• Royal Canin Fit / Cat Food / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.09.2014 12:05

Advantages

• "Nutritionally balanced"
      • "Often on special offer"
      • "Cats enjoy it"

Disadvantages

Good quality cat food for medium-activity cats

Royal Canin Fit Adult Cat is a dry, biscuit-type cat food which is nutritionally balanced and designed to have certain health benefits for adult cats. The food is described as being aimed mainly at cats who spend most of their time indoors, and it protects against hairballs. As we have six adult cats who live indoors, the food is suitable for them although I'm not sure our cats are particularly 'fit', leading somewhat sedentary lifestyles!

We first tried this food with our cats when it was on a special promotion and the 400g bag had 100 per cent extra free. This food is quite often on offer, particularly on the ZooPlus website which we use to order our pet supplies in bulk.

We've given this food the nickname 'doughnuts' in our house, because the biscuits are shaped like tiny dark brown doughnuts. The biscuits are a particular hit with our oldest cat, who is 20 years old and somehow manages to eat them despite having lost all his teeth! He seems to really enjoy the flavour and persists with the biscuits until he manages to eat them. We tend to sit a bowl of this food out at a time and our other cats will also graze on it, and we never have any wastage with this brand.

Unlike with other brands, it's not immediately clear what flavour these biscuits have, but the list of ingredients includes poultry, pork and fish oil, as well as various other things including minerals and fibres. The fibres are supposed to help prevent hairballs and the minerals help with urinary health, which can be a big problem in cats.

As cat owners, of course, our main priority is finding foods which are good for the cats and which they enjoy eating, and this one seems to tick both boxes. Cats aren't slow to reject food that they don't enjoy, and this one has been a definite hit.

Royal Canin Fit is usually priced around 4GBP for 400g, and is available in larger packs up to 10kg. Although the larger packs seem to offer better value, we sometimes find that the cats go off biscuits once they've been open for a while (even though we store the food in airtight containers) so large packs are a false economy for us.

21.09.2014 11:15

Advantages

• Original
      • "Breaking boundaries"
      • "Modern love story"

Disadvantages

Breaking boundaries is a good thing!

This book is a great start to the series, and I love the ideas within it. I think that too many people judge the books badly because of the sparking vampires, saying that this isn't what vampires were originally written like. But so what? I think it takes a much better, more creative author to break these boundaries and do things their own way. The fact that Stephenie Meyer took a chance with a new idea speaks volumes for herself and her books, in my opinion. It is mainly seen as a book for teenagers, but really anyone could read and enjoy Twilight, as long as they have an open mind and accept that, yes, sometimes writers will do things out of the ordinary in their writing.

The characters are pretty great too - it's hard to decide which is my favourite as they're (mostly) really relatable and likeable. This must have been a difficult thing to do - make readers not only fall in love with a family of vampires, but relate to them as well. This is yet another factor that proves Meyers's talent.

It may not be the most difficult book, but this surely widens the audience. Okay, if you're only into challenging books then this may not be for you, but the majority of people usually prefer an easy read, and this is ideal for most. There are some themes that younger readers may find challenging, but even they should cope with the writing itself. (When I say young readers, I mean about age 10 or 11 upwards, depending on level of maturity.)

• Fuzzi Bunz Cloth Nappies / Nappies & Wipes / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.09.2014 10:29

Advantages

• slim
      • cuter
      • "greener "

Disadvantages

• "not a great fit"

not the best for my babys bunz!

Fuzzibunz were one of the first brands of cloth nappies i ever tried. Much more popular in the states but they are slowly becoming more popular over here. As cloth nappies go they aren't my favourite but still better than the disposible alternative!

I bought mine from a nappy website called clean green nappy machine and paid around £18 for a plain red 'watermelon' colour. As cloth nappies go this is the higher end of the prices especially for a pocket style nappy. The nappy comes with two microfibre inserts that are lovely and soft and one is small and one is large. I bought the onesize nappy although you can buy sized ones as well.

Pocket nappies are easy to use just stuff with the inserts and put on baby like a normal nappy except you popper it. The poppers on fuzzibunz hold really well and ive never had problems with them breaking. They fit pretty slim on the bum and you get a great fit on the legs as the elastic is easily adjusted from the inside. That said i find the rise a very odd fit especially on my 22 month old daughter as it doesnt fit high enough and the poppers aren't in the best position. I also find inserts tend to stick out the back of the nappy once its on.

The nappy washes pretty well although the inside bobbles fairly quickly.

Absorbancy wise i can get maybe 2 hours out of it which isnt that great to be honest, other nappies i have last alot longer.

Overall its not a bad nappy but for the price i would of expected a better rise fit and longer lasting absorbancy too. There are definitely better brands out there, for us anyway!

• Labrador / Pet / Animal / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      21.09.2014 10:26

Advantages

• "Great companion"
      • Smart

Disadvantages

A Great Friend

Since I was a child, I was very excited about dogs. I think, having a cat as a pet is a good choice but dogs are just amazing! My dog, Molly, is almost 1 year old now and she is amazing. A year ago, I had to make a choice. A Labrador or a Jack Russell? I find both excellent choices for a pet but Jack Russell dogs are far more hyperactive than I can handle.
      If you want a friendly, smart dog then Labrador is one of the best choices. I was able to teach her many cool commands this year. I was so surprised by the amount of tricks a dog can learn and I feel very proud of having my dog well trained. However to train a dog is not a simple task and you need time and discipline. She can follow my commands without hesitation now and she will not leave my side if I don't want to. Some of the commands are Sit, Turn, Play dead, Jump, Stop, Go, Crouch, Give me your hand and much more.
      The best thing I love about Molly and generally about dogs is how clever they are. I remember one time, when I had a really bad day and I was so angry and sad, but when I got home and Molly understood that something was wrong, she tried to cheer me up.
      TO conclude, Labrador dogs are amazing. If you have a family or you are thinking about having a pet, these dogs are the right choice. Great companions, clever and great friends.

• Bambino Mio Miosolo / Baby Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.09.2014 10:17

Advantages

• "fits great"
      • "easy to use"
      • slim

Disadvantages

• "not absorbant enough for older babies"

great for little babies, not quite absorbant enough for older ones!

As any cloth bum mum will know trying new nappies is addictive. I first bought a miosolo about 6 months ago when they released their super cute new prints.
      I paid about £16 for one from a independent nappy shop; max and bellas. The plain colours tend to be less expensive though. As cloth nappies go £16 is about average for a branded nappy.

When it arrived i was really impressed with how slimline it was. Its an all in one nappy so the insert is attached to the nappy all you do is tuck it inside the pocket of the nappy. The insert is microfibre so absorbs quickly and the outer is pul to stop leaks. Its a one size nappy so fits from around 9lbs up to potty training (around 35lbs). It fits my 22 monther and my 10 monther perfectly. The velcro on the waist is super sticky and holds up really well giving a fantastic fit.

The nappies wash really well except the label on the front which fades after one wash but for me thats no big deal.

On my 10 month old i can get a good 3-4 hours before needing to change but they don't work well at all for my older miss as she wees through it in record time now but its not just these nappies so i can't be too harsh about that! You can also buy boosters for these (mio boosts) but honestly i dont find they add all that much.

The insert has a bit to aid pulling the insert out for washing which in all honesty is a bit gimmicky if you ask me as it gets just as wet as the insert.

Overall i like mio's but if they had a bamboo booster they would last alot longer on older babies. They were my go to nappy for a while but not so much now as they just dont hold up to my champion wee'er!

• Cheeky Wipes / Nappies & Wipes / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      21.09.2014 10:02

Advantages

• "no chemicals"
      • softer
      • "cheaper in long run"
      • "better for baby"

Disadvantages

• none!

soft, cheaper and better for baby whats not to love?!

My girls had been cloth bummed for a while before i decided to take the plunge into cloth wipes too and i honestly don't know now why i waited so long!

I decided to give them a go when i was spending £10 a week on pampers wipes. A start up set of 50 wipes, the box to keep them in and the cheeky oil cost about £30 so within 3 weeks it had paid for itself.

The delivery was super fast and i was so impressed with how lovely and soft the wipes were. To get started all you do is fill the plastic tupperware box to the line with water and add a few drops of the oil (i chose the orange and teatree which smells amazing). Then you add your wipes and let them soak up the solution, hey presto your good to go!

Next nappy change just use the cheeky wipes as you would any wipe, you'll find you need ALOT less than you would disposible wipes as the terry clings to the poop and brings it off the bum so easily. If you cloth nappy just chuck the wipe in your nappy pail with the nappy, if you don't then pop the wipe in the mucky box (also available from cheeky wipes) and stick in the washer when your ready. Easy peasy!

For out and about i use a small wet bag to keep the wipes in and stick them in the wetbag with nappies once used.

They clean so much easier than sposie wipes, they are tonnes cheaper and better for the environment and i know exactly whats going on my babies bums. They are great for cleaning hands and faces after a messy meal too.

I honestly cannot fault cheeky wipes, they wash amazingly and after 6 months of use still hold their colour and shape brillantly.

A must for any one with little ones!

• Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB / Smartphone / 3 Readings / 3 Ratings
      21.09.2014 09:23

Advantages

• "amazing camera"
      • reliable
      • fast

Disadvantages

• "pretty big"
      • pricey

a whole lot better than the apple other!

After having the s4 mini for some time it came time to upgrade and the samsung galaxy s5 was my first choice. Because of the steep price tag i went for it on contract with vodafone as there was no initial cost. I got it in white.
      When it arrived the box was nice and small and inside was the handset, battery, charger, headphones and instructions. Once i put the battery and sim in the back i was surprised at how light it was to say its pretty big as phones go. Its definitely a good looking phone.
      It comes with the latest android software; kitkat already installed. This said the phone will do lots of updates in the first few days. As usual it comes with a fair few apps already installed; all the google ones, facebook, youtube etc. I find it quite frustrating that you can't uninstall some of these that you don't want.
      Setting up the phone is super easy so its quick to get going and if you have a memory card with all your contacts etc your good to go. I love the fact that you can add to the memory with a micro sd card (something you cant do with an iphone) although the 16gb internal memory is not to be sniffed at.

Great features;
      The camera is absolutely fab, its the best quality image i've seen from a phone and the image editor is good, allowing you to add filters, touch up the image, crop and rotate too.
      The finger print recognition is a pretty nifty little gimmick that allows only you to unlock the phone. That said it cam be pretty difficult to get the hang of swiping it properly and if you get it wrong 5 times it locks for 30 seconds. You must also have a back up password.

I'm pretty sure this phone does a whole lot more than i will ever actually use it for but what i do use works brilliantly. Thus far i've had no problems with it freezing or crashing (something my s4 mini did frequently) and it runs numerous applications with ease.

One mega downside is the battery life; it drains crazy fast and i usually have to charge it over night and one other time in the day to top it up, ive had it die on me a few times. In an emergency though it does have a super battery saver mode that literally allows you to call and not much else but its handy if your desperate.

Overall i love my phone. Yes its a little bulky, but that means the screen is great for watching videos and using the net.
      Yes it drains battery fast but it does alot!

Really impressed samsung, beats apple everytime for me!

21.09.2014 06:33

Advantages

Disadvantages

Overall, great comedy series that you must watch

Parks & recreation is a funny comedy

Is like the style of the show "the office"
      They do their thing then talk to a camera

I've watched it many times, is great comedy and you will enjoy it...I guarantee

21.09.2014 06:31

Advantages

Disadvantages

Overall,great thriller must watch!!!

This show is a must watch

Is a thrilling,dark and Very creepy show

Kevin bacon plays a detective that puts a criminal behind bars and the criminal comes back and messes with Kevin's character

Is a pretty great thriller show, you should get this dvd(blu-ray)i watched this show, and is very amazing show

• Watch Dogs (Xbox One) / Xbox One Game / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.09.2014 06:24

Advantages

• Online
      • "Good Cars"
      • "Amazing tech"
      • "Open world"
      • "Great story"

Disadvantages

• "Watch Your Back Online"

Overall, great game with lots to do after you're done

Watch Dogs! One of the most anticipated games in years...I have it, and is a great piece of work.

The technology used in the game,to create black-outs and mess with people's money account is amazing

The open world is "beautiful"

The story is very interesting and always keeps you on the edge of your seat

So My Say on this is ...if you enjoy open world games..this is the one for you

Enjoy the game!

21.09.2014 06:20

Advantages

• "Great Mini Games"
      • "Great Graphics"
      • "Great Story"

Disadvantages

Great Game, Best Assassins Creed Video Game

Out of all the assasins creed video games,this one has to be the best!

The graphics are fantastic, the story is interesting, the mini-games are fun

I love how they switched things up with Ships and battle in water

If you like long-games and long story lines with lots of battles ...you must get this game

• The Crazy Ones / TV Series / 2 Readings / 1 Rating
      21.09.2014 06:14

Advantages

• Cast
      • New
      • Funny

Disadvantages

Last Performance of Robin williams, is "must" see TV

This show was hands-down the best new sitcom on Televison, robin williams was hilarious and the rest of the cast did great!

This is a new kind of comedy (sitcom) is different,is worth watching

Also you get to watch one of Robin Williams Last Performances before he passed

Great Actor,he sure will be missed!

So Great Acting and Funny stuff in this series

""MUST OWN DVD""

• Derek - Series 1 (DVD) / TV Series / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      21.09.2014 06:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

Overall the show made me laugh...3-stars

Ricky Gervais ... He is a funny guy (in my opinion) I saw some episodes...but first I watched the "promo" on CONAN, and even there I laughed

So yeah in my opinion is a pretty good show, get it for laughs

Hope it helps:)

• Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid / Make Up / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      21.09.2014 01:51

Advantages

• "Stays put"
      • "Decent coverage"

Disadvantages

• Heavy
      • Drying

Fine if you don't wear it too long

This certainly isn't the worst foundation around, but it's far from the best. It has pretty good coverage and, if it matches your skin tone well, it can look really nice and soft upon application - plus, it doesn't run and instead stays in place all day. However, it doesn't feel too nice on the skin. For starters, it feels pretty heavy, and it's hard to use only a little amount because it's of a slightly thicker consistency than a lot of foundations. also, I fin fit quite drying, and throughout the day it tends to flake a bit on my skin, but that might just be my skin type (combination, but mostly dry on the forehead). I did get a really good colour match, though, and it looks nice short-term.

21.09.2014 01:44

Advantages

Disadvantages

Did not last long

I bought a few new dog toys today from Wilko - this squeaky chicken being one of them. I payed £2.80 for one.

The chicken is quite long and flexible, it is made out of rubber and will make a squeak sound when the dog bites in to it. When I gave my dogs their new toys today, unfortunately the chicken was ignored! They fount the other toys much more interesting - they were actually all tugging at a large soft mouse toy which seemed to be the favorite out of all the toys.

So ... plan B, I started playing with the chicken, throwing it up in the air and catching it trying to get the dogs attention, and then, all of a sudden... the chicken squeaked! well, that was it, they do like a squeaky toy! the 3 dogs had this poor chicken pinned to the floor, they were pulling at it, running around with it and tug of waring with it!

The chicken lasted about 20 minutes until it was starting to rip. I could see a big tear down the side of the chicken so at that point, I had to spoil their fun by taking the chicken off them and putting it in the bin!

I would buy this again if they drop the price to £1 or under. Although my dogs had fun with it, it did not last very long at all because it was too flimsy - me and my dogs think it should be made with tougher plastic!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown