• HP Pavilion P6-2065uk / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      02.07.2015 13:44

Advantages

• "i7 Processor"

Disadvantages

• "No USB 3.0"

Great value for the money.

The HP Pavilion P6-2065uk it's a shiny nice looking desktop, but of course I didn't buy it for the look, but for the i7 processor, which is fairly fast, still today. The rest is not so great, just good, like the 4 GB DD3 RAM, which you can and you could upgrade by adding another stick of 4 GB so you will have a nice 8 GB RAM.
      It has a tv tuner card so you can easily watch your favourite shows on the monitor.
      Another reason I like this computer it's because of the size of the hard drive, that's 1.5 TB, enough for everything, I never reached more than 50% of the occupied size, so it doesn't matter there is no space for adding a second hard drive inside.
      I also like it because of the 2 USB ports and the card reader in the front, very easy to access.
      Now I really wish it had a USB 3.0 port for the big files transfer.
      The video card it's integrated and it's not so good for gaming, so if you want a gaming desktop this is not for you. I prefer to play on console, so I don't care about gaming performance at my pc. The mouse and the keyboard are wireless.
      It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, boots up pretty quick, and it's very quiet.

Now it's a bit old but it still does his job well so it's a very good value for the money.

02.07.2015 13:31

Advantages

• "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "Stood the test of time"

A Big Powerful Microwave that has Stood the test of Time

Intro

It must be 5 years ago now that I had a microwave that broke. At the time I only used the microwave to make flavoured instant porridge for breakfast and so it was no real great loss to me. However, on informing my mum of my lack of microwave she very kindly found that it was her motherly duty to buy me a replacement.
      I do not consider myself a fussy or demanding daughter and as such was very grateful to my mum for buying me a microwave. I was asked if there was anything specific that I wanted and said 'no, anything that you are happy to get me please'. As my mum lives a long way away she arranged for my new microwave to be delivered to me and I was pleasantly surprised when my Morphy Richards AM925EFP silver microwave arrived, although I must say, initially I was surprised at the size as it is big.

Current Price and Availability

As I say, I think it was 5 years ago that I got this microwave. I know that my mum ordered it for me from Argos but do not know how much she paid for it at the time. Looking online I cannot see that the main white good sellers such as Curry's or Argos sell this item any more. The only place that I can see that currently lists this particular microwave is Homebase. It is currently detailed online that Homebase are selling this microwave on eBay at £59.99 reduced from £89.99. I think that this is a pretty good price for a very substantial piece of equipment which is made by a known brand.

Spec

Microwave power output 900 watts.
      Heating category E.
      Interior capacity 25 litres.
      Painted steel interior.
      31.5cm diameter rotating turntable.
      Maximum dish height 19cm.
      5 microwave settings.
      8 auto cook setting.
      Auto weight defrost/cook.
      Defrost.
      95 minute timer.
      24 hour clock.
      Child safety lock.
      Size (H)30.5, (W)51.3, (D)42.5cm.
      Weight 14.3kg.

User Manual

The user manual for the Morphy Richards AM925EFP microwave can be downloaded from the below link:
      I think that this manual is really very useful. It gives the general spec on the product along with the general warnings about not letting your young children use them unattended, and to be careful heating liquids and other items that could explode if full covered.
      In my opinion this manual goes above and beyond listing all items that can be used in the microwave, what should be avoided, details on operating the microwave and even what the cooking times are of certain foods such as potatoes based on weights.
      I find the manual nice and easy to understand, useful and it is all in English which is a bit or a rarity nowadays,

Using the AM925EFP Microwave

Initially looking at this microwave it seems as little confusing as there are no numbers on it. However, there is a circular knob that is used to scroll up and down the numbers.
      Initially turning the microwave on there are 2 main ways that you may want to use the microwave:

Method one, press the top button and select if you want 100% 80% 50% 30% or 10% power. Once decided press the lowest button to confirm. Then use the twisty knob at the bottom to scroll up to the time you require.

Method two: the lowest button if pressed once will microwave at full power for 30 seconds, press twice fir 1 minute, three times for 1 minute 30 and so on.

I find this microwave incredibly easy to use and find I can do everything I want to easily using the above methods I have described. You can do more with this microwave but I'm really not sure why you would want to press that you are having pasta and then detail the weight etc.
      This microwave is large, it is possibly the largest microwave that I have ever used. Because of the size of it there is nothing that I have wanted to put in it that would not fit. For me this is not really a positive as it means that it uses up a lot of my kitchen work top space. However, if you had a large family or a huge appetite I would guess this would come in handy.

This microwave is 900 watts and I find that it heats everything up really nice and quickly. I have to admit I really don't understand how microwaves work but they never seem to heat things up evenly. With this microwave being so powerful I have on just a few occasions ended up with part of my food baking hot and another bit cold, however, I know this is just down to incorrect cooking times.
      The microwave cooking instructions on most food that I have wanted to microwave only gives cooking instructions for microwaves up to 800w or sometimes 850w. This does tend to means that I have to guess on the cooking times or reduce the power level. This is a little annoying but generally just slightly reducing the cooking time seems to work ok I have found.

Cleaning & Maintenance

Of course despite the warnings a about not letting food explode in microwaves this does inevitably happen when you out something to microwave for a little longer than you should. I find that cleaning the inside of this microwave is really pretty easy. There are not a great deal of component parts to take out and it really is the simpler the better. I can take out my glass plate and circular runner underneath it. Then cleaning the inside of my microwave is easy as it is just cleans lines.

I generally always clean my microwave after using it and just wipe it around with a cloth using my washing up liquid. For me keeping the inside clean is quite straight forward. The outside is as bit of another matter as it is next to my cooker and tends to gradually get as build up of grease on it. Every couple of weeks I use a strong degreaser but this clan still be hard work keeping it nice and clean despite regularly wiping it over with a dishcloth.

Other than general cleaning I have not had any maintenance requirement with the microwave. The only issue I have at all is that a little bit of the metal lining inside the door has started to wear away a little but this is only due to wear and tear over time.

Overall I think that this microwave has stood the test of time brilliantly. It is only used at most a couple of times as week but after 5 years I have needed no real maintenance with it.

Anything I would change about this Product?

For me there are only a few little niggles that I have using this microwave. However, I think I would have the same issues with all microwaves. Firstly, because the way my kitchen is designed and how I use it, it would be really nice if I could have a microwave that opens in the opposite way with the door hinge on the right. I recently perused the microwave aisle of a local independent high street seller and the all have the door hinges on the left, I wonder why?

Secondly, my husband has an annoying habit of putting food items on top of the microwave. Then, when the microwave is used the top of the microwave heats up and in turn heats up what he has put on there. Really in an ideal world I would like microwaves to be better insulated so that they did not heat up the surrounding area.

Thirdly, there are a few too many buttons on this microwave in my opinion. In 5 years I have never found the need to use the 'potatoe' button and think that this just over complicates things. However, maybe if I gave it a go I would be converted but who knows.

Overall

I have had my Morphy Richards microwave for 5 years with absolutely no trouble and it heats my food well. Yes I think there are a few too many buttons which could over complicate it but I still find it easy to use. As a result yes I recommend this microwave.

02.07.2015 12:37

Advantages

• Classy

Disadvantages

• "Irritates skin"
      • "Sometimes gets caught"

The bracelet irritated my skin but still looked great

After looking at pictures of this bracelet online, I was thrilled when I got it as a present for one of my birthdays. This didn't last long however as initially, I couldn't even put the bracelet on myself. The gems also stick out of the bracelet and sometimes, when the bracelet has rolled around my arm, they tend to poke into my skin and start to irritate areas around my arm, making them red and itchy. The black beaded areas however do have a very nice texture that rolls up and down without an issue and so, I'd probably much prefer the bracelet without the extra gems. The bracelet however does look quite classy and due to the black and gold colours, it tends to go with almost any outfit I choose. If you can put up with the irritating gems, it does suit as a classy piece of jewellery.

• Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 / Web Design / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      02.07.2015 12:27

Advantages

Disadvantages

A very useful piece of software for those already experienced in web design

I have done many web design courses over the duration of my education which have helped me to start up my own website and business but I have to say, Adobe Dreamweaver is one of the best web design tools out there. It's clearer, more streamlined and easier to use than notepad, notepad ++ etc. It also allows you to easily see what is assigned to a specific object, which is extremely useful when designing a webpage as it makes it much easier to go through and edit in the future. I've never really had an issue running the program on any computer, although on some less powerful machines, there is the very occasional slow down when opening larger files. For those that have already had experience with web design, it's an easy piece of software to use and understand but for those less experienced or completely new to web design, you may find it a little too complicated to use without any external help.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      02.07.2015 11:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great Service

I needed a new computer because my old Dell was on it's last legs.Looking around I couldn't find the spec I wanted for the price,until I came across the PC Specialist web site.Having read the reviews I decided to give them a go.I'm glad I did,they kept me up to date with the progress of my order every step of the way.Great service,great products,great price,thoroughly recommended.

02.07.2015 11:17

Advantages

• "50 number phone book"
      • "clear screen"
      • "clear calls"
      • "Nice look"

Disadvantages

• "no answer machine"

A simple phone for a simple life ... and why not?

This is another of the cordless phones that I have had the pleasure of using, although some I have hated as they are about as useful as sunglasses on a man with no ears. But this one is a rather fine one.
      It looks the same as any other phone. Number buttons at the bottom section, just above the microphone. Then, above the number keys there's the call end, call connect, menu, 'yes', ;no' and directional buttons.
      Then there's the screen which is a nice size and seems to look better with the wide black frame around it. This makes the blue colouring of the screen stand out a bit better I think.
      This is not an answer machine, even if it does look like one when it's sat on the base. Btu the base is simply a charger and, using the button on the front, a way to find the handset if you've lost it.

When some one calls you a a number will appear on the screen, or a name if you a have added them to the fifty number phone book. This name or number appears in black with the blue glow in the background looks clear enough to see exactly what it is/
      during a call you can mute the microphone, meaning that you can press the mute button if you want to talk about the person you're talking to to someone in the room, or if someone in the room is talking to you and you don't want the caller to hear
      The call quality is excellent, using the good invention that is DECT, Digitally Enhanced Cordless Telephone, so you know that when you're on a call you are going to hear and be heard.

This phone, that does NOT have an answering machine, which is why I got rid of this after a while, cost about £15.00

• Acer Aspire Switch 10 / Laptop / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.07.2015 10:31

Advantages

• "Battery autonomy"
      • "2 in 1"

Disadvantages

• "No USB 3.0"

It's great for your second computing device.

Acer Aspire Switch 10 it's a tablet (with touch screen) if you need a tablet or a laptop if you need a laptop. How cool is that ? For the price, this is a great device or devices because it's 2 in 1 kind of thing.
      The first thing you have to do with this device it's to update the bios, and of course other drivers, but bios it's important because the last version fixes a lot of issues it had before.
      The keyboard is detachable from the tablet which is magnetically attached.
      We can also attach the tablet backwards so we can use it like a photo frame or if we want to do a little presentation.
      It comes with Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 Student edition, which is great.
      Another good thing it's the battery, which last longer than a regular laptop, and even if it's smaller, it doesn't become warm, like most laptops do. So it's good if you want to go in a trip, as you will have more autonomy and less weight to carry around.
      Even if it's made of plastic, it sure looks very nice.
      The resolution it's not full HD, but at this size (10 inches), we barely see the difference anyway.
      This device could be appropriate to a kid at school and home, even for a few light games, and for little office work like emails, documents, web browsing, watch movies.
      If you want to do heavy processing (video or photo editing) you just have to use your main desktop or laptop.

• The Works / Highstreet Shopping / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:46

Advantages

Disadvantages

This shop is my crafting saviour!

The Works advertises itself as a discount book store, but it is so much more than that. The stock which frequently takes up space in this shop is

- Children's and adults books.
      - Children's Toys
      - Children's Crafts
      - Stationary
      - Board Games and Jigsaws
      - DVD box sets
      - Stationery
      - Crafts
      - Art Supplies

I regularly use the works for all of the above, but my visits mainly consist of crafting and art supplies.

I regularly paint and draw, and this has everything you would need; paintbrushes, canvas, art paper, oil, acrylic and water paints, sketching pads, pencils, pens, the list could go on. All the items are great quality for creating artwork with and I always get good results, and the prices a a LOT cheaper than stationers and specialist art shops.

Another project I currently have on the go is a dolls house. Again, I get nearly all my items for this from The Works. Their craft items include - bundles of fabric, buttons, wooden ornaments, minature picture frames, ribbon, spray paints, mini themed items such as pegs, letter cubes, flowers...etc. They also sell crafting boards, knives, storage and sewing boxes.

Another bonus is that The Works have now introduced a member card which you can log all your purchases on and build up money off items each quarter, which is great when you a regular shopper there like myself.

It's a great shop, and one of the shops I visit the most in my town, I just wish it was a bit bigger!

• Yeezus - Kanye West / Music Album / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

Dark, original, artistic and groundbreaking. Some of his best work.

I am not a rap fan at all, my preference is rock and metal, but something about Kanye West's music has always attracted me, and he hasn't failed with this album!

Kanye hasn't been the most popular choice in the press lately, and his choice of partner just fueled the criticism. Smug, arrogant, angry and moody, I think he is never taken with the pinch of salt that his so needed for his very tongue in check, F you kind of arrogance.

Yeezus, clearly a play on words is quite a dark album, and the artwork is also quite dark. (which also includes quite a macabre fashion line of the same name), but should still be taken as a little bit of tongue in cheek. Songs such as "I Am A God" Clearly a mockery of his own arrogance and the portrayal of his attitude, and his quite a humorous songs.

This album covers all the general hip-hop and rap subjects you would expect such as racisim, money, women, and culture, but in a very different way to the usual. Some of the songs have hints of a Marilyn Manson production (Who noted he still wasn't sure if Kanye had sampled him or not) and really pushes the boundaries on the type of musical sound you expect from one of the worlds leading rap artists.

Original, dark, artistic and abstract, this album really should be looked at as groundbreaking in the rap industry. And I don't think it has got the recognition it deserves.

• Lamaze Octivity Time / Baby Toy / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.07.2015 09:15

Advantages

Disadvantages

Beautiful design and lots of fun!

I bought this toy for my daughter when she was 4 months old. I was looking around TK Maxx and this toy stood out a mile on the shelf with all the others, and I just HAD to get it.

The Octopus my daughter has is pink and purple where the above picture is green, but has all the same activities on it in the same colour scheme.

At 4 months my daughter wasn't get grabbing things, but this toy definitely caught her attention with it's eye catching colours and unique design. I helped her along by putting her hand on the furry and crinkley sections of the toy.

There are so many sensory activities on the octopus. Crinkley noises, soft furs, shiny colours, rings to grab, rubber teething toy, mirror, and a small starfish that clicks and turns.

My daughter is now 6 months old and this is one of her favourite toys. Even better is that it helps her to practice sitting unaided. It is quite a large toy so not something that baby can have on top of them. So I will sit her up and pop the Octopus between her legs, she grabs his head for stability while playing with the toy.

It also has a little velcro fastening underneath it so that you can attach it to things.

There are so many different types of play involved with this toy that baby will never get bored of it, and will grow with it and be able to use it in different ways as they get older.

I think I paid about £10 for it in a sale, usual retail is about £15. But it's definitely worth it. It's a high quality, well thought out toy for little babies.

02.07.2015 05:41

Advantages

• "The best Macbook"

Disadvantages

Interesting Design

his portable computer for nearly one year currently and to be honest it's possibly my favorite portable computer that has been free therefore far…it is really terrific. though it's terribly pricy, i think it's worthwhile for a portable computer nearly as good as this one. I like the thirteen in. to the 15inch as a result of it's additional moveable and accessible instead of a outsized 15inch additionally i really like however sturdy and sturdy MacBooks square measure, their metal frame provides durable support and provides them with the flexibility to survive a fall…we square measure solely human and everybody eventually drops their portable computer however as a macbook owed you simply haven't got to fret the maximum amount as a surface owner as a result of MacBooks will take the hit instead of break on their 1st fall. I've perpetually born my macbook and it still continues to figure and thats unbelievable. additionally it runs iOS which suggests you've got unlimited access to games, books, TV and films which means that you simply will maximise you free time and you do not ought to worry regarding filling up your storage as a result of this raincoat comes with 256GB of storage that i found was over enough. And with a I5 processor there's no task that a macbook cannot handle, it's additionally excellent at juggling and multi-tasking. The screen is additionally nice and makes reading and observation films appear easy. though I found that the screen was a bit flimsy however all you would like to try to to is tighten the screws at the bottom of the screen-although this macbook professional is dear it's worthwhile in my opinion as a result of you're paying for quality that is invaluable and there's very nothing else out there that even begins to vie with this macbook.

02.07.2015 05:34

Advantages

• "lightweight device"

Disadvantages

Apple product great

I LOVE Apple MacBook's and have used several and closely-held several. thus my friend has this one and that i used it for two weeks whereas she was on vacation and that i conjointly visited a workshop at my native Apple workplace to be told concerning identical model however while not the membrane as i am unable to decide if i would like it or not and it's cheaper.

The Apple MacBook professional 13" i5 thirty three,7 cm 128GB with membrane show features a beautiful screen,
      amazing graphics, long life battery, soft comfy keyboard and is even quicker that the model while not the membrane show.

It is made of machined Al that is contour, with bouncy, spaced keys and a crystal clear a pair of,560 x 1,600 show, framed by a skinny edge. As before, the machine measures solely zero.71 in. thick and also the weight is slightly heavier now around at three.48lbs. On the perimeters, you get identical choice of ports: 2 USB three.0 connections, a full-sized HDMI socket, 2 Thunderbolt a pair of ports, associate American state card slot and a electro-acoustic transducer jack.

I in person feel the largest improvement is that the disk speeds. tho' the membrane show MacBook professional has had PCIe-based SSDs (which square measure quicker than mSATA ones) for a few year and a [*fr1] currently, Apple says the PCIe drives employed in the most recent MBP square measure double as quick because the 1st PCIe SSDs used. Specifically, the corporate says its new disks will reach peak browse speeds of one.6 GB/s and goop sequent write speeds of one.5 GB/s. thus essentially in layman's terms, this interprets to fast performance, poignant everything from app load times to cold boot-ups.

Apple this can be capable of up to ten hours of net browsing, or up to twelve hours of iTunes video playback. I work long hours owning a corporation and writing lots and that i found it stood the take a look at of your time. I accustomed get thus pissed off with my previous MacBook as I had to stay plugging it in, it had been half dozen years previous tho' and currently i'm on the brink of by my tenth apple product and third laptop computer only for the fun of upgrading thus i am terribly excited concerning probably shopping for this model and not having to borrow it.

• HP 2 in 1 Pavilion 10 k000ng / Laptop / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      02.07.2015 05:30

Advantages

• "good laptop"

Disadvantages

good laptop

I've owed several laptop computers in my life and have perpetually been repudiating them however the one factor that attracts Pine Tree State to the present laptop computer is it's skillfulness and the way straightforward it very is to use this laptop, some laptop computers will prove themselves troublesome and may take a while to induce use thereto however with this laptop i found it a lot of easier and conjointly faster. The laptop computer itself is handy with a perfect keyboard which has back lighting that makes add boring or dark places a lot of easier to examine the keys properly while not straining your eyes an excessive amount of. The keyboard and keyboard putting your all into along and that they very appear to possess a pleasant flow, the keyboards lightweight runs to the screen that has a tremendous screen resolution. The laptop computer isn't the quickest tho' and will use a more robust processor except for the typical one that is probing for a typical laptop computer that is flexible then this is often in all probability the simplest bet for you. The screen itself is additionally touchscreen that helps Pine Tree State plenty particularly once browsing the online or even reading some articles, it makes scrolling a full ton easier, despite the fact that the trackpad is incredibly responsive and well engineered I simply do not use it fairly often as a result of most of the time i am victimization the touchscreen. The laptop computer incorporates a great deal of storage and enough area for films, music and documents and with windows eight.1 it's terribly straightforward to navigate your method around the system notwithstanding your a beginner. I in person very enjoyed this laptop computer and would undoubtedly advocate it however it'd be higher for college kids since it's therefore transportable. though it's expensive don't be concerned it's worthwhile in my opinion.

02.07.2015 03:05

Advantages

• "A refreshing and reviving scent"
      • "A little goes a really long way"
      • "Good value for money (particularly if using a discount code)"
      • "Antibacterial properties of the Tea Tree Oil"
      • "Clears up acne/blemishes"

Disadvantages

• "Quite a strong scent which may not be for everybody"

Definitely worth a try if you're experiencing body acne/blemishes!

Blemishes and acne on the body are just as common and normal as facial acne yet there are so many products geared towards treating acne and blemishes on the face and so few focusing on the rest of the body. Thankfully, this is where The Body Shop steps in with their tea tree body wash. Tea tree oil is well known for its unique antibacterial and soothing properties, both of which help massively in the fight against acne/blemishes.

I suffer from somewhat mild acne/blemishes on my back, shoulders and chest area. I use a tiny dollop of this product on a body poof and it creates incredible lather, enough to wash my entire body (though I tend to concentrate it on my problematic areas).

I find the scent of this product to be really reviving and refreshing, which is particularly enjoyable in the mornings to make you feel more awake. The scent is really quite strong though and if you dislike the smell of tea tree oil, I can safely say you will probably not enjoy the scent of this and may find it pretty overpowering.

In terms of price, a 250ml bottle costs £6.00. I would happily pay this amount (if not more) but a great bonus of The Body Shop is the wide availability of discount codes. I purchased the body wash with a 50% off code, bringing the cost down to £3.00 which I think is absolutely excellent value for money. Always make sure to browse for a discount code if you do decide to order from The Body Shop as more likely than not there will be a few floating around.

I have been using the body wash everyday for around 6 months now and have seen a huge improvement in the clarity of my skin. I will still get the occasional breakout (maybe more due to hormones) but nothing near like what I was experiencing before and the only thing I can put that improvement down to is this body wash!

• Zanussi ZKG7169 / Washer Dryer / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      02.07.2015 00:06

Advantages

• "About as noisy as others"
      • "easy to plumb in"
      • "washes well"
      • "Works well"

Disadvantages

• none

Wash away those stains without a trip to the stream with a rock...

This is about 85cm high, 60cm wide and just short of 60cm deep.
      It is a washer dryer which means that it washes and dries.
      It has a B rating when it comes to power conscious people out there, with the stats claiming it has less than 5kWh each load.
      It handles up to 6kg of washing each time with drying load of 4kg.
      The controls on the front let you do a full wash, cottons on 90º or 60º Economy wash. With the options of delicate washing at lower temperatures, even cold.
      It has a spin cycle, it rinses, spins, drains and more spinning.

The controls are on the front, above the large round door of the machine. These consist of 7 buttons, ranging from spin only, heat, power and more. With the dial at the side of the buttons. This dial gives you control over the washing and drying, lets you choose the number and the cycle you want.
      The detergent draw is at the left side of the dial and has three separate compartments, for the detergent and softener.

It can be noisy, especially when it's on one of those mad shakes where even the dog runs away from it as it seems to be alive. This noise isn't over the top and can only be heard when the machine is in full spin, which can make the body of the machine jump about a bit, even though I spent ages levelling up the adjustable legs, but no matter how much I adjusted them the thing still wobbles a bit.

This is a nice sized machine, the same size as others. It can take a 6kg load without any problem and it can wash them the way you want it too with several setting to choose from.

For a washing machine this is up their with the good ones, costing about £300, roughly.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown