28.11.2014 10:24

Advantages

• "Guinea pigs like to sleep in it"

Disadvantages

• "Doesn't really work as a toilet"

Guinea pigs treat this as a bed

We have four guinea pigs, who live in a huge cage in the living room, and they take a lot of mucking out. As they tend to go to the loo all over their cage, my partner wondered if a litter tray would help to contain things in the one area, so we bought one of these corner litter trays.

Apparently guinea pigs can be toilet trained at all ages, and you should wait until you think they are ready to use the loo before lifting them in to the litter tray (there are some physical signs when they need the loo). I must admit we haven't really invested enough time in doing this, bar lifting them into the litter tray a few times, so it's not their fault that they aren't properly trained!

Our lot certainly don't mind this litter tray being in their cage, and they will happily go to the loo in it. Unfortunately, they will also happily go to sleep in it, and we have found that it doubles up as an extra guinea pig bed (the other thing they like to treat as a bed is their hay rack, which is meant to be for feeding, but at any given time one of our piggies will be lying happily nestled in the eating hay, even though their cage also contains a lovely soft fleece blanket).

You could say this corner litter tray hasn't been an unqualified success as a guinea pig toilet. On the plus side, it is made from sturdy plastic, was not an expensive item (you can buy them online for about 5GBP) and it's just the right size for a guinea pig to curl up and sleep in! Maybe these things are more suited to rabbits, but we don't regret buying ours anyway. It adds another bit of 'furniture' to their cage and I don't think that's a bad thing, as it makes their environment a bit less boring and they seem to like to have different places to explore within the cage.

28.11.2014 10:17

Advantages

• "Smells nice"

Disadvantages

A Shampoo, But Not A Miracle In A Bottle

I bought this product because it carries schwarzkopf name. I love this particular brand and have been a loyal consumer for years now. I always have a nice experience with their hair products, from hair colouring to hair mask. So, when I bought this home, I did have a high expectation that it would do wonder to my dry damaged hair - because it says it is supposed to repair hair.

I have to say that I was just a little bit disappointed with this shampoo. It does smell quite nice, but the liquid texture is a little bit too runny for my liking. It does feel light when I apply it but at the same time it does not do anything except for cleaning the dirt and grease from my hair. Shortly, not only that it does not do wonder as I expected, it did not even do what it says in the packaging - to repair hair (which presumably damaged).

I am not sure if it is because I only bought the shampoo and did combine it with the Oil Nutritive conditioner, but if it is so, then I can say that this should not be pitched as a hair repair shampoo.

It has a very affordable price. I bought one from pound store, for... well.. one quid. I thought it was a bargain for a schwarzkopf product. But now I thought I would rather pay a little bit more for a better result.

I would not recommend this product as a solution if you have a damaged dry hair which would need an extra attention. But if you do like the smell, go for it because it is cheap and does what shampoo does... cleanse.

28.11.2014 09:59

Advantages

• "Smells beautiful"

Disadvantages

Creamy Bubble Bath, With Lovely Scent

I did not like bathing too often. Yes, it could be very relaxing, especially after a long cold windy day, but my problem is that having a hot bath usually dry my skin. So I've been suggested to use bath creams instead of bath soak. Since last year, I started using Imperial Leather shower cream products because it says it is a "nourishing bath cream".

I found this product on offer for £1 at Wilkinson. However, I have seen many supermarkets and Boots sold this with the similar offer. The reason why I chose this particular Japanese Spa fragrance is because I have never tried this one. I am pretty sure it was new fragrance when I bought it.

Imperial Leather nourishing bath cream products always have nice smell, including this one. I love the smell, and if you haven't noticed, it is really nice to bubble bath in a nice smelling hot tub.

Does the cream actually nourish my skin? I could not say it does. It is much better than using the regular bath soak, but soaking in a hot water would strip my skin out of its natural moisturiser anyway. But what I could say is that using bath cream helps to reduce the dryness.

What I also noticed is that it probably does not bubble as much as a regular bath soak. I am not sure if it is because it is has a creamy texture, or that I have not put enough products in the water.

Overall, this is a nice product I would recommend.

28.11.2014 09:57

Advantages

• "It feels like luxury to use"
      • "It smells very beautiful "

Disadvantages

• "It makes my skin dry"

The body shop papaya shower gel

WHAT IS IT?

This is shower gel that is made by the Body Shop. It has got a fragrance of papaya.

WHAT I THINK

I like this shower gel very much but I cannot use it all of the time because it makes my skin feel very dry and I have to use body cream always after I have used it. My skin is not dry and it is not usual for shower gel to affect me like that and the Body Shops are usually very suited to my skin.

It has got a very strong smell of papaya and I think it smells like it is very exotic. You get alot of bubbles from this shower gel and I am happy about that because they are very thick and soft so having a shower with this feels like luxury.

I feel very clean after I have used this papaya shower gel but you have to take care to rinse it properly off your skin because if you don't it can make your skin feel very itchy. It does not rinse off as quick and easy as other the Body Shop shower gel and I do not know why because it feels like it has got the same texture.

I do not think my skin feels soft after I have used this shower gel and that is a pity because it has got a fragrance that I like very much and I would like to use it more often but I cannot because I know that it has a bad effect on my skin.

ANYTHING ELSE

I could not remember how much this cost and I have just looked on the website for the Body Shop and they have removed it from sale so even if I liked it more I would not be able to easy buy it again unless I bought it from Ebay and I do not like to buy cosmetic produce from there.

3 Dooyoo Hearts.

28.11.2014 08:20

Advantages

• "Leaves skin clean"

Disadvantages

• "Very gentle "

Gentler than expected but good at helping with spots

I discovered the range of tea tree products from the Body Shop when my skin had broken out and I had a few painful spots on my chin and forehead. I don’t suffer from spots that often but occasionally I will have a breakout which is painful and unsightly.

Someone told me to try the Body Shop tea tree products as they had used them for their spots and they had cleared them right up.
      There are loads of different products in the range to try but the main staples for anyone should be the face wash, the lotion and this the scrub.

You use the scrub in place of the face wash a couple of times a week to exfoliate your skin and to really work deep down into the pores to clean them hopefully eliminating blackheads and spots.

I like the smell of this as the tea tree in it is strong but it isn’t overpowering. I also really like the green colour as it isn’t often things that you put on your face are green. The consistency isn’t like I expected however as it wasn’t quite as grainy as I expected.

I expected this to really be grainy and quite harsh but it is actually quite smooth. There isn’t nearly as many grains in it as I would expect from a scrub. I would have expected more as it doesn’t exfoliate as much as it should really. I like to use a scrub before shaving to open my pores and also get my stubble standing up as this is supposed to help minimise razor bumps but this doesn’t really feel as though it is doing that.

Although it isn’t as exfoliating and grainy as expected it is still good just much more gentle than I expected. This does mean that instead of only being able to use it a couple of times a week you could use it more often because it is so gentle that it isn’t going to damage your skin.

It does leave skin feeling soft and very clean and in time it does help to make a difference with spots and blackheads it just will take a little bit longer to work.

It’s a good scrub but very gentle and I wouldn’t recommend using it on its own but in combination with the wash and the other products in the range it will really make a difference in clearing up spots and blemishes and giving you clearer skin.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 1 Rating
      28.11.2014 07:51

Advantages

• "Good communication "
      • "Thorough installation instructions "
      • "Good packaging "
      • "Well built"
      • "Quick build "

Disadvantages

Excellent product and customer service.

I received my computer within 2 weeks of ordering. It arrived well packed and from a good courier service. Set up was easy with the given instructions and it works perfectly. I'm really pleased with the whole service and the final product.

28.11.2014 07:04

Advantages

Disadvantages

A great super fruity body butter

The Satsuma body butter is one of the body shops best selling products. Having used this myself I can completely understand why!

The body shop sell a range of body butters including cocoa butter, coconut, vitamin E, shea, moringa, hemp and Mango. They all cost the same price, £13. I feel that this is quite a high price given the size of the pot but the body shop frequently have sales when you can pick up the body butters at a reduced price.

The Body butters are designed to 'keep your skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated for up to 24 hours'. They are packaged in a plastic shallow tub with screw top lid. Each pot contains 200 ml of body butter.

The satusma version has a zingy, invigorating satsuma fragrance which I love. I find it really uplifting and love to use it in the morning as it so fresh and revitalising. The butter is lovely and rich and feels luxurious to use. It is much thicker than a body lotion and requires scooping from the pot. However, it is quickly absorbed and leaves my skin feeling fantastic. It contains shea butter for moisturising (sourced via the community fair trade initiative) which results in my skin feeling smooth and nourished. This feeling tends to last all day although I'm not sure whether it lasts the promised 24 hours! The fragrance also lingers on the skin, especially if you are using the rest of the satsuma products.

The body shop sell a range of products to compliment this body butter. In the matching fragrance you can also purchase shower gel, soap, hand cream and cleansing gel, body mist and various other products.

In summary, this is a great product but I would only recommend it if you like super fruity fragrances. If not, I would recommend trying one of the more neutral body butters such as shea or vitamin E. Despite loving the product, I still think that 13 pounds is a little too expensive so have deducted one dooyoo heart because of this.

28.11.2014 01:50

Advantages

• "help with spots "

Disadvantages

• cost

A really nice spot controlling refreshing wipe

As someone with spot prone skin I love my Witch hazel products as such I often have some Witch products on the go, these are one of my favourite wipes.

The Product ....

The product is a pack of facial cleansing and toning wipes designed for use on spot prone or combination skin. The wipes have witch hazel on them which helps calm spots and has an antibacterial property that stops future breakouts.

The Packing ....

These come in a very basic green package with the witch logo in the middle, there is a small clear plastic section that can be pulled back to reveal a hole to remove a wipe and then pressed back into place to reseal the packet.

To Use ....

You simply open the pack, remove one wipe and use it to remove makeup and dirty from the skin, dispose of the wipe once used and repeat until they come away from the skin clean.

Cost ....

There are 25 wipes in a packet and they cost around £2.99 a pack

Thoughts ....

I find these really good on my oily skin but they maybe a little harsh on dry skin. They have a really refreshing scent that I really like and leave my skin feeling really refreshed. I do find that they help with breakouts for me but I do find that a pack of 25 barely lasts me 2 weeks so is an expensive item to use all the time.

One thing I do like is the thickness of the wipe, they are not too thick but enough that you can give a decent rub to get off hard to remove make up.

Summary ....

A really good product, more suited to oily or combination problem skin. A little costly but removes makeup well and does help control spots.

• MAC Eyeshadow / Make Up / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      28.11.2014 01:27

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good eye shadow but costly for what it is

I have bought several of these over the years mainly when I have been matching up with a lipstick if I am honest because I find them a little expensive.

The product ....

The product is a solid eye shadow in its own little plastic container made by Mac cosmetics.

The Packing ....

The product comes in a small black plastic pot that has a clear lid that is hinged at the back. The lid of the product is clear which is handy for seeing the exact colour of the eye shadow inside the pot.

The eye shadow is in a solid circle disc inside the pot.

What I like/dislike ....

The pigment of the product is really nice and it blends really nicely on my skin lasting a good 8-10 hours without creasing.

I find these eyeshadows stop coming out of the pot after a bit of use, however I discovered if I scratched the surface off then they were ok again.

I dislike that these pots come with no applicator which is a let down for the cost.

Cost ....

These eye shadow singles cost around £11 per eye shadow which is a lot of money but I have used some of mine for a good few years and there is still not much gone from them so they do get a good amount for the cost.

Summary ....

I like these for their staying power, the fact I can match my lipsticks and liners but I do find them costly for what they are and I really would prefer if they changed the pots to allow for a mirror and applicator. Other than that a nice product that lasts a long time.

28.11.2014 00:53

Advantages

• Everything

Disadvantages

• "Not all that moisturising"

Keeps me smelling sweet all day!

Just recently, on the run up to Christmas I have been trying to use up all of my half used up (and the likes!) of bath and body products and this I have been using all week to simply finish it off in the hope that I shall be getting some lovely goodies off Santa!

This usually costs £4.00 for a 250ml bottle, I bought mine when on holiday a while back as I forgot to take my shower gel with me and if my memory serves me correctly I bought it for £2.00 on offer so if interested in purchasing this do keep your eyes peeled for it when it is on offer!

The bottle this comes in is see through plastic so you can see the lovely rich red coloured shower gel in it and it has a flip top lid to the top of it concealing a small hole and on the bottle we are told what it is and who it is by and things like the size and ingredients used in it plus contact details for the manufacturer are clearly listed. Its a nice looking and high quality looking bottle I think.

Using It:

This is designed to be used as a bath or shower gel. I have noticed other people in their reviews have said that they use it as a bubble bath and this is not that without using loads of the product, it really doesn't make a lot of bubbles so when The Body Shop say to use it in the bath they obviously mean use it 'in' the bath.

I find that a little of this red, transparent gel goes a very long way indeed. It smells wonderfully rich and sweet and like naturally of strawberries and not fake or chemically so.

It lathers up nicely, releases its scent and feels soft and gentle in use. I can easily shave my bits and bobs with this is and it rinses off easily.

My skin is left feeling really fresh, I smell nice all day and it doesn't agitate my sensitive skin at all.

I wouldn't say that this product is all that moisturising however it doesn't dry my skin out either and all in all I really like this one and feel that even at its full retail price its worth if you like strawberries!

Only available from The Body Shop.

28.11.2014 00:33

Advantages

• Everything

Disadvantages

• "Pricey if not bought on offer"

Butter up in strawberries!

Not very often do I shop in The Body Shop. I find the place rather expensive, in fact very over priced on a lot items however I do like the sales that they have on from time to time. I bought a tub of this some time ago on offer for a fiver from £13.00, loving a bargain I found it hard to resist lol.

The tub this comes in is plastic with a twist on/off lid to the top of it and on the tub we are clearly told what it is and who it is by, the size is stated (200ml) as are contact details for The Body Shop, its a nice looking tube this and its nice and robust.

Using It:

This 'butter' is light pink in colour and quite thick. A little of it goes a very long way indeed and its smells richly and distinctly of strawberries and although it smells of strawberries it isn't harsh or too strong, its nicely sweetened however after applying it I do have to wait a while before popping my deodorant and perfume and so on, on or the scents mingle with it and I don't appreciate that at all.

This is suitable for normal to dry skin and I find this to absorb into my skin quite quickly leaving no residue of grease or anything on my skin enabling me to dress soon after applying it and I can apply this straight after shaving without my skin getting sore.

My skin is left feeling really supple and soft after using this and using it on a regular basis has sorted out little dry skin issues I did have.

Basically this is a very nice good quality body butter. At £13.00 a tub that does seem steep however it is highly moisturising and highly effective and in my opinion worth it particularly if you have very dry skin. I like the scent though prefer to use this before bed rather than daytime and a little of this goes a long way.

Like I stated earlier I have had my tub for ages now and only just finished it and that was with very regular use so my advice....keep your eyes open for it on offer!

Only available from The Body Shop.

This review is also posted on Ciao under this same username.

28.11.2014 00:26

Advantages

• "in love with this"

Disadvantages

• none

Simply THE Best! No hesitation there.

I had been waiting for ages to try this foundation primer from Laura Mercier, the main reason being that I had heard so many people talking about the exact product online I began to think that I was missing out on something.

I found a beauty box with this product in it and immediately subscribed. I have never looked back since starting with My Little Box! This product should have cost around thirty pounds just for the 30 ml product that was in it but the whole box was just £15. I wish I'd bought more now I have tried it, it is the best ever primer!

What's so good about it?

The primer itself is a peachy colour and it is ultra hydrating and it really just leaves your skin glowing. I could leave the house just wearing this alone, it is so good.

My thoughts
      This sets your skin up for success. It reduces the amount of foundation you need to use and fills in any creases or lines or wrinkles so that you can just gloss over them with your foundation. The peachy colour also evens out uneven skin tone so there's another win. It is worth spending a bit more on the base when it sets your skin up so perfectly.

Final word
      I really can see and understand why people are raving about this product. I am wanting mine to last as long as possible (putting off an eventual purchase I am sure!) so I only use mine for special days and occasions!

28.11.2014 00:18

Advantages

• "gloss finish"
      • "holds style"

Disadvantages

• none

Hairspray I could not live without

When I won a prize from the Mail on Sunday You Magazine, I took a trip to the London training centre for Goldwell hair salons and had an amazing straightening hair treatment as did my friend. We left with a hand picked goody bag to suit our respective hair styles.

This hairspray, the magic finish number three gloss style sign brilliance hairspray (what a name!) was included in a massive 300ml bottle and it was one of the most handy products in the bag as I always use a little hair spray to finish my hair style off when I put it up. I often wear the front bit up in as style at work to keep hair out of my eyes.

The spray from this can is fine and it does lightly hold my hair without making it go rock hard.

Price wise, this hair spray is not as expensive as you'd think despite the brand. You can pick up smaller cans from five pounds on Amazon.

I would look to buy this hairspray again in the future as I have enjoyed using it and continue to enjoy it as I still have over half a can left! It is low in fragrance too which is important as I hate to smell like hairspray when I waft past people especially if that is stronger and more lingering than my expensive perfumes! I think this brand and particular hair spray from their extensive range is excellent and would highly recommend it to you.

28.11.2014 00:10

Advantages

• "leave in treatment"

Disadvantages

• price

Liquid silk for hair.

When I visited the central London Goldwell training centre I had won a treatment for myself and a friend and we left with our shiny straight hair and a bag full of hand selected goodies that were suitable for our hair types.

This leave in cream treatment the kerasilk rich keratin care silk fluid is a smoothing treatment for unmanageable and damaged hair. No one likes to think of their hair being described in this manner (surely it can't be that bad?) but sadly I think it is true of my over treated hair!

In use, I just pump out two to three times from this bottle to get an acorn sized blob of cream and I work this in to my hair when it is towel dried although you can use it on dry hair too.

The beauty of this cream is that it does not weigh down hair and it is nice and smoothing on my hair so the silk fluid name is a great name for it.

This product is not cheap but it goes a long way. Expect to pay around £15 for a 100 ml bottle.

I forgot I had this for a while, but used it since the summer and there is over half left so it does last a long time and only a tiny amount is used each time.

This does seem like an extra step to hair care and I usually only use one product in my hair when blow drying so I just don't have time to use so much each time so I will probably not buy this again in the future.

• Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum / Hair Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.11.2014 00:03

Advantages

• "simple to use"

Disadvantages

• none

Good price for a high quality serum.

Glossy Box the monthly beauty box which sends a box of surprises through your door each month is a great way to make new beauty discoveries without breaking the bank. I am most unadventurous with my hair and really need to start grooming it a bit more as I tend to give it a quick brush before dashing out the door and a wash and condition every other day. That's about it.

I have had serums for my hair before but sometimes I felt they were making my hair greasy before its time.

With the Toni and guy hair serum you get the right balance and I just apply it to the lengths and ends to get a nice shine on the hair. It doesn't make the hair at all greasy and if anything it gives my hair a more straight appearance and helps it to not get so knotty during the day. I will never work out how my hair gets so knotty underneath but sometimes it gets in to a right state, I bet I have some really short hair from that area!

I really rate this serum product and it can be picked up from Boots for just £7 which is a good price I think. I used cheaper serums and they just did not provide the same results.

The key to using this product successfully is to use it carefully and sparingly. I have two bottles that are sized 30ml and I think it will be lasting me for ages.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown