• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      29.08.2015 00:48

Advantages

• Choice
      • Quality
      • Price

Disadvantages

Quality, quick and communication is excellent!

I ordered business cards and the quality of the cards I received were excellent! They were also delivered before the due date which was very helpful!
      The process of uploading the design and completing the order was good, although Print24 are for people who are experienced at ordering printing products. Some of the options in the ordering process are quite technical. You need to know about colour spaces (e.g. CMYK), finishing types, printing processes etc. Having said this, help is provided throughout the ordering process which explains what is required.

Print 24 also offer a trial of 250 free business cards which I have tried and they came out really well. They do not reduce the quality but do print their logo on the back of each card. Worth a try to test their finish quality.

I like Print 24 also because of the wide variety of printing products available. I have found many online printers but Print24 has one of the widest selection of printing products. This says to me that they know what they are doing and you know you can get everything you need from the one place. You also need to add bleeding edges to your designs to make sure all artwork fits to the product.

Print24 communicate well throughout the processso you are never unsure about the progress of your order. They let you know if there is any issue and suggest how to resolve it. You can easily contact them to raise questions and expect a quick response, as I received.

All round good service and would recommend to everyone looking for professional results

29.08.2015 00:17

Advantages

• "good campaigne"
      • "addictive multiplayer"
      • "great graphics"

Disadvantages

• none

A must have

this game is a great game for everyone weather you like story mode or multilayer this is a game for you i wouldnt recommend buying it for rrp of £55 because if you own xbox live i would recommend purchasing ea access which is £20 a year which also comes with 13 other games. anyway lets get back to the game the multilayer is like nothing before it has various dlc and game modes with various camos for gun and vehicle as well as that you can put various attachment on the many weapons this game is amazing the story has various endings and outcomes depending on what you do.

29.08.2015 00:09

Advantages

• Graphics

Disadvantages

• story

I would recommend this game to anyone who has no games on their current console

although the graphics are amazingly detailed and the scenery is undeniably flawless the game is massively let down by the lack of quality in story and detail in story, the game seems incomplete and seems more like a add on to the series that is assassins creed 3, I would recommend this game to anyone who has no games on their current console however it is not worth no more than £10 due to the lack of content in the campaign. I only own this game because of Xbox lives games with gold scheme however without that I would not have played it

28.08.2015 23:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

Mysterious and Entertaining

Recently, I have become far more interested in TV shows, something that never really appealed to me as I always preferred movies. However, Pretty Little Liars is one of the shows I have recently succumbed to.

The premise of the TV show explores four girls who are best friends, who are reunited a year after one of their best friends went missing. They all start to receive anonymous texts from someone who calls themselves 'A'. 'A' begins to torment them, always seeming one step ahead of them, and blackmailing them into many tricky situations. The girls group together to try and find out who this mysterious person is and how to stop them.

Although at times the premise is a little fantastical, in this world of modern technology, seeing the power it weals over these girls is quite frightening to watch. Not only does the show keep you on your toes with the mystery and action, as a young adult TV programme, the romantic side to it, is also very nice entertainment.

Sometimes, at the weekend, you just want to relax and watch a bit of a romantic comedy. What's great about this show, is that it does have this element to it, however it's continuously spiced up with the threat to their relationships, posed by the mysterious 'A'.

Overall, Pretty Little Liars is a show really enjoy. It's fun to watch, but also dramatic. It leaves you wanting to watch more at the end of every episode, and is something I would definitely recommend.

28.08.2015 21:20

Advantages

• luxury

Disadvantages

• price

Luxury body lotion

When I was on holiday a short while ago I packed a travel kit to see me through the week full of wonderful Nuxe Paris body care items. This is a brand that is fairly new to me but I have not found anything I didn't like in the range yet so the travel set was a good buy to take abroad and try out during the week in my limited 'pamper time'.

First impressions
      This is a nice solid body lotion cream that sinks in to the skin leaving it so soft and supple and not at all greasy.
      The claim
      This rich, delicious body cream replenishes lipids, soothes irritation and tightness and repairs the skin barrier. A truly pampering treat to wave goodbye to crocodile skin. The skin is intensely nourished (90%*). It is soothed and supple (95%*) and its comfort is restored (100%*).

But what is in it?
      This body cream replenishes lipids (sunflower and sesame oil and rice bran)
      It soothes (barley extract, argan oil and shea butter combined with allantoin) the skin
      It repairs (acacia honey) and protects the skin's barrier function (Vitamin E, sunflower extract)
      In use
      I found this cream quite economical, it went a long way from a small blob and left my skin feeling really soft for a long time. On holiday it can feel dried out from the pool and sea but each night it was restored thanks to this cream.

How much and where from?
      This brand is sold in M&S, surprisingly and you can get a 200ml bottle for £15.20 at the moment but its usual price is £19.99 which is quite dear.
      My thoughts
      This cream was great, I loved using it and the results were great too. It is one I will look out for in the future. Long lasting results and a quality feel to it.

• Aussie Real Volume Shampoo / Hair Care / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.08.2015 21:11

Advantages

• "It was on offer"

Disadvantages

• "My hair hates this stuff"

It was just one very big flop

I know that a lot of people really do rate the Aussie range of hair care products though personally I find that this Real Volume one does nothing good for my hair at all. I have flat, rather lifeless hair and I was rather hoping that this Real Volume Shampoo would live up to its claims and give my hair a bit of volume and bounce. Instead, it made my hair feel dry and brittle and in fact I think it looked less full of volume after using this horrible shampoo than it did before.

I got it on offer (buy one get one half price) at Tescos but really do wish that I hadn't bothered. It seemed to take a lot to get a decent lather in my hair and afterwards my hair feels like it had been washed in Fairy Liquid. My hubby actually really loves this. I do like the smell but that it its only redeeming feature. Everything else about this shampoo I found to be rather a massive flop. A bit like my hair, to be honest.

I haven't just tried it once or twice, I actually really did persevere with this shampoo in the hope that I might eventually get to like it and I also used the matching conditioner but unfortunately my hair is just not suited to this shampoo for whatever reason.

I still have a full bottle left and hubby is slowly working his way through the bottle. I cannot possibly recommend it.

28.08.2015 19:31

Advantages

• "Costs only £1"
      • "Leaves my hair clean and shiny"

Disadvantages

• "Inconvenient packaging"
      • "Holds no special benefit for blonde hair"

Cheap and cheerful even for non blondes

I used to buy Creightons Sunshine Blonde shampoo when my hair was blonde but it's such a good shampoo for the price that I continued to purchase it after colouring my hair brunette. In this review I will give my opinion on it when used on blonde and dark hair.

The shampoo is presented in a tall golden tube so stands on the lid. Impractical for my bathroom where my shelves are all wire, I have to lay it on its side when not being used because the small surface area of the lid is not enough to keep it upright on my shelves.

The shampoo has a consistency that is half and half gel and cream, it lathers well on very wet hair but if you try applying to hair that is not sopping wet you will obtain only a thin and watery layer of lather. It doesn't feel cleansing while washing but after the rinse my hair feels squeaky clean, in the literal sense as it actually squeaks when I run my fingers over my wet hair when all lather has been removed.

Rinsing is quick and easy. No shampoo residue is left in my hair and removal takes less than a minute, it can gather around the back of the ears but that will also be removed by a flick of the finger whilst standing under the shower spray.

My hair is always left clean and shiny after using this shampoo, I always buy mine in Poundland and have never paid more than one pound for it in spite of it being worth slightly more than that to me and I would pay slightly more. I blow dry my hair or else put it into a ponytail and it has never been anything less than completely manageable before, during and after drying. I do not always use conditioner because my hair does not need this with every wash.

The shampoo does not alter or improve the colour of my hair when blonde and now I am brunette it does nothing to change the colour either. If it brightened my blonde hair I may have been less persuaded to continue use after colouring my hair to a much darker shade but in spite of Creighton's claims of this being a shampoo with benefits to blondes it is a simple shampoo that in my view is suitable for all.

28.08.2015 19:26

Advantages

• "Reviving and refreshing"

Disadvantages

• "None "

Such a relief

I first used the Body Shop’s Peppermint Foot Lotion when I received a miniature bottle in a gift set one year from a friend at Christmas. I have been hooked on this stuff ever since. I love to keep this in my fridge and use it on hot days in the summer (when we get them).

My feet have a tendency to suffer I the hotter weather and they swell up and ache. This gorgeous lotion from the Body Shop helps to really cool down and sooth my feet and make them feel refreshed and revived in no time at all.

Using this product could not be simpler. It is simply squeezed from it’s little plastic bottle and I apply fairly generous and massage into my feet – top and bottom. I pay particular attention to my heel and ankles as these are the areas where my feet become particularly dry and are prone to becoming flaky.

I find that this lotion not only makes my feet feel refreshed but it really does help enormously in making them more hydrated and a lot softer. IT is better to use this product on a regular basis for the best results, as I have found from personal experience. I must have gone though dozens of bottles of this foot lotion and I always ask for it whenever it is my birthday or if someone is looking for what to buy me for a gift for Christmas.

The smell is such a lovely peppermint fragrance and this lasts for ages on the skin for ages after it has been applied. My hubby has also used this foot lotion and he says it makes his feet feel “sticky” though he has yet to refuse me if I offer to massage some in for him!

Overall, its such a brilliant product and I certainly do recommend it.

• Mama (DVD) / DVD / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      28.08.2015 19:18

Advantages

• "Country – Canada/Spain"
      • "Star – Jessica Chastain "
      • "Rottentomatos.com –65% "
      • "Above average horror"

Disadvantages

• "Bit scary for kids"

Daddy! There's a woman outside... She's not touching the floor!

So, Spanish horror shot in North America anyone, and with no subtitles? Why not! As part of Film4’s enjoyable, if out of kilter horror season, I thought I would give it a go. I generally steer clear of American horror movies as they are generic and silly and anything but scary or interesting. The cast are killed in order of cool and the girls need only look good in tiny shorts and tight tops to get the gig. Mama is different and by employing a European director to make his horror movie vision in those familiar North American vistas you have something a little different and interesting.
      City trader Jeffrey Desange (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) has killed his wife and some employees on a gun rampage when he loses everything, grabbing his kids and driving out in the winter snow to the woods to kill his very young children too. The car skids off the road and they end up at a deserted cabin deep in the woods. There he pulls out his gun. But he is mysteriously grabbed by the shadows and never seen again.

PlOT

Alone in the cabin the kids somehow survive and are found five years later, twin brother Lucas (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) leading the search all that time as his brothers car was never found by the cops, and so location.

Social services agree custody of the kids to Lucas and his gum chewing rock chick girlfriend Annabel
      (Jessica Chastain). The little ones are feral and eat bugs and act like monkeys. Their welfare is supported by Dr. Gerald Dreyfuss (Daniel Kash) and his institute, which agrees to house and feed the family in a private property hidden from the press, if they agree to some research on the kids. The media want to know how they survived out there in the hills and so does the doc.

The kids slowly come out of their shells to recount their experience. 7-year-old Lilly (Isabelle Nélisse) is too traumatized and doesn’t speak but Victoria (Megan Charpentier) more amenable.
      But things quickly get a little bit weird as a presence appears to be in the house and the kids talk to it. The doc is getting increasing freaked out by his research and aware of the supernatural element. It lives in the wardrobe. Whatever it is, it appears to be the thing that mothered and reared the children in the woods and it’s not letting go. It’s now a straight battle between reluctant mum Annabel and the entity for the love of the children, a woman who doesn’t want kids from one who has lost some.

Result

Ok, there is a cabin in the woods and a monster in the wardrobe but that’s about it as far as horror cliché goes here. This is above average fayre folks and atmospheric and well crafted. Spanish director Andres Muschietti has managed to pull $15 million together to complete his vision and make a tidy $146 million back. That is a very good sign for studios and expect to something bigger from this guy soon. He makes original and emotional interesting films in a well trodden genre.

The concept of the film is good, the mother who wants to mother and the one that learns to be a mother, the pull of that maternal instinct the tension of the movie. It’s quite affecting early on when the impossibly cute kids are all alone in the dark, damp and dilapidated cabin in the woods with this malevolent spirit. You genuinely do feel unsettled by that vulnerability and loneliness. What mum doesn’t want to know where their kids are if they are not holding their hands? The smallest child actor actually speaks no English and why she appears mute in the film, only adding to that feeling of being unsettled. Good stuff. I want a film to involve me early on.

The ghost thing is not all CGI for once and actor Javier Botet is employed to play it. He has the rare Marfan Syndrome, meaning he is very flexible and has unusually long and thin arms and legs. He plays it well. Think the rather terrible ending to Poltergeist and you have the monster. The evil spirit that hides in the shadows seems to work on screen so maybe not a film for younger kids. Even as an adult this one leaves you on edge. When you get to my age you have conflicting emotions around young kids in horror films. Even the ending is a surprise. This is definitely above average as far as the genre goes. But that’s not hard in this particular genre.

28.08.2015 19:13

Advantages

• "Offers a thorough clean in the first instance"

Disadvantages

• "Leaves hair tangled and unhealthy"
      • "Doesn't rinse easily or well"

Super Greasy Shampoo

I use household name shampoos and have been blessed with very normal hair so can but most brands when they are on offer and know they'll suit my hair. I received my bottle of Super Shiny Mango Shampoo in a gift set and was interested to try it as I use a shine spray and thought this may help me lose a step in my hair care routine.

You use it as normal and apply to wet hair, lathering the shampoo and rinsing.
      It does not produce as thick a lather as expected for the high cost of the shampoo but cleaned my hair thoroughly in spite of washing only once and not repeated as suggested by Burts Bees.

The smell is nice but has a very synthetic mango fragrance that seems too strong at times. It is a very sweet fragrance and you will need to like the smell of mango to enjoy it.

My hair is left very tangled after using this shampoo even after using conditioner. It is also drying if used regularly although can make my roots appear greasy. There is very little added shine to my hair and the cleansing effects are short lived with me being required to wash my hair again the following day, that is very unusual for me as my hair ordinarily needs washing only every 2 - 3 days.

Rinsing is harder than with other shampoo and often I felt it had not all been removed in spite of rinsing for longer than I usually would. Luckily the synthetic mango fragrance is removed quickly upon rinsing as I would not like my hair to smell like this through the day.
      This shampoo is 99.7% natural but that doesn't stop the list of ingredients reading like a who's who of the chemical world. The most active ingredients are mango seed oil and extract of fig.

£9.99 per 200ml bottle is too much to pay for this shampoo. It is effective in the short term but the lasting result is greasy unhealthy hair with no added shine or benefits.

28.08.2015 19:12

Advantages

• "Sturdy and practical and easy to keep clean "

Disadvantages

• "None "

Great buy from Ikea

I love Ikea – I can often spend hours there and even if I only come out with an armful of candles, I’m a happy bunny. Our daughter is eight years old now but a year or so ago we bought her a Mammut chair (in pink) along with the Mammut table in the same colour. We could only get the table from the store as they had “sold out” of chairs but we managed to get one second hand from Ebay for only £8. We mainly bought her this set as she really did need a separate table to do her arts and crafts projects on as my poor old dining room table was taking a bashing from dribbles of paint and PVA glue and crayons etc and we thought that having her own little chair and table was the perfect idea.

The chair is quite high backed and though she has really just about grown out of it now, she will often still use it. It is mainly used by myself now for reaching to the top of my kitchen cupboards and as it is really stable, I always feel safe when standing on it.

It is well made and even her dad was able to knock it together by following the simple instructions which came with it. It comes in a selection of colours though she opted for the pink (of course). What I really liked about this chair (And table) from the start, is that it is well made and well deigned and also really easy to keep clean. Just a quick wipe with a damp cloth and n marks or stains are ever left behind. The chair has been really well used and fits perfectly underneath the matching little table.

It is also very lightweight at 125lbs but feels well made and sturdy. It is stable and durable and I’d really recommend one to any parent who’s table is taking a hammering from crafts to invest in one of these. It’s still in good condition now and sows no signs of wear or tear so I have to recommend it.

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      28.08.2015 18:10

Advantages

• Price
      • Delivery
      • "Customer Service"

Great company amazing staff

I've purchased many items from them always comes fast / on the day expected.

Had to contact about a £1.50 usb cable I purchased that was damaged sent over pictures to prove it and they dispatched a replacement with next day delivery for free without the need to return the broken one even if it was only £1.50.

Member of staff that helped me called Jake was very helpful also

28.08.2015 17:51

Advantages

• "nice cone"
      • "Tastes of strawberry "

Disadvantages

• "Not enough sprinkles"

A perfect treat for a hot day

I have just ate my first ever strawberry Cornetto.
      I used to pick something chocolatey every time, let's be honest. But now I am all grown up strawberry sounds pretty good to me.

The cone is wrapped in a paper layer which is nice because you can unwrap it gradually and hold that instead of the cone. Alot less messy than holding a sticky lolly stick, and good for kids. The cone is crispy and nicer than I expected, it looked dry but it is just crispy with a surprise inside because it is coated in chocolate. You can taste this chocolate even if there is not loads of it so it is just perfect to go with the strawberry flavour.

The ice cream inside is soft and creamy. Some of it is strawberry and some of it is vanilla, but they both taste good and not too sickly sweet. My favourite part is the strawberry sauce which is drizzled over the top. It looks pretty and tastes very like strawberries.

My only complaint is that there could have been more of the white chocolate curly sprinkles which decorate the top. I am a bit greedy maybe but I think they taste good so the top should be smothered in them. Not good for your diet but no one buys ice cream to loose weight do they?!

I would recommend this to a friend as it was cooling and tasted better than I thought. A lot of ice creams don't taste as real as this one. My cone had the price of a pound printed on the wrapper so it was a great value little treat but you can pay more if you don't get one with the promotional price label. It's much cheaper to buy them in a multi pack from a supermarket anyway.

• Lindy Wet Wipes / PC Accessory / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      28.08.2015 17:27

Advantages

• "Handy tub to dispense"
      • "Keeps germs away"

Fingermark and germ free

We have used these Lindy wipes at work since I have been working there and they are great to wipe over your computer screens and keyboards, or anything electrical or really anything which needs a wipe. As we share our computers they obviously pick up a lot of germs so I will always use one of these wipes first thing in the morning and then sometimes again throughout the day if someone has been using my machine.

They come in a plastic tub which has the usual small hole at the top where you pull a wipe out of and it tears off the roll inside. I usually only need to use one wipe at a time as although they are not too moist they are wet enough to cover quite a large area, and I can clean my computer monitor, keyboard and mouse with one wipe.

The wipes are white and they measure approximately 20cm by 12cm. They are quite gentle so they are safe to use on any electrical product and you can use them for anything which has a screen such as mobile phones, tablets, iPads and computer monitors and anything which has a touch screen so they are quite versatile. I find that any fingermarks or smudges completely disappear when I use this cloth and it makes things look clean and smear free.

As we buy these through work I don't know how much they pay for them but I have had a look online and you can pick a tub up for around £3. If you can pick these up for a good price then I think they are most definitely worth it as they do a great job of cleaning any screen and you know that you are not using anything which could scratch the delicate surfaces. These cloths come recommended by me and I give them five out of five stars.

28.08.2015 17:11

Advantages

• " nice smell "
      • "Softer smoother skin"

Disadvantages

• "None "

Softer smoother skin

I love the Dove range of beauty products and I find that Home Bargains is one of the best places to buy this stuff as it is always a lot cheaper than it is anywhere else. One of my recent finds has been their Hydra Lotion which is currently selling for only £1.29 a bottle. I have not actually seen this anywhere else other than Home Bargains so I cannot say how much it is in supermarkets.

This lotion is best suited for “normal” skin. I consider my skin to be fairly normal though it is dry in patches. The best way to use this lotion I have personally found is to use it immediately after having a bath or shower so that the pores on the skin are still open and this means that the lotion is better absorbed into the skin. It has a great fresh natural smell and it is very distinctive in terms of the “Dove Smell”.

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I have noticed a difference on those parts of my skin where I have been mostly concentrating on using it – my shins and ankle area (where is gets quite dry). I have also found it to be an excellent base if you are using self tanning products as it makes the skin ready to accept the self tanner and prevents that nasty streaking you can sometimes get.

The smell lingers for quite a while after I have used it and I Alas use it occasionally on the backs of my hands just as a simple hand cream. It is definitely worth the price and I really do recommend it.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown