2014 20:56

Advantages

• "natural induced effects"
      • "Eases stress on pets"
      • "Easy to give to animal"

Disadvantages

• "May not work on some animals"

Relax your pet over bonfire night without hiring a dog whisperer

It's that time of year again. The fire works are off and running, loud bangs like rockets, and animals terrified to death with each passing bang and screech. For a country that claims to love animals we don't half spend a lot of money on things that, for a few weeks each year, frighten the living daylights out of them. I mean, I'm not against fireworks, I kind of like them, only why do they have to be made to be as loud as a nuclear explosion so that people know they're there? Why not make them without the 'bangs'? They would still be as nice to watch in the sky knowing that your pet animal is not going to have a stress related panic attack with each firework set off.

My dog, along with many other dogs in the country, hates fireworks and ends up barking the night away whilst cowering underneath the nearest table. So for the last few years, every bonfire night period and the run up to new year, I give my dog a little something which is designed to harmlessly help the dog relax enough to not let most of the 'bangs' panic him. And this is it.... it was suggested to me by a friend who runs a local dog kennel as she tended to give some of the dogs this, only she told me that it seemed to work on some but not on others.

This come in a bottle and is a liquid, although you can get other forms, but this is liquid and is easily dripped into my dogs food, which he then eats... it did take a few attempts when first started giving it to him in his food as this has a smell to it, it's not a fishy smell, not quite, but it's almost there. But after a few days he realised that it was not going to hurt him and he has taken it happily ever since.

Does it work..? well, it's no miracle cure for stress but it does calm him down quite a bit, although it does take a few days of giving it to him before he shows signed of relaxing. So I start to drop it in his food a few days before the main fireworks kick in.

It doesn't sedate him like a hippy with a funny fag. It makes them less bothered about the explosion, although he louder ones still make him jump, but he's no longer hiding under the table, he's in the living room with me.

And the cost of this bottle of calming juice is about £5 per 150ml, but as you only need a few drops at a time this should see you through till the new year.

24.10.2014 20:55

Advantages

• Flexible
      • Fast
      • Cheap
      • Quality

Disadvantages

• None!

Better than most competitors.

I was going to a conference for an international organisation and needed business cards for networking. I wanted something that was good quality and considered paying for the cards. But I decided to try EasyPrint's free cards because I thought their logo didn't look cheap and if I mess up with the design at least they were for free.

So I tried out the 250 free business cards and designed them from scratch with the online design tool. The tool took getting used to, and there was a few hiccups so make sure you design them in one go. Because it didn't save the design when going on the next stage, I did end up designing my card 3 times, but that is because I'm meticulous and I did not use a template; I designed my card from scratch. I prefer this to the automatic templates which makes cards look so generic, which is often the case with free cards. I loved the free cards and will consider paying for more once I run out. Even the EasyPrint logo was quality, and The finish was really good too. It's much better than Vistaprint's free cards.

Delivery was quick and I got them in days. The delivery packaging ensures that cards arrive in good condition, and I still can't believe these were free. Absolutely love it!

At the conference, many people told me they love my business card as I put my headshot on it. The quality too must have impressed.

24.10.2014 19:58

Advantages

• "great for lazy people with dogs"
      • "great to help exercise your dog"
      • "low price"
      • "Easy to get used to"

Disadvantages

• "A bit long to slot into handbags"

Throw your balls like a professional athlete

When it comes to throwing a ball for my dog I sometimes wish I could throw it a little bit further. That's not because I don't like my dog? No, I just like to see him run as he loves it so much and the further he runs after something the happier he seems, especially when he's chasing one of his tennis balls.
      So, in order to get the ball a bit further that normal I invested in this, a piece of plastic that claims to get the ball twice as far as just throwing it. I had seen many people on fields with one of these and thought, why not? So I bought one.
      This is a plastic stick really that is about 650mm long and has a tennis ball size head on the far end with a simple flat section on the other end that acts like a handle. The main section in the middle is thin yet remarkably strong but giving enough flexibility to send the ball in the end a lot further than you can throw it by hand.

The ball head is simple and it grips a standard size tennis ball with ease, releasing the ball as you give the stick that subtle flick of the wrist, and the ball flies like a bird in the air, ice and high, and far, so my dog has to really race to it in order to catch it. He loves it, being a Border Collie he enjoys nothing more than running like a madman with his pants on fire.... and he's fast.

The only downside is that it is so long there's no way of hiding it in your bag, so your dog is going to know exactly what's to come. Mine tends to get very carried away when he sees me get this out of the cupboard, although he does sulk when I put it back in....

The cost of this ball throwing stick is a mere £3, roughly. It is possibly the best £3 you'll ever spend when it comes to making sure your dog has a good run and gets the exercise they need whilst you stand in one spot. So it's great for the lazier people, like me.

Well worth getting for those walks around any fields, although don't use it out on the road as people may take offence when hit with a tennis ball as they drive along the road....

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.10.2014 18:42

Advantages

• "Offer the latest technology"
      • "Self-configuration allows for many combinations"
      • "Quick and professional turnaround"
      • "Configuration page very well structured"
      • "Large selection of components"

Disadvantages

• "Promotional PCSPECIALIST logo on the front cover"

Great service, big selection, latest tech, fair prices

The main reasons why we've ordered from PCSpecialist were the large selection of PC components (especially cases), the currentness of the technology (no one else offered the NVIDIA GTX 980 at that time), the fair prices and the fact that their configuration page allowed for more combinations in comparison to the competition.

The PC came in time and was packaged professionally. All manuals, installation software, additional components and spare parts (Cables and screws) came in a nice box.

If there's one negative thing to say it would be the PCSPECIALIST logo they glue onto the front cover. I don't recall that I have agreed on that but I simply might have overlooked the small print. I have ordered that specific case (Fractal Define R4) for it's clean design (sporting a black, brushed aluminium front). But the worst part is, that it's not even centred correctly.

That said, it's the service, the quality of the build and most importantly the overall performance and stability of the machine that outweigh this eyesore on the otherwise great looking case.

At the end of the day you look at the screen rather than stare at the PC itself.

24.10.2014 18:33

Advantages

• Deliciousness
      • Cheapness

Disadvantages

• "Risk of "lumpy yoghurt""
      • Messiness

So - would be ideal if not for the "lumpy yoghurt" risk

Seems like a good idea...a fruit-based cereal With yoghurt dressing in a takeaway pot.
      And in a way it is. I have enjoyed these on my way to work many times.
      BUT - besides the occasional risk of the yoghurt pot "bursting" and causing spillage, there is another practical difficulty which seems to be happening increasingly frequently.
      Very often I find parts of the yoghurt "congealed" - in other words "lumps" of off-milk appear in it. I suspect this may be due to a fault at the manufacturing end rather than the shop end - because these pots are usually "long dated" - the "best before" date is over a month away from the shipping date.

24.10.2014 18:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

A good choice for any amateur

To be honest, I bought this as a first noteworthy product in store.
      The first thing that I noticed when using it was good quality image. I can even say that the image resolution is as good as the average digital camera. I did not expect something like that for price which was 30 pounds when I was buying it. It was a nice surprise, and the camera suits my purposes well (most of the time I'm using it on facebook, skype when I would like to talk with someone on videochat or when I recording clips and videoblogs on youtube).

But let's talk about disadvantages a little. The biggest problem is depth of field. It's really narrow. Another thing, it's focus. The range of focus is from only around 5 feet, where the image covers only about a square foot and is very fuzzy, sometimes even hard to see. If it comes about software, it is easy to use and there are a good amount of settings you can play with to suit your needs. You can adjust the sharpness, color, and a few other basic image qualities as well.

The software works fine. It is easy to use and there are a good amount of settings you can play with to suit your needs.. You can adjust the sharpness, color, and a few other basic image qualities as well. I have only been using this devise for a few weeks and it compares well to other similar USB devices I have used before, primarily differ in quality and what we expect from the product compared to the cost.

• grooves-inc.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.10.2014 18:13

Advantages

• "fast shipping"
      • "great prices"

Disadvantages

top store

one of best stores, lots of items that are in stock, very quick handling & shipping...i would highly recommend this store.

24.10.2014 18:02

Advantages

• "low price????"

Disadvantages

• "cheap and nasty"
      • "don't bounce"
      • "pop in seconds"

Balls that don't bounce.... what's the point..??

All dogs love to chase balls and, with some dogs, especially mine, like to squeeze them in their mouths, which, with most good tennis balls, means nothing at all.
      Sadly though these tennis balls are about as strong as a water balloon in a Pitt-bulls mouth as they pop with the slightest of pressure from the weakest of dogs.
      They look like tennis balls, round, colourful, even having the glued marks that all good tennis balls have that show you the material covering the ball is glued down. But these are no normal tennis balls, even if they look like it. These are a complete waste of money and should not be given to any kind of dog.
      I bought the one packet from Wilkinsons, which I should have know as the price was so low, but you have to try. There was six in the pack, blue, green, yellow, red, pink and orange, although at the end of the day the dogs can't tell the difference in the colours and really doesn't care about what colour they are. All they want to do is chased the thing.

When I took the dog out for a bit of throw and fetch I found out just how bad these balls were. The first one flew through the air ok, going quite far, using a plastic launcher to get a better distance. Then, as the ball hit the deck, it stayed there. There was no bounce to speak of, it simply hit the deck and rolled away. This confused my dog as he expected the bounce, so when he prepared himself for the bouncing ball.
      When he finally realised it was not going to bounce he quickly grabbed it in his mouth, popping it straight away. This happened on the other five balls, so after a matter of minutes, we had 12 halves that were no use as balls at all.

These cost about £2 from wilkinson but to be honest i'd save you money and invest in something that will last a bit longer.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown