• Manchester Window Factory / Local Service / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2016 17:12

Advantages

• "Family business"

Disadvantages

Reliable and friendly family firm

We found this company through online searches and reviews and they stood out. We visited their showroom and were really impressed with the products on offer. Friendly to deal with as the owners deal with you directly. Fitting staff are equally professional. None of the hard sell. Just decent and honest. Very pleased

• TV3 / TV Channel / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2016 11:41

Advantages

• "Good show"

Disadvantages

• "Not on anymore"

The Job Interview - a show on TV3

TV has decided not to bother with sitcoms anymore, funding at its lowest for 10-years-in the genre. Instead they are racing on with the far cheaper world of reality TV where sad sacks and posers from the general public agree to be scrutinized and then humiliated on a multitude of shows, for them in the hope of 15 minutes of fame, for C4 a decent profit making vehicle through advertising and cheap labor. The Gogglebox families were as little as £15 per show for the first two series. The people’s format has made big money around the world. The Job Interview is more of the same as a ‘selected’ mix of the long term unemployed, suitable applicants or the darn right strange have their job interview discreetly filmed in front of the camera for what appears to be genuine jobs and employers, with on or two of the interviewers also hamming it up David Brent style in front of those cameras, especially Rod Doyle of Low Cost Vans, who looks destined for greater things. Rod was upset that his interviewers didn’t know which 2 liter vans his company hired out. Ian, fired from a wire brush factory after 25-years service, had no answer, the Trigger from Only Fools and Horses moment.

Each episode has two jobs up for grabs, the interviewees apparently picked by the employers but I guess the production team throwing in some weirdoes to make it entertaining TV, the type of people and CVs that would be sifted out first round if all was above board here. The jobs are not for menial tasks and some quite good positions going, ranging from 15-45k, but we need the sob stories and so ‘the journey’ back stories are filmed of the final two in their flats and houses as they await for the phone call to see if they have been successful (with the film crew present for the classic reality TV money shot). So far there have been no black or Asian interviewees, presumably the employers fearful of litigious claims if they didn’t employ them, or, somewhat counter intuitively, C4 or the employers are somehow racist for not picking a more diverse mix of candidates to be interviewed. I know some TV researchers and program makers and they say you have to be carful who you pick to be humiliated on national TV. If you watch any reality show you will see mainly white participants. I personally think black or Asian people are to smart and suspicious to go on the shows so to be made a mug of.

From the six jobs filled in the three shows so far all have gone to young women, most of them attractive, both female and male bosses seemingly preferring to have, vibrant pretty and young people working for them over experience and reliability. Again, as the bosses pick their final few to be interviewed they are under gentle pressure to pick some weirdoes to make the show watchable but lace it with who they really want, of course. Most male boss’s employ a secretary they want to bonk. As we know very few employers are in their business of sentimentality and given unqualified (/qualified) losers and the forgotten a chance. In reality the Job Center make you apply for so many companies a week and these poor companies are overrun with crap CVs. Diversity laws with public service mean you have to interview a set number of ethnic, disabled and female and gay candidates but the company or public body still employing the same type of candidate they set out with in their mind at the end of the process. I know a guy who works at a reputable job agency and he says clients are extremely racist and gender unfriendly when it comes to giving the agency a guide on to who they are looking for their position. It would have been nice to see that explored in the show. Legally you can ask a candidate if they have kids or planning to, or, indeed, will thye be going on a diet soon, but bosses have their ways to get that info from you. I personally am not nervous at job interviews going up against all those prejudices. I don’t worry if I don’t get the job or underperform on the day. I am myself and always feel the interviewer is more nervous than 1 am, especially if I throw in a few big words early on and get them on an equal footing.

The Job Interview ends up a mix of First Dates meets The Apprentice and enjoyable but not a must see. You know deep down most of these people would not get an interview and would be treated differently with no cameras present. The fun is picking who you think will get the job based on our prejudices, rather than their suitability’s. We know employers do make up their minds early on in the interview on people and if its customer facing role then looks, ethnicity, age, body size and personality are everything in many jobs. A slight negative here is all the interviews for the various companies across greater London are held in the same office, because it’s rigged with the discreet cameras. They also end up offering the other person from the final two in other training or part-time roles to make the company look good and not heartless. But, as I said, they are real jobs and employers and at the end of each episode we see the people settled into the jobs and how they are getting on.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.07.2016 10:32

Advantages

• "Brilliant order status notification system"
      • "No issue altering my order"
      • "Highly cutomised laptop built"
      • "Easy to use website"

Disadvantages

Overall, 5 out of 5 stars. Ordering from PC Specialit was a hugely positive experience.

PC Specialist was recommended to me by a friend (an IT specialist himself).

I was buying a gaming laptop, PC Specialist were able to build a laptop to my specifications approximately 50% cheaper than a branded one.

Their website is easy to use, and I made a slight change to my order without an issue.

The status notification system is great, allowing you to see exactly what stage your build is at.

My order was built and delivered in just over a week, so excellent in terms of speed of build.

Well packaged on delivery.

Have recommended PC Specialist to a colleague, who is now ordering a laptop from them.

25.07.2016 10:11

Advantages

• "very good product"

Disadvantages

A good product for everyday use
      This product does what it says on the tin - when I used it this product worked all day, keeping my underarms sweat free which was great. The downside however is that on certain clothing (especially darker colours, it did leave white marks however this can easily be avoided by spraying before you put a shirt on. The smell is also not too overpowering as is often found with deodorants. A little pricey but that's just the price you pay for Nivea unfortunately.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.07.2016 15:55

Advantages

• Customisable
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

Fully recommend

Good, got the PC I wanted as I can customise it

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      24.07.2016 09:54

Advantages

• "Flexibility of options"

Disadvantages

• "Automated emails aren't always accurate"

Some room for improvement but would use again

My first experience with this company and I would use them again. My only issue was that one of the parts for my build was out of stock despite being an option and no date could be given for when it would be available. An automated email told me this when I would have preferred a phone call to discuss my options. My other issue was that the antivirus I ordered was supplied on a DVD yet my build had no optical drive, I expected it to be pre-installed. Despite this my build arrived within specified timescales and was as described.

• Dell Studio 15 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.07.2016 15:22

Advantages

• Design
      • Price
      • Screen
      • "Battery Life"

Disadvantages

• "Operating System"
      • Keyboard

Yes, I would recommend this product

Dell Studio 15 laptop. I think this a great choice. I have ordered directly from Dell Website. There is no reason to call customer support and i have never ever any problem with this laptop and other dell products.

PROs:

1) Excellent Screen (1920x1080 HIGHLY recommended)
      2) Excellent price with all chosen upgrades
      16) Wi-Fi
      17) Webcam
      18) System is very fast and good configuration
      19) Good Graphic Card

CONs:

1) Keyboard is Squeaky
      2) Strange, less than stellar power adapter
      3) Windows Vista (Super Whack)
      4) No number pad - this isn't good.

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.07.2016 15:11

Advantages

• "Speedy answer to my inquiry "
      • "Customer service was on point"

Disadvantages

Will probably go ahead with my pre-order

Spoke to a lady called Emily who was very helpful in answering all of my long winded questions, Emily you have been very helpful today thank you

• senetic.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      22.07.2016 14:28

Advantages

• "good prices"
      • "professional customer service"
      • "fast delivery"

Disadvantages

Couldn't ask for more!

48 hours from click to postbox. Access points are exactly as described, packed excellent.

• CROC Long Tubular Cue Case / Sports Equipment / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      22.07.2016 13:04

Advantages

• "Good case and cue"

Disadvantages

• "Not cheap"

Nice tip but feel the shaft girls

In my younger days I was good at sports but not really good at any particular one. I wanted to be an Olympic 1500m runner first, a swing bowler for Northants second and an attacking central midfield for Manchester United third. I ended up running for Northants, being kicked off the park in Sunday League and shoveling it down the legside in cricket. It would be the game of pool where I won my most trophies. Our team dominated the Northants pool league for about five years and we even had an England player in our team.

Snooker, of course, is very different game to pool and hard to be good at both. My best break on the 12ft by 6ft was just 51, and my only 50 break. On the pool table I can clean up. It’s always cool when you clear the lot and the black in pubs around the globe on your travels. I remember doing it twice in a pub competition in a bar in South Africa with a cue off the rack with chicks watching on. Fred Trueman and Indoor League would have loved it!

TO pot those balls you need your own personalized stick. Pool cues tend to be shorter and thicker than the more elegant snooker cue. You need power, screw and big side in pool to break open the balls and control the white. You can use any cue for either pool or snooker, though. Anyone who has played pool league here know it all gets bit serious and we are nothing like the Americans and tend to be very conservative and roll the balls over the pockets to block the opponent, a very British approach to sport. In an America bar you are expected to attack and go for your shots and get irritated looks when you roll it behind another ball or block the holes. Pool should be about attacking shots to be fair. One guy in Miami got so annoyed I was beating him with safety he chased me out of the bar!

I do like a heavier cue with a thick butt, why Powerglide sticks are better than Riley. It has to feel right in your hands to be confident enough to play those big pool and snooker screw shots the length of the table. Side and top are also important in Pool as you don’t have much space to work with and although the pots are normally a short distance and easier, to keep the break going you need total cue ball control. Powerglide sticks seem to offer that more than the Riley ones on that score. Riley always seems to put too much gloss varnish on their cues and that takes away the feel for me. My old Riley’s would soon be filed down to the wood to have a nicer felon the skin. Oh and it’s always worth rolling a new cue on flat surface before you buy it in case it’s warped or bent. If isn’t straight that will obviously effect your game and cause more miscues and kicks, even a small bend.

The tip is the most critical part on the stick and you have to trust it not to fly off when you well smash the ball. It amazes me how glue keeps it on. The great Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath lost two fingers in an industrial accident as a teenager and relied on shaped plastic thimble like things on the stubs of his fingers to carry on playing, always carrying around bag full of the these things with a nail file wherever he goes. It’s the same for a good pool and snooker player as the cue an extension of your arm.

You get a plastic carry-case with the cue and a discount voucher to buy a leather pouch one or a new wooden case. If you are serious about your game that case will protect your all important tip. After a few pints as a teenager you tend to think you are Bruce Lee with your pool cue and the tip could go flying. The cue costs around £ 25 in a generic place of sale like Argos or a bit more in a proper sports shop. I paid £40 for mine about four years ago in a bespoke sports shop. I only play now and then when I take the cue out with me and mostly take one off the rack in the pub. I also take a small file I won in a Christmas cracker to file the tip down on those warped lumps of fire wood in your local pubs and clubs.

21.07.2016 16:15

Advantages

• Buildable
      • "Seperates lashes"
      • "Dark colour"

Disadvantages

• "Catches you by surprise when it runs out"

Luxury for less

This is by far my favourite mascara that I have used!

The bottle is great. The design of it means that you don't get a nasty build up of old mascara around the opening which is great. It means you don't get clumps when you're applying it after you've used it Afew times, which can be really irritating!!

It goes on pretty thick which is great because you don't spend hours applying it to get the volume in your lashes that you want. It curls and volumises your lashes really quickly.

Because it does the job quickly it does seem to last a really long time and give you dark lashes too. There's definitely a lot of definition in your lashes when you use it and I think it makes your eyes look wider and brighter too.

Another great positive is that it's very buildable. If you're like me and you go from work and then get ready for a night out but don't like taking off your makeup (you just add to it) you can add another layer of this mascara, without the spider eyes. An extra layer adds volume without looking like you're wearing too much makeup.

The one downside I found is that it when it does run out it almost catches you by surprise. The bottle seems to go from full to almost empty instantaneously which I did find to be a little annoying.. one tip that I used for this was to let the bottle sit in hot water for 5 minutes. It makes the excess last a little longer if you're caught out at the wrong moment!

As for price l, it's usually around £10 which I find to be average for a good mascara and I do think the quality is better than a lot of luxury brands.

21.07.2016 15:40

Advantages

• "Great shine"
      • "Great colours"
      • "Long lasting"

Disadvantages

• "Can't get the last of the gloss out of the bottle"
      • "Runs out quickly"

Shine for hours!!

I've used this gloss Afew times in different colours and overall I really like it.

The bottle itself is really sleek and it does look expensive (which justifies the price compared to a budget lipgloss). I like that the top is silver, it doesn't work exactly like a mirror but it does make for a good check once you've applied the gloss to see if it's halfway up your face at least!

The gloss itself goes on really easily and has quite a strong colour to it so doesn't just look see through like a lot of glosses when you put them on your lips. You can actually tell you're wearing a coil outed gloss.

I found that the gloss does last a long time but actually seems to last a lot longer if you put a base of lip liner on your lip first and cover it with the gloss. I think paired with lip liner there's also a lot more definition to your lips.

After Afew hours the texture of the gloss goes a little sticky which can be a little annoying. Although it does last a long time it doesn't stay the same as when you first apply it. But a simple re apply does give it a nice lease of life. I found that when you reapply you don't have to apply as much, just one coat gives it the boost needed.

The gloss is a little pricey however but I think the quality of it justifies the price. One downside is that when there is still lots of gloss left in the tune you can't always seem to get the last of it out.. The brush is a little short. I did get a longer brush to get the last of it out to be cost effective but thought that was a little annoying.

Overall I really do like the gloss. I'm much more of a gloss than lipstick person. i like the shine it adds to your lips and not having to reapply every 5 minites is a huge positive!

• NAD C350 / Amplifier / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      21.07.2016 13:43

Advantages

• "Very reliable"

Disadvantages

Very good

The new c350 is amazing sound it sounds like a boom yeah this a i want. very impressive look i give 9 out of 10 of it. Very easy to carry wherever you will be carried this. & coming its price not so high as its performance. For this i will give 10 if 10. We all know mercedes have its own name so its expected from them my experience for this its a very big bass i

21.07.2016 12:59

Advantages

• "Minimised pain"
      • "Good for travelling"
      • "Cost effective"

Disadvantages

• "Can be messy"

Cost effective hair removal

In a box you get plenty of strips to pull apart with wax in each side. They are large strips and can be cut down for smaller areas (such as bikini line, under arms and for strays that you've missed in the process).

One thing I like Is it's perfect for the suitcase and doesn't weigh too much for flights!

I've used a lot of hair removal products in the past and as we all know waxing can be really painful and if the wax itself isn't good quality it can mean you are re-waxing areas so many times that your skin gets soar and red.

With veet wax strips I found that the wax minimises the pain and is, so far, the least painful wax that I have tried. Obviously it still hurts to some extent but if you have a lower pain threshold I would definitely recommend this product.

The next thing is that one strip leaves behind very few stray hairs which means you don't have to redo the same area until your skin is red and soar! It also means that it's a lot more time effective and cost effective because you don't use too many strips on each area of skin. There seem to be a small enough amount of hairs behind to pluck them easily and quickly.

After you e waxed the area there are wipes to get rid of the sticky residue left behind and to soothe your skin. I really like the wipes. They're really effective and clean the area nicely. The only thing I would say is that if you are waxing areas like under arms and bikini line and you cut down the strips to smaller sections, tree don't tend to be enough wipes in a pack to last for the life of the wax strips. I sometimes cut the wipes in half to conserve them so that they last longer because they are a godsend for your skin after waxing!

In terms of price, they are a little more expensive that own brand products but I find thy are more cost effective. Own brand products are cheap but not as good quality so don't tend to last as long and, again, can leave skin quite red and irritated because you use so many on the same area of skin.

For travellers, they are also a lot more convenient than the heated wax kits and the strips fit into a suitcase easily so you can use them on the go!

If you cut them down they can also get a little messy and wax can get on your hands and places it is t necessarily intended but the wipes get rid of that mess with no problem.

Overall I would definitely recommend these strips and think they are a great product!

• Ebuyer.com / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      21.07.2016 10:21

Advantages

Disadvantages

Good Service - Thank you

Quick service and knowledgeable assistance and support. Rob Stothert was very helpful and solved all outstanding issues. Very professional service.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown