• Dexter : Complete Season 1 (DVD) / TV Series / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.04.2015 01:26

Advantages

• "Brilliant use of music"
      • "Great acting"
      • "Fantastic gripping storyline"

Disadvantages

• "Can get slow paced at times"

A serial killer with a heart, and a great choice for a fantastic plot

Despite the hype that this show received from the web and my friends alike since it's release, I have only begun watching within the year. My only regret is not listening to people sooner, Dexter is a top class series which focuses on your friendly neighborhood psychopath and serial killer with a heart, Dexter Morgan. By day, he works as a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police, while by night he is dishing out justice by hunting down serial killers, all while balancing his sister, girlfriend and her family.

The writing for this show is fantastic, the plot is full of twists and turns which keep surprise and suspense at all times. It can get a little slow at times, while the characters are catching up on areas of the plot which the viewer is already aware of, but these moments are short and soon speed back up to the expected pace. Many times I watched multiple episodes when originally intending to watch just the one due to the episode cliffhangers leaving me no choice but to keep watching.

Michael C Hall's portrayal of the socially awkward and emotionless Dexter Morgan is fascinating, and truly believable, and really supports the feel of the series. He is also joined by multiple talents on the cast, no characters seem flat or meaningless. The score is also brilliant, from the memorable intro scene throughout, actively adding to the video in the way more and more shows nowadays seem to miss.

31.03.2015 23:35

Advantages

Disadvantages

• "expensive "

stopped using it and skin stayed the same

I have suffered from acne all my adult life and tried numerous things to get rid of it. This is one of those things that is ok, but not miraculous.
      I started using it in the hopes of getting my skin to look it's best for my wedding in a few months time. I was reluctant because I think spending £25 on something to wash and moisturise your face for a month is just silly. But my Mum persuaded me to talk to the lady at the counter, of course she gave me her best sales patter that this system was what was missing from my skin care routine all these years and I have a hard time saying no....so I went for it.
      I didn't find that it stopped me getting spots, it did however leave my skin feeling smooth, clean and moisturised. The first step is the foaming cleanser (this can also be used as a make up remover which is handy) This felt mild and gentle on the skin. Next is the clarifying lotion which you sweep over with a cotton pad, this can tingle a bit but I just take this to mean it's clearing out the pores which is a good thing!
      Then the moisturiser to finish. I can't fault the science behind the system in terms of the ingredients fighting the things that contribute to acne and I think it could be a good tool in helping to clear you up. But acne is complex and takes some trial and error to find out what works for you. If you can afford it I would say give it a go! But if it will be a stretch for your finances, I would say consider other less expensive skin care to see if that works first

• Einhell RT CS 165 / Power Saw / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      31.03.2015 22:57

Advantages

• "angles and straight cuts "
      • "cuts well"
      • "safe to use"
      • "Not as noisy as some"
      • Powerful

Disadvantages

• "none really"

Einhell goes in circles and does a fine job doing it.

This is a 1200watt machine with a cutting blade diameter of 165mm.with a start button on either side of the rear handle, making it fine for south paws too. It also has a front handle to get the pressure on the downward point in order to keep the saw under control.
      It has a cutting depth of 54mm as a straight cut and 40mm when it's at a 45° angle.
      It looks a bit of a monster really, and to be honest, it is, as it is a little bulkier than some circular saws I've used.
      The blade spins at a powerful 5200 rpms, which slow down as the blade hits the wood. The blade is covered with a retractable guard that pushes back into the machine as the saw goes into the wood. This means that it is unlikely to take one of your fingers by accident as the guard doesn't allow any part of the blade to become exposed as it does what it is supposed to do.
      To change the angle of the cut you simply loosen the catch at the front, then push the footplate to the angle you want, up to 45°, with the guide on the side showing the angles in number up the side. Once you have the angle you tighten the nut once more.
      It also had a width guide which slides into the top edge of the footplate and is moved by loosening the nut, getting the setting and tightening the nut once more.
      The handle is a good size and there's no way that you're going to loose grip of it as it seems to be moulded to anyone's hand.
      There is a dust extraction port that a vacuum connector can be attached to so that when you're cutting through the wood you don't get covered in saw dust as it gets sucked straight into the vacuum cleaner.
      This circular saw sells for a rather fine £50 - £60 which is good money for what you get and the power it offers.

• Wesc Bass DJ / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      31.03.2015 21:59

Advantages

• "Great for average music listeners"
      • "Mint design (when seen new)"

Disadvantages

• "Not the bass promised"

The bass is just shy!

Design
      Let’s start off this hefty review by talking about the design of these headphones, now as they came out in fall 2012, there isn't much difference of how you can judge the style of this design. In my opinion, when I first saw them I fell in love with the design, the sheer matt black compliments well with the hint of silver plated connectors, displaying a sort of ‘JL’ lettering type of logo on each side of the headphones, along with the companies logo ‘WESC We are superlative conspiracy’ on each side of each piece and on the top of the head rest. Distinguishing between left and right there are marks specific to which ear to be placed in, L and R of course, and below the left ear phone there is a plug that comes with a detachable cord. I would say they have tried to create a unisex urban look to these headphones, and that they wanted to change the look to differentiate from their other ranges. When it comes to fitting, as I have a small head it fits me the best on the tightest adjustment. Overall, I think that the design is really sleek, and I like it. Since I can only show a picture of what these look like, I cannot explain what you would see that was also included as I got these second-hand, I can however, direct you to a link with multiple unboxing videos for these products so you can see what it actually comes with, that’s if you are interested in buying this.

Pricing
      Now, I didn't buy this, this was given to me by a friend of my old friend who had given it to me when my headphones were stolen by a sibling. But the online prices range from £11-£29, and I have seen many reviews of this product claiming that when they went to buy it themselves, they were told that these were worth £80-£90. Me, personally, I don’t believe sales assistance telling us this info, as it is just used a marketing strategy to make you think it’s worth a lot in order to increase their sales, sorry, no can do, sales teams.

Bass
      As these headphones are mainly for the use of hearing crisp BASS, I quite find these to be a disappointment. However, considering that this was given to me for free, I cannot complain about the quality. I could only find that I hear a decent amount of bass when worn while pushing the earphones closer to my ears, which is a uncomfortable thing to do for a while, however, because this offers such a low amount of bass, I think it would be for people with a low taste in bass and more in treble.

Overall
      I can concur that these are a good set of budget headphone, I don’t agree with the false advertising about the price, it’s not right, but hey, companies have to make money one way or another, even if it means making thousands of people disappointed with their expenses. As long as people do a lot of research and look up a lot of the reviews about that product before buying, which is why I'm delivering this product review to Ciao. These headphones would be perfect for everyday music, for someone who isn't a techy person and just want stylish headphones that work decently, and those looking for something affordable or which aren't a big generic brand such as Beats. Pictures shown below of the headphones, and link for unboxing videos in case you want to see/find out more about this product, will be provided below for your viewing pleasure.

Honestly though… hipsters, stay away! *wink face*

Link for unboxing videos:

• Make Up Academy Lipstick / Make Up / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      31.03.2015 21:58

Advantages

• "Excellent price"
      • "Nice colour range"
      • "Good staying power"

Fab lipstick

Its only really at the weekends or on nights out that I wear lipstick so I tend to stick with one brand and colour however recently, when MUA ran their 3 for 2 offer, I decided to treat myself to a new lipstick.

The lipstick comes in 16 different shades, ranging from quite pale and neutral through to bright reds, I feel like the colour choice is quite good, especially considering the price. The shades are numbered rather than given names and I choose shade 9 which is brown with a violet hint. The lipstick cost £1 which I feel is an absolute bargain and is available from Superdrug, in store and online, but also from muastore.co.uk.

I find that the lipstick glides over my lips without my effort or needing to apply much pressure, the coverage is quite even and I find that I only need to apply once on each lip to get the desired effect. The pigmentation is really good and I do find that the product colour is just like the lipstick itself, the only downside is that it does transfer quite easily and I do have to reapply a little more frequently than I perhaps have other brands. I do find that if I apply on the top of some Vaseline, it does last a little longer but this doesn't put me off the product as the price far outweighs this issue.

Once applied, the lipstick feels quite light and doesn't have that sticky sensation which other brands can sometimes have. I also find that the lipstick is quite good at keeping my lips moisturised.
      The lipstick comes in a small black tube which has the product details written in silver writing down the side. To the base there is a little pot of lipstick which can be used to apply with the brush, I have never used this aspect as I don't really have time to apply this way but I image it could be quite handy to anyone that does.

If, like me you love MUA, I would recommend 'liking' them on Facebook as quite often the post offers on their, some of which can be quite tempting (the current offer is spend £25, get £25 free!)

Overall, although the staying power isn't fantastic, at the price, I would still give the lipstick 5 out of 5 stars and recommend.

Thanks for reading.

31.03.2015 21:24

Advantages

• " coverage is amaze!"
      • "Range of shades"

Disadvantages

• "I already use SPF! But etxra is fine"

Classy glassy bottle of perfection for your face

INTRO
      Hi there ciao users and internet people, today I will be reviewing the No7 Stay Perfect foundation in Warm Ivory, I have bought this foundation from one of my favourite boots stores in Wood Green, London, for the price of £14.50, that may seem a little expensive, but once you read this review, you’ll know it’s worth it.

PACKAGING/LOOKS
      The packaging consists of a classy clear glass-like pump bottle that contains 30ml of foundation which to me seems like a good amount compared to other foundations. Equipped with curvy black lid to protect the product from any surroundings getting into the moth of the pump like dust. In my opinion, I believe no7 have chosen a great choice of packaging due to the low risk of contamination that you wouldn’t easily find with double dipping into open foundations. Another thing I like about this is that you can properly choose how much product you want dispensed so you don’t have too much or less product.

WHAT DOES IT DO/WHOS IT FOR
      This foundation is suitable for all skin types, it claims ‘it won't cake or flake on dry skin, nor slide or shine on oily skin.’ As I have oily skin I can honestly say that it doesn't slide on my skin however, it is a little bit shiny/dewy due to the added SPF 15. But SPF is very important for the skin as it protect you from the harmful sun rays, thus, keeping your skin healthy and reducing the amount of wrinkles and sun spots gathered throughout the years. However, I cannot comment on how this foundation will affect dry skin because I do not suffer from that skin type. I do believe that it would be moisturising, but that is only a guess.
      It also has 17 addition shades, however I think you have to go to selected stores to find them all. This foundation is a medium coverage but is also buildable for full coverage. (the trick in doing this right to use less and not slap it on as this will cause a cakey and bump complexion, that means if your brushes/fingers are CLEAN, and your face is free from dead skin, impurities and oil, this will look 10x better than having extra residue on your face.)

Here are the product claims and my outcome next to them from experience:

Hypo-allergenic - I do not have any allergic reactions, so this wasn't a worry for me.

Lasts up to 24 hours – Believe it or not, I actually tried this out for 24 hours, it really stays on.

Feels lightweight and breathable on the skin – I feel they just put this in because makeup users are use to have foundation on their skin all the time that they don’t feel it, but yes it does feel ok on my skin.

Smooth’s out complexion to look fresh – definitely, it has made my face matte and reduced my imperfections such pimples, discolouration, visible pores, texture (smoother) and redness (however, I need to build more foundation as I have broken vessels and damage skin from not wearing sunscreen and chilling the sun too much whilst growing up (referring back to the importance of SPF)

Weather-proof and transfer-proof – The climate doesn't affect the product on the skin that much, you will have less foundation from the result but it will not make a huge difference, a quick touch up will do the trick.

IN USE
      This is my second bottle, because I am so pleased with the results it gives me. You can choose to apply this liquid foundation in many ways such as using:
      A foundation brush
      A sponge/beauty blender
      A Stapling brush
      A Kabuki brush
      Your fingers

I have not tried the application of using a stippling brush or kabuki brush as I do not have those tools anymore, but I would recommend trying out these different tools to apply with as everyone’s skin is different and it could suit your style better. Personally, I like to apply this foundation using my fingers as it much quicker, I don’t need to wash my brush again, I can control the amount I am using, and it doesn’t streak.
      First I will pump 1 and half of the product at the back of my hand, and dot it all on my face starting from the centre and blending outwards, as I am blending, I will not forget areas that people most often forget like the neckline, the hairline, beside the ears and the eye sockets. If I am just going out for a while I will leave my foundation routine just like that and do the rest of my makeup, but if I’m going to have a long day I will apply powder to set in the makeup to keep it lasting long and stay matte (because of my oily skin).

CONCLUSION
      This foundation is my favourite at the moment, it has never let me down, especially the price, because something for this much needs to work as you are spending your hard-working cash on something, it needs to have value otherwise you have wasted your money, so I definitely would recommend this product. If you want a discount you can find these little promotion coupons in Boots that give you £3 off on makeup, and you get this foundation for £11! That’s how I got my first No7 foundation in this range.

HonestlyDoh…no7 is perfection!

• Long Tall Sally / Highstreet Shopping / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      31.03.2015 21:19

Advantages

Disadvantages

Quality clothing for tall ladies but quite pricey.

Long Tall Sally is a clothing brand which is specifically designed for women who are 5"8 and over. It is the only store I have encountered of it's kind which is so specialised and aimed at taller women so it has really found a gap in the market. I am 5"10 and a size 12 and have always struggled to find trousers which fit me as my legs are a 34 inch.

There are eleven stores in the UK and an online store available too. The store provide products including but not limited to clothing, shoes, nightwear and sports wear. I have bought jeans and a maxi dress from there and was so pleasantly surprised. It is so rare for me to buy a maxi dress which actually covers my ankles. The quality of the products is also really great. The clothing feels like it has been well made and the products I have bought lasted me a long time.

My reasoning behind deducting the first point was the pricing of the products which is a little expensive for me. It is understandable as they are aiming at a niche market so I would expect to pay a little more for their goods but I do find it frustrating that their jeans typically retail at around £60 which is double what my friends spend in high street stores.

The second star was deducted because of the style of products. As a young woman I find some of their products are lovely but many of the clothes advertised are aimed at slightly older women in my opinion. I therefore find that their range for my age is quite small to choose from.

Overall, 3 out of 5 stars - great quality products addressing a population in need! However, it would get more stars if they added a few more lines and reduced the prices a little.

31.03.2015 21:16

Advantages

• "My face looked so clear and new"

Disadvantages

• "Price could be a bit much"

You will look like a celebrity with this mask

Intro

I have chosen this golden opportunity to take some of my time to review this very favourite product of mine that I would like to share to the face mask lovers around the globe, so hello, olla, bonjour, ni hao to everyone reading.
      What?

I present to you the 50ml REN Skincare Invisible Pores Detox Mask, it is a white and green bottle full of wonders, the lid is attached to the head of the bottle and the product comes out via pump. The purpose of the green clay inside is to cleanse out the pores in a sort of ‘detoxing’ way as so the product advertises. It’s aimed towards for combination skin, (which I have), helping reduce pore size and removing blackheads. Also it’s suitable for vegetarians and vegans, and on the plus side it is paraben and sulphite free with no synthetic fragrances, whoa!
      Where and Price?

I had asked my father to purchase this with my money as he gets a discount for being in partnership with John Lewis (where he got it from) however, the original price is £18.00. You can also get this face mask from other retailers such as Amazon and M&S.
      How?

Make you sure face has no remains of make-up, and that it is dry. Firstly, pump out a generous amount of the light green clay into your hands and apply it onto your face in circular motions (do not rub in all the way) until you detect no skin left, the product should start to harden and become a darker green colour after the 10-15 minutes that you leave it on for.
      You may see that your pores may start to show whilst hardening, this is normal and it means that the product is producing a deep cleanse getting out of the bacterial, sebum and gunk that has been left over from your face.
      Once the 10-15 minutes is up, you may proceed to wash off the mask by splashing warm water on your face then patting it dry with a clean towel, instantly I saw my face in a whole new way.
      Trying it out on friends?

I was so in love with this product that I had to persuade both my female and male friends just to try it as some of them have never had a facial before especially with a mask, and the look on their faces when they saw how clean it was made them feel so happy and confident, it’s also quite fun to pamper each other haha.
      Come on, stop being so biased, where are the negatives?

I don’t have many negatives other than the price for something as small as 50ml isn’t enough especially knowing that you need to use a lot each time to get the best results, also after a while, the green clay comes out in a different texture after a couple of months, although it turns back to normal when you rub it in, I believe that was just me not popping the lid back in tight enough.
      Honestly Though… Send me more REN!

PS If you would like more details on this product and why I love it so much, check out the website, they also offer different products for different skin types:

31.03.2015 21:02

Advantages

• "Cute packaging"
      • "Very nice scent"

Disadvantages

• "The volume of the product"

As an oily skin/combination sufferer, its okay

One of my favourite brands, Maybelline, wowed me with excitement for a new BB cream to be coming out into drugstores, this made me happy because 1, I get to earn some extra points on my trusty Advantage card/Superdrug card, and 2, something new to try without causing too many blemishes like foundations.

My first application was a bit a of a disappointment as I was expecting more coverage from the Maybelline section, of course, a BB cream is like a tinted moisturiser, but there would obviously be some kind of coverage, it's in the name 'beauty/blemish balm'.
      On the other hand, it does have a delightful light smell and a good texture however, there isn't much in the tube, especially for a price of £7.99 a bottle, I wouldn't say it's pricey but I want to feel like I'm buying something that's worth that much, after all I was a student at that time.

Overall, I enjoyed using it although it wasn't much of a cover up and there are only 2 shades. I would recommend this is people with dry/very dry skin. As for my oily/combination folk, stay away!

31.03.2015 21:02

Advantages

Disadvantages

Effective, fast absorbing and soothing consistency.

In my job I often come home with very dry and sometimes cracked hands as my hands are often in contact with water and chemicals. I therefore rely quite heavily on hand creams to alleviate the pain and unsightliness of my dry hands. This product is one of the better products that I have tried. I was slightly put off at first by the words 'intensive care' as I have tried an intensive care product from another brand and found it to have an unpleasant consistency on my skin. I was really pleased with this product however.

The lotion is white and of a medium richness in consistency which feels pleasant and soothing on the hands. It is advertised to be non-greasy and I found this to be the case with the product absorbing in to the skin quickly. This is always a big pro in hand moisturisers for me as I can use them on the go rather than waiting around for my hands to dry before continuing with my day, which is necessary with some other products that I have tried.

As well as feeling nice, the product is very effective. The lotion contains keratin so it helps to keep your nails strong as well as hydrating your skin. After using, my skin always feels instantly nourished and the effect is long lasting. The bottle advertises that you will have 10x stronger nails in two weeks. I have not personally noticed much of a difference in my nail strength but as this was not a main desire of mine from this product I don't really mind. It is also worth noting that my nails are quite strong naturally and my Mother has commented that she has definitely seen an increase in nail strength since using this product and her nails have always been quite thin and easily broken.

I would definitely recommend this product - lovely consistency, fast absorption and very effective.

31.03.2015 20:43

Advantages

• "Gain muscle quicker"
      • "Tastes better than most"

Disadvantages

• "Whey is just excess milk"
      • "Might not work for everyone"

Shake it like a polaroid picture..actually it's easier than that!

== What & Why ==
      This, ladies and gentleman is the Maxinutrition Promax Chocolate 780g, and I am going to tell you my experience with it, the time before I turned vegan!

I bought this along with the same reason in my shaker cup review: I wanted to change the challenge of incorporating protein rich food in my diet after workouts, so I chose this protein shake, also my sport-fanatic and gym rat friends all have this brand and they look really good (although they are guys and I don't know any women that have tried this) but oh well, it should help out my muscles the same way it should do with them!

== Where & Price ==
      I got this specific one from Tesco (I should really get a clubcard since I go here every week), for the price of £32.99 the other retailers that sold this same one where a lot more expensive so I got this for the cheapest at the time. However, now it sells less than £20 including in Argos!

== THE ACTUAL PROTEIN ==

=== Look ===
      The look of this protein was a very fine textured powdered whey, which blends quite beautifully in my shaker cup, only 30g scoop is all you need for 22g of BioMax (protein)

=== Taste ===
      I have tried the strawberry version of this and wow it tastes exactly like a milkshake! In a good way! So I thought the chocolate version should be even tastier, which is was, it was also easy to drink as I put water with mine. Trying it with milk tastes good too, but it is already milk (whey) so what is the point of adding more? I also learnt that if the body has more than 20g of protein in one sitting the excess will be removed as waste (I am not too sure about this though, but I'd like to keep it to 20g at a time for my teen body..and to save money haha!)

=== Result ===
      I have noticed that my muscles appear to be a tad bigger, (as I am a mesomorph),
      but I have noticed some improvements, and because I am a female with a female biology, our muscles tend to take longer to develop than guys do, so I would recommend this is to the men. What really works best for me is protein bars, I would recommend that to the ladies if you want quicker results.

This product is mainly for recovery and rebuilding, so this should be taken as a post-workout (after the workout) drink. I've also started having this right after I finish instead of waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour, however, others may find their best way through trial and error.

If you would like to see more information about this product, here is the product on the official website:

===Overall===
      Honestly Though...sweat till you can't do anymore sets!

(Same review on Ciao under the username 'HonestlyThough')

31.03.2015 20:24

Advantages

• "Lovely smell"
      • ""
      • "long lasting"

Disadvantages

• "A little expensive "

my favourite fragance

My birthday falls in November and as a bit of a tradition I always go Christmas shopping with my mum and sister, each year, we spend ages in Debenhams testing out new perfumes and agreeing which one we want Santa to bring us, this is what I picked this year.

This fragrance is a little more expensive than what I would normally like to pay for a perfume, just looking at Boots, a 50ml bottle is priced at £57.50. There are three other sized bottles available, 30ml (£45 rrp), 70ml (£70 RRP) and 100ml (£79 RRP). What I like about the fragrance is that there are quite a few gift sets available which include extras such as body lotion, mascara or miniature bottles too, they often work out better value for money too. For example, looking at Boots now, there is a set available priced at £62 which includes a 50ml bottle along with some shower gel and body lotion.

The fragrance is also available as an EDT which is a little cheaper.

In my opinion, the bottle looks really pretty, it is made from clear thick glass which has a slightly pink look, it is square in shape and curves out in the middle. Around the neck of the bottle is a little silver coloured ribbon and it is topped with a silver spray and clear glass lid.

I am always interested to read what the fragrance notes are, although most of the time, I don’t know what half the ingredients are however I was amazed that I actually knew what most of the notes are in this one. It is made up as follows:

Top notes - Blackcurrant and pear
      Middle notes - Iris, jasmine and orange blossom
      Base notes - Patchouli, Tonka bean, vanilla and praline.

For me on the first spray, the vanilla is the most dominant note; this is mixed with the sweet notes from the blackcurrant, after a while, the fruitiness calms down leaving a nice creamy nutty aroma which is surrounded by vanilla and with a hint of flowers. I must admit, this fragrance smells divine and not like anything else I have smelt in the past.

This is a very strong fragrance and you don’t need much to know I am wearing it which I really like as I know it will last longer. I recently wore this to my works party and the following day I picked my clothes up that I had worn the previous evening and the fragrance was still present.

The fact that this is so strong and long lasting means I am happy to pay the slightly more expensive price. I would definitely recommend this fragrance, it’s certainly one of my favourites and it gets 5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks for reading.

• Stud Detail Jumper / Clothing / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      31.03.2015 19:07

Advantages

Disadvantages

A stunning top from WALLIS.

This is a review based on the STUD JUMPER we brought from WALLIS.

To be honest I can't remember the last time I ever shopped in WALLIS or a friend or family member, but with winning some vouchers recently, we were pleasantly surprised at how up-to-date and classy their clothing ranges were especially online.
      Although as mentioned in another review on WALLIS the choice is small compared to other sites and competitors.

The stud jumper we purchased had a gorgeous black t-shirt underneath acting as a camisole and a chiffon overlay of material with studs. Usually I never go for this look as its a fine balance between being looking cheap or over the top!

The studs are only across and down the shoulders and arms but very dominant in a classy way. Although it is not brash the studs to get people's attention.
      The cut and feel of the material is very good quality which again we were not expecting.
      This is an ideal top in summer and can be dressed up or dressed down.
      I can easily transform this look with jeans but make it look more glamorous with wet legging or a wet look jeans and boots.
      From what we saw this was only available in BLACK and on the website the choice in sizes are very good.
      They now go from a PETITE to a PLUS SIZE range. We purchased this in a sale but it seems to retail at £40.

31.03.2015 18:54

Advantages

Disadvantages

Can make hair limp and oily:(

Received this as a free gift with a purchase and was more than happy to try. Since growing my hair out using hair oils and serums are much more effective, I find, on longer hair so this is a real treat especially as I colour my hair most of the time and conscious about making it look and feel healthy.

For thicker hair, the perspective I am reviewing from, putting hair oil or serum on is a risk as it can make roots limp, hair appear more oily and product more tears than one ought to cry for hair.

This serum oil I believe has now changed, at the time I used this it was just a serum but now it seems to have added ARGAN OIL.
      This should provide intense moisture and shine so using this over the summer was ideal for me having been out and about in London where it can show the most the weakness and damage in your hair over the day.

Working only a small amount almost a ten pence piece size, roughly, I worked this first into damp hair but it appeared to make my hair oily and then in dryer hair but that too really did nake my hair limp and oily.
      I warmed the product up between my hands as recommended but this really didn't work well and as for styling my hair with straighteners, that made it worse! Arghh.

Sadly this is a product I couldn't recommend to provide sleek or smooth hair :(

31.03.2015 18:36

Advantages

Disadvantages

Really good, even for those with thick hair :)

This is another shampoo on the market to banish those pesky frizzes and flyaway hair that threatens your perfect look.
      This is apparently clinically proven to straighten hair especially helping chase curls away should you wish to straighten them for a while.

I do like PANTENE although as noted in my other reviews for thick hair this is not so good to use.
      However, this has proven to be the best and what's even better is that it should help more your hair appear sleeker.

I used their 2 in 1 original product, but this was far better and much more effective to style with heating products afterwards with, as it doesn't make your hair fuller as their other products have done.

I tend to work this into my scalp to cleanse and remove product build-up which it is highly effective in doing but I don't leave it in as long as other brands and wash it through with warmer water as this suits my thicker hair better.

The scent is nice but can't really compete with the main leading brands but can more than makeup with the super shine this leaves your hair with. From PANTENE, I wasn't expecting it to be so good and found this gave me a more positive outlook on a brand I was starting to turn away from.

The prices vary online, but BOOTS and SUPERDRUG do competitive prices and great deals. I tend to purchase this from one of them.

I would highly recommend that if you haven't yet try PANTENE.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown