• Nikon Coolpix S2500 / Digital Camera / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.09.2014 23:19

Advantages

• "Takes good pics in daylight"
      • "Small and compact"

Disadvantages

• "Struggles in dark settings"
      • "Buttons seem to stop working quickly"

Not the best, not the worse.

Bought the Nikon Coolpix for about £50 online about a year and a half ago.

Overall, it's not a bad little compact for just out and about and general use. However, it's not really good enough for anything other than a handy little "out and about" camera.

General design is nice and compact, and not too heavy. Small and slim, it fits into my pocket quite nicely (actually better than my smartphone does these days!). Despite being small and slim, it does feel quite "sturdy" and safe, not like it will break at the slightest knock.

The screen on the back is a reasonable size for me, but some may have difficulty. Similarly with the buttons, they're ok for me, but if Mum is using it she struggles a little bit to see and press the buttons. In regards to the buttons, I have also had a couple of issues with them stopping working. The first time I sent it back under warranty to fix the "ok" button, which was done no problem. However, more recently, the "playback" button has unfortunately stopped working - so viewing a picture is a surprise for the PC upload!

Pictures generally take well in the daylight and are of a good quality for such a small cheap camera. It does have a 4x optical zoom (i think) so there is some "room for zoom" without spoiling picture quality. However, when you go into digital zoom the picture quality is quickly lost. In darker settings, the camera does struggle quite a bit, but, again, it's ok for just odd pictures here and there - i'd never rely on this camera if you're looking for anything amazing though.

Thereis a macro mode, a timer and a video mode on the camera too, which I have used occasionally but not really frequently enough to comment on.

Battery life has been generally good to me - although I use the camera quite sparingly to be honest! But it doesn't seem to take too long to charge when you need to, at least I haven't experienced any issues in this area.

Overall, a good little buy for just general use. I'd maybe recommend for a younger family member - ideal for them to just take out with them for general snapping - 18th Birthday party kind of thing.

30.09.2014 23:15

Advantages

• "Seasonal film"

Disadvantages

• "Unmemorable songs and some basic backgrounds"

Standard seasonal movie - not very memorable

===FILM ONLY REVIEW===

A 1998 animated film.

The film was the first theatrical feature from GoodTimes Entertainment. It stars Eric Idle, Whoopi Goldberg and Debbie Reynolds.

===Cost===

Some of the DVDs on Amazon are quite expensive but if can be viewed for free online.

===My Opinion===

I am not sure why I did not see it when it first came out as I did have a young family then.

I am surprised that so many people are saying they really enjoyed it – but obviously they are the ones who watched it as children so it does hold a special place in their hearts.

There are some additions to pad out the story, as well as added songs, which to me seemed as if they were just included for the sake of it.

Rudolph is made to feel unwanted because he is different with his red nose.

He runs away and meets up with an Arctic fox, so they then head off together.

This story does have a narrator – well four in fact – little fairy type figures – with one being of coloured skin of course.

The evil element in the story is Stormella, who wants to ruin Christmas by making a fearsome storm.

There is nothing actually wrong with the movie as such. It is a conventional cartoon type of affair and with often crude drawings.

The running time is around 75 minutes and it is reasonably entertaining, though it does not bring on such a warm Christmassy glow as some other movies.

Rudolph seems to me to not be drawn in such a cute way as he should be and the four fairies who are the sort of commentators and pop in and out of the story seem a little incongruous and look decidedly 'modern' for a traditional type of story.

Its ok to watch with youngsters around Christmas time but I don't think my sons would have enjoyed it even when they were really young as it did see to lack some fo the 'cuteness' element that I like about seasonal films.

Also the songs were a bit of a time wasting intrusion for me.

The cartoons to me seem to have more of the Japanese style at times rather than the cuteness that you see with Disney of old. But perhaps I am viewing it form an adult's perspective when really it is meant for the children – but this woquld not be one fot he first few Christmas films that I would recommend.

===Would I Recommend?=== Yes, better than nothing to watch.

• Acer Aspire V5-572-53334G50aii / Laptop / 1 Reading / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2014 23:09

Advantages

• "Slim profile"
      • "Brilliant display"
      • "500GB HD"
      • "Core i3 CPU"

Disadvantages

• "No optical drive"
      • ""
      • "4GB RAM"

Great slim laptop that packs a punch.

I picked up this laptop from DABS for £284.98 before a £10 discount was applied (September offer) which in my opinion is an absolute bargain. I looked around for other Intel Core i3 laptops at this price range and couldn't actually find one. As it is an i3 dual core CPU its actually a lot better then the Pentium and Celeron processors that are put in latops at this price range.

The laptop came with Windows 8.1 64bit preinstalled and just required a Microsoft account to setup a user. However I bypassed this by not connecting to a network and made a local account instead - which I think is a lot better than making a Microsoft account.

Straight away I could see that the laptop was fast. Programs loaded up quickly and normal activities like word, spreadsheets and web browsing is a breeze. The laptop is also very good on media playback as it can play 1080p without a stutter. The screen is also very good as it offers good brightness and contrast straight out of the box and viewing angles are very good - especially if you want to browse or watch a movie lying in your bed for example.

I found the laptop very able to handle a decent amount of gaming without any performance problems. I am a Dota 2 player and my desktop runs the game with max settings at full 120fps (the maximum limit). The laptop achieves around 40-60fps with medium settings which is actually very good considering that it is onboard graphics and does not have a dedicated graphics card inside.

Disappointing thing is that the laptop only has 4gb RAM - and although you don't notice it much, multitasking may become a problem in the long term. Also the laptop has no optical drive so you cant really watch DVDs or play audio cds. This isn't an issue for me as I use USB and external HD and I consider this a boost because it means that the laptop has a very slim profile and is 2kg which isn't really that bad to carry around.

• Now TV Box / Set Top Box / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2014 22:55

Advantages

• "Possible to bypass the system to get more from the box"
      • " etc"
      • " Youtube"
      • "Easy access to iPlayer"
      • "Free Trial of Moves/Sports/Entertainment"

Disadvantages

• "Large price when free trial runs out"
      • "Not much content"

Worth it for a free trial, but ultimately useless.

We bought this box primarily for the free trial of Sky Movies and the use of Plex if you bypass the lock Sky put on it. For that, the box was perfect - the 30 day free trial was very good (although the supply of films quickly ran out, only leaving films from the 70s and even earlier - which we'd obviously seen!) and Plex worked flawlessly after a bit of tweaking on the box and the laptop. However, after the trial, the Now TV box fell into disuse. We haven't even turned it on since the free trial ended. It's easier not to use Plex through the box and we were not willing to pay the high premiums sky demand. If we had not been able to unlock the sky controls on it, this box would have been a complete waste of money. Although it does allow us to use iPlayer on a freeview TV (as well as other programmes such as YouTube), these can all also be accessed on the laptop or tablet (or even smartphone) leaving the hassle of setting up the box a bit pointless. I am glad I did not spend more on this box, as if I did I would have ended up demanding a refund of some kind for the low standard of content available through the box - it is clear sky have tailored it to their own ends (which of course they are entitled to do), which makes it pretty useless for anything not sky-oriented.

• Darphin Refreshing Toner / Darphin / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2014 22:20

Advantages

• "good value and natural"

Disadvantages

• NONE

Darphin Refreshing Toner review

The Darphin skincare variety was introduced to me by my friend. I possess a fairly wide range of make-up and skincare products and I used to be quite shocked there were products out in the marketplace I was not conscious of! I believe it is a result of other than department stores carrying the product; it is quite a popular web brand.

The toner will cost you around the GBP20.00 mark for the 200ml sized bottle. As I mentioned previously, availability in high street shops for this particular brand doesn't exist, House of Fraser and John Lewis both stock the brand but the web has a tendency to be the cheapest place. Feel Unique, and look Fantastic, Salon skincare are all stockists of the complete Darphin range. These also tend to be where the product is cheaper so it is worth shopping around.

The main reason for me wanting the toner is the fact that I do tend to use quite plenty of the stuff! One find it really refreshing if as opposed to a cleanser I always make use of a toner in a rush and after taking my make up off. The bottle has a white top and is a light blue colour. There is a lot of information on the bottle so you are told everything that you want to find out about the product. In the front is the name of on the reverse as well as the brand name as well as the toner is a list of ingredients which have been used in addition to directions for use and further information to the product. The toner is for normal to combination skin so perfect for me personally as I suffer from a breakout or the strange dry patch.

The way in which you must apply the toner is onto a cotton wool pad and then mild wipe over a cleansed face. The first thing you'll notice is the odor of the toner, soft and refreshing this is alcohol free and contains the uncommon make up of fig and Banana tree bloom extracts, as I mentioned, the aroma was light and refreshing and it had not been like placing a banana scent around my skin. The toner had a consistency that one would expect and it was additionally not oily or made any deposit on my skin, I came across that it sunk into my skin well after utilizing it, and there have been no breakouts or dry spots. I made sure that I used this on a regular basis and I did think that it turned out to be a wonderful refreshing toner, it required all remaining traces of make up away and it also left skin feel good, soft .

I'd have no reluctance in recommending this product. I think that it's of good value and it is also a superb quality. I would be keen to try other products from the range as the natural based products is one thing that I actually enjoy.

• Rockport Oxford / Shoes / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2014 22:18

Advantages

Disadvantages

Rockport rocks shoes

Rockport has always been known to bring some style to the otherwise boring world of comfortable shoes. This pair is nothing less!

It is comfortable and easy to slip on, the material is breathable so sometimes I even skip socks when I'm wearing these :)

They have options for both wide and slim feet, so if you do get your size I can guarantee that it is just a perfect fit.

The cushion sole feels soft but firm at the same time, it has just enough toughness to support and give comfort to your feet whilst on the go. For those of you who has a high arch foot, it is recommended that we wear shoes with good shock absorption properties as frequently as possible because we naturally have less shock absorption abilities. Most of the time the outside part of our foot feels pain after a long day of walking. This cushion sole has enough support and cushion in the midsole to offer comfort for us.

The bottom sole has low profile thread and is made up of high abrasion rubber ( I would suppose since it has yet to show any signs of significant wear since I bought these over 6months ago, I wear them every other day for walks!)

Also the bottom sole has a curved profile at the toes so it allows natural curving motion that complements your feet's natural movements.

Visually the pink base gives a pop from the neutral tones of the shoes, it keeps the entire outfit interesting!

30.09.2014 22:16

Advantages

• "easy to apply"
      • "doesn't stress the dog"
      • "does the job"

Disadvantages

• none

There's no fleas on Bob Martin and his dog .... spot on

I have a dog, a mad dog if I do say so, who loves to swim, play in the grass, in the mud and has more fun when he's playing with other dogs. Sadly though, the thing that all dog owners, or all animal owners come to think of it, know is that when there beloved pet goes outside there's a higher chance that they're going to bring in a little friend that no one really wants to be friends with. That friend being the nasty little thing called the flea, and his mate the tick. So, one every so often we pet owners have to spend vast amount of money in order to keep our pets free from those nasty things.
      For me there's only one kind of flea and tick killer that can be trusted as it not only gets rid of the nasties it doesn't cause any stress to my mad dog, (unless it was this in the first place that sent him mad..??!) and that name is Bob Martin spot on. Why.? Because it does exactly what it is designed to do without any nasty side effects for my dog.
      The good thing about this spot-on is the little tube it comes in. think toothpaste tube, only not as big, then you get the idea.
      To apply it all you do is clip off the end of the tiny nozzle, place the now open nozzle onto the skin at scruff of the dogs neck, squeeze the tube, slowly(ish), making sure all the liquid is pushed out of the tube and onto the dogs skin. Once done you can let the dog go about its business. Which usually means my dog legging it off down the garden chasing the pigeons.

This stuff gets to work within minutes, although how and why is beyond me, but it works, which is all I care about. My dog shows no side effects at all, not even flinching as the liquid touches his scruff. So he's not suffering any stress.

You do have to pay a few extra quid for quality product and when your pets health is on the line then that extra quid worth the money. The price of the one I need for the size of my dog is about £8 or so. The prices do vary depending on the size of the dog you've got.

I have tried the front line version of this but my dog seemed to be a little 'fidgety' after using that one so I went back to Bob Martin.

30.09.2014 22:09

Advantages

• "it works"

Disadvantages

• "no disadvantages"

A spray really works

I reall do suffer from my nerves, particularly since I was broken into and now I use Bachs saving Treatment Spray and I keep it with me within my handbag whenever I go out because it gives me confidence to understand it's there and I have got it with me in case I need it in an emergency.
      The bottle is extremely tiny and mine is from the Chemist in the hamlet , it is in a 7ml spray. It is easy and convenience to keep in my handbag.

I do really like this product, since it's natural and there's nothing artificial in it. It features herbs and this is exactly what attracted me to this. This Rescue Treatment is for individuals of a nervous temperament, as I am and it comprises ingredients to calm me down such as Cherry Plum for shock there's Star of Bethlehem and for when I get ideas that are not rational and Rock Rose for my panic and anxiety attacks.
      I use one or two sprays.

I like to keep an extra one in the cupboard in case I ever run out because this could panic me although I do rely heavily on my Bach's rescue Remedy and that i go through a few bottles.
      I have also attempted the rescue Remedy Pastilles but find that the spray works considerably better and more quickly for me personally.

I do believe this works and i recommend it to you ,for it gives me peace of mind.

• Savlon Antiseptic Cream / First Aid / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.09.2014 21:36

Advantages

• Works

Disadvantages

• "No better than store brand products"

Works, but no better than the average antiseptic cream

When I was growing up, we never used brand-named medical products, for some reason. We always used Superdrug's own antiseptic cream. Savlon was a relatively new purchase for my household, though it may be a staple in many other people's.

Savlon is an antiseptic cream that you apply to a cut, graze, insect bite, or boil to disinfect the area and aid healing. It can also be used for nappy rash and sunburn and minor burns. It's white in colour, smells a little medical, and when applied to a wound usually does not sting.

The wound should be washed before applying the cream. Hands should also be washed, as Savlon is usually applied by the finger, but I guess can also be applied by cotton bud or cotton wool.

Ingredients (from boots.co.uk):

Also contains: Cetostearyl Alcolhol, Liquid Paraffin, Methylhydroxybenzoate, Propylhydroxybenzoate, Perfume, Purified Water.

The price is £2.18 for a 30g tube from Boots shops or boots.co.uk

Personally, I don't find this any more effective than Superdrug's own brand antiseptic cream. But as I have it in the house, I do use it whenever the need arises. I would balk at the price for using it to treat nappy rash, however.

Savlon antiseptic cream should never be used on the eyes, ears, or inside the body. The Boots website also reminds us that continued use should be discontinued if any irritation occurs. But I've really had no problems with Savlon - I've never had an infection either, so I imagine it's doing the job. If only it were a little better than store-brand products, it might justify the price more.

• Library services / Local Service / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.09.2014 21:34

Advantages

• Free

Disadvantages

• Fines

Are libraries the new Sure Start Centers?

My local library service is like a crèche these days, packed full of screaming kids playing on plastic castles, the books scattered around the place they are supposed to be reading, used to build the ramparts, libraries the new Sure Start centers as the Tories close increasing numbers of services for young moms. In poorer areas the libraries have simply become one of very few places that feel safe for young mums as schools are increasingly volatile and the inner-city streets no place for the vulnerable. If we have the kids that need help there and feeling safe we should employ people to help accelerate their reading skills. Middle-class kids mostly perform better in school because parents understand education is everything at a young age and always working with them to help their reading and math’s. Not surprisingly they exploit the library service to its full, a full on coffee morning in some of the more well to do areas of suburbia these days as little Jack and Olivia enjoy the play castle whilst reciting Shakespeare.

Because of the above, libraries are no longer places of peace and quiet and simply about reading or discovering books. A third of the space is now taken up with computers and internet, immigrants staring at alien dialects and written word, often mumbling cyber prayer or listening to freaky rap music whilst the unemployed forced to do compulsory online job search. In Northampton it’s not cheap to surf the web, a pound for their first twenty minutes. You can’t do much in twenty minutes. The jobless are allowed to go onto Universal Job match for free though. If they don’t they can lose their benefit.

The books decrease every year, many sold off every three months to meet the bills. If you try donating books and films to the library service they are very sniffy and only accept the good stuff in good condition. I was unfortunate enough to spoil a library book in my bag with suntan oil and had to pay for a new one. I was expecting to pay the wholesale price the library service would. Not so. They charged me the top end retail price of £12 and a £5 admin fee, the fiver to chip and seal it with a cellophane cover. I was not having any of that. I bought a new one off Amazon and not going to be ripped off. They eventually accepted it after put my case over three days. Don’t put library books and sun cream together. It’s expensive.

The Northampton Central Library has a good range of fiction, biography, kids and research books and two layers to explore them. Its much quieter upstairs in the reference area, computer suits on both levels. The upstairs books are sometimes reference only but a coffee machine and comfortable seating and plenty of tables and photocopiers to get what you need. Upstairs are the hard working intelligent immigrant mature students the Tories and UKIP don’t want to talk about, studying hard to get their degrees and certificates to get on.

As with all libraries the staff are a little bit pompous at times and in no way think they are the library assistants their badges confirm. I wouldn’t say they were patronizing but unless you know your stuff they talk at you as if you have a hearing aid. They don’t do flirting or banter. To be fair they have to be remarkably tolerant and patient for the amount of eccentric and down and out types they get in there. They even tolerate the snowing homeless. As long as they are in the quiet History & Geography Section.

There are a range of things you can do in libraries now as council services are increasingly digitized. You can buy bus passes, pay your council tax or update your electoral role or even post your postal vote there. Post Offices services seem to be heading to the libraries. It will be driving licenses and birth certificates next with stamps sure to follow. Of course, this means older folk coming in, people who love conversation, especially the lonely ones, making all manner of inane chat to pass the day and get their weekly does of contact with other humans. If I’m looking for a book I always engage with them for chat as it may well be their only meaningful one of the week. We will be them someday.

Book fines are steep in Northamptonshire and a result of councils being forced to cut library funding. I defended my corner on damaged goods because for other people that £17 fee is their spare cash for the week. Book fines have shot up to 30p a day and if you are old and forgetful and can’t get into town or to your local library that fee can stack up. When you argue your fines they say they have a fully online service to renew books. But the old are just as intimidated about computers as they are using pavements and buses in the icy winter. 30p is too much.

You can buy things like maps and pencils and attend local author book launches but on the whole as staid as ever. Human staff are becoming rarer as those supermarket automated payment till are now creeping into libraries, the days of the old date stamp long gone. Trying to get them to work properly is as tricky as the one sin Tesco Express.

The smaller libraries tend to be community hubs and have poor ranges of everything, from DVDs to rent to new books. £2.50 per week for a film is very fair though, plenty of new titles in the bigger ranges. I always campaign to bring down the cost but now Blockbusters has gone I have no argument and so they can pretty much charge what they like. But generally libraries remain a place for the unemployed to pass the day and for pensioners to totter around. Now where’s the Dan Brown section..

• LG BP645 / Blu-Ray Player / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      30.09.2014 21:33

Advantages

• "useful player"

Disadvantages

• NONE

nice LG BP 645 Blu-ray Player

The LG BP 645 Blu-ray Player has both WiFi and Ethernet internet access options, enabling you to stream content forthwith from exciting service providers such as LOVEFiLM Netflix, and YouTube.

You can enjoy the most effective internet-based content on your own big screen TV ,thanks to the completely Smart functionality without the need for another computer.

Never miss your favourite shows with BBC iPlayer access, and access even more films via KnowHow Pictures and BlinkBox.

The Blu-ray player also provides a range of fixed apps for music, sports, games and also other functions; plus access where you are able to download all manner of content that is awesome for individual entertainment or family.

Easing an expanded home entertainment set up, the LG BP645 Blu-ray Player features revolutionary Miracast technology for inter -device sharing.

Miracast connections enable direct WiFi connections in a way similar to Bluetooth. Share content from your cellular or laptop, tablet pc apparatus via this astounding Blu-ray player for radically increased seeing enjoyment.

Cinematic screening:
      You will truly be able to benefit from the abilities of your HDTV as extraordinary Total HD 1080p video graces your screen, with the LG BP645 3D Blu-ray Player.

You'll be able to play back cutting edge multi dimensional content for the very best in home theatre, in case you've got a 3D TV.

The on-screen activity is so clearly left you will feel as if you are practically there. Extremely easy motion, pixel- perfect detail and vibrant, true-to-life colours augment and enliven any content, from nature documentaries to crazy action films sports to animation, and more.

Other amazing features include 1080p up- scaling, whereby your old DVDs are left in a fresh, amazing-seeming way. What is more, it can even upscale high definition to Ultra high definition quality.

Exceptional audio:
      No cinematic experience is complete without first class sound to make you feel note, impact and every word.

Incredible Dolby Digital Plus brings home toe-curling sound that makes your content more specific. An exclusive Sound style through the LG remote program sends the audio from your TV to the smartphone, so you could appreciate from cans with more freedom.

Fully connected:
      There's also an HDMI port to link the device to compatible HDTVs, and an optical out port for added flexibility.

The DLNA certified apparatus also can connect to compatible devices for wireless sharing; this handy feature gives you the ability to stream content.

• Aldi / Highstreet Shopping / 3 Readings / 2 Ratings
      30.09.2014 21:26

Advantages

• "Flowers last ages!"
      • "Branches popping up everywhere!"
      • "Good quality food"
      • "Reasonably priced"

Disadvantages

• "Lack of car parking"

Quality, bargains and they seem to look after their staff!

We have recently started going to Aldi more regularly as we moved to an area where there is not a "supermarket giant" particularly close by.

The first thing I notice on visiting Aldi is how busy the car park is - I guess this shows how popular they are becoming in the current climate! I usually manage to find a space at our local store, but perhaps one improvement for them could be car parking availability!

However, the shop itself is brilliant. I cannot believe how much money I have saved since shopping here instead of the larger supermarkets. Aldi really stock more of the essentials, rather than huge ranges of products", and whilst there may not be as much choice or as many "named brands" as you would find in a normal supermarkets, I find that there is nothing wrong at all with the Aldi brands, and sometimes actually taste better. If you are keen on something particular though, they often stock different bits and pops that you can purchase that are branded, separately from the main food aisles.

Food products are generally very good quality, reasonably priced and rather popular! We particularly like the Fish products that they have - they are REALLY tasty! However another thing that I love about Aldi are the weekly products that they bring in on a Sunday. I often find myself a fab bargain amongst this lot - I even bought an underwater camera which was £40 - the ones I had been looking at online were at least £100, and mine does a great job!

I also love the Aldi flowers. The smaller bunches cost about £3, but they have some quite nice and unusual ones available which I quite like. I tend to find that the flowers last a good length of time too, so are worth the money spent on them.

Finally, I always notice in the shops how happy their staff seem to be, especially on the check outs. There are also regularly adverts in the shops for new staff, and they seem to pay pretty well for a supermarket, which is really great to see.

Overall, I am definitely an Aldi convert, and I can see why the are doing so well at the moment. I would say, they're definitely worth a try if you haven't already!

• Sony DVP NS39B / DVD Player / 3 Readings / 1 Rating
      30.09.2014 21:16

Advantages

• "easy to use"
      • "plays all types of disc "
      • "Low price"

Disadvantages

• "none for what you pay"

Sony do do low priced items that are as good as the more expensive ones

We all know about DVD players, with many of us owning one, - some owning more than one – but we all know that they all do the basic same thing. And that is to play DVDs or, in some cases, CDs.
      This is one of those DVD's that is as basic as the rest, having nothing special, no recording features, no live pause or rewind, just a basic player that is not only simple to use but comes at a simple price.

It's a good size, being about 425mm wide, 205mm deep and just over 40mm in height, weighing in at a lightweight 1 ¾ kg so that it won't break the TV stand it's on.
      On the front you've got the usual things. The power button, the disc tray itself. A small display that gives you the information that you need to know and you've basic control buttons, play, stop and eject.
      The rest of the controls are on the remote itself, which is self explanatory, and needs two AAA batteries to get it going.
      On the back of the unit there is the usual connection ports, the aerial Jack and the scart socket.

As I said, the display is a simple one, giving you the basic information about the disc playing, such as time played and the sort of DVD/CD inserted.
      It can play all DVD and CD formats which means that there's less chance of the disc being rejected, which we all know is annoying.

I've used this for a while and it has never let me down, accepting all discs I've shoved into it without spluttering one bit. It's one of those players that make the more expensive ones look way over priced

As for power consumption, it take about 8watts per hour when use and about 8 watts a month on stand-by.

I have had this one for as long as I can remember, I can't remember how much I paid for it but a search tells me that it is going for about £20 - £25, or less in some places.

30.09.2014 21:13

Advantages

• "Good taste"
      • "Good price"

Disadvantages

• "Could do with a bit more fruit!"

More fruit needed, but tasty!

I have started using Aldi more recently, as we moved house and have no "typical" supermarkets near us - I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised at most of their products!

I find the Aldi Fruit and Fibre Cereal pretty good for the price! I must admit, it could do with a little more fruit in it, but generally, it's not bad, and it is DEFINITELY much better than some of the supermarket own brands from the "big 4". Not sure on the cost of it exactly, but I think it costs somewhere around £1.20 for a rather large box.

Generally, I find that it contains bran flakes, raisins, a few banana flakes and nuts. The nuts can be a bit hard, but other than this I generally do not have any problems. It could do with a bit more fruit in it I guess, as I find myself "rationing out" my raisins! :)

The packaging is decent - a light purple colour and an image of a bowl of the stuff with a considerable amount more fruit in it. It's recyclable, and for those of use who do reseal the packaging (unlike my other half...) it has a "reseal" at the top to help feel it fresh. Pretty standard but it all helps!

Overall, I do enjoy this cereal, especially for the price of it. If you like a bit more "oomph" to your cereals, then you may benefit from adding a bit of your own fruit in, but generally, for how cheap it is, I think it's a pretty good product.

• secretsales.com / Online Shop / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      30.09.2014 21:06

Advantages

• "Reliable service"
      • "Realistic discounts"
      • "Quality products"

Disadvantages

• "Not enough VIP early entry sales"
      • "delay from order to shipping (this is acceptable)"

Well worth a look

I found this site by accident and placed my first order wondering what would happen next... about £1000 later and 20 or so separate orders any scepticism that I had has gone. Everyday I read the daily email from them about which new sales open that day. Not everything is a bargain of the year, but I've found some exceptional, quality items with great discounts. This site does not sell everything, all of the time, it is exactly what it claims to be; time limited, product specific sales.

Many of the sales only place orders with the manufacturers at the end of the sale so don't expect instant delivery, but the quality of items is good and I've never had a delivery issue.

Give it go, they even seem to listen to feedback and constantly 'tune' the website to make it more user friendly

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown