• Kenwood M-616DV / Hifi System / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.03.2015 13:35

Advantages

• "quality of sound"
      • price
      • compact

Disadvantages

• "not found"

Good music center for the family

Music center Kenwood M-616DV appeared in our family recently, but during this time I can give it a rating and tell you a little about him.
      Music center can work with CD and DVD drives can play audio formats Audio CD, MP3, and WMA, and also has the ability to play DivX video. Speaker system is equipped with two speakers 20 watts each and one changer for disks. On the front of the centre of the volume control and bass control and regulator high frequencies. Kenwood M-616DV has a USB port that allows you to connect external hard drives and play them. Also it has a built-in FM tuner, by which it is convenient to listen to the radio and have the opportunity to record in the memory 20 of them. Managing music is quite convenient with the remote, it contains all the necessary buttons to control. The music centre is very compact, it easily can take with you. The weight is 2.8 kg If you want to listen to music, when all the house is asleep, you can play music through headphones, the sound is equally good. However headphones't go in the set.
      The main advantage of the music center Kenwood - great sound, despite its size! This is true, the speakers are not very powerful, but can be easily configured for different type of sound.
      All the features and settings of the music center can be found in the instructions, where everything is clearly written.
      Everyone decides for himself, depending on needs and opportunities, but if you need a music centre with optimal "size-price-quality - recommend.

02.03.2015 12:21

Advantages

• Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Does the job"

Job done!

The Wella SP Men Remove Shampoo was on offer for 99p in Wilko’s and so job done. The good thing here is its both shampoo and bodywash! But anyone with half a brain realizes you can wash your hair with body wash and and it’s not a lot of difference to shampoo, as you can use shampoo as a bodywash. We would all love that bouncy shiny hair you see in the adverts after using expensive shampoo but we all know we get dry skin and hair the next morning and so a bad hair day inevitable. Hair is meant to have some natural oils in it and when I went backpacking in the old days I would use talc in my barnet on day three and four to take away the grease and shine. Works a treat!

As far as a bodywash goes with this its job done. I can’t say if it’s any better or any worse then any other brand. It leaves a pleasant scented smell and handled the ‘crack and sack’ attack with gusto. If your woman is in the shower with you ready to help apply it there are plenty of bubbles produced to cover her naughty bits if she is shy. If she wants to soap your pec’s and six-pac it’s nice and slippery for that. If you are elderly then it’s very slippy on the shower floor so you may go ass over tit, having to extract your sagging booby or todger from the plug hole.

There is decent amount for your money and should last a couple of months or more. Price wise it’s available in the pound stores and probably twice that in the supermarkets. It would obviously cost a lot more depending on the type of store you use but not a brand you see in every store. I suspect its being discontinued in some stores and why it’s showing up in pound stores.

There was no skin irritation for me but it does make your eyes redden and sting some if you get some in there. But most do and so fair enough. Sadly this is why we have to test this stuff on the poor little animals. As far as being a hair wash product its all down to how much you apply. Too much and your hair is thick and dry the next day and your skin will look older. It will also expose all your grey hair. I use small amounts so to not to expose my grey hairs. A brown thick felt tip pen can always deal with the side grey bits.lol. Hey, I’m giving you all my beauty secrets!

02.03.2015 11:29

Advantages

• "stops frizz"
      • "works well"

Disadvantages

• "none for me"

L'OREAL SMOOTH AND POLISH 60 SECOND SAVIOR

I have fine unruly hair that is prone to frizz especially in damp weather. I like to ring the changes as far as hair care products go as I find that my hair responds best when I don’t use any one product for too long. I really like the L’Oreal hair care range ( with a few exceptions) and so when I saw there was a promotion on L’Oreal hair care in Boots I bought a few bottles. One of the products I bought was a tube of smooth and polish 60 second savior.

L’Oreal smooth and polish60 second savior is an intensive conditioner designed for use on unruly fine hair. I also have dry hair and although it is not specifically designed for dry hair I was hoping it would help to tame my frizz! The product comes in a large toothpaste style tube that is designed to stand on its lid. I paid £3.33 for a 200 ml tube (the RRP is £4.99).

I usually wash my hair in the shower and after shampooing I massaged a walnut size amount of the conditioner through my hair and left in on for the prescribed 60 seconds. The first thing to say is that the smell is gorgeous, very florally and feminine. The conditioner is quite thick and has a slightly pearlised effect. After a minute its time to rinse the conditioner off and I can tell immediately that my hair feels soft.

The conditioner contains keratin polish and camellia both of which are designed to help smooth the hair making it appeal smooth. I am delighted with the results that this conditioner gives! After use my hair looks a lot smoother with no frizz or flyaways. The scent lasts quite well too. This is one product I will definitely be buying again!

• Karcher K3550X / Pressure Washer / 4 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.03.2015 11:12

Advantages

• "small dimensions"
      • "gustatory quality"
      • price

Disadvantages

• "Short high pressure hose"

The right thing in every house

This model range is distinguished by its new design. Mini washer Karcher K3550X has less weight, increased durability and reduced noise. The device fully meets the requirements for any cleaning of the premises, both inside and outside the home: contaminated surfaces, facades of houses, stone walls, and swimming pools, garden equipment, carpets, cars and even more. Purchased this mini washing the floor years ago. Was very lucky with the purchase. It is universal. Initially attracted by the price, try to use very good quality of cleaning, the pressure is powerful enough and most importantly herself pumps water. This mini washing has the opportunity to apply shampoo and work with contactless foam which is very comfortable and gives a great effect, in contrast to simple cleaning with water. It's best used in combination with detergent. Included are convenient tips that are easy to change. My car just 15 minutes, and with her a pleasure. The weight of the sink I should mention as the advantage of only 11 kg easy to carry by yourself. As it is a water filter to avoid damage from contact with water of any particles. The nozzle and hose can be easily placed on the body. Another plus - this adapter to connect a garden hose, especially people need that much or often spend time in the gardens or the gardens. One of the drawbacks note: the water pump is made of metal, so it can resist corrosion. And the high pressure hose 6 meters, a little bit short. So I'm very happy that I purchased mini washer Karcher K3550X.

• MUA Eyebrow Pencil / Make Up / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.03.2015 10:36

Advantages

• "It's just £1!"
      • "Good quality"

Disadvantages

• None!

A good quality eyebrow pencil for just ONE POUND!

I love the MUA range from Superdrug. It is a budget range of make up but it's actually really good and the quality is fantastic for the price you pay. These eyebrow pencils are a bargain for just £1 each. I didn't notice how many different shades were available (I will look closer next time) but I did manage to find a "Dark Brown" shade which looked the closest shade to my hair colour. This shade is for brunette hair, which is what I have.

The pencil is of a good size and width. It comes with a plastic lid to protect the end of the pencil and on the bottom of the pencil is a small comb. The comb is also protected by a plastic lid. The pencil is easy to grasp and the consistency of the pencil is thick and creamy. I have blonde eyebrows as I am a redhead (although I do tint them) and this pencil helps to fill in any gaps whilst shaping and defining my brows. It is quick and easy to use, perfect for when I'm in a morning rush, which is more or less every morning!

The pencil glides onto my brows well and looks really natural. It doesn't look "drawn on", unless you press too hard on it. You just need to glide the pencil over your brows GENTLY as the creamy formula of the pencil does the work for you. The pencil stays on all day and doesn't fade or rub off, unless you purposely rub it off. It is easy to remove too. I find that the pencil simply washes off with a facial wash or comes off easily with a make up wipe.

Overall this eyebrow pencil is a bargain for the money and it's actually of good quality, so don't be put off by the cheap price. The brush is a useful addition too. It brushes the creamy pencil through your brows and helps to neaten them up in one quick sweep.

A good quality eyebrow pencil at a bargain price of just ONE POUND!

I definitely would recommend this range of make up!

• Wild At Heart (DVD) / DVD / 7 Readings / 7 Ratings
      02.03.2015 09:55

Advantages

• "Some good acting"
      • "Strange and interesting"

Disadvantages

• "Quite dark in places"

Strange but Compelling

This strange film directed by David Lynch is one that once you have watched it you may never forget certain parts of it. I'm a huge fan of Lynch myself but I find this movie very dark in places, somewhat blending the images and events of hyper-reality with the mind and soul of art. It's not a movie I can love but it's one that I like watching now and then because it's so different to most other film work from either now or any other era.

Nicholas Cage stars as Elvis lookalike 'Sailor' and Laura Dern as his wild Marilyn Monroe lookalike lover, Lula. The story of their 'romance' is a very convoluted one in which Sailor ends up in jail a couples of times, breaking parole and taking part in a number of crimes. Dianne Ladd stars as Lula's mother whose influence and interference is part of the reason why Sailor is implicated in criminal activities. Ladd was nominated for both a Golden Globe and an Oscar for her role.

The film has many moments of strong, gory violence and disgusting moments of realism which do not sit well with me. I particularly dislike a scene with Twin Peak's Sherilyn Fenn in which she has survived a car crash but has terrible head injuries and can not understand what is wrong with her head. There are other unsettling scenes where the injuries of gun violence are shown very clearly. The gritty lifestyle of Lula and Sailor is also quite difficult to digest as we see it in very vivid detail.

There are some odd moments in the movie and this is not surprising when Lynch is at the helm. The end scene features a dream hallucination relating to the Wizard of Oz and which is completely spellbinding and strange!

This movie isn't for everyone and may only be suitable for those who like cult movies or films that are as far from mainstream as you can get. At certificate 18 it's a movie that should be enjoyed by adults only.

• Sony DSC-RX100M3 / Digital Camera / 5 Readings / 5 Ratings
      02.03.2015 09:28

Advantages

• quality
      • "overall size"

Disadvantages

• "uncomfortable grip"
      • "sound video"

A very handy camera

Bought camera Sony DSC-RX100M3 my mom's birthday. Because she loves to travel and to photograph. The main criterion for selection was its size, because my mother is not a professional photographer to her all these different functions are not needed.
      Advantages:
      It is small. He could fit as a small women's handbag and chest pocket mens shirts.
      - Lightweight for its capacity, despite the metal case, its weight 290 gr.
      - Excellent quality video with excellent stabilization AVCHD 50p, XAVC S - 50MB/s
      - Can easily capture fast-moving objects.
      - Capacity battery provides up to 320 photos.
      A good viewfinder that this size vehicles at all uncommon.
      - Full set of manual and scene settings.
      - Completely silent!
      Convenient tilt screen.
      Detail comparable with the budget DSLRs.
      In the presence of additional software applications that can be upgraded.
      - It is very easy to use thanks to automatic settings.
      Disadvantages:
      - Battery power on the screen shows the icon of the three segments, it was very unusual for this class. Similar cameras from other brands category is specified in minutes, or in percent.
      Because of the small size is not very comfortable grip, but this can be fixed by buying a separate overlay. Although those same counterparts this lining is glued directly on the plant.
      - The sound on the video is clean, but without bass.
      In conclusion, I can say that for those who want to have quality and small size is a great option. It can easily be worn everywhere with me.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 09:03

Advantages

• "Able to upgrade components to suit."
      • "Fast build time"

Disadvantages

• "None so far"

Excellent product and service.

A first class service, I opted for a top of the range laptop and the build time was very fast and it was delivered within four days. Excellent service.

• Acer V200 GPS / GPS Sat Nav / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.03.2015 08:53

Advantages

• price
      • "overall size"

Disadvantages

• "not found"

An indispensable tool in the road

My wife and I really love to travel and to spend time studying the map, we decided bought a Navigator. They began to look around the shops, but for a very long time could not decide what to take, what would and was not expensive and has completed all its functions. So we ended Navigator Acer V200 GPS.
      Somehow figured out what was happening in the settings. And his first test, he passed with excellent. We traveled only at night. Fewer cars and not so hot. And Navigator, honestly practiced spent money on it. Never made a mistake. Told where it is necessary to reduce the speed at which the road works. And along the way there were many. Slept in spurts. But I will say: no Navigator would have lost. Rescued, delivered to the right place. Navigation is excellent, shows everything in detail. Errors if there are then only because of their own wrong route settings.
      Now I will say a little about the feature:
      Navigator Acer V200 GPS has a 3.5-inch LCD display with a resolution of 320x240 pixels, the processor Samsung S3C2442XL with a clock frequency of 300 MHz. It has 64 MB RAM, 64 MB flash memory and an expansion slot for memory cards format SD/MMC, and also built-in speaker 1 W.
      It also comes with software Destinator 6 and 512 MB SD memory card. Powered receiver from the lithium-ion battery 1100 mAh, which provides up to three hours of continuous work. The weight of the Navigator 172 gr. Due to its small size, it does not obstruct the view.
      We travel to different cities and at a great distance. And after the purchase of the Navigator became much more comfortable, faster and more convenient.

02.03.2015 07:03

Advantages

• Detailed
      • "No small parts"

Disadvantages

Sweet toy for in the night garden fans

The Ninky nonk is a vehicle which features in the popular children's tv show called in the night garden. It carries the various characters on trips through the night garden and seems to make up its own mind about the destination of these trips!

This toy is a smallish replica of the Nicky nonk with each carriage being under 10 cm long. The three sections are very true to the tv show with every detail in place. The carriages can be connected and disconnected and whole 'train' can be moved along on the working wheels.

All toddlers I know love in the night garden and my 2 year old transport mad son particularly likes the Ninky nonk.

Advantages: this toy has no small parts but is small enough itself to encourage manual dexterity when attaching the carriages. My son loves linking them up and then pulling the connected vehicle around the floor. The carriages are easily connected so it is not frustrating for a little one. This is also a bright and interesting looking toy. The last advantage I wanted to mention is that it doesn't require batteries which is great. My children always leave their toys switched on and we go through batteries at a terrific rate.

Disadvantages: it would be nice if the doors opened but having said this they would probably get snapped off given the target age for this toy. My only real criticism is that when it is pulled along on thick carpet the carriages tend to disconnect themselves.

Price and availability: this toy is available on amazon for £14. In my opinion it is a little overpriced for a toy with no moving parts or noises etc. there is also a more expensive musical version available but I haven't seen one of these so can't comment on it.

Summary: this is a sweet little toy which any night garden fan will love. Highly recommended.

• Dell Studio 15 / Laptop / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.03.2015 23:45

Advantages

• "Very good"

Disadvantages

Dell Studio 15 Review with a good thing you should know

Dell continues trying and updating their notebook designs this year, and the new Dell Studio 15 is the latest consumer 15-inch notebook that highlights these new designs. Is it possible taking design elements from the 13.3" XPS M1330 and the 15.4" Dell XPS M1530 and make a budget notebook that keeps consumers happy? Take a look at our full review of the Studio 15 to find out for yourself.

We purchased our review unit of the Studio 15 from Staples where they offer set configurations of the Studio 15. Our budget configuration cost $799. Fully customized configurations are available at Dell.com.

As mentioned in our first look, we had hoped to conduct a full review of a custom-ordered Studio 15 machine with an orange colored lid. Unfortunately, the shipping date for our review unit was pushed back more than a month … so we will complete our full review based on the pre-configured model available at Staples.

• Tesco Value Orange Juice / Soft Drink / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      01.03.2015 23:30

Advantages

• "Is cheaper than alternative brands"
      • "Tastes good."

Disadvantages

• "Can look cloudy."

Cheap But Still Delicious!

I often drink fruit juices as part of a healthy diet and one of the drinks I often purchase is this Tesco's Own Value Orange Juice. It's the cheapest juice that they sell at only 65p for a 1 litre carton. This can be compared to brands like Tropicana which can charge up to more than three times that amount.

The drink comes in a plain white carton with no attractive images printed on it. It basically is printed with plain text explaining what the product is. How the product packaging really doesn't matter in this case, I feel. The carton is rectangular shaped with a raised plastic pouring head and a screw off top. When you first open this there is a ring pull and plastic/foil cover which is an extra seal of protection.

The pure orange juice (from concentrate) looks very bright orange although it is prone to being a bit more cloudy than more premium brands. It also doesn't dilute with water (I often water down my juices or add ice) very well and tends to look as though it is separating. However, it tastes great and I honestly can't discern any difference between this and more expensive brands! It has a tangy aftertaste which is pleasant and uplifting. It has a sharp, citrus aroma which is appetizing.

The drink needs to be stored in the fridge and the shelf life is around 7 days and I haven't noticed any deterioration in flavour in this period.

I would recommend this to any shoppers who like fresh, refreshing juices but are on a budget. I would also recommend trying the apple from concentrate in the same range. It is available at Tesco in the chilled section and also from the Long Life juice section. The cartons are 65p each for 1 litre.

01.03.2015 23:20

Advantages

• "Free materials to study"
      • "Can manage household while studying as a single parent"
      • "Lots of choice"
      • "Easy to use once started"

Disadvantages

• "Can be difficult to get started"
      • "Lack of communication from tutors"

Brilliant and fits into my life.

I started with an Access Course 2 years ago, which ended with me getting a Distinction in Science, Maths and Technology. The course was interesting in parts, boring in others, which I can imagine is the same as normal university.
      The fact I could study at home was brilliant for me as a single mum. I don't have a lot of time to myself and this meant I could do it when I was ready, not when they needed me. The phone calls from my tutor were scary at first (I was talking to a stranger about how much I knew/didn't know!)
      I have just started my Bsc Hons in Computing and Business. The tutor is yet to contact me even though I am three months in...so that's not gone too well. But I have found my way around myself. Thankfully I am good with computers anyway. There is a lot of support on the forums and on the web too.
      If like me you need a new start then I fully recommend the Open University.

01.03.2015 23:13

Advantages

• "Daughter likes it"
      • "Readily available"
      • "Tastes great"

Disadvantages

• Cost

Great but price isn't

Fruit shoots are a handy drink to have when you have thirsty children, especially when your out and about.
      They taste great and my daughter will always be hydrated when she has one of these on the go. In our house the apple and blackcurrant one has fared the winner, over the orange and the strawberry variety.
      The price however is not so great. It can range from anything to 94p (bargain of sorts) to £3 for only 4. There is much cheaper same sort of drinks on the market, that to be honest don't fault on the taste either.
      I would say that these drinks are brilliant if you are planning a day out, however if it's for every day use, I would go for the cheaper ones or even just throw some cordial in a used bottle. If your child is like mine, they probably wont notice! And it saves you a small fortune!

01.03.2015 23:03

Advantages

• "Good morals to the story"
      • "Reads well"

Disadvantages

Teaching children not to judge new people + still a fun story

I bought this book recently to add to my children's collection. I had not previously seen it before.
      The story is about a little girl who lives in a small seaside village on a road where all of her neighbours are rather grumpy. The house next door to hers is sold to a family of pirates who arrive in their ship complete with their cutlasses, pirate hats and rats. The young girl is thrilled to have such exciting neighbours and makes friends with the young pirate boy. The girl's parents and all the other neighbours in the street and unhappy with the new pirate family. They gossip and judge the pirates for being too noisy, scruffy, blocking the sunlight with their ship etc and insist they must move. The pirate boy tells the little girl they are only staying for a short while as their ship is being repaired and that every time they move they find unhappy neighbours. He tells her that when they do leave they like to leave their neighbours a surprise so that they think better of pirate families. Then one morning the street awakes to find the pirates have moved back to sea to explore the world and they have left each one of the neighbours a gift of buried treasures in each of their gardens. This changed the perspective of the neighbours and they all talk about how nice their pirate neighbours were and how they will miss them. The little girl and pirate boy stay friends and send each other messages in a bottle.
      This book is a good way to teach children that you should not judge new or different people and being a story this lesson is shared in a way that young children will understand.
      My daughter really enjoyed the story especially as she loves pirates and she particularly liked the ending with all the grumpy neighbours being happy and liking pirates after all.
      I also found this story to be a little longer than a lot of other childrens stories we read together which was nice.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown