• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 16:34

Advantages

• "Delivery When Said"
      • "Great Product "
      • "Easy To Use Website"
      • "Fast service"

Disadvantages

Great PC and a happy customer

The whole experience from start to finish was simple, the website was great and allowed me to configure my PC t the exact spec i required.

• Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream / Weleda / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 16:11

Advantages

Disadvantages

Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream

The Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream is available for GBP 13.95.

The cream is described as follows. "Weleda Almond Soothing Facial Cream (formerly Almond Intensive Facial Cream) is a mild, unperfumed, hydrating cream made from the finest organic almond oil and plum kernel oil which make the skin soft and supple and improve its natural protection."

The ingredients are Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

The skin cream has a very well perceptible aroma. It is indeed this is a fragrance-free cream. The almond note is clearly visible. Even after applying the perfume is still perceptible, but is not too intrusive. The consistency of the cream is quite creamy. They thereby making a very generous impression. After cleansing morning and evening I creamed my face with the face cream. Augrund consistency have a relatively small amount used. Despite the consistency can be the cream spreads easily. She melds nicely with the skin and leaves a smooth feel. Dry places or exciting skin disappear and the skin feels well moisturized to. However, I personally she is a little too rich. The feeling on the skin is slightly greasy. There she is meant for dry skin, I find this also in order. I have tolerated the cream very good. The Weleda Almond Facial Cream is certainly a solid product for dry skin. These are natural cosmetics and the cream is unscented. You made a very generous impression and nourishes the skin beautiful.

• Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 15:22

Advantages

Disadvantages

No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick

The No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick is available for GBP 9.95.

The lipstick is described as follows. " Nourish your lips with No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick, this moisturising formulation keeps your lips smooth and soft. Hypo-allergenic. Fragrance free. SPF 15."

The ingredients are Phenyl trimethicone, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, Mica, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated microcrystalline wax, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Squalane, Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, C18-36 acid glycol ester, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Polybutene, VP/hexadecene copolymer, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosa moschata seed oil, Glycerin, Stearalkonium hectorite, Panthenol, Propylene carbonate, Sodium hyaluronate, Ceramide 3, BHT, Aqua, Ascorbyl palmitate, [+/- (Many contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 51850 (Red 7), CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake).

I have the color Romantic Berry, which is a darker pink. There are countless colors of this line, there should be something for everyone. The lipstick promises care and moisture. This I can confirm. The lipstick has a very soft and glossige texture which melts right on the lips. The color really feels very comfortable on the lips and he also holds a little longer than I'm used to it from other products. Of course, he smeared a little. One should therefore also apply a fix, if one wants to prevent this. The application is quite pleasant, but I recommend here the contract with a brush. The compatibility is very good even if the numerous ingredients irritate me a little. I forgive 4 stars and a recommendation.

• stuartslondon.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 13:10

Advantages

Disadvantages

Men's Designer Clothing Online Shop...

StuartsLondon.com is a website shop selling men's clothing and accessories. I'd never actually heard of the retailer before until recently when I was requested to buy a birthday gift of a specific t-shirt top from the site for a young male family member (an 18 year old). I can only assume from the request that the brands available from this shop are more suitable for younger men and that the clothing lines are modern and in demand.

I found the website a little difficult to work through. The menu text is really small and all of the categories of products on sale are listed under one heading so it's difficult to look through all of the list. The firm actually sell quite a lot of things including tops, shirts, coats and jackets, bags, chinos, jeans, gloves, shorts and much more. The firm state that the items they sell are "designer" and they carry such well known brands as Diesel, Barbour, Adidas, Vivienne Westwood and more huge names in the fashion industry.

The prices of items on the site are fairly expensive but as you would expect to pay for these kinds of brands. I paid almost £30 for a t-shirt which I suppose it about an average price nowadays for a designer branded item. I certainly couldn't complain about the quality of the t-shirt that I bought and it was very gratefully received as a gift.

The shop offers a few delivery options but the standard signed for delivery which arrives in 3-5 days after being dispatched costs £3.95 if your order is under £75 or it's free for anything over £75. I made my order a few weeks before needing to give it as a gift and received it in plenty of time. I had no problems with the ordering system or the delivery.

I would recommend this site to any young men who enjoy wearing stylish and good quality clothing. It's worth taking a look at their sales section too as there are some sizable reductions.

• Warren Evans / Highstreet Shopping / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      04.09.2015 11:53

Advantages

• "Helpful Staff"
      • "Excellent Bed"

Disadvantages

Excellent service and product

We have just had two king size bed frames delivered and I can't emphasise how happy we were with both the beds and the service provided. The delivery guys were from Team A (Khalid & Mick) and they were super helpful. They put both beds together and kindly dismantled our old bed. The people in the store were also very helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Warren Evans. This is the 5th bed we have from them now and will be going back!

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 11:39

Advantages

• "No Bloatware"
      • "Perfect customisation"
      • "Full OS License"
      • "Fast build"

Disadvantages

Amazing for bespoke builds

Like most people now I am using PCSpecialist because the industry is taking too long to put good SSDs in devices as standard. Great service and product as always, amazing website configurator, great order and payment system, regular contact kept during build and delivery process, product was exactly as described and the case is much better than it looked in the picture. Only thing that could improve is if you could have more choice about dust filters and front facing ports; this is really an industry issue and not an issue with PCSpecialist. I've used them twice now for a PC and a laptop and would definitely recommend.

04.09.2015 11:11

Advantages

• " clean"
      • "Well maintained"
      • "Great Penguin enclosure"
      • "Only Koalas in UK"
      • "Only Pandas in UK"

Disadvantages

• Expensive

Great Zoo - With Pandas!

I recently visited Edinburgh zoo during a trip to that city. One of the highlights was a chance to see the only pandas in the UK but I thought the zoo had a lot to offer as well. I do recommend booking in advance if you wish to see the pandas - there is no extra charge but you can only visit on certain time slots as they are a popular attraction. It was great to see them but they were rather shy and it is not guaranteed they'll be doing much (I don't think they ever do much!). Both were asleep in separate enclosures when I went, if you're lucky they'll sleep somewhere you can get a good photo.

Koalas are another exclusive (in the UK) and my friend was very taken with them the most. I also really liked the big cats and the monkeys, who can often be entertaining. The cats were mostly keeping a low profile though.

Penguins Rock is the penguin area, and the penguins are supposed to parade around the outside of their enclosure once a day. It seems they couldn't be bothered the day I went, but I didn't mind as I got excellent views of the juvenile pool, with some very photogenic young penguins. It is one of the better penguin enclosures I've seen.

There are a number of snack and restaurant stalls. Food isn't cheap but it was varied and portions were generous. There is a good size gift shop with a variety of animal and Edinburgh related gifts at all price points.

Zoos can be an expensive day out, but I thought this one was done well.

04.09.2015 11:05

Advantages

• "Uses organic berry ingredients"
      • "Cleans my hair well"
      • "Smells beautiful"

Disadvantages

• "Thin so some always slips down the plug hole"

Berry nice shampoo

Faith In Nature shampoo is made from organic fruit ingredients, in this case raspberries and cranberries. I did not buy this or I don't remember doing so but it has been in my bathroom for a few weeks so I started to use it last weekend so I could reduce the amount of products that are taking up space in my bathroom.

The shampoo is quite thin but the lather when I wash my hair is good, it drips out of my hand so there is some wastage that cannot be avoided with every hair wash. The lather feels like it is going all the way down to my scalp so it's not just my hair that feels clean when I use this shampoo and that effect occurs soon after I start lathering.

After washing my hair feels soft and bouncy, I am required to apply a smoothing lotion before styling because using the Faith In Nature shampoo makes my hair a bit fluffy so harder than usual to style. I do not use conditioner with every hair wash because I do not think it is necessary but when using this shampoo I do not need it as there are very few knots in my hair and it feels soft and conditioned without adding another product.

The fruity fragrance lingers for longer than I thought possible as it smells quite faint in the bottle. It builds up whilst washing but never becomes overpowering as some berry shampoos can. The strongest fragrance of the two is the raspberry but it's the cranberry that adds the extra fruity smell to the shampoo, I'd like to find and try the conditioner to match this shampoo as I think that would smell good too but I have too many bottles to use up at present and don't want to buy more.

My hair feels extremely clean after washing and that effect lasts for longer than most shampoos in this price range. It costs just £3 and gives me at least one extra day in between hair washes or sometimes more than that if I use a dry shampoo on the final day, my hair is not naturally greasy or dry so I am lucky to be able to use most hair products without problems occurring and this one is no different. I thought it was good that the just washed feeling lasted for so long as even a shampoo that leaves your hair clean for extra time can stop creating the just washed feeling quite quickly as most girls know there is a difference between the feeling of your hair being clean and the feeling you get after giving it a good wash.

04.09.2015 11:00

Advantages

• "A smart looking case"
      • "Provides good protection"

Disadvantages

• Cost

Protection at a cost

My daughter was recently given a second hand iPod Nano with some accessories that had been collected and were of no use to the giver once the Nano was no longer in their possession. I was happy a case was included as the Nano is so small I was afraid my daughter would drop and break it. The case is made by Hama and is named as a box case, meaning that it closes to form a box around the iPod Nano protecting all metallic areas.

The cost to purchase this case is £22 so not a cheap option in spite of the small dimensions.
      The case comes in two parts, a clear back and front that has clear detailing but has a metallic looking pink insert built into the plastic for personalisation of colour. You cannot swap the coloured insert but the same case is available in different colours.

The case has a wrist strap but that was not present when my daughter received her iPod Nano and case so I cannot comment on that.

To use the case you push your iPod Nano into the front section then press the back into place to form one box of plastic. The connection between front and back pieces is strong and the case has not fallen into two pieces during use by my daughter, she has dropped her iPod Nano many times as I predicted but it still remains in excellent condition and works as it should. The box has protected the iPod Nano from being dropped and also from being banged around, the screen is covered so cannot be scratched but the scrolling wheel is unaffected by the box so my daughter has no frustration of being restricted in any way.

I believe her use of the iPod Nano will be a passing fad so have not bought her another case, she is happy with this one and ecstatic to have an iPod Nano however old it is but I think she'll soon become bored as she often does and I have learned not to spend too much unnecessary extra items for her.

04.09.2015 10:57

Advantages

• "kind to skin"
      • "a little goes a long way"
      • "leaves skin smooth & soft"
      • nourishing

Disadvantages

• "the price may put some off"

My skin feels so replenished after using this.

ABOUT: I am a huge fan of the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop as I find this range very kind and gentle to my skin and it provides it with much needed moisture, especialy during the winter and colder months when my skin can feel slightly dry. This night cream claims to smooth and soften you skin over-night and to replenish it so you wake up with hydrated looking skin that feels smooth and soft.

The cream comes in a round plastic pot which is pink in colour. It clearly states on the pot what the product is and the brand name. When opening the pot you will need to remove the white plastic disc which sits on top of the cream to protect it. I normally throw this away but you can keep it if you wish. The cream is a light pink colour and has a very light scent to it.

PRICE: I purchased this from my local branch of The Body Shop for £13.00 which is for a 50ml pot of the cream.

IN USE: This cream is quite thick and is a lot thicker than the other facial creams in the Vitamin E range. I always cleanser my skin my using the Vitamin E cleanser, followed by the Vitamin E toner and only after then I apply the Night Cream. Although the cream is thick a little of it goes a long way so I suggest applying a little at a time. I applied the cream to my face and neck as suggested. The cream has a nice smooth texture to it and it feels soft and slightly silky when applying it to my skin.

The scent to the product is very light and can barely be smelt when actually applying the product to your skin. The product doesn't feel greasy and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin after applying it. I felt as though this product gave my skin instant moisture; although I was looking forwards to seeing the results in the morning.

RESULTS: When waking up my skin felt extremely smooth and soft and it looked hydrated as well. I was impressed at how much smoother and softer it actually felt. This product caused me no blemishes or any other reactions with my skin which was good. I can even use this cream on slightly dry skin and it doesn't sting the dry skin or make the area red or sore.

OVERALL: A fantastic replenishing night cream that I am going to continue to use and will purchase again.

04.09.2015 10:50

Advantages

• "Smells pleasant"
      • "Works well to protect my children from head lice"

Disadvantages

• "A feminine initial fragrance"

A nicer fragrance than tea tree

Having two sociable children the concern of head lice is a very real one, I have no embarrassment if my children catch head lice because it is a natural part of childhood but I have little free time and do not want to spend it combing their hair. I have used a Nitty Gritty Head Lice Comb for a few years and have been very happy with it so have also been buying the Nitty Gritty Head Lice Repellent Spray.

The bottle size is 250ml, costing £10. So little is required per application that a bottle of this size lasts for months so do not let the initial high cost put you off purchasing if you have school age children.

Tea Tree has long been used to create a head lice repellent but the strong smell isn't one I want to follow my children around. Nitty Gritty has a lavender fragrance that masks stronger odours and Neem Oil stops the lice and eggs gaining traction on the hair. The fragrance of Nitty Gritty is pleasant but light enough that it disappears shortly after use.

The consistency of the spray has no effect on the appearance or texture of my children's hair. It dries quickly and after brushing there is no residue or sign that an additive has been used. I follow the bottle instructions and first comb with the Nitty Gritty comb then spray on a small amount of repellent, I follow this with brushing their hair as usual and gathering it into a plait or ponytail for extra protection against head lice.

The spray causes no itching or irritation as a rule. Once I used it immediately after a head lice infestation and my daughter complained that it stung, I think she had scratched her head and the spray had reacted with the cut and also the effects of repeated combing on her scalp immediately prior to application.

I will repurchase this spray and have already done so several times. It is effective and safe for children aged above two years old, the lavender fragrance is quite feminine but disappears from the hair so quickly I would recommend it for girls and boys alike.

• Sonos Play1 / PC Speaker / 3 Readings / 1 Rating
      04.09.2015 09:30

Advantages

Disadvantages

A bit on the expensive side but great quality

I was amazed by the sound quality for its size.
      It was very easy to set up and also easy to update the music library from laptop.
      You can connect to any laptop or pc on your home network and you can move the unit to any room in your home.
      I am now going to buy another unit that I will install in another room.

• pcspecialist.co.uk / Online Shop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      04.09.2015 08:55

Advantages

Disadvantages

excellent service.

I bought my first gaming pc, and was recommended to use pc specialist from a friend.

Very simple to use their website and order, that coupled with helpful recommendations on the pc you've ordered when you click order, made it very easy for someone that has always just gone to pc world to buy something.

Very reasonably priced, very quickly built and delivered, and helpful staff now helping me 10 days later after I have messed things up a bit.

Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

• HappyLand Mobile Moon Base / Baby Toy / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      04.09.2015 08:13

Advantages

• "Fuels the imagination"
      • "No small parts"

Disadvantages

One of my favourite happy land sets

We bought this set to go alongside our happy land lift off rocket set. It costs much less than the main rocket set but probably gets just as much play in our house.

This set is usually £15 in elc however I have recently seen it on sale for as little as £4.50. It really is a bargain at this price level. The set includes a moon base, a moon buggy / digger, a robot and 2 spacemen.

The moon base is a red vehicle with a big satellite dish. The side opens up to form steps for the spacemen to climb up. The design of this could be improved. It constantly comes of its hinges which can get quite frustrating for a toddler.

The moon buggy / digger is excellent. It has large soft rubber wheels and a spot for either a spaceman or robot to sit and drive. It is chunky and solid and has a scoop on the front.

The robot and spacemen are like most happy land figures. Nice and simple with no small parts.

My children have really enjoyed this set sending the characters off around the room on various missions of discovery. The alien is perhaps the least favourite but the vehicles are great.

I am a huge fan of the happy land range of toys and the rocket and moon base sets are amongst my favourites. The quality is good and it really encourages imaginative play. Highly recommended especially if purchased with the lift off rocket set.

• Little Tikes Police Car / Outdoor Toy / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      04.09.2015 08:05

Advantages

• Simple
      • Robust

Disadvantages

• "Radio not well designed"

One of out favourite toys

Little tikes make a whole range of cosy coup cars for toddlers. The range includes your basic model through to special editions and more specific ideas such as this police car themed one.

We already had a standard crazy coup for my son and when my daughter was old enough to start arguing with him over who's turn it was to drive we decided to buy her one too. At our local play group the children always want to drive the police car so this was the model we chose to buy her.

This version is black and white with a swing open door, a little boot and a police radio inside.

My children loved it! The car is easy to climb in and out of and the door is easy for them to work. Even manoeuvring the car is easy. Due to its light weight and swivel wheels they can can drive this from a very early age. Mine got the hang of going backwards before forwards as this seems to be the easiest.

Much fun has been had with the boot and radio features. My daughter likes to transport her teddies in the boot and shout emergency into the radio!

The car is robust and due to the simplicity of its design it is easy to clean. Despite a few years of racing and crashing into walls and pots our police car has survived in one piece.

My only criticism is the radio. It is attached via a string which soon rotted due to getting wet. A plastic attachment would have been more suitable for an outdoor toy.

Overall this is one of the most loved toys in our house and I would highly recommend it. 5 dooyoo hearts!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown