• USB Mug Warmer / Gadget / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 17:55

Advantages

• "does what it says it does"

Disadvantages

• "only does what it says it does ever so slightly"

Warmer Than Cold

Well this 'mug warmer' is really just what it says it is, but only slightly. This is for the people who prepare a cup of hot tea, or noodles, or chocolate, or whatever it is you prepare hot in a metal mug. So if you don't drink things out of a metal mug like the one in the picture, then this is not for you. This product wins the thumbs up for being exactly as described... in the picture. The picture shows a thin metal mug sitting on the warm plate (no where near hot plate) implying that the metal mug is warm. I personally happen to have a few metal mugs like this and can say that the solution which I have prepared inside of it, when placed on the USB warmer, stays noticeably warmer than if it were left on its own for the same amount of time. Pop the lid on and it will stay even warmer, naturally. I give this USB warm plate credit for being a 'warmer', but not a 'hotter'; if there were such a thing. The creators of this somewhat functional piece of this relatively cheap feeling product did put some aesthetic thought into something that would never seem to have the need for a good looking design. With sloped edges that are italic in fashion and a small attractive image on the front to inform you of its purpose this is a great looking mug warmer. The only design flaw is the short USB cable, but this can be a short fix with an USB extension cable In short, this is a versatile little piece of kit that will stop your hot cup of something from getting completely cold when you sit down at the computer.

Comments

Login or register to add comments
    • WiperBlades.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      More +
      24.04.2014 16:35
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Cannot comment on product - have not received it yet!"
      • None

Disadvantages

• "Despatch time pledge meaningless"
      • "Cannot leave comments directly on site"
      • "Money taken from account before despatch"
      • "Poor communication"

A disgrace all round.

I ordered a new wiper blade on Tuesday night, under the impression the goods would be despatched by 4:30 p.m on Wednesday. as per the website pledge, and paid for upgraded postage to First Class, in order to try to get delivery before the weekend. I received an acknowledgement of payment at 9:02 a.m. on Wednesday morning. The item had still not been despatched, despite being marked as in stock, by 4:30 p.m. on THURSDAY, despite the front and centre pledge to despatch same day by 4:30 p.m. Had I realised that the item would be delayed so significantly, and that communication and service would be so poor I would never have ordered. I have had to go and buy, at notably greater expense, a new one from a dealer in order that I may safely use my car this weekend, so it has cost me additional money as well. Dreadful communication, bad information, delayed despatch ? it amounts to fraud. If you don?t have the stock to despatch, you have no right making the sale without informing the customer of that fact first, especially in face of the fact that the postage was upgraded as well. Why do they think this is acceptable? Will they be publishing my complaint on their customer comments page to warn people about the service? I doubt it. I?m not surprised there is no facility to leave comments on the site. I suspect that there would be too many negative ratings. They managed to take my money immediately, however. It would have been appropriate to wait until despatch was confirmed, of course, as a professional retailer would have done, but this is just more of the same piss-poor service so perhaps I shouldn?t be surprised.

Comments

• Adidas Yatra Trainers / Shoes / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 15:15
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Adidas Trainers"

Disadvantages

originalsfootwear.com

Find the best Adidas Trainers bargains online including Adidas Originals Trainers, Adidas Samba, Adidas Gazelle OG, Adidas Beckenbauer, Adidas ZX380 500, Adidas Kick, Rom. Lacoste and Puma shoes, Sneakers, Trainers and footwear. originalsfootwear.com

Comments

• Promised Land / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 15:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

A Good Film Despite A Slow Start

Steve Butler (Matt Damon) is a high flying sales executive for a natural gas company, Global Crosspower Solutions. He and his sales partner, Sue Thomason (Frances McDormand) are sent to a small farming town in Pennsylvania in order to purchase drilling rights from local residents/landowners. As the town has been hit hard by the economic recession all seems to be going well for the smooth talking sales executive who promises big money as a solution to all their problems until a retired science teacher, Frank Yates (Hal Holbrook) speaks out at a town meeting about the safety of fracking - the process by which natural gas is extracted. The environmental and safety concerns lead the residents to delay the vote for two weeks. During this time a small time environmentalist, Dustin Noble (John Krasinski) comes to the town and offers his support. He claims, using photographic evidence that his family owned a farm and shortly after Global Crosspower commenced fracking their cattle died. As a result the family were unable to pay their debts and the farm was repossessed by the bank. Although the town start to believe Noble all is not what it seems and there is a twist to the plot towards the end of the film which you really do not see coming. There are plenty of stand-offs between Noble and Butler who fights hard to protect his employers reputation. As the film progresses Butler does however start to question whether he is right but to see who the final winner is (if any) you will have to watch the film. For anyone who remembers Damon in the Bourne Trilogy, the Promised Land, as with Damon''s other recent films including We Bought A Zoo, shows a completely different side to the actor. He is more caring, sensitive and down to earth. The film does become quite emotional as the town debate the possible consequences if they decide to accept Global Crosspower''s generous financial offer in order to obtain a higher standard of living. As a result it does make you question the motives of global companies. Are they only concerned about making a profit whatever the cost may be or do they genuinely care about the environment and local people? Overall I found the film very good despite a very slow start. Although I was very tempted to switch it off at the beginning the film does warm up and has a very good storyline.

Comments

• Mower Magic / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 13:42

Advantages

• "loads if you dont use this company"

Disadvantages

Disgusted in all this company has to offer and no applogy

Ordered two parts 15/4/14 checked 16/4/14 and it arrived 24/4/14 in a jiffy bag one part short even thou chris stamped it to say it had been checked for both parts, phoned them told customer services i was one part short got a little laugh out of her was told she would contact dispatch and get them to send out another she couldnt say how long ill be waiting for it to arrive and when asked about 5pound postage for two parts in a jiffy bag and 1st class stamp which i know dont cost 5pound got lame excuse about dispatch have to be paid for there time which is there job. DONT USE THIS COMPANY

Comments

• chow-bella.org.uk / Internet Site / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 10:03
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

Beautiful bowls and worth the wait

I ordered one for these bowls for my cocker spaniel Molly. It arrived yesterday and it''s absolutely beautiful and keeps her ears clean. The wait was 6 weeks but it was definitely worth it!

Comments

• MyBuilder.com / Internet Site / 5 Readings / 3 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 09:57
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• " and gives you confidence that you are not going to be ripped off."
      • " easy"
      • Quick

Disadvantages

• None

I would recommend My Builder to anyone thinkiong of haviong any work done on their

My Builder website is easy to use, quick and efficient - you can read the reviews of the various builders before you make your mind up. It lets you know how far away they are and lets you create a short list from which you can then select the best. My Builder is a brilliant way of minimising the stress and worry of being ripped off in Britain today. It puts you in control and there is always the fact that you can write a review following the job completion that ensures the task is always done well.

Comments

• 24 - Season 4 (DVD) / TV Series / 5 Readings / 3 Ratings
      More +
      24.04.2014 04:22
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Good action"
      • "Kim Raver"
      • "Kiefer Sutherland"

Disadvantages

• "Some underdeveloped characters"

Another strong season!

*DVD extras not reviewed ? film only review* Plot: The fourth season of 24 sees Erin Driscoll (Alberta Watson) take charge of CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit). Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is now working for Secretary of Defence James Heller (William Devane) and dating his daughter Audrey Raines (Kim Raver). Day 4 sees multiple terror threats hit the US involving kidnapping, nuclear meltdown and missiles. Review: Season 4 of 24 sees the biggest overhaul of personnel since the beginning of the show. The show starts with no Bauer, no Almeida, no Dessler, nothing familiar. It is a brave move for a successful show, to change everything that the audience knows and replace it with new characters. I wasn?t totally sure at the start of the season, too much new-ness for me but it comes good. Alberta Watson who plays Erin Driscoll is pretty awful; she is very unconvincing in the dramatic moments. There is a minor plotline involving the character and her daughter which seems irrelevant but there is a reason behind everything on 24. Watson seems bored most of the time and really doesn?t bring her A-game. I?m also not a fan of Curtis Manning, played by Roger Cross but I?m in the minority with most 24 fans liking him. Manning has basically replaced Jack Bauer at CTU, leading field operations. The character is fairly vanilla, nothing particularly interesting about him which doesn?t give Cross anything to play with. The writers try to give him some character, making him a conquest of Aisha Tyler?s Marianne Taylor but there just isn?t enough to get hooked on. Kim Raver is always great and puts in another strong performance as Audrey Raines, daughter of the Secretary of Defence. She is helped by having a decent character to get her teeth into; the writers clearly put much more time into developing Raines than Manning or Driscoll. William Devane is a piece of good casting as the Secretary of Defence, he has the gravitas but you also feel like he?s a normal guy at the same time. They are both good additions to the show. Jack Bauer goes through quite a transformation in day four of 24, he is quite restrained at the beginning but circumstances pull the real Jack out of him. Kiefer Sutherland is 24, as I have said in my reviews of prior seasons, he really owns the show and is key to its success. I have to admit to growing to like Chloe in this season, I wasn?t particularly complimentary in my earlier review of the show but she becomes a much better character. In episode 19 she gets an action scene which is amazing and cemented my new found love for the character. I think the balance was reached between her being comedic and an asset to the story/show. I liked how there were mini crises for CTU to solve this season, it changed it up a bit as prior seasons focused on a sole threat. 24 had got quite formulaic, and it still is to a certain extent but the writers are clearly willing to change it up rather than boring people with the same old stuff. It is a great season with a brilliant cast. Getting Arnold Vosloo is a real coup; he is a great ?bad guy?. Special mention to Lana Parrilla (now Once Upon a Time?s Evil Queen/Regina), the character of Sarah Gavin may have been a bit meh but she is hot so worth watching. I love the style of 24, after four seasons worth I love the multiple camera angles and the ticking clock. I may be crazy but I can?t help but beep along with the clock (yep I am crazy). The writers do a decent job of balancing action with character; I think they struggled to make some of the newbies particularly interesting with some clearly getting more attention than others. I do commend the writers though for being brave and switching it up a little bit, 24 obviously has quite a strict formula but they managed to make it fresh this season. It may not all have been totally successful but at least they aren?t willing to let it grow stagnant. I would have liked the President to have a bigger part, I feel like the character was underused a bit. I recommend season four of 24, it may suck hours of your life away but it is fun. Take a punt and buy the 24 box set. Cast: Kiefer Sutherland - Jack Bauer Kim Raver - Audrey Raines Alberta Watson - Erin Driscoll Mary Lynn Rajskub - Chloe O''Brian Lana Parrilla - Sarah Gavin William Devane - James Heller Dennis Haysbert - David Palmer Carlos Bernard - Tony Almeida Roger Cross - Curtis Manning Louis Lombardi - Edgar Stiles Jonathan Ahdout -Behrooz Araz Nestor Serrano - Navi Araz Shohreh Aghdashloo - Dina Araz Aisha Tyler - Marianne Taylor James Frain - Paul Raines Arnold Vosloo - Habib Marwan Geoff Pierson - President John Keeler Also posted on ciao under the username shabbating

Comments

• 21 Jump Street (DVD) / DVD / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      More +
      23.04.2014 22:27
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

Disadvantages

21 Jump Street... Right up my street!

Just yesterday I was sat flicking through the ample amount of films on netflix and I came across this little gem. INTRODUCTION The film is an adaptation of the 1987 series of the same name starring the ''oh so lovely'' Johnny Depp. The series involved hiring police officers that look young enough to be able to infiltrate high school students. I was a fan of the series so I thought I would give the film a go... STORYLINE and CHARACTERS The film centres around two police officers Schimdt (Jonah Hill - Superbad) and Jenko (Channing Tatum - Fighter). After failing to arrest a group of bikers they get given a special assignment. Schmidt and Jenko must go undercover to infiltrate a gang that have come up with a new synthetic drug... All at High School! Overall it is a great storyline, however, there is not much different from the series. It is enjoyable and laughs are around every corner. The nerdiness and innocence that Hill brings works extremely well with Tatums boyish charms and athletic physique (Ladies, you know what I mean). Ice Cube also plays apart as Captain Dickinson, giving off a typical character found in these types of films, but you cannot help but laugh at him. OTHER INFORMATION I would set this in the genre of action/comedy, and those who liked Jonah Hills previous films should really give this a go. It has a running time of around 109 minutes and is a 15 certificate. It does contain quite a bit of swearing and obviously images of drug abuse (not really suitable for the little ones). DVD FEATURES The features aren''t great but they do give you a look how the film came to be. On the DVD I have you can get the director and cast commentary (which in parts is funny but not really my cup of tea), Deleted scenes (There is a reason why they are deleted) and a "Back to School" featurette (the backstage look at how its made and some interviews with cast and crew... worth a look)

Comments

• More +
      23.04.2014 21:48
      Not Helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• creamy

Disadvantages

• creases

Disappointing

Avon used to be affordable for the every day average working mum but these days its not. This eye shadow was not worth the price as it went into the creases of my eyes then faded and rubbed off after a few minutes.

Comments

• More +
      23.04.2014 18:01
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "magnetic attachment"
      • "smart little cord clip"
      • "premium finish"
      • "tangle free cord"
      • "abstract design"

Disadvantages

• "can attract fingerprints"
      • "rectifier (box) is a little large"
      • "wires can become exposed after time"
      • "can attract dirt"

Not Your Everyday Power Buddy

The apple Magsafe adaptor is something out of this world. Whilst most consumer products include a bland black box suspended by two lengths of cord to charge a device, Apple has deferred from this same old concept and has come up with something as revolutionary as the product that it charges. The design of this Apple Magsafe adaptor is in a league of its own. With a high gloss white design, metallic installations and the inclusion of the most famous and well known piece of fruit on this planet, this simple charger shouts 'premium' to everyone near it. Apple has thought about the design and use of this component about as much as the products this company sells. Apple knows that people hate buying things they will only use once or twice and this is why they masterfully incorporated a 'chop and change' accessibility option to this charger. What this means is that not only can you charge your MacBook Air in your place of residence, but you can also bring your charger and MacBook abroad by simply clicking off the provided terminal attachment and slipping on one that is compatible with the power outlets at the country you are visiting. On top of this nifty idea, the ability to slip off the power terminal also allows for an easy fix should you accidentally bend or damage the terminal connected. This not only reduces landfill, but also reduces your money out of pocket. We cannot forget the genius idea of incorporating a magnet to clip the charger into your MacBook Air. Not only does this save time trying to fiddle the cable into its place but also again prevents money spent on a new charger. As with everything ever built, there are a few little flaws. Firstly, with this product being made of high gloss plastic, it is bound to attract fingerprints; not that anyone really looks down at your laptop charger and judges its cleanliness. The fact that the cable is made of a rubberised material also means more marks in the form of dirt. This happens with just about every charging cable Apple has ever produced. But this can be cleaned off with a wet piece of paper towel of a wet wipe. The big white box is well... big and the cable can become a little worn at times. Despite these minor flaws, Apple has easily created the best wired charger for a portable device ever.

Comments

• More +
      23.04.2014 16:44
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "Very filling"
      • "low in calories and fat content"
      • "Easy to make up"
      • "Cheap to buy"

Disadvantages

• "None for me at all!"

Easy peasy mash with Smash!

I am not the worlds biggest lover of potatoes. I do however eat them but never do I make my own mashed potato but thats because I get pains in my hands and can''t be doing with peeling, chopping and mashing and if I spot one single lump in a mash I won''t not eat it! However I will eat a quality instant mash from time to time and for that reason I always have a pack of instant in and I have a liking of this one cos years ago I did Weightwatchers and ate a lot of this stuff to actually help lose my weight and fill me up! The Packaging: The bag that my Original Smash came in is a dark red. On the front if we are told what it is and who it by, that my pack makes 6 servings and that it is low in fat and contains no artificial colours and only natural flavourings and that it is made from real potatoes and to just add water and there is an at a glance nutritional chart shown and a photograph of some made up Smash and then on the back of the pack other information given includes being told a bit about the product and how to make it up, the ingredients are clearly given along with a null nutritional chart, the weight is stated (in my case 176g) and contact details for the manufacturer are given. Its a nice, robust and informative pack however it isn''t resealable'' Using It: What you get is a lot of dried white flakes and all you need to do is add boiling water and mix it with a fork until it thickens (instructions for making up one portion are given). You can use more water to make a thinner potato mix, less water and/or more flakes for a thicker mash and so on. You can add butter/spread/milk/herbs or whatever...I simply make this up with boiling water and add a little seasoning cos I do think this needs a little seasoning. What you get is lots of white fluffy potato, I never get lumpy mash and I like the smooth texture and do think it tastes like a good quality mash! Its simple as anything to make up and of course you can use this as accompaniment to a meal or use it on a quick to make up Shepherd''s pie and the likes. It is totally suitable for Vegetarians and for children over 12 months and one serving of 180g of this mash only contains 97 Calories and just 0.2g of Saturated Fat which is brilliant as its so filling. So yep I like this, its handy to have in the cupboard, tasty and can be made up in just a few seconds and for that reason I always have it in! Widely available in all good supermarkets and in different sizes and flavours too! This review is also posted on Ciao under this same username.

Comments

• More +
      23.04.2014 16:31

Advantages

• COMPACT

Disadvantages

• "NOT RELIABLE"

Really not too bad

Asda are my first port of call when I need to buy a cheap electrical item quickly, usually after my original one has ceased to operate properly and has given up the ghost.I bought this vacum cleaner a few months ago and have not had any problems with it although because it has such a small motor you cant go around hoovering up large chunks of debris and mostly have to be very careful when using it so that it does not become clogged up. I guess you get what you pay for and I wont complain as this has been a little lifesaver but unfortunately , I cant see it lasting out the end of the year. All in all not bad for the price though and it has come in handy.

Comments

• Cadbury's Fruit & Nut / Chocolate / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      More +
      23.04.2014 15:59

Advantages

• Treat

Disadvantages

• "Somewhat different"

A firm fave but bring back the fruit and nut in proper quantity

Is it just my imagination or has Cadbury''s classic treat become less fruity and nutty over the years? This has always been a favorite of mine but I can still remember the days when a bite of Fruit and Nut meant just that and not just an empty mouthful of plain old dairy milk with hardly any fruit or indeed nut to show for it. It may be my age showing, but many confectionery treats such as this one seem to have dwindled in both size and quality over the years.It used to be if you bit into this bar it was bursting with juicy raisins and sultanas and had a good ratio of nut to chocolate. Nowadays your''e lucky if you find five or six raisins and a few measly nut particles. Never the less it remains a firm fave and continues to do my waist line no favors at all which is just the way chocolate is supposed to be so Ill continue to enjoy and just hope that My Cadbury brings back a hearty mouthful of what he promises on his labels, I like to get what I''m paying for.

Comments

• More +
      23.04.2014 15:20
      Very helpful
      (Rating)

Advantages

• "good feeling to it"
      • "long distance connectivity"
      • "long lasting battery"

Disadvantages

great price, best wireless mouse on the market

I have had this mouse for 2 years now and i would never consider using another mouse other than this mouse. it has a great feel to it and is easy to use and set up all you have to do is plug in the mouse with the micro USB stick and it is ready to go. the thing i like most about this mouse is the fact that is is a very compact design. integrated into the mouse there is a slot where the micro USB fits into so that when carrying the mouse around with you, you won''t lose the little USB as the mouse and USB are all in one together. the good thing about this mouse also is that with it being wireless there is no cable to annoy you, the mouse has a great communication line between the computer and mouse as it is very responsive and there has never been a point where the mouse has glitched out or anything as such. the mouse also has a great distance, i usually watch films by connecting my laptop to my tv and therefore i sit on the sofa to watch these films, whilst im sat on the sofa i can use the mouse to click on the links on my laptop to load up a movie, this is very convenient as the mouse is great for connectivity. the battery for this mouse are 2 Double AA batteries and the first pair of batteries that i slot into this mouse lasted me over a year before i had to change them which is amazing as you dont always have to spend money on batteries and having to change them all the time, this being a great feature for the mouse. all in all this is in my opinion the best wireless mouse on the market from microsoft, must buy.

Comments

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 65752
  • Sort by:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32476

* Prices may differ from that shown