16.09.2014 01:41
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Great smell"

Disadvantages

• None

Great smelling deodorant

The impulse deodorant comes in a can. To operate it you need to twist the lid and the press the button. After use twist the lid back. This prevents the deodorant spraying when you don't want it to for example when it's in your bag.
      It's a fruity long lasting smell. This is my favourite one. They are normally on offer in Tesco £1 each. Bargain.

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • The Thin Red Line (DVD) / DVD / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      16.09.2014 01:36
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Unbiased
      • "Honest and brutal"
      • "Deeply emotionally engaging"

Disadvantages

• "Monologues can detract from the film"
      • "Excessively long"

Weighty, honest, film about the soldiers in the heat of battle.

Rating the Thin Red Line is a difficult call. A very difficult call. With this film, you have a deeply engaging tale about the struggles experienced by soldiers in war.

Unlike so many other war films, it strips away the idealistic heroism of one side, and instead portrays war for the sheer brutality that it is, with us seeing the true human cost for both sides - for once the enemy is not a faceless mass, but they are people with the same fears and actions as the protagonists we are supposed to sympathise with. The soundtrack and visuals add to this, giving a vivid portrayal of the raw fear that pervades the battlefield, with the viewer at times feeling (disconcertingly) as if they are present among the carnage.

The performances are what you would expect from such a cast. They are honest and they weave a depth to the film that would probably not be achievable in a shorter movie. But this is where the problems lie - the film becomes too complex. Removing the movie from the source material in this instance may not have been a bad thing - the first two hours carry the weighty message that war is bad, and this is delivered as well as any film that I've seen. Had the film ended here, I may have been tempted to offer it the full five stars.

With some rather obtuse (if not interesting, if you put some thought into them) monologues thrown in, and a perhaps over emphasised imagery questioning the relationship between humans and that of the natural world, it can occasionally feel as if the film is somewhat 'drawn out'.

However, one should not let these points detract from the superior performances and horrendously realistic scenes of human despair (I found that I was less put on edge by the gore, and more by the sheer intensity of the film). Indeed, on a different day where I was less tired or the weather was different I may have offered it four stars.

It may feel epic at the time, but it is a must see, a thinking person's Saving Private Ryan.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 23:56

Advantages

Disadvantages

fantastic series

==The Episodes==

===1. the Pilot===

Five of the friends are hanging out in Central Perk . They are discussing Ross' recent break up with his wife Carol after he found out she was a lesbian, and Monica's upcoming date with a Paul "the wine guy" from work. Into the scene bursts Rachel in full wedding dress. We find out that Rachel has left her "perfect" orthodontist fiancé at the altar, and the only place she could think of to run to was the home of her childhood friend Monica. Monica reluctantly takes her in and convinces her that if she wants to make it without Daddy's money, she better get herself a job.
      We are also let into the secret of Ross' long time crush on the pretty Rachel.

===2. the one with the Sonogram at the end===

===3. The one with the thumb===

Phoebe receives a mistaken payout from her bank, but her attempts to return it or give it to charity are all thwarted. The group fall in collective love with Monica’s new boyfriend Alan, and Chandler starts smoking again.

===4. The one with George Stephanopoulos===

===5. The one with the East German laundry detergent===

===6. The one with the butt===

Chandler finds himself in a polygamous relationship with a beautiful woman. Joey gets a chance to be Al Pacino’s butt double.

===7. The one with the blackout===

===8. The one where nana dies twice===

The whole group go to Ross and Rachel’s grandma’s funeral, where Ross falls into an empty grave. Chandler finds out that many people assume he is gay.

===9. The one where underdog gets away===

===10. The one with the monkey===

Ross gets himself a capuchin monkey as a pet. The no-date pact everyone agrees on for New Year’s Eve fails disastrously.

===11. The one with Mrs Bing===

===12. The one with a dozen lasagnes===

===13. The one with the boobies===

===14. The one with the love hearts===

Ross’ first proper date in 9 years is a disaster when his ex-wife turns up in the same restaurant.

===15. The one with the stoned guy===

Phoebe sets up a job interview for Monica, but the man she has to impress with her cooking skills turns up stoned.

===16. & 17. The one with two parts (part 1) & part 2)===

Ross worries that he is not ready to be a father. Rachel sprains her ankle taking down the Christmas lights

===18. The one with all the poker===

Friendships get stretched as the group play an aggressive game of poker .

===19. The one where the monkey gets away===

===20. The one with the evil orthodontist===

===21. The one with the fake Monica===

===22. The one with the ick factor===

Monica finds out her new boyfriend is a minor. Phoebe temps as Chandler’s secretary.

===23. The one with the birth===

===24. The one where Rachel finds out===

The penny suddenly drops with Rachel and she realises that Ross has been in love with her all along.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 23:52
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Smooths hair "
      • Gentle

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't protect against humidity"
      • "Does nothing for frizz"
      • "Doesn't make hair straight"

Not as sleek as it claims

I got this years ago, when shampoos that promised to make your hair straight weren't everywhere, and anything that did had a tendency to come home with me, especially with a price like this (£3)

The product comes in a clear plastic bottle, nice, effective, the water doesn't get in, the product doesn't get out, what more can you ask for?
      As opposed to other shampoos from Garnier, this one is a clear liquid with a yellowish/greenish tint, it's very runny but it seems to be because of the oil it claims to contain. It also doesn't smell like fruit (that's Garnier's smell, if you're not familiar with it).

This contains apricot and argan oil from Morocco and claims to give the hair shine amd keep it sleek and frizz free, even with humidity.
      The claims in the shampoo are limited but not very true. Comparing this to any other shampoo, the only difference I notice is that it's much more gentle. It definitely didn't make
      my hair silky and soft (let's be honest, that's impossible for me without a ton of conditioner) but it didn't make it as bone-dry as other shampoos. I also noticed that, yes, my hair did feel smoother after using it. However, I still had my fair share of frizz and, having tried it under every single weather condition, I can tell you that I still look like an electrified poodle after going out in the rain.

Would I recommend it? It depends, it's quite a moisturizing shampoo and I've had friends with normal hair who've tried it tell me that it made their hair greasy, so if your hair anything other than dry, I'd advice that you stay away from it. But, if your hair is as dry as mine, absolutely, go for it, your hair will love it.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 23:51
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

fantastic sitcom

==Series 1==

The premise of the story is 6 twenty somethings friends, living, working and looking for love in ‘’’New York City’’’. The 6 are a very close knit group, who support each other through good times and bad, laugh, love, make mistakes, criticise, praise, hang out, work and play. Much of this first series follows the unrequited love of Ross for Rachel, and his repeated bungled attempts to express it.

===Cast===

Jennifer Aniston

Courteney Cox

Lisa Kudrow

Matt LeBlanc

Matthew Perry

David Schwimmer

Created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman

===Special Guest Stars===

===The settings===

There are three main settings for most of the action. Monica’s very large rent controlled apartment which, in this series, she shares with Rachel. Chandler’s and Joey’s smaller apartment across the hall, and Central Perk, their favourite coffee house, where they occupy the now famous sofa.

==The Episodes==

===9. The one where underdog gets away===

Monica goes to a great deal of trouble to cook a thanksgiving meal for them all, which nobody appreciates. They all run up on to the roof to watch the big “Underdog” balloon, which has broken free from the parade route, locking themselves out of the apartment.

===10. The one with the monkey===

Ross gets himself a capuchin monkey as a pet. The no-date pact everyone agrees on for New Year’s Eve fails disastrously.

===11. The one with Mrs Bing===

Chandler’s embarrassing famous mother flies in to New York for TV interviews. Ross gets drunk and kisses her. Monica and Phoebe fight over a crush they develop over a man in a coma.

===12. The one with a dozen lasagnes===

Everyone else has found out what sex Ross’ baby is, but he doesn’t want to be told. Rachel’s boyfriend makes a pass at Phoebe.

===13. The one with the boobies===

After Chandler accidently catches a glimpse of Rachel naked, she reciprocates starting a chain reaction. Joey finds himself advising his father who is having an affair.

===14. The one with the love hearts===

Ross’ first proper date in 9 years is a disaster when his ex-wife turns up in the same restaurant. Chandler breaks up with his on-off love interest Janice once again, this time on Valentines Day. Rachel, Phoebe and Monica meet some handsome firemen when they have a boyfriend fire.

===15. The one with the stoned guy===

Phoebe sets up a job interview for Monica, but the man she has to impress with her cooking skills turns up stoned. Chandler quits his job as a data processer hoping to find something more interesting to do.

===16. The one with two parts (part 1) ===

Ross worries that he is not ready to be a father. Rachel sprains her ankle taking down the Christmas lights, and has to switch identities with Monica when she realises she has no health insurance. Joey starts dating Phoebe’s twin sister Ursula and Ross’ monkey is getting more out of control.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 23:46
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

one of the best sitcoms of all time

==Series 1==

Series one of this phenomenally successful '''American sitcom''' consists of a 24 episodes, and was first aired in September 1994. The series was a big hit with firstly American audiences and later with a worldwide following which grew and grew with each subsequent series.

===Cast===

'''Jennifer Aniston''' as Rachel Green, a spoilt daddy's girl who has had everything handed to her on a sliver spoon her whole life.

'''Courteney Cox''' as Monica Geller. A tough, slightly OCD, New York chef. She is the older sister of Ross, but completely ignored by her parents in favour of their beloved younger son. She has a flat overlooking the park where much of the action takes place

'''Lisa Kudrow''' as Phoebe Buffay A flaky, cooky girl, slightly psychic from a broken home, who has spent time living on the streets, and is now a masseur and unpaid singer. She was Monica’s flatmate but has just moved out.

'''Matt LeBlanc''' as Joey Tribbiani an empty-headed stud, who shares the flat opposite to Monica's with Chandler. Joey is an out of work actor and his fantastic success with women is only matched by his love of food.

'''Matthew Perry''' as Chandler Bing, the comedian of the bunch, Chandler hides his feeling under corny jokes. His awkwardness and lack of success with women is not helped by sharing a flat with Joey.

'''David Schwimmer''' as Ross Geller, Monica’s brother, highly educated, overly mothered, nervous, and geeky. Ross is a successful Palaeontologist.

==The Episodes==

===5. The one with the East German laundry detergent===

Ross and Rachel wind up alone together in the laundrette, where Rachel wins her first New York stand off, and Ross once again attempts to reveal his feelings. Joey and Monica double date.

===6. The one with the butt===

Chandler finds himself in a polygamous relationship with a beautiful woman. Joey gets a chance to be Al Pacino’s butt double.

===7. The one with the blackout===

New York has a major power cut. Chandler finds himself stuck in a bank ATM area alone with a supermodel. Rachel and Phoebe have to hunt for an escaped cat and meet their new hunky Italian neighbour.

===8. The one where nana dies twice===

The whole group go to Ross and Rachel’s grandma’s funeral, where Ross falls into an empty grave. Chandler finds out that many people assume he is gay.

===Conclusion===

I have been a huge fan of Friends since the early episodes were aired in the UK, and I am luck enough to own a boxed set of all 10 series, which I watch on a regular basis. I am sure that everyone has heard of this series, but if you have never actually watched it, give it a go, you won’t regret it.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 23:44
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

with friends like these who need s enemies

==Series 1==

Series one of this phenomenally successful '''American sitcom''' consists of a 24 episodes, and was first aired in September 1994.

===Cast===

Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green

Courteney Cox as Monica Geller

Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay

Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani

Matthew Perry as chandler bing

David Schwimmer as ross gelller

==The Episodes==

===1. the Pilot===

Five of the friends are hanging out in '''Central Perk''' . They are discussing Ross' recent break up with his wife Carol after he found out she was a lesbian, and Monica's upcoming date with a Paul "the wine guy" from work. Into the scene bursts Rachel in full wedding dress. We find out that Rachel has left her "perfect" orthodontist fiancé at the altar, and the only place she could think of to run to was the home of her childhood friend Monica. Monica reluctantly takes her in and convinces her that if she wants to make it without Daddy's money, she better get herself a job.
      We are also let into the secret of Ross' long time crush on the pretty Rachel.

===2. the one with the Sonogram at the end===

Ross' ex-wife informs him that she is pregnant with his child, and that she and her lesbian lover are going to raise it. Ross and Monica’s parents visit sending her into OCD overload. Rachel has to return her engagement ring, and she and Ross console each other.

===3. The one with the thumb===

Phoebe receives a mistaken payout from her bank, but her attempts to return it or give it to charity are all thwarted. The group fall in collective love with Monica’s new boyfriend Alan, and Chandler starts smoking again.

===4. The one with George Stephanopoulos===

Chandler and Joey take Ross to a ball game to cheer him up, where he gets hit in the mouth by the ball. Rachel is depressed when her spoilt and rich former friends turn up in the café where she works

===Conclusion===

I have been a huge fan of Friends since the early episodes were aired in the UK, and I am luck enough to own a boxed set of all 10 series, which I watch on a regular basis. I am sure that everyone has heard of this series, but if you have never actually watched it, give it a go, you won’t regret it.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 22:39
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not worth £9.45

I found this toy mole on zooplus.co.uk, I payed rather a lot for it £9.45 with delivery, I have seen them cheaper so I just think I got the timing wrong on this, I should of waited until they lowered the price! The mole comes covered in fur, the paws/hands feet are like a felt material & it has a squeaker inside it. to be honest, I was a bit disappointed, for the price I payed I thought it would of been bigger and tougher.

My cat goes wild for ANYTHING that has catnip, so this cute little mole could of been anything really - I just wanted it for her because it looks good! I gave the mole to my cat and as expected she had a whale of a time, she was on her back holding it up with her front paws whilst kicking it with her back feet - she was purring loud and licking it - everything was going well .... until the dog got hold if it and tore it to bits!!!

The mole did last a few hours and the cat did have a lot of fun with the mole so it is a shame the dog stole it off her. I would defiantly buy one of these moles again, however I would not pay nearly £10 for one - I don't think it is worth that much because there are lots of cat toys with cat nip in the shops, so this in my opinion was well over priced. I will look out for a cheaper on and keep it away from the dog next time!

Comments

• Filth (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      More +
      15.09.2014 21:59
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Great soundtrack"
      • " dark humour"
      • Gritty
      • "Wickedly satirical"

Disadvantages

Filth pulls no punches, and the result is a very fine piece of work.

A film that on first glance looks like it's going to be another Trainspotting in so many ways demonstrates it to be that fantastic film's superior. Going out with all guns blazing from the outset, we get to see a tough, gritty, Scotland through the eyes of our increasingly drug-addled protagonist.

McAvoy brilliantly plays the part of a corrupt policeman in his merciless attempt to connive his way to a much-coveted promotion that will solve his life's woes. And it is this performance that is truly the standout of the film as he descends deeper and deeper into the depths of depravity. But, where other scriptwriters would have been happy to allow the character to be a one-dimensional buffoon (which, don't get me wrong, can work wonders in the right setting) we see a performance brimming with emotion. Behind the eyes of a pure hedonist we see a tortured soul, someone desperate for redemption yet unwilling to bend his path to self-destruction.

But it's not just McAvoy's performance that makes the film, it's the cast as a whole. Whether it's Eddie Marson's wealthy but repressed accountant or Imogen Poot's ambitious detective - a chief rival to McAvoy's ambition - every character has a place in the story, and the plot would be very much demeaned without any of them.

The acting on display is backed up by spectacular stylistic choices, ranging from the settings to the riproaring soundtrack (honestly, I'd say one of the best film soundtracks of recent times) to the slightly-ambiguous chronological setting.

Everything in this film comes together to form a witty satire on modern policing. Gritty in some places, intensely dark in others, the story told is of such an unexpected depth, it's easy for a viewer to be blown away.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 21:54
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Nice strong bowl

I have bought a few pet bowls in my time! These bowls, I bought from a small pet shop in town.

I bought 2 of these bowls one each for my guinea pigs. I got 2 pink ones, there were other colours as well - Light blue & dark blue and cream with brown. The bowls all have a picture in the center and around the sides. My bowls have pictures of guinea pigs .. I think that's what they are! I got 2 bowls for £5 because they were on offer.

I think it is a decent size ceramic bowl and although my guinea pigs can push it with their nose, they cant tip it over! With it being ceramic, it is easy to clean and dry everyday.

As well as owning 2 of the pink bowls, I also have 2 of the smaller cream/brown ones which I think are just the right size for a hamster, I had these given to me a few years ago and they have lasted really well - I would say the pink ones are better sized for a guinea pig. I use the smaller cream/brown dishes just to put treats in when I let the guinea pigs out in their runs.

I would buy more of these again if I could find them - They stopped selling them in my local pet shop and they are not in the pet shop in town either. I will have to look on line! I would recommend anyone buy this bowl if your after a strong bowl that will last years.

Comments

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      15.09.2014 21:51

Advantages

• "totaly custom"

Disadvantages

• "not brilliant customer service"
      • "can be slow at arrive"

Good product, customer service not brilliant

Very happy with my laptop, it took slightly longer to arrive than estimated, i was told my cpu was end of life and to arrange a different cpu, when i phoned i was told it wasn't end of life just out of stock. I upgraded the cpu to avoid waiting for more stock and my order was prioritised for the inconvenience. It arrived shortly after. There was a slight problem with the card reader and the customer service advisor couldn't really help, he just said i must be misunderstanding what i had ordered and he didn't really help me at all.

Comments

• Nokia Lumia 925 / Smartphone / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      15.09.2014 21:33
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Highly customisable"
      • "Sleek design"
      • "Smart interface"

Disadvantages

• "Case is quick to show wear"
      • "Lack of apps"

A very solid phone with a pleasing interface.

A smart, sleek, smartphone. In terms of design quality it holds its own against any other smartphone on the market. With a massive scope for customisation it's possible to play with the main screen tile layout, the lock screen and the colour scheme to your hearts content, to create a wonderfully personalised phone.

In terms of performance, you certainly aren't let down. With no hang-ups in processing speed, it's got a fair amount of power back there, and the reliability thus far has been faultless. This is aided by a smart, user-friendly, interface that proves to be more intuitive than many of the competitors out there. Indeed, with the updates in the operating system with Windows 8.1, many of the features that were frustratingly missing, such as an easily-accessible summary of notifications, have been incorporated into the phone.

However, minor grumbles come in the form of complaints about the longevity of the aesthetics. After a couple of months of jangling about in my pocket (yes, a responsible owner may use a case...) the pretty brushed aluminium edges start to become worn. A purely cosmetic complaint, but it's something that may bother the most style conscious.

Finally, there's the good old issue of the sheer lack of quality apps (or, perhaps more precisely, lack of apps that can by found on Apple/Android platforms). While there are good third party imitations, many people may be put off by the inability to keep up with the lack of social media and productivity apps when they are comparing to the other bit name operating systems.

Nevertheless, this situation is improving, and will only do so as more Windows phones a bought.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 20:43
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Cheap and does the job!

My 2 guinea pigs are kept in separate cages / hutchand each have a water bottle attached to their cage. I have a large collection of water bottles that I have tried and tested over the years. I got mine from my local pet shop for £2.99 each. I bought one blue and one yellow, they also make them in red as well.

The bottles are easy to use, you simply attach to the cage with the bendable wire that comes with the bottle. Once you have hooked the bottle on to the cage it will hold the water bottle in place. At first I thought the bottle would slip down, but it actually doesn't - it does stay in place.

The bottle itself is made from plastic. It has a top that you can unscrew so you can then fill up the bottle with water. Once the bottle is on the cage there are no leaks - I have never had any drips of water, the top seems very secure. On the side of the bottles there is a gauge to allow you to monitor how much your Guinea pig (or any other pet) is drinking.

My water bottles came with a bottle brush which makes it easy to clean as the brush reaches right down to the bottom of the bottle and all around the sides of the bottle.

One negative point - I buy new bottles every few months, this is only because I like the water to be super clean for my piggies and because the bottles are coloured it can be a difficult to tell if all the build up has been cleaned.

Comments

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      More +
      15.09.2014 20:29
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Excellent value for money and service"

Disadvantages

Excellent website and great value for money

Secret sales is an excellent website offering real quality at fantastic prices. They have a fantastic range of designer items, clothes, jewelry, watches, fragrances, home-ware etc with new sales daily. You have to be quick because things get snapped up. There's usually a good range of sizes for each item. If you're going to buy more than 6 items in a calendar year, you can even pay £30 for free delivery (normally £4.95). Their customer service is excellent as I have just discovered this morning, and they have a very good returns service. I would highly recommend this site to anybody.

Comments

• More +
      15.09.2014 20:14
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "NIce as a stock "

Disadvantages

• "Horrible as a soup "

This is NOT soup !

Someone who shall remain nameless bought me the Gillian McKeith cookbook for Christmas this year and as I am attempting to lose weight and eat more healthy food, I decided to take Ms McKeith’s advice and invest in some Miso Soup (as this is what she recommended) and I paid £2.99 for 6 x 8g packets of this instant ‘soup’, as it’s supposed to be healthy and full of flavour. It’s fairly widely available to buy and I had no bother in finding this version at my local Tesco.

The ingredients are:

Original Miso (Gluten Free): Hatcho Miso (made from aged and fermented soya beans, water, sea salt, koji [aspergillus oryzae]), Onions, Spring Onions, Wakame Seaweed.

I tried this, as suggested in the book, as a ‘warming and hearty soup’. It’s very easy to make by simply adding water to one sachet and stirring thoroughly into a large mug. I would say this soup was warming, yes, but as for ‘hearty’, no – not by a long stretch of the imagination. It was thin and salty and really quite unappetizing. In fact, I would say that the only thing I can really compare it to is like drinking vegetable stock cubes which have been dissolved in water. I was very thirsty after drinking a mug of this and I didn’t like the taste one little bit.

I have, however, used it as a stock for the last batch of vegetable soup I made just yesterday and it went down very well, all the family said how tasty the soup was and I must admit that it tasted nicer than when I use my normal Tesco stock cubes.

Overall, I think I will continue to buy this as an alternative to using my regular stock cubes for soups and casseroles but I am afraid I won’t be drinking it on its own again as a soup – it’s really not nice.

Recommended – but not as a soup.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66117
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37651

* Prices may differ from that shown