• Harpic Ready Brush / Household Product / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.02.2015 02:18

Advantages

• " quick to use"
      • " smells good"
      • "cleans well"
      • " even men WILL use it"
      • Easy

Disadvantages

• "Can't buy refills. Can't even re-buy whole product. Not sold anymore! "

Harass RECKITT company to re-sell this AWESOME LOO PRODUCT, please!

Easy, even men WILL use it,cleans well, smells good, quick to use, no having to go to the storage cupboard to get the cleaner out as it's already there, on the brush, next to the toilet, whereas, when I have to leave the toilet room to go to my cleaning cupboard storage, I usually say I'll do it later, "late never comes"!
      HUGE PROBLEM: is not with the product, it's with the company! They don't sell or make the product anymore. Soon frustrating! I rang them, just got told "we don't sell it anymore", "it's not made anymore", "no, you can't buy it from anyone else",[repeatedly, as I doggedly tried to pursue the baffling question "but why, product good, why not sell it???"].
      DUMB, just DUMB to not sell a very successful product any more.
      It successfully works, it's successfully extremely user friendly -which is why I rate it HIGH ABOVE ALL other toilet products!, if people will use it, then it's a winner, [even if you make a better cleaner, if people don't use it ...it's doomed!, but this is so user friendly!!!],
      I can only guess the company didn't advertise it enough for people to know how user friendly it is. Even guests will use it, as no one has to shame facially admit they left a poo slick in the loo, by having to come out and ask for cleaning detergents or clubs to use the loo brush with [which no one will ever do!], they can just grab the brush, squirt it then brush, all clean, smells good, embarrassment avoided, hooray!!
      Hey, people, please harass the Reckitt company ["Harpic is an important member of the Reckitt Benckiser"company], tell them to sell it again, perhaps make the unit cheaper, after all they'll make plenty from the refills, otherwise I'll have a blue loo! [They wrecked my easy loo clean regime, ***Reckitt !!]. Great product, decision to stop selling it STINKS.

• Morphy Richards 48415 Easy Blend / Blender / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.02.2015 02:05

Advantages

• "Size and handiness"
      • "2 convenient containers"

Disadvantages

• "Not very powerful"
      • "Burning smell"
      • "Only blends soft things"

Disappointed :(

I had such high expectations for this, I thought it looked great how it came with two containers that you actually blend your smoothly in, it just looked so handy and appropriate as I was on some sort of health kick (didn't last too long.. Oops). I got it for a great price of only £13 or around that, so I was super pleased. However, when it came to actually using the blender, I became very disappointed. To get your contents into the blender you have to first fill the container up and somehow attach it onto the actual blender as there is no open hole at the top which allows you to just drop your ingredients in, which for me wasn't too much of a hassle but it could be improved. The second problem I found was that because the containers are fairly slim and tall, it made it hard for all of the ingredients to get blended. It could blend all of the fruit and the bottom of the container but because it's so small they didn't move around and all of the ingredients at the top of the container were left untouched which was personally a massive down fall. I found out through experience that this product doesn't like ice!!!! When I tried to put ice into the blender it just sort of flung it around the blender and it started to smell of burning, which quite obviously, is a disadvantage. I think this blender could be okay for milkshakes or something of that sort rather than actually blending products. Big dissapointment, wish I kept the reciept to return it!

27.02.2015 01:50

Advantages

• "Great colour selection"
      • "Blends easily"
      • "Great coverage"

Disadvantages

• Price

SO WORTH IT :-)

I loveeee this foundation!! It's the first ever foundation I have found that truly matches my skin tone. It gives a great finish with full coverage, it's not shiney it just gives that subtle glow we all desire!! Unlike some high end full coverage foundations it doesn't have that paint/cakey smell, which for me, is a massive plus!! It stays in place all day, however on one or two occasions I have found that if my skin isn't in the best condition, the foundation can sort of gather and cake up around my cheeks and mouth, which didn't look too pleasent, but you could only notice this if you looked up close, nothing too major!! I honestly recommend this foundation, even if you just grab yourself a sample from the Estée lauder counter and try it for yourself, it's worth it because i think you'll want to buy the full size, it's amazing!!

27.02.2015 01:15

Advantages

• "brand new phone "
      • "fast "

Disadvantages

• "no contact number "
      • "lack of communication "

good service, could do with better communication

I dropped and smashed my Sony z1 Xperia. Which to be honest was getting in a but anyway. It had numerous chips and the flaps were a bit loose plus the power button was starting to play up. I have a Halifax ultimate reward account which covers me for phone repair. I had to post my phone to lsg which cos me 8 pounds to send recorded and covering full phone value. Lsg replaced my phone with a brand new (plastic still on) handset which arrived within 3 days of me sending it. I sent mines in the original box. This was not returned however. A plain black box was sent instead. Well packaged. I had no communication at all though. Just an email to say a parcel was being delivered. Anyway great service all in. Fast and I am happy with new phone. Don't worry too much about all the negative reviews

• Toshiba Satellite L50 B / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      27.02.2015 00:16

Advantages

• "good all rounder"

Disadvantages

• "battery life"

Good all rounder

I have owned one of these for several years and have not had any problems with it. If you want a standard laptop that completes all the tasks without any fuss and is sturdy and reliable then you could do much worse than the Toshiba satellite.

26.02.2015 23:53

Advantages

• "Throws most balls a long way"
      • "Light and easy to carry"

Disadvantages

• "The plastic will fade in colour and become more brittle with age."
      • "Some balls stick on the holder"

Great fun for your dog whilst keeping your hands clean and your back pain free

As a professional dog walker I am out daily with packs of four or five dogs of mixed exercise needs and the ball thrower/ picker is invaluable for me.
      It fits most tennis ball type dog balls but I have had to adapt it for the more robust Kong type balls by slicing off the upper edge of the picker cup with a hot knife.
      The thrower (or Wanger as I like to call it) eliminates the need to bend and pick up a soggy, muddy, saliva soaked ball umpteen times a day. The length and design of it means that I can throw a ball over a much longer distance than I could ever manage with just my arm. This is great for high energy dogs such as the collies and pointers that are some of my regular customers.
      I have also found that the thrower acts as a training aid. I can tap the ground with it to indicate that I want the dog to drop the ball in a certain position or to simply let the ball go rather than chomp on it.
      Most tennis balls fit quite snugly into the throwing cup that I can use it for transporting the ball from the car to wherever we are walking without it dropping out.
      This is a great product for anyone with mobility issues or arthritis, enabling them to still give their dogs a good run and play without causing undue pain from bending or throwing. It is not the most robustly made product but for the price, I wouldn't be without mine

• The Magic Sky - Lucy Richards / Junior Book / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.02.2015 23:35

Advantages

• "Lovely calming bedtime story"
      • "Beautiful illustraions"

Disadvantages

Beautiful, calming story about patience and love.

I actually bought this book at poundland! I was pleasantly surprised by it!
      The book itself came with a CD in which a narrator tells the story with lovely calming music in the background.
      This story is about a little polar bear cub named Rory who is eagerly awaiting the 'magic sky' which his parents have promised him will happen in a few days time. The story teaches the importance of patience and demonstrates wonderfully the love of a parent for their child. It follows Rory through his days playing with his friends, learning to swim with his father and long snowy walks with his mother, counting down the days until they can see the magic sky. In his eagerness to see it, Rory wonders off into the snow alone in search of the magic sky. Upon realising how lost and alone he is Rory becomes frightened but at that moment he turns around to see that his mother is right there behind him.

The book is beautifully illustrated, bright and colourful with the last page being covered in glitter.
      My 3 1/2 year old daughter really enjoys this story and the accompanying CD. The story and the music played on the CD are calming which is great for 'quiet time' or just before bed.
      The writing is a good size to read and when reading the story it flows very well.
      I recommend this to anyone with a young child and have thoroughly enjoyed reading with my daughter many times.

• James Wellbeloved Senior Lamb & Rice / Dog Food / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.02.2015 23:24

Advantages

• "All British made dog food"
      • " chicken and pork"
      • " egg"
      • "Avoids allergens such as wheat"
      • "All round dry kibble. No additives"

Disadvantages

• "Best value for money is in the 15kg bags"

A great total dog dog food that is also 100% British.

The James Wellbeloved range of dog foods is one that I have trusted for over six years. The product is 100% British and not part of a global animal food conglomerate.
      My six year old Staffy started on James Wellbeloved puppy food and progressed through the junior and adult ranges. Whilst she is not a 'senior' dog, my vet recommended that she go onto the senior range of dog kibbles as they contain fewer calories and can help stop her putting on weight as she gets older.
      The Senior Lamb and Rice kibble has none of the usual allergens that can affect a dog's digestive system. Particularly important for Staffordshires as they are prone to allergies and skin rashes. There is no wheat, pork, chicken or beef in any of their dog foods.
      The kibble is easy to digest and soaks up water quickly. I like to soak my dog's food for ten minutes or so before giving it to her. It puffs up a lot during soaking and helps to avoid giving her too much and causing weight gain. She does enjoy a spoonful of canned tuna or a raw egg mixed into it for a treat.
      James Wellbeloved dog food is great value for money because it is a complete food. Nothing needs to be added to it and the ingredients are of the best quality. There are no additives, colourings or bulking agents in the food. If you just fed your pet on this then you wouldn't go far wrong. I'm reviewing the Lamb and Rice variety here but I do order the Turkey, Fish and Duck varieties to vary my dog's diet. She enjoys them all and I will not be changing her food in the future. In fact, my dog likes it so much that I usually have a pocket full of it as treats when we are out walking or training.
      I will say that the cheapest way to buy it is in the 15kg bags. You can get these delivered online. The kibble keeps well in a small bin or plastic box. I've never known it to go soft or stale and I only have one dog.
      My vet said that if all her patients were as healthy and fit as my dog then she would be out of a job. I guess a lot of that comes down to what she eats: James Wellbeloved.

• Sharing a Shell - Julia Donaldson / Junior Book / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.02.2015 23:15

Advantages

• "Sparkly pages"
      • "Easy to read"

Disadvantages

Wonderful story, beautiful illustrations.

I bought this book along with some of the other Julia Donaldson books for my 3 1/2 year old daughter. Both myself and my daughter have always enjoyed reading Julia Donaldson's stories.
      Sharing a shell is a delightful little story about 3 sea creatures living in a rock pool sharing a shell home together.
      Every page keeps your child's attention with it's bright and bold illustraions and simple yet captivating storyline.
      This has to be one of my daughter's favourite stories. Reading this story to her is enjoyable for us both with the each paragraph rhyming and flowing well it is easy to read. We have a wide variety of children's books in our home and I have to admit I do not enjoy reading a few of them but so far I have enjoyed all of Julia Donaldson's books.
      Not only is sharing a shell a fun story for my daughter, it is also educational in that it has taught her the names of sea creatures such as the bristle worm and the anemone. This book has been such a hit with my daughter we have created a story sack of it which has made this story even more interactive and enjoyable.
      If the bright and colourful illustrations were not enough to grab your child's attention, each page has delicate glittery details (much to my daughter's delight).
      If your child enjoys other Julia Donaldson books then I am sure they will love Sharing a shell just as much as we did.

• Hitachi CJ90VST / Power Saw / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      26.02.2015 23:05

Advantages

• "adjustable foot plate"
      • "spedd selector"
      • "lighter than many other jigsaw"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• none

Hit achi wooden plank with a lot of power and stamina

This is your standard shaped jigsaw, with a handle at the top, a trigger type button on the underside of the handle. A foot plate at the bottom where the blades goes up and down through the end.
      But in more detail. The handle on this is curved, meaning that there is less of a handle, which means that this jigsaw is lighter than most.
      The footplate is as straight as an Italian gigolo and as flat as a marine haircut. The blade slides through the gap at the front of the plate, pressing gently on the little wheel that is attached to the end of the main body.
      The trigger is under the handle, as I said, with a locking button just to the side of this. This means that, when you press the trigger and then the button, you can let go of the trigger and the blade still rips way.
      The one thing on this jigsaw is that it has a speed selection wheel that is right at the front. You turn this dial and the speed of the motor runs faster or slower. I tend to use it on the fastest speed, 705 watts, as this is great for all the things I need to saw through.

It slices through most material, depending on the blade that is. I usually cut wood with this, or the odd plastic or copper piping, and this slices through any of those like a hot knife through butter.
      It has a cutting depth of up to 90mm
      Changing the blade is so easy, being a matter of pulling the catch to the side, releasing the blade, then repositioning the catch back into place.
      You can adjust the foot plate by using the hex-key, loosening the screws, then the plate simply tilts to angles, either way.
      The cost of this rather fine jigsaw that seems to be a lot more powerful, and has a lot more stamina that many tools of its kind, is about £70 - £80. This is a good price for what you get, with a blade included and all coming in a blow moulded plastic case.

26.02.2015 22:58

Advantages

Disadvantages

Very good eye cream

I am happy to say this is far better than the cream. This serum I would say is more reliable and you will see results.

This contains the following ingredients:
      PUERARIA LOBATA- Reactivates collagen
      CAFFEINE- Decongests your skin.
      VITAMIN E -To protect against enviromental damage
      SOFT FOCUS PIGMENTS- To illuminate the eye area.

This did such a good job of toning up the skin under the eye and where the lines creep in like crows feet. Also, this sunk in much quicker and worked within three days unlike the cream.

The website gives two great tips in how else to use this;
      Tapping the serum into the skin is apparently kinder to your skin instead of rubbing and helps disperse puffiness and congestion.
      Extend the tapping or spreading out of this serum towards your temples.

I have used this for six months and even though you are recommended to change your beauty plan every 6-8 months to prevent your skin getting used to the same product, I'm finding it hard to wean myself off of this little bottle of wonder!

This product I would happily recommend to anyone looking for a new treatment for the eye area or looking to prevent lines.
      I felt my skin was tighter and looked less dark and more illuminated.
      I could also apply foundation much better with this product as the serum sunk very well.

This is more pricier than the cream. This retails at £45 but by shopping around and especially looking at gift sets you can get a better deal.

26.02.2015 22:29

Advantages

• Robust
      • Responsive
      • Reliable

Disadvantages

• Cost

Beware the imitators

There is really only so much you can say about a Wii Remote Plus particularly when its the Official Remote. It works, it works really well, it does everything you'd expect of it and it does it flawlessly.

It's part of the equipment that you take for granted... that is until you realise how good it is compared to the alternatives, by which I mean third party remotes. Third party remotes are great... when they work... but sometimes they don't.

You wouldn't buy an expensive car and then let an uninsured shady character drive it, you wouldn't set up a business and then have unqualified, unskilled employees as a workforce... so why trust a cheap alternative to work with your Wii U? Yes they have all the right buttons, yes they're in all the right places but some buttons work better than others... why? I don't know but they do.

The Official Wii remote plus definitely works well, the buttons are responsive and the build quality feels good. The major difference I've noticed between an official remote and a third party one is just how quickly the third party drains batteries... it's a false economy when compared. Another aspect in which the official remote excels is in terms of pairing up with the console, not only does it pair quickly but it doesn't drop out half way through games as I have known with the third party remote i briefly owned.

The remote comes with a nice rubbery sleeve which fits snuggly around it and makes it very grippy as well as offering up good protection from drops. It also comes with a wrist strap in case the games get a bit too energetic (but in fairness third party remotes also have these).

The remote also connects up with a nunchuck well, but then why wouldn't it... it's what its supposed to do... the same can be said of its responsiveness to movement.

The one negative of the wii remote plus is the cost but you get what you pay for and what you pay for is excellent build quality, compatibility and reliability.

26.02.2015 22:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

Not very effective

We tried this after receiving a few samples before changing to Elizabeth Arden then Elemis.
      There is a big difference obviously between each company, depending on what ingredients are used but this range we found was not doing anything for our skin, I have combination to oily skin whereas another member of the family has normal skin. So between us we thought maybe one wouldn't work well but for both not to work it was a little disappointing.

This products contains:
      GREEN BANANA
      LEMON THYME
      SHEA BUTTER
      VITAMIN E
      ORGANIC BLACKCURRANT BUD EXTRACT
      ESSENTIAL ROSE WAX

These ingredients in one way or another work together to help our precious skin in the following ways:
      EXTRA FIRMING
      NOURISHING
      SOOTHES
      RELAXES SKIN
      MINIMISE LINES
      ENHANCE CONTOURS

From my own personal use all I can say if this failed to deliver on most of these aspects.
      I followed the instructions to tap lightly the cream into the skin around the eye. I would add this is slightly more of a heavier cream than the Elizabeth Arden cream and more greasy to the touch but it does eventually sink in.
      For the first two weeks I used just at night time but because I didn't feel or see a difference I began to wear this morning and night until I realised that it made applying foundation in the morning a lot longer.

The one positive I can say is this does hydrate the skin well and the skin under my eye looked smoother x

• Weleda Citrus Duo Handbag / Weleda / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      26.02.2015 22:19

Advantages

• "Not tested on animals"
      • "100% natural ingredients"
      • "lovely citrus scent"
      • "two great products to try"
      • "Cute gift"

Disadvantages

• "This actual set is no longer available just now"
      • "None really"

A lovely citrus scented all natural gift set from Weleda

This is a nice gift for someone to introduce them to Weleda. This has two lovely Weleda products 1 x 200ml Citrus Creamy Body Wash and 1 x 200ml New Citrus Hydrating Body Lotion. Both products are a good enough size to give the person a really good idea of the quality of the product.

The Body wash is a lovely gentle creamy citrus scented body wash. it doesn't lather up a huge amount but cleans and leaves the skin feeling moisturized and clean and smells fresh.

The Body lotion is quite thin yet because it is full of natural oils it is quickly absorbed and leaves my skin feeling fabulous, smelling sweetly citrus and that feeling lasts the day through.

This gift set is not available at this time but may be back in the future but both products are available separately still so you could create your own gift pack.

Weleda only use 100% natural ingredients and every ingredients in the products is there because it is beneficial.They use organic and fairtrade ingredienst to ensure that their products are the hightest quality.

• grooves-inc.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      26.02.2015 22:10

Advantages

• Reliable

Disadvantages

Positive seller

As a long time customer I rarely have any issues. A reliable place to shop.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown