• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.10.2014 11:31

Advantages

• "Fast Build Process"
      • "Brilliant Build Quality"
      • "Excellent Delivery Service"

Disadvantages

• "Lack of Updates during build"
      • "Logo on Case"

Excellent Service. Would Recommend.

I am very happy with my purchase. The build was done as scheduled and delivered to ROI within 3 days of dispatch.

Website ease of use:
      The website is very well designed, and allows someone like me who knows very little about components to put together a very powerful PC. My only complaints are minor UI choices which I'm not a fan of (such as having the cases in a scroll box as opposed to a list that shows you all at once) but these are extremely minor and don't detract from the experience in a major way.

The Ordering Process:
      Seamless. I ordered on a Friday and paid by bank transfer. My order was confirmed before 10:30AM on Monday and went into Pre-Production. The various forms and options on the website were clear and easy to fill out.

Communication:
      This would be my only qualm with my order. I found the updates during the build to be sparse, and it was unclear as to how much progress had been made during each day of the build. Perhaps something PCS could would work on would be a daily update during the build phase of the project.

Quality of Product:
      I've only used my PC for a brief few hours since delivery, but I'm really happy. The computer feels really well built, the cable management in the case is nice, no problems setting up. My only problems would be the PCS logos which are on the case (something which is not advertised) and the fact that the Windows Activation Key is placed on the case in an area that, because of the contours of the case, is difficult to read.

Delivery:
      Extremely happy. Delivery was prompt, packaging was sturdy and reassuring, the inflatable insert which is in the computer case was a nice touch.

All in all, I'm very happy with my order. While I know PCS are somewhat overpriced when compared to doing a self-build, I now feel reassured with my choice to use PCS because of the quality of the product they have delivered.

02.10.2014 10:30

Advantages

• "Well presented audio guide"
      • "Fascinating Slice of History"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Highly recommended for History fans

Westminster Abbey was founded in 960AD and has been the site of many royal coronations, weddings and funerals since. Most recently it was where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge married in 2012. Some royals from history and buried here, as are a number of important people from British history such as Charles Darwin and Charles Dickens, and many others have memorial plaques.

It is currently £18 for adults, £15 concessions, secondary school age children are £8, and primary school aged kids are free. You enter via the Great North Door and you may have to queue at peak times.

I did the included audio tour narrated by the actor, Jeremy Irons, who does an excellent job. It covers construction, architectural designs and key players in its history as well as those interred here, and will start in the magnificent nave with a mix of Norman and gothic styles. Look out for Science Corner with a prominent memorial to Sir Isaac Newton. There are plaques all over the floor, some are people you will have heard of, some less famous but having made a contribution to British history at some point. It is quite fun spotting all the people from history you have heard of.

On from the nave the tour takes you to the Quire area which was smaller than I expected, then the Alter. Henry VII’s Lady Chapel was a highlight, built in the sixteenth century, it is an impressive decorated room containing the tomb of Henry and his wife, Elizabeth of York. To the right of the Lady Chapel are the tombs of Margaret Beaufort and Mary, Queen of Scots amongst others. On the other side of the Lady Chapel is the tombs of Elizabeth I and Mary I.

There are further monarchs as you pass by on your way back. You could even organise a game of Dead Royal Bingo if so inclined. There are over twenty royal graves here including that of Anne Neville, whose royal husband ended up under a Leicester car park and one of Henry VIII’s wives (head intact).

Next up is Poet’s Corner which was another highlight. Geoffrey Chaucer was the first poet buried here and other writers buried here include Dickens, Browning, Tennyson and Kipling. Others have memorial plaques.

I really enjoyed my visit and had a short wander after the audio tour finished, to check out other parts marked on the free map. All in all we were only here about 90 minutes, which makes it an expensive afternoon out. Visiting, on Saturday lunchtime was also busy and crowded. You need to be patient if you want to explore all the nooks and crannies, and unusual tombs as the place is full to the brim. To get the most out of your visit, if you have the opportunity, have a look at the detailed website to decide who and what you want to see the most. Highly recommended for history fans.

02.10.2014 09:46

Advantages

• none

Disadvantages

• everything!

Squeky chicken dog toy

I have a mad setter who is very choosy about everything in his life and that includes his toy! I have often come home with what I thought was a fun toy only to have him turn his back on me! However he does have a passion for anything that squeaks. Whilst browsing on Amazon I spotted an inexpensive squeaky chicken dog toy and decided to order one.

The toy arrived quickly and as I had only paid £3 for it I wasn't expecting it to last long! As far as I can remember the chicken was about 10 inches in length and was made of soft plastic. Initially I thought it felt quite robust as far as dog toys go.

I was keen to see my dogs reaction and wasn't disappointed! He took to the toy immediately and started to rum around like the mad dog he is! The toy was tossed into the air as the loud squeak sent him into a frenzy. I always supervise my dog when he is given any new toy just to ensure it is safe and doesn't fall to bits. It this case it was just as well I did.

Within minutes the head of the chicken came off exposing a short plastic tube that is used to fix the head to the body of the chicken. M,y dog immediately started to chew the tube resulting in bits of plastic splintering away. Needless to say I removed the toy and threw it in the bin. I think this toy would pose a very serious choking hazard for a young puppy especially if they were left alone with this dangerous toy.

Overall what started out as a bargain fun toy ended up being an expensive few minutes play! Not recommended!

02.10.2014 09:00

Advantages

• "durable and comfortable "

Disadvantages

Good quality lead and collar set

I bought this at Pets at Home because I wanted something durable and good quality but cheap because I knew it was only going to last a few months before needing replaced for an adult sized one.

This fit the bill as far as collar and leads went and saved me having to buy them separately. For both the collar and lead together it cost 5.00. There were loads of different ones to choose from including really cute designs but I decided to be practical and went for a boring black so that he wouldn’t be embarrassed in front of the other dogs on walks.

The collar can fit dogs with necks sized between 20cm and 36cm and can be adjusted when your puppy has a little growth spurt. Puppies grow quick and it doesn’t take long before the collar will be too tight so remember and check regularly.

I liked this one because the collar was very lightweight and he hated wearing a collar to begin with so I wanted something that was lightweight and comfortable for him so that he wouldn’t get too annoyed by it and not spend the whole time trying to get it off.

The lead is made from the same material as the collar and is a metre in length. Again it is lightweight but perfectly strong enough for a puppy. I liked the fact it wasn’t too long as I was trying to get him used to walking beside me and thought there was plenty of time to get an extendable lead so he could explore and sniff but to begin with the most important thing was learning him to stay close to me when we were walking and this helped as he couldn’t wander too far from my side when wearing it.

This is a really good collar and lead set and is suitable for both puppies and small breeds of dogs. It is very durable and hard wearing. My puppy chewed the lead several times and although it got a bit frayed it didn’t break or snap and I was happy with both the quality and the price of this.

02.10.2014 08:44

Advantages

• "Helped with house training "

Disadvantages

• "I didn't like using it really "

A good tool for house training

I was completely against buying a dog cage for my dog when he was a puppy as I just didn’t like the idea of locking him up when I was out as I think a pet should have the run of the house. Unfortunately my romanticised ideal wasn’t very practical as he would go to the toilet all over the house and also chew things he wasn’t supposed to.

I was convinced about getting a cage for him because I read loads of articles saying it was the best way to toilet train them with the theory being that a dog won’t want to dirty his own sleeping area so will learn to keep it in until you get home and let him out.

I bought my cage from Argos where it cost me 29.99. This was for the small cage though there were bigger ones available too. The small cage was more than big enough for my puppy and would still be big enough for him now that he is fully grown as it is a fairly decent size.

The cage is metal and is foldable for easier storage. Once it has been unfolded and clipped into place it is quite sturdy and secure. It comes with a plastic try for the bottom which is removable for easy cleaning. There are two doors which are easy to open and close and are secure when closed so you can be sure that your dog won’t get out of the cage while you are out.

The quality of the cage is really good and I had no concerns with it at all. It broke my heart when I put the pup in it for the first time as he cried and did not like it at all but he soon got used to it and in fact he would end up running to his cage and sleeping there when the door was left open and it definitely helped with toilet training him. I don’t use the cage now as my dog has the run of the house when I am out but it really did help in the beginning and I am glad that I went for it as I think it really speeded up his house training considerably plus it ensured that he didn’t chew anything of value when I wasn’t there to supervise him.

• Willow (DVD) / DVD / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.10.2014 07:22

Advantages

• "Great fun"
      • "Excellent performances"
      • "Terrific visual effects and music"

Disadvantages

• "A few underdeveloped characters"

Lucas's most underrated movie.

From what I have been able to gather on most parts of the net, this is a movie that George Lucas detractors love to hate. And I cannot understand why. For me, WILLOW has been nothing but a rollickingly fun piece of entertainment from the creator of STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES. Not only is this one of my favorite fantasy movies, I consider this one of Lucas's best productions outside of the aforementioned successful franchises.

The most glaring attack on WILLOW is that it is an inferior imitation of STAR WARS--only in a medieval time and on ground. I have found this accusation laughable; despite sharing many similarities (the earnest, good-hearted young hero, roguish companion, snappish love interest, two comic sidekicks, bad guy general wearing a mask, evil queen, yadda yadda yadda), WILLOW is in a class by itself. The plot--which involves an aspiring magician-dwarf attempting to protect a mystic child from a nasty empress--is nothing at all like STAR WARS. In fact, Lucas has been quoted as saying that he actually planned this movie long before he made his now famous trilogy. Is the story original? Not really. But no movie is ever really "original"; in fact, some of the best loved films have actually drawn upon inspiration from various other sources. As a movie that falls into this latter category, WILLOW does not succeed because it is imaginative or derivative. It simply weaves its own magic spell and ultimately enchants one over.

It is the well-defined characters and their relationships which partially make WILLOW a lot of fun, and much of the credit goes to the talented cast. Lucas's STAR WARS prequels have been attacked by critics for the sometimes stale performances from the actors assembled, but the same could never be said of WILLOW. As the title character, Warwick Davis displays sincerity, warmheartedness, and an incredible ability to showcase maturation from an insecure farmer to a nurturing protector and unlikely hero. Val Kilmer's portrayal as the self-serving yet courageous swordsman who joins Willow makes for delightfully entertaining chemistry between him and Davis. Joanne Whalley plays Lucas's meanest heroine yet; a princess who at first is assigned to carry out her mother's cruel deeds yet eventually falls in love with Kilmer. (It is reported that they both got married after the movie was completed.) Kevin Pollock and Rick Overton provide deliciously campy humor as the pint-sized "brownie" sidekicks, and Jean Marsh is frighteningly evil as the villainess of the piece. The rest of the cast, including the late, great Billy Barty, turn in equally compelling performances as well.

Lush, stirring orchestral scores are a mandatory ingredient for a fantasy movie, and James Horner's soundtrack--which remains arguably one of his best to this day--not only overflows with choral beauty and sizzling action cues, rivals John Williams' work on the STAR WARS movies in terms of staying power and magnificence. The special effects provided by Lucas's own Industrial Light and Magic, although a little dated in comparison to today's efforts, are nonetheless impressive for their time and succeed in bringing WILLOW's medieval settings to life without distracting from the experience.

As mentioned, WILLOW was savagely attacked at the time of its 1989 release (and the film sadly did not get the recognition it deserved at the box office)--believe it or not, there are still some who despise the movie even to this day. One wonders if the critics who penned their petty complaints saw the same film everyone else did ("unengaging?" "a film where nothing much happens?"). If there is even one issue I could address, it may be that some of the incidental characters lack depth and come off as a tad one-dimensional. But such a criticism is irrelevant, because WILLOW is, all in all, a very entertaining, involving little film that offers plenty to enjoy for fantasy buffs. There are showstopping action sequences, laughs, and some very impressive visual effects, yes, but at the core, WILLOW has a lot of heart... one of the major assets that most of today's big-budget CGI FX fare tend to neglect these days. It is mainly because of this, and more, that this grossly underrated film has garnered such a loyal following, and, as with most treasured classics, maintains the test of time after more than one viewing.

02.10.2014 06:57

Advantages

• "Great voice acting and music"
      • "Good animation and plot"

Disadvantages

• "References mostly for fans"

A quacker of a little "treasure" from Disney.

While Disney has not been producing much of high quality animated films these days, few will deny that in the late 1980's and mid 1990's, the Mouse House was in its heyday. After a period of turmoil without their former founder, the company had risen to stardom with its 1989 musical, THE LITTLE MERMAID. The success of that film led to other equally acclaimed masterpieces, notably BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, which was fortunate enough to win the Oscar for Best Picture. In the period between these two works of art, though, the company released two animated features that were pleasant diversions but didn't ignite ticket sales at the box office. One of them was THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER, a non-musical sequel to a mediocre 1970 film (which actually improved on its predecessor in many ways). The other--and even lesser known--production was DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE--TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP.

An unashamedly small, likeable film, DUCKTALES--THE MOVIE did not quack up much box office gold in its theatrical release. Based on Disney's popular animated series of its time, this theatrical feature--as you might expect--plays very much like an extended episode of the series, with slightly beefed up production values. Audiences unfamiliar with the show are most likely to be confused with its unexplained references to terms like "Junior Woodchuck"--a problem not uncommon with other theatrical spin-offs of television shows, e.g. THE CARE BEARS, TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY, etc. The stars of DUCKTALES, which include self-proclaimed "quad-zillionaire" Scrooge McDuck (impeccably voiced by Alan Young) and his mischievous nephews, Hewy, Dewey, and Louie, are household names with many people, but their co-stars--which include bumbling pilot Launchpad McQuack and Webby (Webbigail for you completists)--are only familiar with those who have tuned into an episode or two of the show. This is probably what sealed DUCKTALES--THE MOVIE's box office fate; it caters more to fans of the show rather than a mainstream audience.

That said, DUCKTALES--THE MOVIE is a very pleasant way to spend 74 minutes. The film bounces along at a fast pace and maintains a kinetic sense of energy, particularly the opening and climactic sequences. And there's nothing at all about the film that may be deemed too unsettling or inappropriate for children (what, you expected an R-rated material from Disney?).

The best way to describe the plot is a mixture of INDIANA JONES adventure and Disney's own ALADDIN. The first 20 minutes of the movie, in which the ducks--on a hunt for Collie Baba's treasure--find themselves braving a booby-trap infested hidden pyramid and outrunning scorpions, recall the roller-coaster excitement of the aforementioned Spielberg-Lucas series. Things get slightly slower around the middle when the ducks unleash the contents of a magic lamp containing, yes, a genie. Voiced with zest and humor by Rip Taylor, this Genie may not have the adult appeal of, say, Robin Williams' Genie in ALADDIN, but he manages to extract a giggle from the audience without being too over-the-top. His lively presence--and the nephews' dilemma of trying to keep his identity a secret from their miserly uncle--makes it easier to sit through the middle portion. The final 20 minutes of the film, in which Scrooge and company attempt to recapture their money bin from a compulsively greedy weasel, Dijon (Richard Libertini), only to deal with the Genie's former master, Merlock, a centuries old villainous sorcerer with the commanding voice of Christopher Lloyd, builds to a high-flying (literally) climax that I've rarely seen other Disney films match.

Based on the above description of the plot, it is tempting to dismiss this movie as an inferior imitation of ALADDIN, particularly where the Genie sub-plot is concerned, but since this movie was made long before that film, it instead holds up as an original story. Technically, DUCKTALES isn't exactly on the same level as, say, THE LITTLE MERMAID or other Disney Renaissance features, but then again it was hardly intended to be. The animation, produced by the now defunct Disney Animation Studios in Paris, is appropriately matched and showcases some spectacularly exciting effects, particularly any moment when Merlock morphs into eagles, rats, bears, cockroaches, panthers, etc., and especially at the climax when Scrooge's money bin is transformed into a creepy-looking castle. Simultaneously, though, the artwork is more "simplified" than the usual Disney treatment--not that it is a bad thing for this type of feature, but it's noticeable in places.

More pleasing about the film is its kinetic musical score, composed by David Newman (THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER and ANASTASIA). This is one of the finest ever written for a Disney film, and it's a shame it hasn't been commercially released on CD. It should also be noted that there are no songs in this film (unless you count the DUCKTALES theme over the closing credits)--this gives DUCKTALES the distinction of being one of Disney's "songless" productions (other notable entries including THE BLACK CAULDRON, THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER, and ATLANTIS--THE LOST EMPIRE).

Although not on par with Disney's better classics, DUCKTALES--THE MOVIE: TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP is a breezy, fun romp that actually holds up pretty well even after its initial 1990 release. It's too bad that Disney reduced themselves to churning out direct-to-video sequels, none of which matched the excitement or energy of this film or even the heart or human appeal of A GOOFY MOVIE, another inspired by a TV series movie. Compared to most of these other pointless secondary chapters, DUCKTALES--THE MOVIE remains fresh, funny, and enjoyable, especially for youngsters and, yes, fans of Disney-cartoons in general.

02.10.2014 04:45

Advantages

• " "
      • " taught to the minds of adults"
      • " through Hesus. Seen by the etes of a child"
      • "Leading people to the true understanding of Heaven"

Disadvantages

Perfect for family or alone to discover Heaven through Jesus

This book really struck my interest while I was shopping with my children one day. I was a little skeptical at first, because in this day and age, anyone will write a book about anything to make a buck. I threw it in the cart, figuring that I would give it a chance. When I got home, I started reading and could not put the book down! Everything that the child, Colton, claimed he saw, experienced, and the people he met, were all backed up Biblically or by his parents. This is a great book to realize that God can use anyone in any situation that they are going through in life to fulfill His Purpose. In this book, God used the experience of a child to teach the faith and Truth to adults, and to teach both Born-Again Followers of Jesus and those that are not that pick up this book that there is a place called Heaven and that the Savior, Jesus, that will wash our sins away if we ask him to, is there, waiting to greet us with love that we have never imagined. This book also reminds us of what the Bible says, that Jesus will be coming soon. We must remember to be ready. They also have the Heaven is for Real movie. Both the book and the movie are suitable for children and adults of all ages.

• Pulsar PS9008X1 / Watch / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.10.2014 02:11

Advantages

• "Two tone bracelet"
      • Elegant

Disadvantages

• "slightly thin"

Lovely watch from my lovely wife.

I got this watch on my second anniversary and I felt like a child again. Not only was it the first gift I got from my wife, but boy it was and still is elegant and stylish. It came in a small little box that said Pulsar by Seiko. Although I am not very watch savy, I had known for some time that Seiko was Japanese brand that had a very good reputation indeed. My uncle had gifted my father a Seiko he had bought when he was in Japan - and my father's watch still runs to this day after 20 some years.

I digress, though this watch isn't a Seiko, you can bet that it still has quality. The two tone gold-titanium round case is complimented by a similar two-tone clasp bracelet - one which I might add is a bit on the thin side. No matter though as a local store was able to remove two links in order for it to fight my wrist.

The watch is remarkably light as it is titanium and is a delight to wear. It goes well with almost any look from casual to full out formal wear - even if you are suited and booted up for a special occasion. And thats why I love it. The fact that I can wear this every day and everywhere I go makes this gift all the more special.

Perhaps I should mention that the dial is very readable as the gold tone stands out from the white face and there is a small number indicating the date. But that to me isn't as important as how premium the watch actually feels.

I have no doubt that this will serve me well, not least for the fact that I do remember to take it off during the night, but also because it is by Seiko. It is an excellent gift for your loved one.

• Dream DreamBox DM 7025 / Set Top Box / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.10.2014 01:41

Advantages

• "Many features"
      • Customizable

Disadvantages

• "Difficult setup"

Very difficult to setup for those who just want a box to plug and play.

The Dreambox is essentially as its name implies. I got this box without doing the research and it resulted in a huge headache for me. I wasn't aware that I had to setup various plugins in order to view channels. Luckily I was able to draw on information online. These boxes come with its own operating systems and the one it came with to begin with was out dated and rather hard to work with.

Once I had done enough reading I decided to flash (which is legal) the operating system with a newer one from their official website. After that I had to spend a good few hours to figure out how to install the plugin to view channels.

As I learned how to get the basic functionality figured out, I wanted to try my Sky viewing card to view subscribed channels. Unfortunately, it just didn't work like that, I had to also install additional plugins in order for the box to read the Sky viewing card.

Great, so now I wanted to record and use the box like I would a Sky+ box. That too required more tinkering around and using additional tools in order get this feature working. Considering that there was no hard drive that came inside this box, I had to use an external USB device - which proved even more of a pain to configure. It had to be formatted and mounted onto the box before it could be used. However it did pretty much behave like a Sky+ box in the recording, playback, pause and rewind functions.

The other major headache was getting the electronic programming guide; I could never get that to work even though I had read, read and read some more about it. I just lost my patience and decided to use guides from the net instead of the box.

Once you do manage to get the box working to your liking, you can essentially use it as a media center as you can stream video to and from this box - for example if you want to watch a movie in another room on your iPad or if you have a movie on the computer you want to watch on the TV. There are also some amazing plugins for youtube and suchlike that allows you to search and watch youtube videos. There is also additional things like user interface skins that alters the look and feel of channel navigation.

Video playback is a lot sharper and brighter than a Sky+ box and I think for those who are familiar with these sort of boxes, it probably is entry level, but to me it was a whole lot of work and sometimes frustration.

• Sony BDP-S1100B / Blu-Ray Player / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.10.2014 01:30

Advantages

• "User friendly"
      • "Budget friendly"

Disadvantages

• "Can't download more apps"
      • "No built in Wi-Fi adapter"

A good entertainment device especially if you are on a budget!

After getting Sony points because of spending from my Sony credit card I got a good option to buy this budgeted Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback and DVD player. It is very entertaining.

It has the LAN(100) Ethernet port for internet connectivity, an HDMI output and a digital coaxial audio output port (at the back of the device). There is a USB port located on the front of the device. On the top there is an on/off button, stop button, play button and an eject button.

Once you turn it on you will notice that the interface is quite user friendly (cross media bar). When you go from right to left you have options like Recommendations, Sony Entertainment Network, Network, Video, Audio, Photo and Setup. The video and picture quality is amazing.

You can customize the audio video settings. Under the photo option you can open up a slideshow of pictures and maneuver through the photos from the remote control. The Audio option brings up options like music from your plugged in USB or you can listen to the vTuner internet radio (this is one of my favorite options, I can listen to any radio channel for free!). In the video section you can either play a video from your plugged in device, Netflix, or you can play videos directly from YouTube which is another one of my favorite things about this Blu-ray player. When you go under network you can access apps from the Opera Store but you can’t download more apps. On the Sony Entertainment Network you have apps exclusive from Sony.

The remote is pretty well designed and user friendly it took me around 5 minutes to figure everything out. It is a little different from the regular TV remotes but overall you can manage to use it without anyone else’s help.

The only negative part about this device is that it has no built in Wi-Fi adapter you can only get internet through a wired Ethernet connection.

I have been using this for over a year now and it’s a great device to have especially if you are on a budget because you can get a lot of entertainment from one device.

02.10.2014 00:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

The best! As classy as its name and as sophisticated as its bottle!

This perfume is very near to my heart. It was the very first gift I got from my husband. We had just started dating and it was my first birthday (with him). I hadn’t even heard of it before receiving it. I can assure you it was the most pleasant surprise!

It comes perfectly held inside in a metal case. It is a glass bottle in the shape of a woman’s body and the bottle is delicately and securely placed inside the cover. The packaging makes it perfect for people who travel a lot. You don’t have to worry about the cap falling off or the perfuming giving your whole suitcase and your belongings a fragrance shower.
      The moment I sprayed it onto my wrist I instantly fell in love with it. It has a subtle rosy (rose scent is not over powering)and musky scent. The smell is as classy as its name. It has a very rich, voluptuous and sophisticated scent like its bottle.
      The best thing about this Eau de Parfum is exactly that its Eau de Parfum and because of its intensity it is very long lasting. The fragrance lingers on for days and days!
      Jean Paul Gautier Classique can be used on all occasions. It works better as an evening intimate perfume because it is strong but I enjoy wearing it in the day time too (applied lightly for long days). This is my favorite go to perfume for dinner parties and weddings.

This scent can make me smile every single time!

01.10.2014 23:07

Advantages

• Cheap
      • "Makes Skin Smooth"
      • "Works Fast"

Disadvantages

• Oily
      • Greasy

This product may be greasy, but is 100% guaranteed effective.

I bought this lotion for my baby. We have tried different creams and lotions before including prescribed ones. Nothing helped. The skin was red, itchy and very dry. So when I bought Eucerin, I didn't expect miracles. But now I can't praise it enough. It started working the next day literally. The lotion removed redness and made the skin soft and supple. I would highly recommend it! Also for me, I've tried many creams before but they didn't work as my skin would still feel rough after a few hours. I started using this after reading positive reviews about it as I have a skin condition where my skin feels bumpy. The cream is thick and a bit greasy when applied to the skin but it gives exceptional results overnight. I apply this before I go to bed and wake up with super soft skin! The bumps on my arms and legs feel much smoother when I use this. It is definitely recommended to people who have very dry skin. Unfortunately, keep in mind this stuff is very greasy. That is a small price to pay for a fantastic value. Greasy just means it is super effective. This was absolutely best case scenario for me and I hope it will be for others who try it too. Okay so the product was not so easy to rub in, its a thick gel like but looks like a normal cream. It also left my belly sticky and my hands...so don't wear your fancy clothes or wait until it fully absorbs into your skin before getting your work clothes and wash your hands afterwards. It has like a citrus herb medicinal smell- basically it doesnt stink. It has only been 3 days so I dont know if I'm jumping the gun but I was truly surprised to see results and results that fast. It has been a great booster to the ego, OH I still have stretch marks but thats ok because this cream is not for stretch marks so dont confuse the two. I have not tried it on my legs or arms, I may but I ran track for years so thats not my area of concern. So if you're a mom with a "brain belly" splurge on this and get it!!!

• Hama AS-93 / PC Speaker / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      01.10.2014 22:29

Advantages

• "nice price"
      • "good sound"
      • Small/compact

Disadvantages

• none

Small speaker with the guts of rave speakers.... almost

I've used a fair selection of speakers during my music loving days, using massive one through my teens, average ones through my twenties and slightly smaller ones when I hit my thirties. These days, now I'm in my forties I tend to listen to my music through smaller speakers, especially on certain laptops of MP3/4 players where the built in speakers are about as loud as a gnats fart in a hurricane.
      And this on one of those smaller types of speakers that I have in one of the rooms ready to be plugged into what ever music player that goes into the room.

There are two speakers, giving stereo music, with these speakers looking almost identical, only one has the control button and dial on it. Those controls being the volume, on/off and 'DX bass', which is the bass on or off.
      To swtich on you just press the on/off button, then turn the volume dial up to what ever level you want. Then, if you want a bit of bass, you press the DX bass button... and that's all you have to do in order the enjoy these.
      They stand nicely on a table, or desk, with the base of them being wider that the tops so that there is no chance of them toppling over.

Both speakers are standing tall, OK maybe not tall tall, maybe more 130mm tall, 85mm deep and 80mm wide, offering 5w per speaker. You do have to install four AA batteries into the one with the controls so that you get the full power and performance from these. But once powered up and plugged into the music players 3.5mm port these speakers give out a nice clear sound, with no distortion at all really. (Although this depends on the track that's being played).
      They are nice and small, or compact, which means that they fit almost anywhere, even able to be attached to the wall so that they're out of the way.

The price of this pair of speakers is a mere £20 or less in some places. They are well worth the money for the sound you get and are a must for those that have a nice laptop with dodgy built in speakers, there are many laptops out there in that category as we all know.

01.10.2014 21:38

Advantages

• "Good price"
      • "Long lasting"

Disadvantages

• "Manual model"

A good value microwave

This particular microwave is part of the Cookworks range which is available from Argos, both in store and online. I have just had a quick look online and this seems to retail for around £25, I must say though, this does look like quite an old model so may have been updated recently.
      The microwave

This microwave is white with a black slightly mirrored front panel, this panel does seem to attract finger prints and because of the amount of use this microwave gets, it does seem to look a little grubby at times. To the front there are several buttons and a couple of large dials which operate the different temperatures and times.

I would say that the microwave is a standard size, measuring approximately 26cm (h) x 43cm (w) x 33cm (d) and has a 17litre capacity.
      In use

I would say that the microwave is really easy to use, simply by turning the two dials the front and then pressing go. The top dial operates the temperature which range from defrost up to 700w, as this is at work, the dial tends to stay at the 700w point. The dial below is for the duration, as I mentioned earlier, this is a manual microwave so although the dial does have markings around the side, you could select what you think was three minutes and actually is would be just over or just under. The microwave starts up as soon as you turn the timer past zero. When the microwave has finished, there is a loud ‘ping’ to alert you.

Despite the door sometimes looking a little on the grubby side, the rest of the microwave looks surprisingly good for its age, inside all the paintwork is still intact (I have come across microwaves in the past where this has started to peel away) and all the markings around the dials to the front are still in place and haven’t started to wear away.
      Overall

This microwave is at least 5 years old and still going strong which I think is excellent considering how much it gets used, normally at 12.30 there is a queue of around 3 or 4 people wanting to use it.

For me, I prefer microwaves where you can be more specific with the timings but I would definitely recommend this, especially considering the price and how much it gets used. I would give this 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown