03.08.2015 19:17

Advantages

Disadvantages

Schwarzkopf Gliss Total Repair Shampoo

The Schwarzkopf Gliss Total Repair Shampoo is available for GBP 1.29. The shampoo is suitable for dry and damaged hair.

The shampoo is described as follows. "With each use, Schwarzkopf Gliss Total Repair Shampoo transforms dry, damaged hair making it soft, shiny, radiantly and beautiful thanks to its Keratin enriched formula and 19 active ingredients. Reduces hair breakage by up to 90%. Leaves hair healthy and full of strength. For daily use."

The shampoo is of the consistency otherwise, as other shampoos. It is easy viscous, whitish and sparkles easily and can be very well spread and rub in hair. It begins, as many shampoos to lather on. The smell is very fresh, but also artificial. I can not say that it is here in one direction, because it smells neither cloying nor fruity. Also not to herbs or anything similar. It's just a typical shampoo smell, which has slightly fresh and just a little artificial in itself. In general, the smell is but pleasant and I always liked it. The smell still adheres easily even after washing out the shampoo to the hair. This smell freshly washed, but the smell is not too extreme and not too intensive, one only perceives the smell when you smell directly to the hair. The shampoo is relatively ergebig because despite long hair I only need a small amount to wash the hair and to get completely clean. This shampoo is not too expensive, since one very long so gets along. Although I also applying a scavenging or even a cure after washing, I feel compared to other Shmpoos that my hair is very well maintained. They shine and look very clean and fresh looking. Even my hair looks not dull. Meanwhile, I no longer use the shampoo. Nevertheless, this shampoo was not bad, but just not to my complete satisfaction. Four good star I forgive yet.

• Piriton Allergy Tablets / Allergy & Hayfever / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 18:51

Advantages

• "Relieves symptoms quickly"

Piriton allergy tablets

My hay fever has gradually been getting worse as I have got older and I have been suffering particularly badly this year. My eyes are so itchy that I find myself rubbing them quite hard to relieve the itching but this makes them very sore and it turns into a vicious circle of itching and rubbing until my eyes are very red and sore. I am sneezing numerous times a day and my nose keeps running as though I have a bad dose of the flu.

I have taken other brand of hay fever tablets in previous years but I think that I have used these Piriton tablets the most. You can always get them on offer and they do them in packs of 7 and 14. I last bought two of the 14 packs for just £4 from Tesco. I don't tend to take them every day just when I feel I need them when I wake up, or when I know the pollen count I going to be particularly high.

The active ingredient in these tablets is cetirizine hydrochloride which is in the majority of hay fever tablets and in addition to hay fever they are also suitable for skin and pet allergies, and mould spore and house dust mite allergies.

The recommended dosage for an adult is one per day, for children ages 6 to 12 half a tablet twice a day and they are not suitable for children under 6 years old. There is a warning on the box stating that they may cause drowsiness and if so not to drive or operate machinery. Personally I haven't found they make me any more tired than I am during the hot weather anyway, but I am sure that everyone's tolerance levels are different and you should be aware that they can make you sleepy. They are also not suitable if you are pregnant or breast feeding.

The tablets themselves are small and round and are easily popped out of the foil. I find them small enough to swallow without having any water with them and there is no real taste to them. I find that if I take one of these tablets my symptoms usually start to reduce after about half an hour and this lasts for the rest of the day. I do still sneeze occasionally but I don't have the itchy eyes and runny nose so a few sneezes I can cope with.

I feel that these tablets contain my hay fever and reduce my symptoms, and I would recommend them to others as long as the price is right.

• Revlon Photoready Pressed Powder / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 18:26

Advantages

• light

Disadvantages

• " does not really set my make up"
      • "only 3 colours"

not for me, given the price i don't think it does a good enough job

I have no particular preference to brand when it comes to face powder, I just buy whatever I think is good or on offer at the time.

Revlon face powder appealed to me as I had already tried some of their products and liked them before.

****THE PACKAGE****

The powder comes in a black slim line compact measuring 11cm by 6.5cm and a depth of just over 1cm.
      There is a clear circle of the front so that you can see the product inside which is ideal for seeing at a glance what it is in your handbag and how much is left. The snap shut on the case is also very effective so no extra powder escapes.
      It’s not the standard circular compact but the fact that it is so long means it sits well in your hand more like a mobile phone sits.
      It comes with a mirror in the lid but it is quite small due to the clear circle so you have to move it around to see which part or your face you are powdering.
      On the bottom half below the powder is a small brush. The bristles are lovely and soft but the handle could be a bit bigger to hold on too. I have to say I prefer a soft pad to apply my powder when I am out and about, otherwise I end up covered with particles of powder and it makes more of a mess in the compact itself.

***THE POWDER***

The actual powder – I have used better, I have used worse.
      This one feels cheaper to me, I think its because the powder has tiny particles which seem to sit on my skin rather than being matte. On this respect it does seem to matte better if you use a pad rather than the brush. It’s supposed to give an “airbrushed” look “cover flaws” and “eliminate shine”.

AIRBRUSHING AWAY -
      With regards to the airbrushed look I can see that maybe this is what they are trying to achieve and for go the matte of the face, if you like a powder that doesn’t feel like its heavy on the face than this might be worth a try. To me though it still feels like its just not setting my makeup completely.
      The product apparently contains some “photo chromatic pigments” which are supposed to reflect the light giving the photo ready idea so maybe this is why it sits on your skin more than other powders.

BECOMING FLAWLESS-
      I don’t think it really covers flaws to be honest, it is to light a powder to do that.

SHINE BE GONE-
      Eliminating shine? It does do this reasonably. When I first apply it I think t is not going to but it seems to absorb the shine quite well and it is a fair period of time (a number of hours) before I need to reapply. Bearing in mind I do get quite shiny skin. The product is oil free and has a sun factor protection of 14.

The powder only comes in three colours, which is a not that great a choice really given the wide range of skin colours of people. There is fair/light, light/medium and medium/deep.
      Mine is light/fair as I have quite pale skin and it does blend well with no significant lines noticeable.

***PRICE AND AVALIBILITY***

Available from Boots and some larger chemist stores and online make-up sites.

It is around £11.

***OVERALL***

Probably not one I would buy again to be honest. Given the price I don’t think it does a good enough job for my skin.

Review maybe posted on other review sites under the same username Siberian-queen©

03.08.2015 18:24

Advantages

Disadvantages

DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum

The DKNY Be Delicious Eau de Parfum is available for GBP 36.50.

The Eau de Parfum is described as follows. "DKNY Be Delicious Women is a fresh, sophisticated fragrance from the heart of New York City. Be Delicious opens with crisp and edgy top notes including American Apple, crisp Green Cucumber and sparkling Grapefruit. The middle notes are sweet and sinful with Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose and Violet. In the base, Sandalwood and White Amber round out the scent with an innocent and sexy appeal."

A crisp top notes of grapefruit, cucumber and Magnolia encounters a juicy-sweet heart notes of apple, lily of the valley, rose, tuberose and violet, framed by base notes of woods and white amber. A scent of smells extremely fresh, green and fruity. A fragrance that reflects the fast pace of New York's success grace and dynamism symbolizes. The freshness of this fragrance would almost a unisex fragrance meet, if not quite an easy chords of exotic flowers would give a very fine feminine undertone. This combination of tangy apple, citrus fruits, flowers and woody accents gives a whole new, very modern fragrance composition that is so far in this form a novelty! This fragrance is both easier than to describe other scents, as the apple shisha is very dominant, the other hand also a lot harder. If one were to be limited to terse description of an apple, you would do this scent very wrong. The fragrance is very fresh and light, it has a slightly woody, bitter note, which he directly acting sexy and wicked again. I too have had the experience that the scent evaporates relatively easily, and I might need to spray again at noon. However one takes the scent true to himself. The scent is very light and not very intrusive, so you can use it any time of day and occasion.

• Asda George Jersey Printed Maxi Dress / Clothing / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 18:22

Advantages

• "Can be worn for all occasions"
      • "Very flattering"

Jersey printed maxi dress

Although I am quite short I do love maxi dresses and think that they can look quite flattering especially if you wear them with heels. I have got quite a few long dresses but am always on the look out for new ones and you can often get them quite cheap. I will always take this type of maxi dress on holiday as you can roll it up to put in your suitcase and they don't usually crease and you can wear them both in the daytime and the evening.

I bought this dress from Asda where I buy a lot of clothes and paid just £9.00 which I thought was a very good price. It is black background with a white pattern all through it and it has a scoop neck and short sleeves which I like as it hides my arms. It is made of jersey and it feels like a tee shirt material and is very comfortable to wear. I bought it in a size 18 as I tried the 16 on and it was a bit clingy and the 18 fitted me much better and is actually quite flattering.

The dress hangs well and doesn't cling or stick to my legs even when I am hot and it seems to be a generous cut without being baggy or bulky. You could add a thin cardigan or shawl over the top if you are wearing it at night and might need something else to wear on top. I have got a short sleeved white cardigan which I wore with it on holiday as the temperature dropped at night.

I have washed this dress in the washing machine at my usual 30 degrees and have dried it on a coat hanger and have found that it dries very quickly and doesn't need ironing. I think that this is a lovely pretty well made dress for the money and could be worn for both day and night time with a variety of uses. I do recommend this as a versatile dress for any occasion.

• Weleda Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk / Weleda / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 18:13

Advantages

Disadvantages

Weleda Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk

The Weleda Lavender Relaxing Bath Milk is available for GBP 12.95.

The bath milk is described as follows. "A long soak in our Lavender Bath Milk is the ideal therapy for mental exhaustion, over-stimulation and restlessness. Its harmonising action soothes body and mind, reducing tension and easing restlessness. A long fragrant soak in the evening, before bed, will help promote a peaceful night’s sleep."

The ingredients are Water (Aqua), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Potassium Olivate, Glyceryl Oleate, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol.

The lavender fragrance is all natural, quite intense and I can not smell anything else out further, although probably still Citrus and Olive will be in it, according to the declaration. For me, it smells just by lavender flowers! Namely, very intense. The bath does not foam, it is more so a milky bathwater. The oil is then after draining the water, so at least in my dosage regimen, also on the shell surface and makes it very smooth. The scent and the silky skin alone are a reason for me to prefer this bath additive. But the skin tolerance was always very good with me. Also, this bathroom is packed in a nice, very dark blue-violet thick glass bottle with screw cap. The glass is quite thick, so it certainly does not break if it should accidentally slide down into the tub from the tub edge times. All in all, a lovely bath to relax for people who appreciate the natural and very intense lavender - especially if you already know while bathing, that afterwards not necessarily even need to apply cream! There is the bathroom also in several other fragrances, which are composed basically the same, but my favorite is lavender!

• Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 18:01

Advantages

• "good selection of colours"
      • "easy to use"

Disadvantages

• "not great coverage"

Not for me.

For me coverage is essential. I have psoriasis and I am very conscious about the dark circles under my eyes.
      However with this foundation , I did not feel covered at all. I also ended up having to use quite a lot just to get a satisfactory cover. Nevertheless the foundation did not last long at all.
      I will not be using this foundation again.
      However the colour I used did match my skin very well. It was also a nice texture to use and didn't feel as heavy as a liquid foundation I would use normally.
      If you don't use a lot of foundation or have clear skin to begin with, then this would be a nice product for you.

• Lush Colour Supplement / Make Up / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.08.2015 17:38

Advantages

Disadvantages

Lovely cruelty free tinted moisturiser

I love this stuff! A friend gave me a tester pot to try a few years ago and I've bought it regularly ever since.

I use this product on a daily basis. The pot is small but it still lasts me for months and months. It is about 12 pounds for a small tub. I am not a a heavy make up user so don't need a huge amount each day.

This product can be used in a number of ways. If you prefer strong coverage you can use it straight from the tub on its own. However if you prefer a light tinted coverage you can use it mixed with moisturiser.

Personally I like to use this more as a tinted moisturiser and dot my face with moisturiser and then this product then rub in. I use the light pink shade, but there are a number of different shades to choose from to match your skin tone.

I find this cream a lovely light silky consistency to use. It has a nice natural finish and I never feel that I have a heavy layer of make up on. It adds an even tone to my skin and is a good base to add face powder and blusher to.

In addition I love to use lush products because they are against animal testing so it's good to know that this product is completely cruelty free. I would definitely recommend this product and would buy it as a gift for a friend.

03.08.2015 17:21

Advantages

• "Would make great present"
      • "Lovely bottle"
      • "Cheap price"
      • "Lasting smell"
      • "Strong smell"

Disadvantages

• "Can be overpowering"

A beautifully scented celebrity perfume, well done for not disappointing us Rihanna!

I bought this perfume a few weeks ago. I was in Superdrug and saw Rihanna Reb'l Fleur Eau de Parfum 100ml for £20, I remember my friend had it on and it smelt quite nice so I thought I'd give it a try and for £20 how can you go wrong?

> The Bottle <

Rihanna Reb'l Fleur is in a beautiful high heel shaped bottle with black silk like swirls cascading up to the lid and a golden stopper. The bottle alone is beautiful.

> The smell <

Vanilla
      Patchouli
      Amber
      Musk

I love Reb'l Fleur because the smell is so individual it is rare to find anything quite like it. It's fruity and it's fun.

I have found with a lot of celebrity perfumes (barring a few) I have had where it smells lovely for an hour and then the smell disappears, leaving me disappointed and with lighter pockets. Reb'l Fleur will not disappoint you in that department. The smell is long lasting, for example, I put Reb'l Fleur on just before 7:00am, travelled to London on the overground and underground, worked till 5:00pm, went home (the same way) and got home around 6:30pm and I could still smell it on me, plus I am a smoker. Very rarely will you find that with perfumes especially celebrity ones.

The only downfall I would say is that this can be a little spicy for my liking and slightly overpowering when you first put it on. I would recommend this as a night time perfume as it is very heavy.

> Value <

Reb'l Fleur can be purchased for 30ml, 50ml or 100ml. Like I said I got mine for £20 on a sale. If you can have a wait for this one to go on sale. Although the average price I can see the 100ml is for about £40, buying a 100ml for £20 is even better.

> Conclusion <

A fantastic celebrity perfume with a unique fun smell. Only recommendation would be to have a sniff first before you buy.

03.08.2015 17:20

Advantages

• "Good on a budget"

Disadvantages

A good basic picnic bench

We moved into our home in spring. After moving home there was not much left in our budget for buying garden furniture but we wanted something we could use to sit and eat in the garden if the weather was nice.

This picnic bench was the perfect solution. It was cheap at under fifty pounds and further into the summer I saw that it was reduced further still.

This table comes flat packed and needs to be assembled yourself after purchasing. It fit easily into our astra. B&q had a huge pile of these ready to go by their doors so it is obviously a very popular product at that time of year.

My husband built the bench with the help of our toddler so I can't comment on how easy it was to put together. Although it must have had all the necessary pieces as he did it quickly one afternoon. The end result then was a nice compact picnic bench for us all the sit at.

It doesn't feel like the sturdiest table ever which is to be expected, but certainly good enough for a summer or two. We also thought it would probably benefit from a coat or two of outdoor paint, to protect it from any bad weather. Now its a pale grey blue colour and looks very nice, although I liked the original mid brown colour of the wood too.

I am finding we are getting lots of use from this picnic table and overall i am very pleased with the purchase.

• Ikea Antilop High Chair / Highchair / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 16:57

Advantages

• "Easy to clean"
      • "Great price"

Disadvantages

• "Trip hazard"

Highly recommended. Am excellent price for a great highchair.

This is the third high chair I have tried and by far the best. The first two were gifts. One was a nightmare to clean, the other was too easy for my daughter to escape from, so based on recommendations I bought the ikea antilop chair.

It's a simple and low cost option and works brilliantly. The legs can be easily removed if you want to transport it but it doesn't fold and store in the average kitchen easily. In my kitchen it did cause quite a few trips as people walked past, especially guests who weren't used to stepping around it.

I bought the chair with the extra tray and the padded insert. I found the tray to be a little loose but in hindsight this was a fault as I found friends' not to have the same problem. I liked being able to remove the tray and pull the chair up to the dining table if eating all together as a family.

The best thing about this chair is how easy to clean it is. Babies and toddlers inevitably make a huge mess when learning to eat and this is so easy to wipe clean. It can easily be placed in the shower if it really needs a good scrub down.

I don't use this highchair any more as my toddler now sits in a dining chair with booster seat but I have kept it to use if friends come over with younger babies or for any future children I have.

I would absolutely recommend this highchair.

• AMCO Monitored Home Alarm System / Other Service / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      03.08.2015 16:39

Advantages

Disadvantages

I would recommend AMCO for professionalism, good communication and service

After we were burgled we found our home insurance went up by quite a few pounds! After speaking to several insurance companies for quotes it was mentioned more than once had we considered a monitored alarm system? Yes I had but thought it would be too expensive to consider! I did a bit of research on Google and found AMCO, which to be honest wasn’t that hard as they are up there at the top. AMCO were by far the most competitively priced supplier. The listening and speaker device for monitoring is very unnoticeable and we were able to upgrade our existing system which was quick and efficient. The installation engineer arrived on time and left hardly any trace he had been there. He talked me through the whole process of the installation. I now feel that it was worth every penny spent as I can leave my home with peace of mind.

• LG 55LB630V / LCD TV / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      03.08.2015 16:26

Advantages

Disadvantages

The TV of TV's

The dream of a true cinephile You love to go to the cinema? I love to watch movies and know the names of all the best actors? It is quite possible that You are a real movie buff, but TV LG 55LB630V without a doubt, the dream of every cinephile, thanks to its big screen. Diagonal screen LG TV 55LB630V 55 inches (139 cm), making it not just large, but also gives the opportunity to feel, as in the cinema. It remains only to grab more popcorn and invite all your friends and you can go on an endless journey in the world of comedies, dramas, action movies, detectives, thrillers and other movies. Certainly will not be easy to tear his eyes away from Angelina Jolie or George Clooney. Really smooth Due to the refresh rate of the picture at 500 Hz at the TV LG 55LB630V, in his view, the image is smoothly updated, making it clear. Enjoy the movie, transmission, news or cartoon with a clear image. Thanks for the refresh rate, the image is not only smoothly updated, but Your eyes less tired from a long-term view of the TV. Thanks to the refresh rate of the picture, Your favorite player will literally come to life on the screen, and watching the race car Formula 1, You would think that she was a huge speed swept right past You!

If you are a cinephile this is the dream TV for you watch your favourite Tv Shows, Movies or animations like you have never seen them before.

• Dell ALIENWARE 18 / Laptop / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      03.08.2015 16:20

Advantages

• "Great Resolution "
      • "Excellent For Gaming"

Disadvantages

• "Large Laptop"

Perfection For Gamers

The Dell ALIENWARE 18 is the laptop for you if you are a gamer.

Like the rest of the redesigned series of Alienware notebooks, this 18.4-inch beast scored a makeover since the Alienware 18x released two years ago. The Dell-owned company has moved away from gaming platforms that look like trapezoids and instead has adopted a more angular look with rounded edges. The new look is modern, accented with sleeker lights, and much more pleasing to look at from the front.

There aren't many companies that still make laptops of this size, so the 18.4-inch display alone makes the Alienware 18 stand out from the crowd. It's a real dazzler too – the resolution is only 1920 x 1080 pixels, although at this price you could certainly argue that it ought to match the 2880 x 1800 resolution of the Apple's MacBook Pro with Retina display.
      However, 1920 x 1080 is good for games, and watching high-defintion films with the built-in Blu-ray drive. The overall image quality is excellent. Dell unhelpfully states that it's a WLED display white light emitting diode, like all displays now rather than listing what screen technology it uses. Even so, the image is bright, sharp and colourful, with viewing angles that just won't quit.

Gamers are unlikely to complain about any lack of touch-controls, but we were a little disappointed to see that the screen has a glossy coating that throws off glare and reflection in broad daylight. Contrast this with the Alienware 17, which has a decent glare-reducing matte finish. Perhaps Alienware assumes that you'll spend all your gaming time in a darkened room and have your meals biked in from the local pizza parlour.
      Of course, the disadvantage of such a large screen is that the Alienware 18 is unavoidable very big – but it's also very heavy. It measures a full 57.5 mm thick when folded flat – that's three Ultrabooks piled on top of each other – and weighs in at a whopping 5.5 kg. Needless to say, you won't be slipping this one into your backpack for a quick trip to your local coffee shop.

One advantage of that size and weight is that the built-in speakers actually manage to pack a decent bass punch, which works really well for blowing stuff up in games or just listening to some music between fragging sessions.
      The keyboard is roomy and comfortable, and firm enough to take a pounding in the heat of battle. Like most laptops with 16:9 widescreen displays, it also has room for a full-size numeric keypad as well as an additional set of macro keys located on the far-left of the keyboard.

03.08.2015 16:12

Advantages

Disadvantages

Worth The Price!

The refreshed Retina display MacBook Pro brings faster performance and longer battery life, along with the same stunning screen and comfortable keyboard. This time around, though, Apple also traded in its already-best-in-class trackpad for a new, pressure-sensitive one. While it's almost as comfortable to use as its predecessor, we're not convinced these new touchpad tricks were worth making the switch. That said, the 13-inch Retina MBP remains one of the few laptops of this size that offers such long battery life and this kind of graphics clout.

If you already own a recent MacBook Pro, or have even futzed around an Apple Store, then you know what to expect here. The new MBP, like so many before it, is constructed from a seamless block of machined aluminum, with springy, well-spaced keys and a crisp 2,560 x 1,600 display, framed by a thin, barely there bezel. As before, the machine measures a slim 0.71 inch thick, though Apple is listing the weight as slightly heavier this time around: 3.48 pounds, as opposed to 3.46.

I did enjoy the super-fast fast-forwarding, though. For me, at least, that might be the best and most practical reason to have a pressure-sensitive trackpad. Even so, the Force Touch feels like just another nice-to-have feature; I don't mind that it's there, and I ultimately got used to it, but it's also not something I particularly needed. It's certainly not essential on the level of the Retina display, which basically spoiled the lower-resolution MacBook Air screen for me and many other users.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown