• Tesco Value BB-060 / Portable Radio / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.06.2015 00:02

Advantages

• "radio and CD"
      • "good enough sound"
      • "simple feature"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "no digital radio"

A simple radio/cd player for a simple life ....

This is one of those old fashioned looking radio, CD players that I used to see sitting in the centre of a group of youths sprawled all over the local park. And that is exactly what it is, it's a clock radio CD player.
      The CD goes into the flap at the top which lifts up by pressing the know at the side of the circle that covers the CD.
      On the front there's the two 3 watt speakers with the little display that has a couple of button on either side.
      The sound quality is nice and clear, although when using the radio feature it can be a little bit of a hassle when picking up some stations and keeping them clear. Even the aerial raised to its limit does not help much in improving the signal. It's not horrific, but it can sometimes become a little 'fuzzy' at times.
      As for the CD player. This is lovely and it plays the CDs with clarity, even when the unit gets knocked the CD doesn't jump about like some other players can do.
      The screen is a simple one, showing the the simple information that you may need such as the radio station you're on and the CD number track you're listening too. You don't need any more information when it comes to playing CDs or listening to the radio really, so this is worth looking into.

It's not going to play MP3 tracks so you have to be careful when you download all those dodgy songs from online, and it's not digital, which most are these days, and it shows in the price as this is only about £10 - £15, tops.

• Lexus IS 250 / Car / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.06.2015 23:45

Advantages

• "Cruise Control"
      • "Parking Sensors"
      • Handling
      • Exclusivity
      • Looks
      • I.C.E
      • Comfort

Disadvantages

• "Fuel Economy"
      • "Long Gearing"
      • "Turbo Lag"
      • Dpf

Its A Love, Hate Thing

I have owned my 2007 Lexus IS220d for 2 years now, here are my thoughts and opinions on the vehicle so far. Is it worth buying ? read on to find out.

Why did i choose this car? -
      Previously i owned a 2002 Ford Focus TDCI LX, it was a fantastic car and served me well. On the last few days of ownership it was starting to generate small niggles which were growing in to bigger problems. So i decided it was time for an upgrade, I've alway loved the look of luxury saloons, even when i was younger on route to holidays, i used to watch the Bmw 5 series and Audi A6's hammering down the motorway and thinking to myself i would love to own something like that when I grow up :). One of my favourite cars i used to see was the Lexus Is220d, i just loved the way it looked, it really facinated me for some reason.
      The one i bought -
      i was 21 when i bought the Lexus, i spotted it at a dealership on my way to college, like an excited school kid wanting a new toy, i went over to the dealership on my lunch break to check out the vehicle. I fell in love at first sight. It was a Velvet Black 2007 Lexus IS220d SE (177) with Leather Seats, Front&Rear parking sensors and only 64,000 miles it was up for £6250 which i didn't think was a bad price for the condition and mileage. i ended up purchasing it the same day.

First Impressions-
      WOW! IM IN MY DREAM CAR!!!! Honestly i was that excited when i first drove the car i can't actually remember my first impressions, all i could remember was is there enough fuel to get me to the petrol station as the dealer only left me with 8 miles remaining.
      What was it like upgrading from a Focus-
      It was a great feeling, i have so many new toys, Cruise control is incredible i love being able to set it to 70mph ;) on the motorway and be able to rest my right foot. One of the big differences i noticed was blind spots, the windows are much smaller on the Lexus and the side pillars are huge I'm guessing its because of the curtain airbags. Driving the Focus was like driving the Pope mobile massive windows! This is where I'm glad the last owner went for the parking sensors, the work a treat when parking. The Lexus is noticeably more powerful although has a lot more Turbo Lag, which i will get to in a moment.

After 2 years:
      Driving the IS220d:
      Its a very comfy vehicle mine has the leather seats, and has a big centre armrest which is fabulous on longer journeys, the stereo is also incredible sadly mine isn't the mark levinson system, but even the standard system has 13 speakers and a built in Sub, its a very warm sound with the punch is there if you need it. The Steering is great, light when your parking and stiffens up when you throw it in to the corners, this brings me on to the cars rigitity it is a very smooth ride you don't feel all of the bumps, when you turn sharp corners it dosen't roll either i think the way the car handles was a big thing for the IS being the more sportier model of the Lexus range..

Whats the performance like:
      This car seems to have its good days and bad days, some times it feels like a very powerful car which puts you to the back of your seat other times it feels like a 1.0 polo, the torque and power comes in very late around 2200RPM, there is absoulutly nothing underneath this, it is very scary when pulling out at roundabouts and junctions. You put your foot down and nothing happens. Sometimes you have to drop down to 2nd to get up a hill, the focus would happily trundle up in 4th. Once you get past that 2200RPM thats when you start to feel that 400NM of Torque. Now most people would say just drive in the Turbo range! That is very hard to do due to the very long gearing, you have to drive past the turbo range to get inside the turbo for the next gear. the car will drop from over 1500rpm between each gear. What i tend to do is put the car in 3rd and drive it like a CVT gearbox you can go from about 28mph to over 60mph in 3rd gear thats how long the gears are. if you leave it in 3rd and accelarate from about 40mph you can overtake easily without any worries. I think once you have learnt the way the car likes to be driven you start to like the car more with its quirky ways.
      Does it drink the Diesel.
      Yes! its not the most fuel efficent diesel out there. mine usually averages about 32mpg it goes up to about 36mpg during motorway driving, this is mainly due to having to thrash it to get anywhere. Another thing that really effects the cars fuel economy is the DPF, which i will get to next.

Have i had any problems:
      Only one DPF! The worst thing ever to be put on a diesel car it ruins the whole car. A DPF or Diesel Particulate Filter is there to catch all of the soot particles to help save the environment, sounds good right? Not if you have owned a car with it on, after a while which was quicker than i expected the DPF gets full, the car gets very sluggish and your MPG drops to about 25mpg, to clean out the DPF you have to drive a fair distance at a certain speed at High RPM, (i can't see how this is helping the environment) If it gets to clogged which was my case, the car goes in to Limp mode were you can only go a certain speed to get you home (quicker to walk) The only way to get the car back out of Limp mode is to either have the DPF remove (Tempting but illegal) or have it cleaned, which was the option i went for after spending over £400 and losing the car for a week i finally got the car back. It felt fantastic again. Its been about 4 months since i had it done and I'm starting to feel the car blocking up again, I'm certainly not paying £400 again this time its being removed as its only £250 for a removal and will be the end to any future problems. I can't recommend you to do this as its not entirely legal, depending where you are it may not go through an M.O.T.
      Costs:
      Not to bad for the size of car, obviously the fuels a big cost, you need to put in ultimate or v-power diesel in to help stop the DPF from blocking. At my local shell garage V-Power is currently 130.9p per litre I put in about £20 every 3-4 days to do a 11 mile round trip each day. Tax is £205 per year which isn't to bad i think i was paying around £180 for my 1.8 focus. my insurance at 23 is £72pm again not to bad meaning I'm under 25.Other than the DPF cost it has been an affordable car to run.

Would i recommend the car-
      Yes and No, if you can forgive its niggles with the dreaded DPF and the Turbo Lag its a fantastic car, its much more rare to see an IS220d over the countless number of Audi's and BMW's on our roads, i think it great to have something a bit different. It is certainly as comfy and has as much technology as its rivals. If i knew how much trouble the DPF was before i bought the car i probably would have gone for its petrol brother the IS250. But i have grown to love the car and can't think of anything else for the price of this car that i would rather have had.

(Also on CIAO)

29.06.2015 22:57

Advantages

• "Easy to use"
      • "Leaves hair feeling soft and shiny"
      • "Great value"

Disadvantages

Perfect for dry and/ or coloured hair!

I bought this conditioning spray following a conversation with a work colleague. She swore that this stuff "saved" her hair, so when I saw it on offer for half price in Superdrug I dropped one into my basket. My hair was very dry from colouring and was in need of some good old moisture!

The spray comes in a pump bottle with a blue plastic lid. The spray contains oil which tends to rise to the top of the bottle, so it's a good idea to give the bottle a shake before use.

I use the spray on both wet and dry hair, although I tend to use it on dry hair more. In fact I use this daily alongside my Moroccan Oil. I use this spray all over my hair and I use the oil on the ends of my hair. The good thing about this spray is that it never leaves your hair feeling greasy. I even massage this spray into my roots as apparently scalp massage helps to stimulate hair growth! The spray doesn't leave me with greasy roots either and I am noticing rapid hair growth.

This spray smells great with the classic "Dove" scent. It also lasts ages as a little goes a long way with its fine delicate mist. It really refreshes my dry coloured hair without stripping my hair of colour. It's easy to use and it always leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny.

I have noticed a positive difference since using this spray. My hair is less dry and I don't lose as much of it compared to before using the spray. It's a lot less brittle so it doesn't break off as much at the ends now.

Overall this is a lovely light hair conditioning spray from Dove. If you colour/ blow dry/ straighten your hair like I do then I would certainly recommend this!

29.06.2015 22:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

Biotherm Eau Pure Eau de Toilette

The Biotherm Eau Pure Eau de Toilette is available for GBP 39.99.

The Eau de Toilette contains essential oils have the invigorating properties and to bring it through the day - as a kind of energy shower. The scent is very light and airy, like a summer breeze, so to speak, but at the same time has such a positive effect on the mind that makes you feel better immediately. Lime, kiwi, rhubarb and green tea are the manufacturer, the components contained the top note and clearly can not I smell out of it, but the mixture of all four is simply divine. The Eau de Toilette is clearly a summer fragrance, it is so light that it can strike anyone as a penetrant, surrounds the winner but with a touch of freshness can feel the outsiders only positive. The slight citrus flavor is refreshing, the scent even cools a bit - all in all, the perfect scent for warm days. The heart of the Eau de Toilette consists of lotus blossom, jasmine and reseda, which give the fragrance an aquatic note, as if you were at the seaside or at least at the swimming pool. The base note includes amber, patchouli and musk, very hot components, yet feminine - and the scent is by no means unisex, but quite clearly a feminine fragrance. Overall is the Eau de Toilette a fruity, fresh, aquatic fragrance that is so light that it is just perfect for the summer. He's just a good mood and lets start a wonderful and full of energy in the day. Since the perfume is so easy, I put most of afternoon again a little, because throughout the day, it unfortunately does not. I do not expect a summer fragrance but actually. And for that you get probably the big bottle at a price quite human, because actually Biotherm is not a very cheap brand. In this respect - all in order. I wear the fragrance way, actually more or less the whole body. The spray is very fine, but anyway covers quite a large area from, so I spray then simply go out and catch at least almost the entire upper body with it.

29.06.2015 21:57

Advantages

Disadvantages

Schwarzkopf Color XXL

The Schwarzkopf Color XXL hair colour is available for GBP 5.49.

The hair colour is described as follows. "Want extra vibrant, extra long-lasting & intense colours full of healthy shine? Then check out our shades and boost your colour into HD! MAXIMUM COLOUR POWER: Using the latest in colour technology, the new hi-definition formula has been optimised to deliver improved colour formation inside the hair and maximum coverage of each hair strand - for longer-lasting, intense colour that’s highly fade resistant. SHINE BRIGHT: Say goodbye to dullness with the new Ultra Shine HD after treatment – for colour that stays vibrant and shines!"

The application is very easy, and using the instructions are no problems. I have long thick hair and I need two packs of coloration. First you screw the cap of the bottle with the application developer emulsion and then you pour out the contents of the tube with the color cream into it. Then closes the bottle well and begins to shake it so that both products are completely mixed. Then you only have to unscrew the top closure top and then you can already start with the application. The coloration is distributed and massaged strand by strand on the whole hair. Complete color spread on the hair they need to work for about 30 minutes. The whole thing smells of course a bit uncomfortable, but if you take a look at the ingredients it does not surprise you. When 30 minutes is up, you can rinse out the color. I rinse the color is always first with clean water. Then I foamy my hair with shampoo and rinse it a good until the water is clear, clearly it is not. Even after repeated washing, the water is still colored slightly red, but that's normal. Finally, I give the conditioner to damp hair and let it act a few minutes. Then I rinse this lot again thoroughly and then I'm done. By the conditioner, the hair is kept and are nice and soft. It should also extend the brilliance of the hair. One tube of conditioner to get the most out of two applications. With the result I am very satisfied, it is a beautiful vibrant red with a great shine. When I applied the color was the first time the red really loud and bright, but unfortunately it is dark which I think is a pity to me with any coloring, but that's as far as I know normally. The result, of course, also depends on the initial hair color from when before dyeing has very fair hair, the color of course gaudy than with darker hair. After two to three weeks, the color begins to fade.

29.06.2015 21:45

Advantages

Disadvantages

Palmolive Naturals Delicate Care Almond Milk Liquid Hand Wash

The Palmolive Naturals Delicate Care Almond Milk Liquid Hand Wash is available for GBP 1.89.

The handwash is described as follows. "Palmolive Delicate Care Liquid Handwash is a soap free formula enriched with extracts of 100% natural origin of Almond and Aloe Vera. It contains a unique combination of mild cleansers and a skin conditioner."

The ingredients are Aqua, Sodium C12-13 Pareth Sulfate / Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Salicylate, Parfum, Sodium Benzoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Extract, Sine Adipe Lac, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde and Linalool.

The soap is housed in a plastic dispenser which is transparent. The lever that allows you the soap is fed out easy to use. In addition, you will find on the package nor information on manufacturers and ingredients. The content is 300 ml. The soap has a very creamy consistency and is decorated in white. Already when the soap comes out, flows a fine slightly sweet almond scent in my nose. If the soap device with a little water in conjunction, they foam easily. In addition, it feels very comfortable to hold and can be soaping prima thus. Even rinsing works fine. After I dried my hands, I of course had to do it again the smell test. They have great smelled of almonds and even some time after that. In addition, the soap has not dried my hands, but very well maintained. For me this is a very good soap that gives my hands a pleasant scent. In addition, the care is through this soap well. And especially when you consider that the price is so low. Therefore I can only recommend you the soap.

• Skullcandy INKD 2.0 / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.06.2015 21:41

Advantages

• "Tangle Free"
      • "Good Design"

Disadvantages

• "Can't Recall Major Defects"

Good Design & Is Tangle Free With Decent Noise Cancellation

A stray model in this price range might be available in a subtle black or white, but most of them are flashy and come in a variety of colours. I feel this barrage of options is great for users who want to stand out from the crowd, and for them, Skullcandy is definitely the best bet.

There are multiple manufacturers apart from Skullcandy like Sony, Philips, Soundmagic, Cowon, JBL, JVC, Creative and many more, that populate this price range. Quite a few have some swanky designs which are rather understated. Each one's sound definition varies and I am finding it increasingly difficult to recommend the appropriate one considering that listening styles also vary from person to person.

Fortunately, there is a selection for all types of listeners.

I have the Football Club (FC) Barcelona edition of the Skullcandy Ink'd 2 with us. Just like the Hesh 2 I reviewed some time ago, I want to reiterate that cosmetic embellishments notwithstanding, the performance of this model will not change across the multiple different colours and special editions. Let's find out how they perform and if the price is justified.

Skullcandy actively advertises 11mm drivers for better bass output in the Ink'd 2, which are incidentally the same as the first-generation Ink'd. Now, I know that some headphones/earphones with larger drivers can sound horrible, and so I refrain from commenting on it until I get to the sound quality. They have a dynamic sound range of 20Hz to 20KHz which is almost the norm. I couldn't find any information about the impedance which is disappointing since I would rather know how well they will work with different devices. Fortunately, in our testing they worked with most of the devices I tried.

I are glad that the revised edition of the Ink'd has a flat cable. It is extremely thin but sturdy and I expect it not to snap in regular usage. But since it is thin, tangling cannot be avoided which is the USP of flat cables. Being the FC Barcelona edition, the Ink'd 2 is predominantly blue with a streak of yellow running around the edge of the flat cable. The earplugs have a circular strip with red accents. A logo of Barcelona decorates the back of the earplugs. I like the design and fans of the club are bound to love it.

29.06.2015 21:37

Advantages

Disadvantages

Dove Compressed Grapefruit & Lemongrass Antiperspirant

The Dove Compressed Grapefruit & Lemongrass Antiperspirant is available for GBP 3.50.

The deodorant is described as follows. "Dove compressed with ¼ moisturisers. Effective protection plus care in a little can. Use Dove compressed just like your normal 250ml Dove aerosol and it will last just as long.The crisp, nature-inspired scent of energising grapefruit and lemongrass - absolutely. So with a freshingly light sensation for your underarms, you can now feel fresh and clean all day long! Wake up. Go fresh."

The ingredients are Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, Cyclopentasiloxane, Parfum, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethiconol, Octyldodecanol, BHT, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Hexyl Limonene and Linalool.

The deodorant is designed in a simple white with predominantly black writing, a few words were highlighted in orange. The cover is yellow and on the bottle is a subtle picture of a grapefruit and lemongrass. I think all in all a very nice design. I love this deodorant, it smells wonderfully fresh and especially in the summer this is the perfect fragrance and perfect care for shoulders. The smell ago I think it is fantastic. It's nice and fresh, pleasant, subtle and not so pushy. I could see over the whole day light scent waves of citrus, where the smell is not at all artificial. From Grapefruit I could sniff out anything directly, as a whole, the deodorant provides a great, fruity fragrance. In the beginning I had some once sprayed too much and therefore White residues were perceiving. But that was my own fault, and then did not get before, when I had dosed the deodorant something more economical. Then white patches remained out of black clothes, which I prefer. It lasts all day with me.

• Tannoy Arena Satellite / Speaker / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.06.2015 21:34

Advantages

• "Good & Durable Design"

Disadvantages

• "Not Exactly The Best Audio Quality"

Decent Speakers & I Would Recommend Them To A Friend!

In this issue, it seems like the mandate was satellite/subwoofer systems. I had the pleasure of auditioning what might be the upper end of the spectrum. Tannoy is my product of choice, purely based on what appears to be the sexiest, most unique, and highest priced of the selected systems. This bronze (also available in lacquers, white, silver, or black) bombshell is the most striking I have seen. Rolex, Ferrari, Razor, and Lexus have nothing on this design! From the moment I opened the boxes, they screamed of quality. I handled each piece like a Fabergé Egg (kind of that shape), careful not to disturb what appeared to be umpteen coats of piano-quality lacquer.

Unique Features/Setup
      Dual Concentric and Wideband are terms you will quickly become familiar with when researching the Tannoy company and its commitment to perfection. You might have heard them before, but for simple clarification, let's review. Concentric isn't difficult; it is as Webster's tells us, "Having a center in common." So, Dual Concentric is having the tweeter (high frequency driver) in the throat of the mid-bass driver. This allows all music information to generate from one pinpoint location. Benefit? With all musical bandwidth delivered from one pinpoint location, this time-coherent point source allows for excellent dispersion and imaging. While others spread multiple drivers along a tall baffle, causing time errors in delivery, acoustic synergy is achieved with the Tannoy Arena 5.1 system, delivering sound "on time" to any location in the room. This is nothing new in the studio monitors of most recording studios.

29.06.2015 21:27

Advantages

• "Good Value For Money"
      • "Cleans Well"

Disadvantages

• "Slightly Noisy"

Good Appliance, Worth Your Money & Gives Good Results

Dimensions (mm)

Height: 850
      Width: 450
      Depth: 600

Okay with all the technical specifications out of the way,

very good with dried on food, glass wear very sparkling. Ideal for those who have limited space. My last dish washer did not have the salt and rinse aid facility, and often would require me to rinse some items, so defiantly a plus and not to be skipped. Quiet when in use could be put on at night if a longer wash cycle is required.

The fact that this product is rated A it means that you are going to be saving a lot of energy as well as saving money. If the appliance takes up too much electricity and isnt really getting the job done then i always tell myself that it wasnt or it isnt worth my money. Plus something the size of this and with a output level so high i think that this product should be used by everyone (just a recommendation) not the fact that this is the best out there. But doe to the fact that for its price. it gets the job done in an orderly manner. I would have never found this bad boy if my old one didnt decide to play up on me.

• Sony KDL-40W605B / LCD TV / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.06.2015 21:17

Advantages

• "Variety of Different Ports"
      • "The Internal System Is Good"

Disadvantages

• "Audio Is Not Exactly The Best"

Decent Television With Good Video & Audio Quality. Highly Recommended!

The 40-inch Sony 40W605B is part of the successor range to last year’s impressively good value W6 series – and it looks set to pick up where that successful range left off. That's because despite costing just £534 it enjoys Sony’s consistently excellent X-Reality Pro picture processing, and Sony’s latest SEN online/smart system. So if its picture quality hasn’t been compromised too much from that witnessed recently on its step up sibling, the excellent Sony 50W829, we could have a serious bargain on our hands.

This Sony TV has a truly excellent picture, right out of the box, without any fuss or settings adjustment. The Cinema mode is stunning and is almost as good as a plasma. I'm quite happy to leave it in this mode for everything as the picture quality is sublime. While the sound is lacking a little it's acceptable partly because the speakers are placed in the bottom of the TV where it's thickness increases. If you turn it up it does sound better and can go quite loud without distortion. It's a lot better than my previous Panasonic TX-39A400B which had nothing to offer in picture quality and I found the sound too quiet even at 100%. I've ordered a Maxell MSXB 252 SoundBase to complement the picture quality and will review that when it arrives.

It has a few 'smart' features such as giving information about the current programme (using the Gracenote database), a media server that can connect to DLNA servers and other apps that can browse YouTube etc. The only 'con' I've found in the weeks worth of use so far is the 10 second delay when turning on. You can't change AV or channels until the 'Please wait...' message disappears. It's a minor irritation and nothing more.

Connections are plentiful with 4 HDMI ports, optical out and USB as well as others. You can connect a USB compatible hard drive and record direct from FreeView to it (although I think the recordings are locked to only play on this device. I haven't tried it, only read about it. but it makes sense knowing how protective Sony are about that sort of thing)

• Samsung BD-P1580 / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      29.06.2015 21:05

Advantages

• "Works Perfectly"
      • "Sleek Design"

Disadvantages

• "Slight Issues With First Playback"

First Blu-Ray Player? This one is the dream :)

Movies come to life with Blu-ray thanks to Full High Definition 1080p picture quality, and next generation HD sound. The BD-P1580 combines superb movie playback with great connectivity thanks to BD Live capability, Wireless Connectivity (Wifi Dongle required) and USB host play. Blu-ray is the perfect way to make the most of your HD TV.

Digital images are made up of pixels. The more pixels the image is made up of, the clearer, more detailed that picture becomes. Blu-Ray players' output images at Full HD 1080p generating vividly realistic images with outstanding clarity. In addition to this, Blu-ray players are capable of outputting High Definition sound for the ultimate movie experience. Your movies will literally be brought to life with Blu-ray.

The USB host feature allows direct playback of music, pictures and video from USB devices to your Samsung Blu-ray player. With USB host you no longer need to move contents to a PC and burn them into a CD or DVD before playback. Simply plug-in your digital camera, MP3 player or other USB devices and enjoy the content immediately.

HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) eliminates the need for multiple cables. It is a digital connectivity standard capable of transmitting the highest quality uncompressed HD digital video and audio content, all through a single cable.

The blu ray player is amazing, it is crystal clear and will play in 1080p. My only worry was when i first went to watch a blu ray it didnt play i tried about 5-6 discs. I then put in a dvd and that played and went back to trying a blu ray and they all worked....no problems since.

29.06.2015 20:34

Advantages

• light

Disadvantages

• "easy to break"

I love it!

This has to be my favorite iPad of all time. It comes in some many different and unique colors and the finger scanner has to be my all time favorite. I often feel caution about people looking at my pass code but now I don't even need to worry because the only thing that I do is put my finger down then my iPad is simply opened so easy!

The few things that I like about this iPad is one; very light and makes it so easy to simple use and lift. Also because it's so light it's easy to put into your bag and not have to worry about the heaviness of it. Another reason why I like this product so much is because it is very fast and responds so quickly. I have had the iPad 2 for the past 2 years and the iPad 2 is awfully slowly compared to this iPad as it's so responsive and quick to get to what you need to do. The last and final thing that I love about this iPad is the 3G/4G. Because I don't have to worry about downloading movies and songs on it and can go on the internet while I am traveling and such even if I am in the middle of no-where.

However the one bad thing about this iPad is that it breaks really easily as it is so light it is easy to just drop and along with this it made out of alot of glass. So having an this type of iPad it is important to make sure to have a case on this iPad.

29.06.2015 20:25

Advantages

• "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

• Heavy

I love this iPad but it's just a little old..

The Apple iPad 2 is one of the best technology products that I have had ever. I have had this iPad for just about 2 years and it still works perfectly good till this day. I wouldn't mind upgrading it let's say an iPad air 2 but it get's the job done and I'm not complaining.

A Pro about this iPad is that is does a lot of quick and easy things that I would have to log into to a computer to do. In addition to this it is very easy to get the hang of. Another thing that is great about the iPad is the battery lasts for a long time, once I didn't charge my iPad for up to 3 days which I think incredible.

However a con about this iPad is that because it is becoming one of the older iPad is quite slow and sometime even comes out of apps randomly. I have kind of got used to the slowness of it because I use it so regularly however when I use my Mum's iPad which is an iPad air 2 I realize I slowly this iPad really is. In addition the cons of the iPad is that the iPad is very heavy. I personally think it is just because of the model and newer the iPads get the lighter they also get however keeping a heavy iPad on your lap for a while can become awfully uncomfortable and this has defiantly got to be a con.

• Leighton Denny White Pencil / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      29.06.2015 20:24

Advantages

• "Expert looking polished nails"

Disadvantages

• "More expensive than my other pencil "

Great nails!

I was lucky enough to be given a voucher for the Bannatyne Spa in Darlington for a Leighton Denny Immaculate Manicure and I cam away with a load of Leighton Denny nail things including his white nail pencil which cost me £3.25. I have used the Boots own brand one but to be honest this one is far superior and I really think it also even easier to use.

The pencil looks almost the same as my cheaper Boots one but this one is a slightly harder pencil, I think and as such, it lasts longer and keeps its shape better even when you have used it on al ten nails.

I simply sharpen it with my beauty sharpener and it goes to a nice sharp fine pint, then I slightly wet it on my tongue and scrape it underneath ever nail. You use it under the nail and not on top of the nail and then I finish off by applying two thin coats of topcoat to seal it (under the nail too).

The pencil manages to give my nails a great polished look, which looks like it has been professionally done in a salon. I am so pleased I discovered this pencil and I know I would not go back to using my cheaper one now as this one is just so superior. It also has a little plastic top to use after you have finished - this is to protect the pencil and to prevent the point from being broken.

I am hooked!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown