• Nylabone Plastic Puppy Chew Bone / Dog Accessory / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.10.2014 16:09

Advantages

• "Hopefully stops them chewing "
      • "Good for teeth"

Disadvantages

• "My dog wasn't too keen"

Hopefully stops them chewing

When I first got my dog my biggest concern was the chewing. I was obsessed with watching him and making sure he wasn’t chewing anything that he wasn’t supposed to. I know puppies like to chew so I made sure that I bought him lots of chewable toys so he would stay away from my shoes and furniture.

This was actually the first ever thing that I bought him and even though it is a lot smaller than the normal Nylabones that you see it was still too big for him to begin with so he didn’t actually play with it for a couple of weeks.

In fact he pretty much ignored it to begin with and was chewing some softer toys that I had got him. I think this was too hard for him and it took some coaxing from me to get him to pay any attention to it. Once I had got him interested in it he did spend some time chewing it but it was never a favourite of his and he would only chew it for a couple of minutes at a time before discarding it and going to something else.

I wanted him to use this more because it helps with dental hygiene and also because I know that it is almost indestructible and he wouldn’t be able to just rip it apart like he had done with some of his other toys. Unfortunately you can’t make them to decide to like something so although I would have preferred if he had used this more I couldn’t make him.

I do think that Nylabones are great though and he now has an adult one which he seems to like a bit more. The small puppy Nylabone cost me 4.00 and I do think it is worth investing in one for your puppy if only because they are so strong and sturdy and it would be much better for your puppy to chew this than anything of yours. Just make sure and encourage them with it if they don’t show much interest to begin with.

• Ritter Sport White Whole Nuts / Sweets / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      01.10.2014 15:08

Advantages

• "very tasty if you like white chocolate"
      • "lots of large pieces of hazelnuts"

Disadvantages

• "vanilla aroma not natural"
      • "all fat and sugar"

Taste is nice, but it is so unhealthy so not buying again.

This is a tasty chocolate. It is very sweet and has both pieces and whole nuts in it, which have a lovely crunch.. this in combination with melting chocolate in your mouth is divine.

I am a lover of white chocolate yet I am trying to stay away from this guilty pleasure, because it is basically all fat and sugar.. personally I also have to binge on the sugar so once it is open I cannot stop until it is gone.

6 pieces, i.e. 1.5 fingers of chocolate have 15g of fat (6g of which are saturated), 17g of sugar and just 3g of protein. Thinking about it, what is the point of eating something so fatty, that also spikes your blood sugar?

I did some research on Ritter Sport and must say that I am not impressed. The vanilla aroma is not natural, but artificial, i.e. comes out of the laboratory - and this is although they state on the packaging that it has "natural flavour". Apparently there was a high profile law suit in Germany about this.. but ultimately the flavour is not from natural vanilla pods.

If Ritter can't even bother to source its flavours naturally.. probably out of cost (greed) and logistics reasons, that is not good enough for me.

• Uk Ipod Repairs / Other Service / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.10.2014 15:03

Advantages

• "Can Do attitude"
      • "Very fair price"
      • "Incredibly quick turn around"
      • "Very Friendly Staff"

A VERY HAPPY customer. I highly recommend UKiPod Repairs

When my ipod classic fell into the garden pond I feared the worse. I carefully dried it and found it still worked but the screen was fuzzy and unreadable. As many people do I researched for iPod repairs on the Internet and found a number of companies. Some had no phone number, others had discontinued repairing iPod Classics and some were very expensive. I then found UKiPod Repairs. I phoned them and spoke to a very friendly lady who had a very 'can do' attitude which was pleasing. I paid the set fee via my credit card and sent the iPod via Special Delivery late Monday. This morning (Wednesday) a small package arrived and on opening it I was amazed to find my ipod had been repaired and returned to me all within 24 hrs of receipt. An incredibly quick and hassle free service. Thank you so much to all your staff

01.10.2014 14:51

Advantages

• none

Disadvantages

• everything!

Schwarzkopf Gliss shampoo

I am always keen to bag a bargain and so was delighted when I spotted a bottle of Schwarzkopf Gliss ultimate volume shampoo in my local pound land. The bottle looked classy enough and the claims on the bottle were impressive too. So was it worth the small price tag?

The information on the bottle claims that this shampoo is for fine,damaged hair. As I like to colour my hair and it is certainly fine it sounded perfect!The shampoo contains liquid keratin and sea collagen. It contains no silicone and is designed to target and repair damaged areas of the hair. It is also claimed that this shampoo won't weigh hair down. The attractive purple bottle also persuaded me that this was the real deal!

The shampoo is clear and quite thick in consistency. It has a rather unpleasant chemically smell that reminds me of cheap perfume.- not pleasant at all! It did lather well however and was easy enough to rinse out. I always use a conditioner after I shampoo my hair. I usually dry my hair naturally to help prevent heat damage. To say I was disappointed with the results after using this shampoo would be an understatement! my hair was left looking and feeling flat and lifeless. Contrary to the manufacturers claims that this shampoo would not weigh my hair down it did the opposite! My hair looked awful and I needed to wash it again using my usual brand to improve things!

Overall I really can't think of anything positive to say about this shampoo. I guess you really do get what you pay for!

01.10.2014 14:35

Advantages

• comfortable
      • "blocks out most of outside noise"
      • "good sound quality"

Disadvantages

• "People can sometimes hear what you're listening too."
      • "can still hear some louder outside noise"

Look like a Cyberman whilst you listen to your favourite tracks

I have several pairs of earphones yet only a couple of sets of head phones, with these being on of the latter. With these ones being the better of the ones I have due to the sound quality that they offer, which is why I use these.
      These headphones look like any other headphones, but these have a surprising difference, which is what in the trade is called 'noise cancellation'. This doesn't mean that once your got these over your ears you can't hear the noise going on around you, it just means that it can help rid your ears of the surrounding noise so that you can enjoy your music more clearly.
      And it doesn't mean that you can listen to your music without others hearing what it is as when the tracks are on loud the muffled sounds do come through the padding, so no secretly listening to Barbara Streisand on the quiet.

These do run off a AAA battery, which slots into one of the ear muffs and give enough power to the headphones to let them do what they are supposed to do. But you can use them without the battery power, although you don't get the true sound perfection as you do with the battery power kicking in. one AAA battery may not sound much but it's enough for these head phones.

The earpads are cushioned, although when first placed over ears they can be a little cold on the skin, which soon goes as the pads and your skin get to a normal temp. They are well padded, around the ears and even on the top of the head, and, as the head band is pretty flexible, they should fit over any size head really. (Within reason).
      It claims to give out 16dB of noise power.? But as I don't own a decibel reader I can't say if that's true or not.
      The adapter is supposed to be gold plated, to give a clearer and better quality sound

These headphones come with all the bits you need, including an adapter so that the phones can fit into both 3.5mm ports and 6.3mm ports, there's also a cable as well.
      They fold up, making them easier to store away, especially when putting them in the supplied bag.

These head phones knock out at about £35, which, for the quality of sound given, is not too bad considering that some headphones are selling for triple that.

• Sony Vaio SVT1121A4EW / Laptop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.10.2014 14:17

Advantages

• "long life of battery"
      • stylish
      • "easy to use."

Disadvantages

• "slightly more weight"

Laptop of new generation

i bought this product two months ago and i am really happy with the product. battery life is good picture quality is awesome. i used to watch movies and listen songs.we all familiar with the crystal clear sound quality of sony. Although i didn't use it as a tablet much. if you want to play games inbuilt graphic card helps you but the performance will goes down with heavy games. Price is reasonable and easily affordable also you are getting best configuration that is i5 processor with 4 gb ram and inbuilt intel graphic card.

• Runner Beans / Plant / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.10.2014 14:15

Advantages

• tasty
      • "easy to grow"

Disadvantages

• none

Runner beans

I really love growing my own vegetables. One of the easiest to grow are runner beans . Not only are they easy to grow, but they taste delicious and are loved by my children.

Lets get started.

******************

Beans can be grown either from seed or from young plants. I grow from seed as it works out a lot cheaper! In about February prepare the soil. Dig over well and add compost or rotted manure. I use Chicken manure pellets that are widely available. Runner beans are tall and will need a plot that will protect them from the wind. They also like to grow in full sunlight.

Around the end of April I buy my seeds and plant one per pot. I place all the pots on my sunny kitchen windowsill and wait for them to germinate. It is important to keep the seedlings well watered. I am always surprised at how quickly these little seeds start to grow!

Planting out.

************

It is important that all risk of frost has passed before you plant your beans outside. I usually plant out around May . I use a plant fleece to cover at night if the temperature is due to drop to below 5 degrees.

Runner beans will need support and I use bamboo canes tied together in a wigwam . The support will need to be about 8 feet in height.

Caring for your beans
      ********************************

Runner beans require little care. However they do like to be watered regularly. Young bean plants are very popular with slugs and snails. I find that surrounding the base of each plant with broken egg shells helps to keep them away.

Harvesting.

**********

The more you pick the more you will get! I like to harvest the beans when they are still quite small . To prepare top and tail them and then steam. I like to add beans to curries, pasta sauces and have also added a handful to cooked macaroni before adding a cheese sauce. Runner beans will freeze well too.

This is a recipe I really like-

200 grams of runner beans- topped and tailed.

4 tbsp of olive oil.

1 small red onion cut into wedges.

4 cloves of garlic.

5 tomatoes cut into quarters.

A dash of Tabasco sauce.

Salt and pepper.

1. Steam beans for about 7 minutes.

2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.

3. Add the tomatoes and beans, salt ,pepper5 and Tabasco.

4. Cook over medium heat adding a little water.

5. Stir until sauce thickens and beans are tender.

Overall runner beans are easy to grow and taste so much nicer than the ones you buy from a supermarket!

01.10.2014 13:42

Advantages

• " no wires"
      • "wireless woofer"

Disadvantages

• "for 55 inch and 65 inch televisions. Best suited to them."

A good product and well thought out.

As usual Panasonic have lived up to their reputation. Their products are first class and affordable. This sound bar is versatile. You can place the speakers on the wall on brackets . Quite a lot of Televisions these days have good surround built in.

But if you really want to feel as if the sound has wrapped itself around you. Then there is no doubt that this sound bar is for you. To be sat watching a film or a series and literally feel as if you are in the middle of it. It is incredible and very pleasing, if it is a horror even more so. Hold somebody's hand or hold on to the settee! that is how good this experience is.

There are no wires to mess around with. There is blue tooth here as well so the sound can be accessed and be stored on a mobile a P.C or a tablet. According to what you have of these you can have a good sound quality. The woofer brings out the bass in the sound. If you are walking and have the earphones in and you can bring what you have downloaded up. This makes for a good walk or Jog.

I like the fact that when there is talking and the sound can drown it. You can adjust the clear mode dialogue in four setting and you do not lose the speaking. Quite often something will be lost because the sounds drown the speaking.

There is three HDMI inputs so a variety of things can be plugged in. All in all this is a very versatile and a good product. One other little thing, if you are unfortunate to have to have hearing aids and listening to television. This clear mode dialogue is a boon. I have them, so i know how confusing this can be at times. This clear mode settles all that.

i would say that Panasonic have thought this one out. They have done well with a lot of people in mind. When all said and done, no matter no matter how good the product. We are the ones that matter. well done Panasonic.

01.10.2014 13:10

Advantages

• "Similar to Adele"
      • "Doesn't heavily focus on sex or drugs"
      • "Refreshing vocals and music style"
      • "Able to relate easily with lyrics"

Disadvantages

• "Songs are really depressing"

Spiritually enlightening!

I'm surprised nobody has reviewed Sam Smith's album yet, he's so popular in my city! There are no words to bring Justice to this beautiful and talented young man. Sam Smith's voice has been compared to famous singer, Adele, and there is no surprise as to why. His vocals are amazing and is easily followed by soothing instrumentals in the background. The lyrics to most of his songs are gut-wrenching, following the every day issues that many people face.

Some of the issues he addresses in his album are:
      - The feeling of abandonment and loneliness.
      - Wanting someone that will never love you the way you love them.
      - Being true to one's self.
      - The difficulties of love.

While it may sound repetitive to many other song-writers these days about being love-stricken, Sam takes heartbreak to another spiritual level. One of my favorite songs, Life Support, leaves a bitter sweet taste in your mouth after singing along with Sam. Some of the lyrics are as follows:

"Can't you see that I am yours?
      So will you be my life support?
      I've been sleeping with the lights on
      Cause the darkness is surrounding you"

Again, my words will not do any justice until you go to youtube right now and type in Sam Smith in the search bar! I promise, you will not regret what you will hear. There is so much soul in his voice that it is impossible to listen to his songs without being affected. The instrumentals in most of his songs are not so heavily dependent on beats or rhythms, instead, it highlights Sam's voice without over-powering him. If you listen to him live or acoustic, you'll be surprised at the talent he's able to possess even without instrumentals.

Another amazing thing i'd like to point out is that Sam is open about his sexuality and is an advocate for support same-sex marriage. It takes a lot of courage for anyone, especially that of an artist who has not made a big impact in the media just yet, to be so open and vulnerable about their identity. I wouldn't treat Sam any different whether or not he was heterosexual or homosexual, but because there is a lack of positive representation of the LGBTQA community in the media, it means a lot to me that Sam has the courage to be so confident in himself and his music.

In conclusion... please give this man a chance and listen to his album. I could write an essay on the meaning of his songs but i'd prefer you experience it yourself. :) Hope this encouraged someone to check him out!

01.10.2014 12:33

Advantages

• "It's a John Green book "
      • "So cheesy that it's enjoyable!"
      • "Unique book "

Disadvantages

• "Dull main character"
      • "Too many Katherines "
      • "Math terminology"

It could be the best book or the worst; choose wisely

I'll start off this review by talking about the advantages:

If you're familiar with John Green, you'll have a glimpse of what his writing style may be like. In this book, however, I can't say it's the same as it's popular brother, The Fault in Our Stars, but it is unique for many different reasons. We start off the book by learning about Colin, a teenage boy who is sought out on becoming a child prodigy. He's very self-centered, however, he's not the least bit cocky. He spends most of his time thinking about two things: everything that possesses a solution and Katherine number 19, or well, all the Katherines'. He has a remarkable best friend, Hassan, who is quite the opposite. Hassan is the class clown and lifts Colin's spirits up when it's down, which is quite a lot in this book. The two sought out after a road trip that could possibly change both of them for the better. Following the road trip, they meet wonderful (and not so wonderful) people that teach them a bit about growing up and, well, love.

Now onto the dirty, gritty part of my review:

I'm not the smartest kid in my group of friends, but I could still keep up with a math class or two. Whatever I took in school did not prepare me for a lot of the terminologies described in this book. It doesn't put you much of a setback from the plot if you can't read an equation or two, but if you're someone who really hates math or science, I wouldn't recommend the book because the idea comes up quite often. The book is quite repetitive as well; not because the plot is slow or continuously drags itself for 200+ pages but because there are 19 Katherines to keep up with. Nineteen. On top of that, because Colin isn't the brightest crayon in the box, the story may make you rip off John Green's head and made you wish you would've burned the book when you had the chance. Kidding. But if these things scare you, just put the book down gently, alright?

One of the main reasons I found myself compelled by this book was the amount of foot notes located at the bottom of the page on several occasions. The graphs are very detailed and you could easily tell that John Green did his research. You may want to take this book with a grain of salt because it may not be everyone's cup of tea. If you enjoy witty, nerdy, and cliche items of all sorts, I'd definitely recommend everyone to try this book. It wasn't the best John Green book but if you're a Green fan, it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

• print24 online printing / Online Shop / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      01.10.2014 11:15

Advantages

• fast
      • cheap

Disadvantages

fast, good quality

I purchased some flyers from print24 due to the price i expected a lower grade of quality but was quite suprised when they arrived quicker than expected and the quality was really good

01.10.2014 11:12

Advantages

• "Reduced odour "
      • "Cat like it"
      • "Less mess"
      • "Environmentally friendly "
      • "Absorbent "

Disadvantages

• "Nothing "

Woody Cat Litter!

Owning a cat especially an indoor cat means that cat litter is a necessity. Having tried several different types, I and my cat prefer to use the wood based pellet cat litter and I have purchased the pets at home version several times now as I like the fact that I can buy it in large bags.

This cat litter can be purchased from the pets at home stores or on the website www.petsathome.com. The litter comes in two different sized bags, 15 litres for £6.99 or 30 litres for £8.99. There is currently a special offer online to purchase two 30 litre bags for £16.00.

The litter itself is made from biodegradable wood formed into small pellets, it states on the bag that the litter contains no additives or glues and is environmentally friendly.

I prefer to use this type of cat litter as my cat tends not to scratch and spray it out of her litter tray as much as the standard cat litter and it does not create nearly as much dust. It also has quite a pleasant pine scent which seems to keep odours at bay as it is very absorbent.

My cat also seems very happy with this cat litter and doesn’t hesitate to use her litter tray for all of her toileting needs when I use it.

Overall I have been very impressed with this cat litter, it is absorbent, keeps odour at bay and is long lasting. I tend to remove solid waste from my cats litter tray on a daily basis and fully change the tray twice per week. The large bags also mean that I don’t have to purchase litter as often. For me and my cat this litter is perfect and I would highly recommend it and continue to purchase it in the future.

01.10.2014 11:07

Advantages

• "No sulfates"
      • Gentle
      • "Works well"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Good product, but pricey

A while ago, I got some samples from a magazine consisting of miniature REN skincare samples. REN is a company with a philosophy of “clean skincare” and combines the latest technology and product testing with 100% plant and mineral derived ingredients, free from skin-unfriendly synthetic ingredients. The full-size products can be bought from their own website at http://www.renskincare.com/, or from a number of other outlets.

One of the items I got was the Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel. This is described as a “detergent and soap free gel cleanser” that removes make-up, oils, dirt and pollution without stripping the skin. It also contains no sulphates.

The product comes in 150ml bottles with a pump dispenser and costs £14, which is pricey but not as much as some products I’ve seen around. My sample size is a tube with a screw top, which does make it a bit tricky to get the product out.

Instructions state that you should apply one pump of cleanser onto damp hands and gently massage over the face and neck, then rinse off with warm water. I have to squeeze mine out of the tube before massaging. It doesn’t lather as well as some products I’ve tried – probably because of the lack of sulfates – but it does a reasonable job. The gel feels very gentle on my face: it doesn’t irritate my skin or eyes at all, washes off easily, and doesn’t make my skin feel dry or tight even before applying moisturiser.

As far as I can tell the gel does a good job of removing dirt and pollution; my skin certainly feels clean afterwards. I tend to use it in the morning rather than at night, so can’t really tell if it would remove makeup or not as it claims. It seems to fulfil the claim of balancing, toning and soothing the skin without causing tightness. I’m not so sure about reducing pore sizes – that would be a challenge!

Overall, I like this cleanser and would recommend it for those with sensitive skin or those who wish to avoid sulfates. Personally, I wouldn’t want to spend the high price, as there are other cleansers I like that are cheaper.

• Anthisan Cream / Allergy & Hayfever / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.10.2014 09:18

Advantages

• "the best cream for bite"

Disadvantages

• none

a cream good for your holiday

last month I went on Holiday to Barbados and I took lots of merchandises with me!
      The most one taken with me was a tube of anthisan, as although I had brought insect repellent, there clearly was no harm and bringing this along just in case. A 25g tube of Anthisan normally sells at about GBP4 although I got it on offer at the time for about GBP2!
      Anthisan is a lotion which has a medication called mepyramine maleate that is a kind of antihistamine. By using it to the affected region (i.e. the bite) it prevents the body's response to an allergy. It may be purchased from a variety of pharmacists and supermarkets so it's broadly accessible.

The cream comes using an image of bees in a straightforward yellow box and in is a little tube which has precisely the same picture.
      To use the cream is very easy and clear-cut, just use a little quantity to the bite, for results that are the best do it when you've been bitten! So this particular bite on my outer thigh absolutely was likely a while after that it was really implemented, I regrettably had it and was wearing leggings to the airplane home. Nevertheless this did not actually matter as literally within the space of 10 minutes or so the annoyance had ended!

The creme is obviously rather a thick, white cream which reminded me a little steroid cream I'd used for my eczema previously. It's not greasy or tacky, but is fairly a nice consistency which makes it pleasant to use. It is also worth to remember that there are of course a couple of precautions to take, so it's wise to read the leaflet in the box before use (although I didn't! and am fairly ignorant).

Overall for anybody going on vacation, where there is a chance of being bitten this will undoubtedly be a nice precautionary item to take on holiday with you, or even keep at home in the first aid kit box ,as my friend has used this when she'd nettle rash from accidentally brushing her hand past a stinging nettle and it worked brilliantly for her. At the total retail cost of GBP4 it is rather expensive to get a small tube, but a little goes a long way and I still have a considerable number left when I go away on vacation, stored away next year! So with no doubt I would certainly recommend anthisan.

• MyBuilder.com / Internet Site / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.10.2014 09:00

Advantages

• "Previous customer recommendations"

Disadvantages

• none

Takes the risk out of choosing tradesmaen

I have used MyBuilder several times now after a previous bad experiance with a tradesman and have nothing but good things to say about the people who did the work.

Takes the gambling out of choosing tradesmem and would recommend to anyone.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown