• The Little Mermaid [1990] (DVD) / DVD / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      01.08.2015 18:20

Advantages

Disadvantages

Disney family classic

I have very happy childhood memories of receiving this film for Christmas as a child and watching it regularly wishing desperately that I could become a mermaid too!

The film tells the story of Ariel, a headstrong, free spirited teenage mermaid, daughter of King Triton. Ariel is fascinated by the human world above her and regularly goes to the surface to collect human items such as combs and glasses much to her fathers disapproval.

One day Ariel rescues handsome young Prince Eric from a shipwreck and instantly falls for him, desperate to become human so she can be with her Prince, Ariel makes a deal with evil sea witch Ariel but little does she know Ursella isn't all watch she seems to be and has her sights on King Titans crown!

With the help from her sidekicks Flounder the fish and Sebastian the crab she sets about trying to make Prince Eric fall in love with her. The catch is she gives her voice to the sea witch and when the only thing Eric remembers from the girl on the beach as her beautiful voice she has to try and make him fall in love with her and kiss her or she will belong to the sea witch!

Based on the Hans Christian Anderson story, this is a magical film, especially for little girls but that will appeAl to everyone and that all the family can enjoy. It features some catchy songs like Under The Sea and Kiss The Girl and is a great watch! great for a rainy Sunday afternoon!

01.08.2015 18:20

Advantages

• "Unique projects"

Disadvantages

• "not enough instructions"

Good buy

This is a beautiful book with tons of unique projects. You would probably need some sewing and crafting skills to be able to follow the very little instructions given but anyway it´s a must have for avid crafters/sewers. patterns and templates are included. It contains several projects from bags, dolls ( which are truly amazing ), decorations etc. The pictures inside are beautiful and the book is made in pretty paper. Books from this author are not particularly cheap but I think they are worth every cent spent. As soon as you get it, you will want to make everything!!

• LG BP630 / Blu-Ray Player / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.08.2015 17:12

Advantages

• "Works well when it's working properly"
      • "Good looking Blu Ray player"

Disadvantages

• "Lagging on 3D discs"
      • "Non responsive remote"
      • "Sticky screen at times"

A disappointment from LG

I've been left disappointed by this Blu Ray player from LG, purchased it to go with my new TV as I wanted to be able to watch 3D movies on it straight away. I spent £130 on the Blu Ray player with the current cost being £110 in most places.

The Blu Ray player is simple to use but the remote control doesn't work well and sees me pressing buttons for upwards of a minute sometimes before the player does as the remote is telling it to.

I have played Blu Ray discs, DVDs and 3D discs in the LG player with smooth and seamless playback. 3D effects are exceptionally good but lagging occurs occasionally at the beginning of 3D discs, this does not happen when playing back any other type of disc.

The picture quality of everything is excellent and I have noticed a small amount of upscaling when playing DVDs in the Blu Ray player, this is a nice advantage and one I wasn't expecting.

Menu screens and settings are easily navigable so changing or altering any setting is childs play as long as you can get the remote control to do as you ask. Text is of a good size on my TV screen so I'm not left squinting as I try to read from lists or options.

The Blu Ray player is good looking with a shiny black finish and smooth lines, it looks good next to my LG TV but the poor response time of the remote and also the way the screen sticks sometimes means it won't be there long as I'm considering replacing it very soon.

• Sam's Town - The Killers / Music Album / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      01.08.2015 16:40

Advantages

Disadvantages

An excellent album from The Killers

Sam's Town was the second album from the Killers (who, let's face it, turned up on the music scene pretty much fully developed with the previous album, Hot Fuss.)

This album is infused with the sounds of the American West - I honestly don't know what it is, but you can practically feel the desert burning through the notes. Part of this has to be down to the mixture of country and rock found in the beautifully unique voice of lead man Brandon Flowers, which is as much of an underpinning structure here as it is in any of their other albums.

Songs which stand out to me have to include 'When you were young,' and 'Uncle Johnny,' - along with the single 'Bones' (if you haven't seen the video for this then I suggest you find it on YouTube; it involves skeletons and was directed by the excellent Tim Burton. But honestly, pretty much any song on the album could be counted as a stand-out. All are infectious, memorable, and bursting with feeling. They are also immensely ripe for a sing-along (for which I sincerely doubt my neighbours are all that thrilled.)

As is usual with The Killers, if you are amongst that sub-section of society which actually listens to the lyrics, you will notice the detritus of religious and spiritual symbolism. This is primarily Brandon Flowers driven - but never pushy. There is no attempt to convert you to anything here, it's simply what the man put into the song because he felt the need to express it; much of Brandon Flowers' music (particularly his solo album, Flamingo, for example) is a process of him searching and exploring the ideas of religion and spirituality. What emerges from this is undeniably beautiful, regardless of your religion, and can hardly be called zealotry when it includes such lines as 'Now Adam's taking bombs and he's stuck on his mom, because that b***h keeps tryin'a' make him pray,' (from the track 'This River is Wild.')

01.08.2015 14:57

Advantages

• "Great for travellers"
      • "Easy to use"

Disadvantages

Never fly without these

I've been using these eye make-up remover pads for quite some time, particularly when I'm travelling away from home.
      They remove all eye make-up, even tough to remove mascara, and leave your eyes fresh and clean. I find I generally don't need to use more than one or two of these pads to remove my eye make-up.
      To make the best use of them, I fold the pad in half and press it gently to my closed eye for a couple of seconds, and then wipe. The mascara comes straight off, and then the rest is easy. Just wipe around the whole eye, turning the pad around so that there is a clean section to wipe with. You can then follow up with facial wipes or cleansing products, and since you know that your eyes are already clean, you can avoid that area and any chance of inadvertently flooding your eye with facial cleanser.
      For me, though, the biggest advantage of these pads is when I'm travelling, particularly when I'm flying. They are brilliant if you’re travelling light, especially if you're flying with only hand baggage, because they don’t qualify as liquid, cream, or gel, and so will not cause any problems through security. Just one less item that you need to put in the clear bag. The pack is also so small and compact it can easily fit into most make-up bags. Another bonus is that a full pack weighs very little and so won’t put a strain on your weight allowance.
      These pads are non-greasy, so they're great if you have a make-up disaster and need to start again. You just wipe away the disaster and are left with a clean surface, so that you can reapply your make-up straight away.
      I always have some of these in my make-up bag.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      01.08.2015 14:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

A+++ would use again

Amazing, well built, fast, use use again!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      01.08.2015 14:23

Advantages

• "Super Fast"

Disadvantages

A+++ would use again

Very quick, very convenient service. Had no problems at all, would use again in a heart beat and recommend to anyone.

01.08.2015 13:28

Advantages

• amazing

Disadvantages

• "ps plus"

amazing

i love it i play everyday and it truly is next gen
      it will let you socialize with anyone on ps . this is truly amazing and it is smooth and the price is quite reasonable and this should defo be in everyhouseholfd , the only disadvantage is you have to pay for online subscription .you must have a wireless internet connection to set it up

01.08.2015 13:24

Advantages

• "nice interface"
      • easy

Disadvantages

• slow!!!!!

good overall

this is an amazing product that is a good DVD player
      i have been using this for two years and it has proved to be a good product
      it is quite slow and takes a while to start and it is has good protection and is quite hard to break and install.
      furthermore his product has a very good player and it plays almost all disks and will resume playback even if has been switched of

• Heindl Fruit Pastry Apricot / Sweets / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      01.08.2015 12:34

Advantages

• "0.2kg pr piece "
      • sweet
      • soft
      • "chocolaty "

Disadvantages

yummmm!! come on foodie peeps

From my point of view, i would suggest the cake, muffin, chocolate lovers to go for this product as it gives a relief a satisfaction to a customer who is really fond of these type o things. i remember the day i ordered this a single packet and all of my friends came and literally scratched it from my hand they liked it so much that i had to order 5 packets more. everyone knows chocolate are actually an addiction to most of the people and in this packet it provides not only the chocolaty taste but even the softness of the cake which gives a very fresh feeling of satisfaction.i love eating these type of things as i am a very foodie person. this is very healthy as it provides fruits apricot yumm delicious i must say. in a single packet they provide 8 muffins and the best part of this is that it is really heavy and tummy filling. ahh i loved it. i am writing this reviews and i feeling like i really want to have this right now. so people i am ordering this product what you guys waiting for? order it and enjoy its taste ...

• Toshiba Laptop Sleeve / Laptop Case / 5 Readings / 4 Ratings
      01.08.2015 11:30

Advantages

• "Pretty colour"
      • "Protects my laptop"

Disadvantages

Protect your laptop on the move

I was lucky enough to be given a small Toshiba laptop by my brother who had been bought a new one for his birthday. He knew that I wanted a small laptop to take to work and this one was perfect as it is big enough for me to see but small enough to fit into my workbag. As it had only been used in the house there wasn't a case with it, but I obviously needed one as I would be taking it out and about.

I bought this Toshiba laptop sleeve from Ebay and won it for £2.05 with free delivery. I have had a look online and the prices range from £2.40 to £5.59 so I was happy with this price. It is a lovely pretty pink colour so would probably appeal more to women. It is made of neoprene and it has black zip which starts at the middle of the longer side and goes round to the opposite side of the sleeve. The zip is sturdy and although the item has been used it is still very strong. There is the Toshiba logo on the front but apart from that it is plain.

The laptop sits quite snugly inside the sleeve which is made for a 13 inch laptop and inside the sleeve there are pockets on both sides which you could use to keep a small notebook or maybe some discs or memory sticks but they aren't really big enough to keep anything else such as a power lead so you would have to provide other storage for this. But as I always make sure that I charge it up fully before leaving the house I have not needed to take the power lead out with me.

I think this is a very handy item, it keeps my laptop clean and prevents it from being scratched by keys or other items in my bag. It looks good and for the price I paid I am more than happy with it.

01.08.2015 09:36

Advantages

• "Controls and volumises hair"

Luxurious volume thickening hairspray

I bought a small can of this John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening hairspray after trying my friends and realising that it was just what I needed as my hair isn't as thick as it used to be and doesn't seem to hold in place as much. I will always choose a firm hold hairspray as I find that anything less just won’t hold my hair as it is quite thick and strong and although I hadn’t had this particular one before I have used various other John Frieda products and always found them to be very good.

To use I will style my hair and then spray the can about eight to ten inches away and then spray it in short bursts until I am happy that the areas I need to fix are covered. As I wear glasses if I leave them on when I apply the spray I will shield the lenses with my hands as with all sprays it can leave a residue on your glasses when it dries. It has quite a subtle smell which I like as I find that some of the cheaper hairsprays really have a strong smell which seems to last for ages.

I find that this spray dries quickly after you have sprayed it but you do get a few seconds to maybe scrunch your hair which is what I use it for, or to quickly restyle a section with your fingers. A good thing about this spray is that it doesn’t feel sticky or tacky when it dries and it looks completely natural which I like. I find that it also brushes out easily at the end of the day and I can do this for a few days before it needs washing unlike some other sprays which you just can’t get your brush through. John Frieda claim that this hairspray lasts up to 72 hours but I have always washed or restyled it in this time so I can't confirm that it actually does. This spray also just seems to just evaporate when I do brush it out and I don’t get any flakes or bits flying around.

I really like this ultimate fixation hairspray and would definitely buy it again. It definitely gives my hair a lot more volume and makes it appear thicker even if I only use a small amount, so I do recommed it if you need a bit of oomph for your hair.

01.08.2015 02:33

Advantages

• "Offers germ protection and cushioning"
      • "Comfortable against a stabbed cut"
      • "Soaks up blood quite well"

Disadvantages

• "None at all"

Protection from dirt and bumps

I don't know why the gauze I used on my cut hand last night is Fortuna, I'd never heard of the brand before and am sure I didn't buy it - we have an eclectic and quite badly stocked First Aid bag at the moment so with blood running off the ends of my fingers I grabbed the first thing I could to wrap around it and try to stop myself bleeding out from possibly the world's smallest looking cut (it's actually very deep, hence the blood).

This is a 1 metre roll of basic light weave gauze, it's not designed to stop a cut from bleeding but protects something nastier than your average scratch from added damage or causing even more pain - the way I used it was to snip a thickish piece off the roll and wad it against the cut before wrapping a bandage around it all. The cut was made with the pointy end of a steak knife slipping and literally stabbing myself with some force, it looks like a small cut but is in a really awkward position and had edges that needed to join again. I wrapped the bandage quite tightly around my hand, ensuring the gauze was pressing against the cut for the support and added comfort of the bandage being so well padded.

When I took the bandage off this morning to replace it with a less bulky plaster I was pleased to find no lint or fluff sticking to my cut, it had soaked up a fair amount of blood but hadn't turned sticky or slimy - it didn't stick to the cut despite there being some dried blood around the area and I'd have been happy to have reapplied the gauze if I'd needed to.

I have no idea how much this cost (or indeed where it came from) but Google is throwing up a £1.99 price tag for the 1 metre roll - super value in my opinion as it works well and to be honest if you needed to use 1 metre in one go I'd imagine a couple of quid would be the least of your worries!

01.08.2015 02:07

Advantages

• "Nicely designed for kids"
      • "Excellent stickiness"

Disadvantages

• "None really"

Tattoo You!

I cut myself pretty badly last night, trying to get into a crazily slippy cheese packet with a steak knife - I won't keep you in suspense, it ended in the bloody mess expected as the knife slid off the packet and straight into the base of my pointing finger. It was bad enough for a bandage overnight as it just wouldn't stop bleeding, but this morning I woke up and knew that was overkill so set about hunting for a plaster.

No luck (obviously...) so I called my daughter to tell her to pick up a packet of plasters on the way home - expecting her to bring back some nice flesh coloured or clear ones, not these kiddified tattoo style plasters.

The few I've used have been very good actually, the cut isn't a big one but it's deep (imagine the pointy end of a steak knife going directly into flesh) - it needs dressing to keep it clean but is in the most god-awkward place and is surrounded by a big bruise as I've obviously cut into *something* inside. Nasty.

The plasters stick well and it's only the constant flexing and moving of my hand that's causing the stickiness to fail. The tattoo designs are cute but I could live without them, I'm not bothered about using a kids plaster in the slightest but have to say these aren't what most adults would choose to dress a cut in such an obvious place.

The part that is stuck fast to the skin takes a little tugging to remove, I can imagine my eight year old wouldn't be happy about that as she hates the feeling of pulling plasters off but it didn't pull enough to hurt.

My daughter can't remember how much she paid but I'm guessing a couple of quid based on what I know of the prices in that particular chemist, they're worth using as the stick is good and the plastic surface of the plaster keeps the antiseptic cream in and the dirt out - which is just what my hand needs at the moment!

01.08.2015 01:59

Advantages

• "Fast freeze tech!"
      • "A+ Energy efficiency!"
      • "Looks eye catching"
      • "High quality build"
      • " nice and big"
      • "Great size"

Disadvantages

• "Top shelves might need you to go onto your toes!"
      • "Can be noisy at times"

A great energy efficient fridge for a medium size family with no outstanding cons! :)

Welcome to my review for the hotpoint FFUL1913 that I've had for over a year.

This is a bit of a tall appliance at nearly 2 metres tall, so definitely it will stand out in your kitchen.

Also great news is that it has ample of space for storing things at around 324 litres for the fridge (at the top) and 162 litres for the freezer (at the bottom), so a medium sized family can easily store it’s weekly food shopping.

LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THE FRIDGE SECTION:
      The door opens with little effort but it doesn’t open as wide (about 100 degree). The doors themselves can be fixed on either the Right hand side or Left hand side depending on your preference.

Looking inside the fridge, you have your usual options – that’s shelves made of toughened glass which are removable making them easily to clean. There is also a bottle holder which clamps onto a shelf.
      There is also a 1X salad draw and a 1 X meat/fish storage section which opens easy and has plenty of space.

The door itself has 3 x shelves, but the higher ones might require you to tip toe so as to reach it. The freezer compartment comes with Hotpoint’s Air tech that makes sure that the fridge is always cool no matter where inside the compartment you place food.
      The fridge has nice LED warm lighting that makes visibility easy.
      With the door open, there are some manual controls for the both the fridge and freezer that are easy to operate = nothing complicated and no LCD screens thankfully! So nothing should go wrong here, and you shouldn’t need to tinker with anything here.

HOW ABOUT THE FREEZER?
      Similar to the fridge, the freezer door opens really easy and it has 3 big storage bins that are easily removable. There is also a fast freeze option which is ideal for fast freezing food and locking in freshness, or preventing those ice cream cones from melting after a trip from the supermarket.
      However, there is no LED lighting for the freezer section.

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
      I’ve had he fridge working like a charm for over a year. So far no problems and its rated as A+ in terms of energy efficiency. I shopped around at got a huge saving on this fridge.
      The only downside is that this fridge can be noisy at times, but from what I understand this is normal.

A great, if sometimes noisy fridge with ample of space for a medium family.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown