25.10.2014 17:27

Advantages

• "anti aging"
      • "lots of good natural ingredienst"
      • gentle

Disadvantages

• "limited places to purchase"
      • expensive

Gentle exfoliating action and anti aging beneficoial ingredients

The idea of this is that you apply this cool clear pale green gel to your face skin when it is dry. I then left it for some time – depending on how long I had it was between five minutes and half an hour. When you apply it you rub it in with dry fingers gently in an upwards movement for about a minute and you can rinse it off then but as I said it depends on what I am doing when I apply it as to how long I leave it. Some skin rubbish comes to the surface as you massage the product into your skin After that I rinsed it off with warm water and used a face cloth.

Once rinsed off my skin felt clean and smooth and I think my pores looked cleaner and less obvious too.

After using this for a week or so I found my skin did seem to look brighter and it certainly felt nice to touch.

It is a kind of exfoliator but it has no scrubby grains in it so it is very gentle so fine for sensitive skins and also okay to use on acne prone skin as it will not aggravate it. It also has anti ageing benefits which is the appeal to me!

I can't say I am wanting my skin whitened but the other benefits make this a great product to use. It isn't cheap as it costs around £22 for a 60ml tube. I felt quite pleased with my two 10 ml samples for which I paid nothing as that would have cost me around £7 to buy.

Green Tea extract is a strong anti-oxidant as those that drink it regularly already know and it helps to delay the skin’s ageing process and reduce the damage from sun’s rays.

Apart from green tea it also has Korean soybean which whitens the skin which is considered important in Asia. This soybean is fermented with 'Bacillus Subtilis which will produce Cellplus+ which helps whiten and moisturise the skin.

he Ginseng increases skin cell renewal and also helping hydrate ,nourish and brighten dull skin.

Pomelo( kind of like a large grapefruit) Extract is rich in Vitamin C and helps protect the skin from free radical damage and again helps whiten.

Pearl Power is once again whitening and also nourishing , it renews skin cells, corrects UV damage and leaves skin with ' a sheer, radiant glow on skin.'

Biogel in this helps the skin absorb nutrients into the skin cells

I have been using mine about two weeks and I only use it once or twice a week and I think it is going to last me some time at this rate.

After using this and rinsing it off as described I then toned and moisturised my face as usual. I have been very happy with my experience so far and would buy this again.

• The Body Shop Luxury Facial Flannel / Skin Care / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.10.2014 17:12

Advantages

• "feels lovely on my skin"
      • soft

Disadvantages

• expensive

Luxury face flannel

I enjoy shopping in the Body shop although don’t go that often. I have a range of their products including the excellent body butters, bath and shower gels and hand cream. During my last visit I picked up a luxury face flannel as I was in need of as bit of pampering and anything with luxury in the name fitted the bill!

The body shop luxury face flannel is basically a large, white very soft face flannel. It appealed to me as I wanted something to use on my face to remove make up and also to use with my face wash. I prefer using a facial wash as opposed to a cream as it seems to suit my skin better and also helps to wake me up in the morning!

The face cloth is larger than average and is really soft. It is designed to use on the face as it won’t irritate the delicate eye area. Before its first use I washed the flannel in my washing machine. Before use I fill my hand basin and soak the flannel to ensure it is soft. It is lovely to use and is good at removing make up and rinsing off my facial wash. I sometimes use a face mask and find that when it is time to wash it off I need a flannel to ensure it is thoroughly removed. This flannel is perfect for the job and its large size means I can soak it in warm water and apply to my face fully covering it.

I have now washed this flannel numerous times and it has kept its snowy white colour and has no rips. I paid £4.50 from the body shop and it can also be ordered from the body shop web site. This is an expensive flannel but it is lovely and soft and feels like a bit of daily luxury for my skin.

• The Bath Store / DIY Store / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.10.2014 17:05

Advantages

• "great presales"

Disadvantages

• "snotty reply by email"
      • "poor post installation"

Don't bother unless you want sewage leaking in to your lounge from the ensuite!

The sales and service before we had the installation were great. However 18 months later with a leaking shower cubicle we haven't used for 9 months we are completely fed up. They have washed their hand with helping us and are blaming the installation company despite me sending numerous videos/pictures of the leaking cubicle. My advice would be don't bother using this company as all they are interested is taking your money and as soon as they have got that they are not interested.

Now we have an additional problem with a stain on the ceiling of the room below. After investigation this stain was found to be a cut of pipe which goes out of the outer house wall into the sewer pipe. On flushing the loo toilet contents then back flush up this pipe under the loo floor and is now dripping through my lounge ceiling. I'm not even going to bother ringing the Bath Store as I'm convinced they won't be interested.

• Zotac ZBOX ID84 / Desktop PC / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      25.10.2014 16:19

Advantages

• Good
      • Reliable
      • Accessable
      • Speed

Disadvantages

Convincing to Buy it

I have bought it i think it is better than my older desktop PC it is highly dedicated to speed my mind to doing work on it. It is good, capable and much faster than my old one now i have no worries cause i have Zotac ZBOX ID84 i love it and i'm also convincing my friend to buy it and to use it. It is like a monster and it will eat all of older PC's.

• Carrie - Stephen King / Fiction Book / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      25.10.2014 15:33

Advantages

• "Sticks with the Read"
      • Haunting
      • "Well Written"

Disadvantages

• "None For Me"

His First and One of His Best

I started reading Stephen King Novels when I was 19 and I haven't looked back I have now read around twenty and have the great majority on my kindle for future reading. This was probably the seventh book I read by him, but it has stayed with me.

The Premise

Carrie is the daughter of a very religious, over bearing mother. This has not only made Carrie very naive, but has meant she is terribly bullied. She is so naive that when he period starts in the showers after a PE session she does not realise what has happened. It ends with Carrie punishing all of the people who have wronged her appropriately.

My Thoughts

This book is so famous that even people who are not into Stephen King have a rough idea of the story and I can see why. This book in written in his usual style. Highly descriptive and full of the little details you do not get with any other author. I am not really a fan of books that contain things that could not happen in real live, but with him it is different. As in this book he just has a way of making these incidents seems like they really happened. He is also fantastic at making the reader have a certain opinion of people. I hated Carrie's mother for the whole book and even now if I think about the book she makes me angry.

This book is fantastic the whole time you are just waiting for things to explode and when it does come it is no anti-climax.

This should be on any must read list.

• Britannia Building Society / Bank / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.10.2014 15:20

Advantages

• "UKBased Call Centres "
      • Friendly

Disadvantages

• "Old Fashioned"

Friendly - But Behind in the Times

Britannia have been around for ages and where I'm from most people have some sort of an account with them. I have had a number of savings accounts, and here are my observations.

First of all the bank is very old fashioned. They required most things in writing and a number of simple transactions require bank visits. A lot of the products have a large number of restrictions on them, meaning activity is limited. This is fine for me, however this may not suit everyone. Make sure you have thoroughly read all of the terms and conditions, before taking any accounts out.

They also have a very limited internet banking provision. This is only accesible on some accounts and only small transfers and balance checking can be done. As always they say they have plans to roll this out further, as of yet this has not happened.

The opening of all accounts requires a signature, this can be quite tedious. To the good points.

The call centres are quite small and UK based. This makes calling them and talking to them easy and quite an enjoyable experience. As the team is so small, you will often find yourself talking to the same person on a number of occassions. They are based in Leek and Stockport.

I have always felt I can trust the building society and I have had some great service from them. I just really want them to modernise. In this world people do not have time to go to branches or spend forever filling out forms. They want to do it online or over the phone.

• Thundershirt Large / Dog Accessory / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      25.10.2014 13:50

Advantages

• "Easy to put on and out"
      • "Feels comfortable"
      • "It's soft and easy to wash"

Disadvantages

• "He looks sad sometimes"

Thundershirt Large- It may really work for you

My dog is the breed that he is, they have a very common characteristic, they are not afraid of nothing, I mean it! He is not scared of thunderstorms, loud bangs, lighting, firecrackers, guns firing next to him, etc. it's even funny to watch him not care.

A different story is with my girlfriends Golden, any loud noise or big flash makes him act suspicious. during thunderstorms and firecrackers, he shakes a lot and goes under furniture and the bed, and does not come out until the next day.

The product

Thundershirt Dog Anxiety Solution is a Anxiety, fear, stress, and over-excitement are surprisingly common problems for millions of dogs all over the world. The Thundershirt wrap works by applying constant, gentle pressure to the animal’s torso. This has a significant calming effect for most dogs.The Thundershirt is designed to address common problems including fear of thunder and fireworks, separation anxiety and generalized anxiety, problem barking and jumping, travel stress, and more.

The Thundershirt is simple to put on and take off and is fully adjustable to fit dogs of most shapes and sizes. It’s easy to create a snug, comfortable fit which is the key to treating stress and anxiety. They are made of attractive, durable fabric that resists collecting hair and is machine washable.

My personal Opinion

Despite the crazy fear my girlfriend's dog has for storm or any loud noise, a stable dog will not fear anything he shouldn't naturally fear, as as soon as I came along, I am very good with dogs and with constant work and dedication, the pouch was over his fear in about 1 month. He used to shake like crazy when a window bang because of the wind.

We did try the vest on him during thunderstorms, he continued to shake for a bit, but did not hide and eventually relaxed, but he looked so sad like his spirit was broken and was really embarrassed. After much work he was over the loud noise problem, but he would hate the car and always puke even in a 15 minutes drive to a vet. So I tried this on him while in the car, it really worked, he relaxed and did not puke at all, now every time we go somewhere I put this on him and no problem, it is comfortable and he does not mind it one bit.

25.10.2014 13:32

Advantages

• "Easy to get to central London"
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "Not overly attractive"

Cheap and cheerful with all the amenities, though perhaps best as a stop gap.

I moved to Lewisham a few years back and stayed for just over two years. The most obvious benefit of living there is the cost. Given the ridiculous rate at which rental prices in London have escalated over the last few years, to find somewhere affordable in zone 2 is really quite a fit, and Lewisham very much fits the bill. Not only this, but the reasonable cost of things extends to most of the local services, so when it comes to getting a haircut, doing some dry cleaning or picking up a takeaway, you'll find it compares very favorably to other London boroughs.

The next key benefit is the transport links. With a DLR service that takes you straight to Bank via Canary Wharf, or on to Stratford, and an over ground route that gets you to London Bridge or Waterloo in less than 20 minutes, you can get to most places without too much trouble.

Key feature number three is the green space. Although Lewisham itself isn't necessary renowned for any great parks, a 10 minute stroll takes you to Blackheath, where you have all the green space you could want - not least because it backs onto the even bigger Greenwich park!

On the negative, Lewisham is not the most attractive of places. Dull grey streets populated with litter from all of the various fast food chains doesn't make the most scenic back drop. In addition, the shops could certainly do with some more variety. Lee High road is a particularly good example, where ninety percent of the stores are either late night hair dressers or takeaways. Pub-wise, you'll struggle to find anywhere very nice without venturing to Greenwich or New Cross, with the Dirty South typical of the local fare.

25.10.2014 13:29

Advantages

• "It's actually funny"
      • "Works unbelievably well"

Disadvantages

Almost Human SuperDog UltimateNutrition- It works so well it's funny!

I don't know if you know this about me, but I am an amateur bodybuilder, and an ex- kickboxing and MMA fighter, I work out a lot and I love it. Now I own a Pit Bull Terrier. I know what you are thinking, the typical tough guy with a tough looking dog, to scare people and look tougher.

Believe me if you think this, you are so wrong you cannot imagine. a few years back I did this campaign against dog fighting, I've had a lot of experience with dogs, loved them and since I was little I owned 2 Dobermans, 1 schnauzer, 1 German Shepard and of course the 2 dogs my girlfriend has and the some puppies I raised since birth.

So of course I am quite natural with dogs beside me, but I was not aware of the situation these dogs are in, they were horribly mutilated, burned beaten, etc..
      It was really hard to watch them, they looked scarred and tough and when you approached them they would shake that tail and lick you like no other. I was struck with love, something that was treated with such cruelty can love you that much is incredible.

After a year or so, after researching the breed very well I bought a Pit bull puppy to show people how playful and loving they really are in the proper hands, IF YOU ARE A MAN, GET IN THE RING YOURSELF DO NOT FORCE ANIMALS TO DO IT FOR YOU!

The product

This is the first ever True Food multi-nutrient supplement for dogs, designed and recommended for all dogs, whether they’re fed on raw or processed food. SuperDog Ultimate Nutrition provides a total of 45 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids and not less than 5mg Beta Glucans per gram of tablet. Beta Glucans support white cell production and immunity.

It basically a suplement for dogs.

My opinion

As a very sporty guy, I take dietary supplements once in a while, my vet told me about this for my dog. I bought it and put it with a spoon into his food. He loves the taste and eats it right up, and since I started giving it to him, he is so active and playful and feels so good it's even funny. it is not a must to have a happy healthy dog, but is really good for him and I really recommend it to you! Especially for older dogs that needs it.

25.10.2014 13:11

Advantages

• Reliable
      • Cheap

Disadvantages

• "You have to know what you are doing"

Beaphar Clicker Dog Trainer-Buy it and use it, anyone can do it!

I train my own dogs, always did it because no matter the time I have, I always have time for him, I consider him one of the most important parts of my life and although sometimes he frustrates me, I love him unconditionally because he is my best friend and I just return the feelings he offers me.

I don't really do old school military school training, I do not think you should make a soldier from your dog and never trained mine to attack be aggressive or even all commands in existence, I just r train them to sit, stay by my side , come on command and listen to my desires even when he is stubborn.

Product

I don't know if you used a clicker before, it's a little device you push and makes a click, that's it. This one has a whistle included, which of course is always helpful. Other than that there is not more to say about it, it's cheap and reliable and I certainly recommend it.

Method

For the unfamiliar,Karen Pryor is largely credited with spurring on the clicker training wave for household pets, especially dogs. Pryor, a respected scientist and researcher, began with a career in marine mammal biology and behavior. As she trained dolphins with clickers, she observed that the positive reinforcement principles behind this method of training would work brilliantly with dogs, cats, and other household animals.

Basically, when your dog does what you want him to do, you click and reward right away. After a while you can do whatever you want, including hands sign and only clicking to make him listen, he will associate it with command-reward.

My personal opinion

A few years back, This method was relatively unknown and was treated to speculation. now we know it works, believe me this is easy and you can learn from the internet how to do it.It is about timing and it's not that hard. At first we started clicker training with all commands (sit, shake, etc.). Once he had picked up everything, we started using the clicker only for “come”–mostly because our house backs up etc., and we wanted there to be a sure-fire way for him to come back if he spotted something he wanted to go after.

So now we only take the clicker when we go into the backyard. I think using the clicker every day for the dog’s whole life for every command is a bit silly. It was really easy to train my girlfriends golden, you can really teach an old dog new tricks, but I Pitt bull, Jesus!
      I started with him when he was a puppy and even brought the Golden along to help, he just wanted to play, he is so stubborn it's unbelievable. eventually I made him listen, if I can you can, especially with a non-Terrier breed is really easy.

25.10.2014 12:52

Advantages

• "Good for student and general reader"
      • "Loads of grear chapters"
      • "Good for visual learning"
      • "Clear type face"

Disadvantages

• "None I can see"

Good study guide

The first and perhaps most important thing is that before buying for this study guide check that it is the one needed. This guide is for for the OCR exam board, while other boards may have similar questions, they may not be the same.

Like all the CGP Course books I have been impressed with the quality and number of colour pictures used, These really do bring alive the subject. The books starts with a excellent study of how to conduct experiments and the reporting, with developing and reporting the theories. As an Industrial Chemist by trade too many study guides jump in with facts but do not explain the process of experimenation. The CGP books correct this.

Each chapter, starts with the learning objectives, following onto explanations and tips. After which there are many of examples. I found the "tips" in yellow highlighted boxes to be very interesting and helpful in understanding the contents of the chapter. The are many "tips" spaced through this book.

For me the most helpful chapter was towards the back when Ecosystems were explained. Another good section was on human behaviour - which of course we see everyday all around, but it is so good to understand a little of hy we humans act in the way we do.

After all the study chapters there is a section packed full of practice questions. Also helpful to assess learning and give confidence are the exam-style questions, again come with full answers and marks scheme,

Right at the end there are a few pages on helping with the actual exam. The full glossary is extensive and helps the reader to find their way round the guide.

An easy to use, clear and packed with information study guide.
      Suitable for student and the interested reader, as I am

25.10.2014 12:50

Advantages

• "All natural"
      • "Not that expensive"

Disadvantages

• "It developed food alergie"
      • "Dog doesn't really love it"

Collards SeniorLight Turkey & Rice- Paid for an allergy

This is a food for senior dogs, from 7 years to more, so I did; it fed it to my dog, I just put a handful of it his bowl to see his reaction, of course needless to say he eats it, he eats everything that touches his bowl, edible or not. We fed it to my girlfriends golden, he is now 7 and some months, and as a senior citizen diet is going to change bit by bit.

Introduction

Collards Senior/Light Turkey & Rice is suitable for all breeds from 7 years to old age, it comes in 2kg and 12kg bags, it comes only with turkey and costs about 12kg bag = £39.99.

Main Ingredients: The main ingredient about this is rice(43%), Turkey Meat (min. 20%), Whole Grain (min. 14%), Whole Linseed(min. 4.5%), Sugar Beet (min. 4.5%).

My personal opinion

This food is not that expensive, and the reason I put the ingredients up is for you to see the reason this is quite cheap, because it's almost 50% rice. You might as well buy rice then, but I really thought this could be good for the dog because it comes with turkey meat.
      Now turkey meat, like duck and fish is a natural meal, but it's not very usual in a dog's diet, that makes it very improbable to develop an allergy to it. My dog ate that handful, my girlfriends dog eats a bowl, then 2 then 3, then he started to dislike it, he didn't like the food or the taste, you had to mask it.Masking it barely was working, and after 2 weeks in which we did not feed him only this, he started to feel sick, you could see it and then developed an allergy. We went to the vet and he told us not to feed this to him anymore. Once we took it out of his diet he was fine. So I guess you get what you pay for.

I do not think that every dog will develop such reactions, but that's what happened to me and I will not make the same mistake again.

• Gloria (DVD) / DVD / 4 Readings / 4 Ratings
      25.10.2014 12:37

Advantages

• "500 words"
      • "Great lead performance"

Disadvantages

• Subtitles

Knickerbocker Gloria!

So, Gloria, Chile’s 2014 entry at Oscars in Best Foreign Film category. It didn’t win as its subject matter of middle-aged romance was a bit too squeamish for The Academy. This is the sort of film role older actresses would die for in Hollywood. When women get to a certain age men stop looking if they don’t firm it all up. Cinema doesn’t like to show us as we are in that department, stretch marks and saggy boobs a big No No in Tinsel Town, only Jack Nicholson is allowed to get away with that. Older women will really identify with her performance here.

Plot

Gloria Menedez (Paulina García) enjoys her new found freedom, smoke when she wants and still feels young at heart, especially at the oldies Santiago Salsa and Flamenco club scene. She is pushing sixty but looks good for her age, not short of admirers. Rodolfo (Sergio Hernández) is one of those and makes his move, Gloria flattered by the attention of the polite ex navy man.

Gloria enjoys the next day at his adventure park, a spot of paintballing and Zorbing no problem for the free spirit that is Gloria. She is a little low right now and enjoys the booster of gentleman company, her daughter Ana (Fabiola Zamora) moving to Sweden with her mountain climbing boyfriend Gabriel (Alejandro Goic), and her neighbor (Hugo Moraga) keeps her up all night with his nervous breakdown. Rodolfo is also divorced and has needy unemployed daughters and an angry ex wife, constantly phoning him. But Rodolfo declares his unending love for Gloria and he also becomes needy, not what free spirit Glory is about.

Romances are not always happy and exciting times, often two people simply looking for company, sex and conversation. No one wants to be lonely, especially middle-aged women, and men don’t like the loss of their ego by not having sex. Problem is can we involve ourselves in fifty-year-olds having a relationship on the big screen, and bonking, as they do here. Do we want to see liver spots and child bearing hips doing battle? We need screen romances to make us laugh and cry whilst this one just makes you sad at the idea of getting old, especially for women viewers of that certain age. Men can get away with it for longer as younger women love the bulge in their trousers - the wallet. It’s not the same for women and off the market by the time they hit 50 and extremely conscious of that, time to take in that kitten your neighbor doesn’t want.

García is the film, her lead performance a cracker, why the film is called Gloria. I must admit her big round glasses and bouffant hair reminded me of Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie and I did think that would be the big twist. But there are no surprises here and she really does capture the loneliness of being a single older woman that men only see as matriarchs.

25.10.2014 12:23

Advantages

• "Works like a charm"

Hills Canine DD Duck & Rice-It really works as they claim it does

My dog as many, at least once in a lifetime developed a food allergy. It really is not that uncommon for your pouch to lose some fur and scratch more than comfortable times. My dog developed such bald itchy spots a few months back, and when I went to the vet he immediately knew it was food related, I too had my thoughts on that before coming to the vet check. The reason of this is usually some bad food that he eats one too many. I don't feed my dog bad quality food, never did and never will. Although this might be a cause effect of bad food, my dog developed it because of the variety of food I feed him, some of witch not made for doggies.

Raw meat did some damage as I fed him too often and caught the raw food twice a week, the problem was I could not resist his big yellow cute eyes, he would come up at me while eating snacks, chips, some junk food including my usual meals, and I could not resist and just gave in to his puppy charms.

Introduction

Hill's DD Prescription Diet Canine Duck & Rice - clinical nutrition especially formulated to help your dog with a variety of skin conditions and digestive discomfort due to food allergies. It comes in a 12 kg bag and I paid about £100 for 2 bags.
      Ingredients:
      Ground rice, duck meal, animal fat, hydrolysed chicken (low molecular weight), vegetable oil, cellulose, fish oil, potassium chloride, salt, potassium citrate, DL-methionine, taurine, calcium carbonate, vitamins and trace elements. Contains EU approved antioxidant(so It doesn't contain any nasty things.)

Talk with you vet about how much to feed him, mine was older than 12 months and weigh about 27 Kg and I fed him 4 cups.

My personal review

It was very, very good. I really have nothing bad to say about it, the moment that happened and it was prescribed to him, his fur grow back, in a week you could really see it and the itching stopped. The taste must of been amazing too, he eat it like crazy and loves it. It is on the expensive side, but you SHOULD NOT spare expense when it comes to your pet's well being, you are responsible for his good health.

25.10.2014 11:46

Advantages

• "provides near on instant relief"

Disadvantages

• "only intended as temporary "

fantastic temporary tooth filling

The safe and sound temporary tooth fill kit is a great way to fill a tooth if you cannot get into the dentist for a while. If you read my reviews, you will already know of my unfortunate incident with an aniseed ball, where I bit into one and broke my tooth and without one of these pieces of kit, I would not have managed to wait for the dental appointment!

The tooth filling kit is very easy to use, and has instructions on how to use it. You simply take off the packaging, and use the syringe device to squeeze the Zinc oxide based material into the broken tooth, or the tooth that needs to be filled. Once in, you simply leave it to harden, and it provides relief if your nerve is exposed, which believe me is incredibly painful when trying to eat around that area.

The kit is only intended for temporary relief, and is not meant to be left in the mouth for longer than 28 days, it is intended to get you through until you can get it filled properly. I actually would not have coped without this, and it is fairly cheap considering the brilliant effect it has. One packet has enough material in it to fill up to ten teeth, although most people will only buy the product to fill one. Depending on where you get this from, it wont harm your wallet, if you buy from Amazon, it costs only £3.49 including free delivery, however if you buy from a pharmacy you can expect to pay anything up to £10 for it, so the difference is quite big.

Overall, if your suffering from a broken tooth, or a tooth that needs filling and you cannot get into a dentist for a while, this will be the best feq quid you will ever spend. I combined this with using Orajel, which is applied directly too the area, and the pain was much easier to manage!

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown