Advantages

• "Grimly Gripping"
      • " "
      • "Suprisingly close to the real life fact"

Disadvantages

• "No major insight into the investigation side "
      • "Glorified scenes of sexual humiliation"

Intresting to true crime fans but far from a fun watch

Based on the real life events of April 9, 2004 when a prank caller managed to convince the manger of a McDonald’s in Mount Washington, Kentucky that they were a police officer. At the same time the film also references the controversial Milgram experiment carried out by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram and which was designed to look at participant’s willingness to obey an authority figure instructing them to perform acts which would conflict with the personal conscience, which Milgram achieved by asking participants to administer electric shocks of increasing voltage to another subject every time they made a mistake. What they didn’t know was that the person who they were supposedly shocking was an actor and not actually receiving any of the shocks the participant was lead to believe they were giving.

Like its inspiration this film proved to be non the less controversial with its premier at Sundance being greeted with Walkouts and shouting matches erupting during the Q&A session though since its release it has pretty much sunk under the radar, which is surprising as normally if anything is guaranteed to help the promotion of your film its controversy.

An intriguing plot made even more so because of the real world elements being a lot truer than the majority of so called movies “Inspired by real life events”, it is also a fascinating look at how different people respond to orders given by those in position of authority and while the film might centre around the situation that Sandra and Becky find themselves in, the real focus here is on how Sandra is manipulated and what she is willing to take as standard protocol based on nothing but the fact that she assumes she is being given the correct advice by a police officer.

Interestingly director Zobel has followed the events of the case in question remarkably closely, while at the same time bringing in other characters into the twisted games of the caller and perhaps in a way linking the events even more to the Milgram experiment as he shows how different staff members react to the orders being given, with some proving to be unquestionably compliant while Sandra’s friend Kevin (Ettinger) aggressively refuses to take part. Equally at the same time there is a curiosity about how far the caller will take things, which for those of you familiar with the case will come as no surprise while providing grim shocks for the rest of us.
      Shot on a shoe string budget Zobel works around his limitations by keeping the majority of the film within the confines of the restaurant back office which helps add to the tension, only breaking away to show the caller as he works through his plan or to show one of the numerous hallway conversations between the staff regarding the escalating situation, which helps reassure us that they aren’t all of the same mind set and furthering reinforcing the different mind sets regarding the commands they are being given by the supposed officer.

While the majority of critics have raved about Dowd’s performance as the coerced restaurant manager which earned her the National Board of Review award for for Best Supporting Actress, which for myself as the film goes on proved to be source of increasing frustration especially as she continues to agree to the ever more invasive requests, even recruiting her own boyfriend Van (Camp) to watch Becky which only leading to some of the more shocking moments of the film. For myself the real standout here is Dreama Walker who while no doubt best known for her comedic talents in the sitcom “Don’t Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23” really proves her dramatic abilities here, which equally taking on no doubt one of her most challenging roles to date. More so when you look at what she is forced to endure over the course of the film and while also spending the majority of the film naked bar an apron, but this is in no way fun nudity.

My main gripe with this film though is the caller. Mainly because there is never any clear reason given for why he chooses to do what he does. Clearly it’s not for sexual satisfaction, while his meticulous note taking he makes over the course of the call only hints at a greater obsession which is frustratingly never explored further, with Zobel seemingly happy to just give us the fact and leave us to draw our own conclusions.

While it is a fascinating case which Zobel has chosen to highlight it is really a no thrills style which he chooses to shoot it in, while his focus purely on the events as they played out, with only a passing glance paid to the actual investigation and aftermath the film ends feels as if something is lacking, while the grim later portions combined with the lacking areas highlighted, especially in terms of the psychology of the caller means that it doesn’t stand up to repeat viewings. Still for those with any interest in the true case its worth giving a watch.

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • Tune Hotel Paddington (London) / Hotel National / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      20.09.2014 09:47

Advantages

• "Great location."
      • " comfortable."
      • Clean

Disadvantages

• "All extras must be paid for."

Cheap and Comfortable

I stayed in this hotel when I went to visit family in the city. It was my first visit to any Tune hotel but it definitely won't be my last. I really enjoyed the stay and my experience within the hotel.

Tune is a budget hotel and I'm used to staying at budget hotels because I don't have a lot of cash to spare on what is essentially, for me, just a bed for the night. I've stayed in all of the big name budget hotels in London and they all have pros and cons. What stood out for me as a huge positive at Tune was they were clean and well organised.The room size and design was also very impressive.

I paid £50 to stay in a room which did not have a window. This may sound unpleasant but the room was so nicely lit that I didn't even notice there was no window. A quiet air system conditioning also meant I didn't feel claustrophobic or stuffy. The general atmosphere of the room was fantastic.

As mentioned the room was exceptionally clean and the decor modern and pretty. There are no extras or comforts though. You also need to pay extra for things like TV access and even basic essentials such as towels. You can add these onto the price of your bill when you book or you can arrange to pay with reception when you arrive.

The hotel had a small lobby area where you are able to convene with other guests. This is a quiet comfortable area but it does feel a bit like a student rec room! There is no bar or restaurant but vending machines are provided.

This hotel is situated in a prime location for visiting the city and for sight-seeing. It's extremely close to Paddington main train station as well as to Edgeware Road and Paddington tube stations too. There are also many attractions nearby within walking distance.

I would definitely stay here again. I felt secure and comfortable during my entire stay. I did not experience any problems and the staff at the hotel were friendly and professional, something I don't always notice about similar budget hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a very cheap stay in London.

Comments

• Apple iPhone 5S 64 GB / Smartphone / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      20.09.2014 09:40
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "so strong so superb"

Disadvantages

• "too pricey"

The best and superb smartphone ever

Sometimes in use the device for a while longer ,you get a little bit better sense if what you like the device for or what you don't like it for and just a little tidbits in quirks about it.

let's get right on it, this is the iPhone 5s,comes in three colors but is the one I personally thought was my favorite, it's running IOS 7, it has that familiar rave icons like every other iPhone , and is just too small in fact let me start by saying that yes i'm aware. The iPhone looks very small in my hands as because it is small on my hands . Samsung Galaxy Note 3 feels free after for me to hold but it's a bigger than average phone for most people and as a . 5.7 inch display , but to me it doesn't feel the extreme But even this phone start to look big when you compare it to the iPhone 5s, this phone has a 4-inch display, so it's easily the smallest displays on any flagship by any company right now.but it's also one of the most compact mobile devices period which is something Apple's really proud of in this phone .

Now playing on the device is really light andreally easy to hold and people can reach all four corners of a display with one hand , although I think people could do that on a four and a half inch display. But this is also one of the most fragile feeling phones out there it's actually fragile, it's really extremely well bill me at a premium materials like htc one, very tightly put together there's no creaking,any twisting or anything like that.

But the lack of any curves plus the glass on the back like the Nexus 4 make it feel like better not drop this device like if I drop it from a few inches up , it feels like it's very delicate and vulnerable to scratches , like I should be putting a case under something ,other couple things about the battery in this device, it's like we say one thousand five hundred seventy million power batterys, measurement is pretty small in fact, this entire iPhone is about the same size as the Galaxy Note 3 battery which is over three thousand million powers.

So with this having had a battery size as note 3 ,it has its pros has its cons,one the important proe is it charges very quickly and it charges lightning-fast , but the cons are immediately that the battery doesn't last quite as long as any other smartphone out there with a larger battery ,now standby times are excellent on the iPhone I could go to sleep with an iPhone at a hundred percent battery not charge it and would wake up with ninety-seven percent battery, that's pretty Good. And an Android device with a similar size battery might be at eighty percent when you wake up .But it doesn't have the best battery life during actual use in fact it's not even quite as good as the iPhone 5,but its it's about the same battery life as you'd expect from an iPhone. So if you're coming from previous generation iPhone, you'll find too many surprises here with battery life.

everything else about the hardware ,it is very well-crafted, we saw this on the iPhone to its solid aluminum on sides in the back as awesome buttons that are precisely crafted ,so the don’t while blow it al,it also has the laser etchings to indicate volume up and down ,the chamfered edges are angled ,ever so slightly inwards the headphone jack in the lane importer on the bottom , with the precisely milled speaker holes,I don't think it's just about how all this is in such a small package that makes it little difficult to appreciate it all ,which is why I think HTC One still feels just as good in the hand .
      Speakers on bottom the iPhone are wanting more interesting parts of it, expected them to be really good but check it out, there are two speaker grills at the bottom the iPhone that looks great looks like stereo speakers, but it's actually just a single driver are the right hand side serve echoes over to the left hand side, so if you cover up the left hand side you will hear no change the sound, so cover up the right hand side with the driver you completely mute the speaker.

like we said the iPhone has obviously familiar hardware on the outside ,but what about the inside? because that's where the change came from between the five and the 5s ,now if you got the Moto X is a consumer-oriented devices that didn't care about specs and target the average consumer.

now the iPhone 5s, it has a dual-core 1.3 gigahertz chip, 1 gigabyte of RAM,32 gigabytes of storage and 8-megapixel camera and a one thousand five hundred seventy million power battery, so this is where Apple does its absolute best to make sure specs don't matter nearly as much as they used to ,they control the entire experience from hardware to software and has a lot of optimization going on

in the end, performance throughout IOS 7 is pretty snappy. As we know IOS 7 never really required all that much resources to run smoothly and multitask well, but IOS seven ,its functionality is still exactly the same as IOS six ,it's essentially a layer of gloss or the top, You just can't change things you still can customize a lot of things, I'm used to being able to customize outta the box on something like an Android phone
      The biggest issue of IOS 7 with me was the animation,so every time i unlock the iPhone 5s there's a new animation and it takes a solid half a second before lets me do anything on the home screen and I don't like that at all and that's too bad.

So now anytime I want unlock the phone and i really know I want to go to the second page APPS after wait for the animation to finish before I can do anything, I wish I could change animation speed to speed up a little bit ,but overall I like the look of IOS 7,i think it's quite nice in a lot of areas,though the functionality I still have problems with

there are of course the few fringe benefits, like touch ID for example, which is the name for the fancy finger print sensor in the home but now the iPhone lets you unlock your phone or act indicate your iTunes purchases ,and you can register up to ten fingers ,of course people have also found great ways to register things other than fingers ,like their toes ,their pets toes and even other body parts,but I it's a cool feature, it works pretty well pretty accurate the most the time , just not that every time you restart your phone you have to reenter your whole iTunes password before using touch ID an app store again .

\

Anothing about the iPhone is the camera experience,my pain is made up of two different parts , it's the quality and control and there's little to scale, I'd say between one and 10 for quality and between one and 10 for control on devices that have added 10 for 10 quality like the Lumia 1020 for example, you can just give it to remember sunscreen estimate take great photo with it , they'll probably have a little bit of difficulty, so the iPhone 5s strikes a nice balance because on the scale of one for 10 quality, surrounding 8, and scale of one for 10 control it's pretty simple but it's the easy to use app surrounding 8 too. and I think that is what makes it a very likable camera.Open it with a swipe up from a shark on the corner and immediately begin to take pictures.

characterize the camera on the back of the iPhone 5s as a very fast camera in a much different ways .fast number one because it's very fast to take photos and to process shots,fast number two because taking a CRC is very quick say don't have to have unnecessarily still subject. fast number three, because the aperture itself is very fast as wide open, I believe it's f2.0 or 2.2, which can be a little bit softer than the iPhone 5, but still is plenty fasten great for low-light and again fast because if the video modes in here you can take really really fast 120 frames per second video and slow it down to 30 frames per second to get this awosone, smooth slow motion effect ,so this is a very fast camera what I most enjoyed by shooting with the 5S's camera, though was the low light capabilities the thing can essentially see in the dark for a lot of the other camera phones I've used,but you see at the photos it takes are really pretty solid colors are very accurate like extremely colorful unsaturated the details pretty much all there was only a little bit softer than the iPhone 5, because if the wider aperture but overall the the shots you get are very good.

Overall though in terms the quality of photos and videos you get and the control you have over them this is up there in summer the best smartphones you can get to take photos with ,so yet using the iPhone 5s is just you would expect you get great performance smooth animations throughout,you get that super compact form factor and excellent build quality and design and material choices and get the usual course with the relatively new operating system ,but those leader iron out for you get used to them , you get that future proof mess with the new 64-bit architecture Apple's new chip in Apple OS ecosystem you have a very reliable devices almost always works exactly as you'd expect it to , even if you don't like the way does something you can be confident that it'll do it that way , every single time to get used to it ,it's a very familiar device for a lot of people, and probably isn't worth rushing to upgrade to if you're coming from an iPhone 5, but for many other older iPhone it's a great choice for all it's worth.
      this the review of iPhone 5s in space grey I wrote to you.thank you.

Comments

• Molten Basketball 7 / Ball Sport / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      More +
      20.09.2014 08:47
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• " good looking"
      • "Good bounce"

Disadvantages

• overpriced

I think the items great but the price isnt great

No words can explain how deeply I love this ball its got great grip and bounce therefore its a good item however, the price is much to expensive .

Comments

• More +
      20.09.2014 08:42
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• " in my opinion I think this is a huge advantage."
      • " therefore this releases the weight of the item"
      • "I think this remote has many advantages. I say this because it is a slimline TV"

Disadvantages

• "personally I think there are no disadvantges"

Therefore I really think this product is worth the 5 minutes drive to the store.

This easy to use One For All 1-Way Slimline Remote Control is the perfect replacement for broken or lost remote controls. The stylish and timeless design of this remote will perfectly fit in any living room. Three pre-defined Smart Control keys enable simple access to Watch TV, Watch Movie and listen to Music. Watching Digital TV and movies with a combination of different devices should be easy to operate This is truly an universal remote control that makes the control of different home entertainment devices, seamlessly. THIS REMOTE WILL SIMPLY
      MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER FOR YOU. So go on down and by this excellent remote.Good-value universal remote does the job well, here's no keypad, and the colour screen of previous versions has been enlarged and given a touchscreen make over.

Setting up the Logitech Harmony Touch is a simple process, and as long as you have the model numbers for your devices (which are often found on the devices themselves) then you shouldn't have a problem. The software included on the CD is clear, informative and easy to use.

Comments

• More +
      20.09.2014 08:40

Advantages

• "works for me fine ."

Disadvantages

i really love this product.

yes. its good and i have try this.. and you know its works and amazing . i like to prefer it to other go and try it. you will surly love it.

Comments

• Zotac ZBOX ID83 PLUS / Desktop PC / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      20.09.2014 08:10
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

In my opinion, this computer is certainly Good

I hesitated to pay a little additional on this Zotac versus an identicalalogous barebones small computer with an Atom or AMD processor. i'm very glad I did. the i3 Core electronic equipment during this runs at a pair of.5 gigacycle and really a lot of sounds like my desktop machine with a bigger i core electronic equipment. terribly simple to put in the SoDimms and SSD victimization solely thumbscrews. it's a versatile Bios - not light-weight - and is quiet even if it's a friend. i'd say if your area is silent, you may hear the fan, but for me, I had to induce pretty near the unit to listen to it . it's deal the bit directly over the electronic equipment, however not hot. The local area network works manner higher than another small computer I actually have. It appears Netflix @ 1080 fine over local area network, however I ought to entails that this computer is among twenty feet of my wireless router. It comes with a cool Media Center remote, however i have not tested that however. i actually am not keen on Windows eight therefore I bought a Win7x64 Home Premium software that put in a little slowly since i used to be victimization Associate in Nursing external USB2 videodisk that I had birthing around. however no problems in the least with the installation. once the OS install, I used the CD that came with Zotac to put in the drivers (simple menu). Rebooted some times, ran Windows update 3 times, put in my favorite antivirus by Trend small, put in my HD Homerun TV receiver drivers, pointed Media Center libraries to my cheap Iomega network hooked up device, and that i am done. govt summary: i'm whole indifferent, however in my opinion, this Zotac is just okay designed and made. Well definitely worth the additional few bucks. it's none of the sluggishness of my Atom small computer and may use to sixteen GB of memory - I used G.Skull F3-10600CL9D-16GBSQ memory (comes with 2X8GB SoDimms). This Zotac's computer has Associate in Nursing HD4000 graphics capability (a similar Zotac comes with a rather quicker electronic equipment however it's Associate in Nursing HD2500 on board show capability - i'd substantially suggest get the version with on board HD4000 graphics adapter. In my opinion, this computer is certainly price some additional bucks over the more cost-effective choices that I might realize. The Windows expertise ratings square measure Processor half-dozen.9, Memory 7.4 (at stock settings), Graphics 5.9, gambling Graphics half-dozen.4 (at 1920x1080 resolution and half-dozen.5 at 1600x900 resolution), and first HD seven.9 (a Kingston Hyper X 120DB). I hope I coated the queries that you just might have.

Comments

• MyBuilder.com / Internet Site / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      More +
      20.09.2014 01:42

Advantages

• "can get job done at your convenience convenience"
      • "no need to telephone and leave messages only to repeat all over again when they call back"
      • "Able to compare quotes"
      • "easy to use website"

Disadvantages

• none
      • none

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST WEBSITE I"VE EVER USED

my husband has no idea about DIY, so when I discovered this website I was a bit sceptical. I've used it 4 times now and cant believe how easy it is to find top quality tradesmen at very reasonable rates. I can read there reviews and see their previous work too. Fantastic!

Comments

• More +
      20.09.2014 01:39
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "great value for money"
      • "works fantastically well"
      • "smells lush"

Disadvantages

• "can't think of any!"

Sweet sweet cherry

Carmex Cherry Lip Balm heals dry, cracked lips and acts as a sunscreen with the added protection of spf15. It's priced at £2.69 in Boots, but I have seen it cheaper elsewhere.

My thoughts
      I'm not a big fan of the garish packaging, I think it looks quite cheap and nasty, but it does make it easy to spot in the bottom of my handbag. The applicator bit on the top of the tube is a domed shape which I don't find very good for applying it with, but I prefer to apply it with my finger anyway as it's just more hygienic.

The balm has a lovely juicy cherry scent which you can smell as soon as you open the tube. It really is a gorgeous scent, probably the nicest I've had in a lip balm, and it smells good enough to eat!

The balm is thick in texture and when you squeeze it out of the tube you get kind of a solid little line of balm rather than a blob like you would if it was more liquid-y. It feels quite thick when you apply it to the lips and it does leave a very obvious layer, but it doesn't feel sticky or greasy, it just feels protective.

This does a really good job of keeping my lips soft and smooth. I find it really seems to absorb into the skin of my lips instead of just sitting on top like some balms do, and moisturises them really well. When I have dry and chapped lips this is the balm I reach for because it sorts them out in no time.

I don't have to reapply it as often as a lot of other balms because it really does keep my lips feeling soft and hydrated for hours. You also get a lot in the tube so it lasts a long time and works out at great value for money.

Recommended?
      Absolutely, just like the original Carmex this is an excellent balm at a great price. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't like the peppermint scent or tingly sensation of the original balm but still wants the same effective moisturisation.

Comments

• More +
      20.09.2014 01:37
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "lasts well"
      • "feels great"
      • "looks great"

Disadvantages

• " but worth it"
      • expensive

Lovely matte bronzer

Benefit Hoola is a soft bronzing powder to give you a healthy, natural looking 'tan' year round. It's priced at £23.50.

My thoughts
      I love the packaging of all Benefit's blushes and bronzers. The little boxes are so cute and they have a mirror in the lid and brush included. Yes, lots of blushes and bronzers have brushes included, but the difference with Benefit is that their brushes are actually a useable size!

The bronzer looks a bit darker in the box than it actually is when it's on, so if you're fair like me there's no need to worry, it isn't too dark at all. The powder is very soft and silky feeling, you can really tell it's high quality just by how light and fine it feels. It picks up easily onto the brush and applies easily onto the skin.
      The brush that comes with the bronzer is really great. If you're not used to it the shape might seem a little odd for some people, but I find it really good as it allows me to sweep it easily across the apples of my cheeks like a blusher by using it widthways, or use it lengthways for contouring.

This is probably the only bronzer I've ever bought which is completely matte. There's no shimmer to it at all, not even a hint of it, which is great for me as I think it looks a lot more natural than the shimmery ones. It does give a very natural sunkissed look, and it's easily buildable so you can choose the level of colour you want.
      This lasts all day on my skin, even when I use it just on bare skin, no primer or base or anything. It just lasts and lasts. It never feels heavy on my skin and it never slides off or sinks into my pores, but when it comes to removing it, it's dead easy.

Recommended?
      Yes, I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a high quality matt bronzer in a shade that will suit any skintone. It may seem expensive but mine has lasted me forever.

Comments

• Flying Fox Temple Balm / Pain Relief / 2 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      19.09.2014 23:15

Advantages

• "Lovely smell"
      • Calming/relaxing

Disadvantages

• "Sticky "

Wonderful smelling under your pillowcase!

Put this on a cloth just inside my pillow before I go to sleep at night, does wonders when I leave the window open as the smell starts to circulate the room and the smell is gorgeous! Bit sticky however when I put it onto the cloth.

Comments

• More +
      19.09.2014 23:07

Advantages

• "Great for bulking "
      • "Great tasting"
      • "Boosts protein levels "

Disadvantages

• "Hard to find "
      • "Can be expensive "

Great tasting but can be expensive

Use this brand of protein bars every so often when I go to the gym as they are quite sweet and contain quite a lot of calories, they taste great! but they are very hard to find as some supermarkets don't stock them, also if you are lucky enough to find them they can be quite expensive up to £2.50 in my experience.
      However they do contain lots of protein and they keep you going for an hour or so before a meal.

Comments

• More +
      19.09.2014 22:32
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Has lasted well"
      • "It's girly"

Disadvantages

A N-Ice Watch.

I was bought this Pink Ice Watch for Christmas last year and I have to be quite honest and say I was really surprised at the time as I rarely wear watches, I buy a nice fashion watch now and again but I tend to only wear them if I am going out somewhere nice and am dressed up so I was not expecting a watch at all.
      Not being a massive watch fan I first thought that my father had been feeling the pinch that year as I just assumed it was a cheapy watch but after looking online I realised why he seemed a little disappointed at my reaction!

He would have got more of a reaction had he handed me over a kettle I think!

Anyway, the Ice-Watch comes in a cube type packaging, win what looks like a lego block. The watch looks all nicely displayed and the colour is really nice.

It has a silicone strap which I think is great for when I go out walking and jogging as it stays firmly in place on my wrist, the face is nice and bright and easy to read.

It comes with a 2 year guarantee but I have had no problems with it at all so hopefully I won't be needing this, it seems like a pretty sturdy watch. It is water resistant up to 50m, I can't comment on this as I have never worn it whilst in the water. And it is a nice light weight watch to wear.

I like that the clock face is easy to read at a glance and having the date there is a useful feature too.

Overall I am quite happy with this watch.

Comments

• Edit Longline Belted Peplum Top / Clothing / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      19.09.2014 22:13

Advantages

• "Great colour"
      • "Nice fit"

Disadvantages

Nice little dress/top

I bought this top going back a good few months, maybe even a year or so but it is still one I go back to now and again when I want to go for the smart yet casual look rather than dressing up when I go to the pub with the girls.

I was browsing at an online catalogue when I came across this and it caught my eye as it looks long enough to wear with tights/legging rather than trousers so I ordered it, I am pretty sure it cost around £28 at the time of purchase.

It's quite a trendy top, it's quite long and comes down past my bum, maybe would seem so long on a taller person but great for me. The colour I love, it's a nice shade of grey and it has two lace panels making a mock collar.

It comes with a slim black belt which does finish the look off well as it seems to nip in the waist and give me a nice looking figure. The peplum shape coming down nicely and it looks like a short dress on me.

The material being a polyester fabric does seem a little fragile but even after numerous washes it has held up really well.

It goes great with a pair of black leggings or tights and a nice little leather jacket to finish off the look, not forgetting the skyscraper heels too!

I like it, I have found it to last me well, wash well and it dries quickly too if you are in a hurry. I haven't had to tumble dry yet so not sure how it would hold up to that but washing on a regular 40 degree wash has left it looking fab.

Comments

• More +
      19.09.2014 21:30
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

the conclusion to series 3

So these six singleton friends live their lives in the west village area of New York, hanging out in “Central Perk” their favourite coffee house, or in Monica and Rachel’s large apartment. We follow their amusing dating mishaps, their comic career failings or successes, and the always entertaining interaction with each other.

===The Cast===

Jennifer Aniston as Rachel Green
      Courteney Cox as Monica Geller
      Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay
      Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani
      Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing
      David Schwimmer as Ross Geller
      In series 1 the cast had been paid $22,500 per episode, and then in series 2 each actor’s salary was privately negotiated. In this season 3, the six member of the cast realised their collective power and began joint salary negotiations and agreed a price of $75,000 per episode, which was reputedly a drop for David Schwimmer and Jennifer Anniston. The success of this type of negotiation continued, eventually earning them syndication rights as well, until the final series 10, meaning the six became a tight nit trusting group of friends in real life as well as on screen.
      ===Special guest stars===
      Watch out for these famous names appearing either as themselves or as short term or recurring characters: Tom Seleck, Isabella Rossellini, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, David Arquette, Ben Stilher, Eliot Gould and Terri Garr, amongst others.
      ==Episodes==

===17. The one without the ski trip===
      The group are temporarily split as Ross and Rachel cannot stand the sight of each other. When 5 of them break down on the way to Rachel’s family ski chalet, they are forced to ring Ross for help.
      ===18. The one with the hypnosis tape===
      Chandler uses a tape to help him stop smoking again. Monica starts dating a dotcom millionaire, Pete. Phoebe is horrified when she meets her half brothers intended wife.
      ===19. The one with the tiny t shirt===
      Monica finds she is not physically attracted to her millionaire, Pete. Rachel starts dating again. Joey develops a crush on his co star in a play, Kate.
      ===20. The one with the Doll’s house===

Rachel reluctantly fixes up Chandler on a date with her female boss. Phoebe and Monica compete over who has the more beautiful doll’s house.
      ===21. The one with the chick and duck===
      After seeing that many baby chicks are abandoned after Easter, Joey cannot resist adopting one. Pete buys Monica a restaurant. Ross misses an opportunity to be on television in order to look after Rachel instead.
      ===22. The one with the screamer===
      Rachel dates a man who turns out to be a vicious bully. Kate leaves Joey broken hearted when she gets a job offer in Los Angeles.
      ===23. The one with Ross’ thing===
      Ross has a mysterious growth on his backside. Phoebe finds herself dating two gorgeous men at the same time. Monica thinks Pete is going to propose.
      ===24. The one with the ultimate fighting champion===
      Monica cannot stand to see Pete hurt when he attempts to succeed at cage fighting. Phoebe fixes Ross up on a date with Rachel’s blessing. Chandler’s new boss keeps slapping him on the backside.
      ===25. The one at the beach===
      The group are offered the chance at stay in a beach house. Phoebe is stunned when, in search of her mother’s former friend, she finds her real birth mother instead. Ross and Rachel, thrown together by circumstance, find they are falling for each other again. Before she can reconcile with him, Rachel wants Ross to read a long letter explaining all her feelings.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66128
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37703

* Prices may differ from that shown