08.07.2015 02:12

Advantages

• "Very hair friendly"
      • "Leaves hair super soft and shiny"
      • "Lots of colours to choose from"
      • "Reasonably priced"
      • "Suitable for all hair types"

Disadvantages

This hairbrush is worth every penny!

I'd seen and heard a lot of positive things about the Tangle Teezer on the beauty blogs I read but I didn't initially purchase one as I wasn't fully convinced that they could be any better than your standard brush. When my own brush started to get a little bit old and worn, I looked on Amazon and found the Tangle Teezer reduced to around £7, so I decided to give it a go and now I am so glad I did!

Looks-wise, the Tangle Teezer does appear a little different to a traditional brush and as it is sans handle, it almost looks like a brush designed to brush an animal! The Tangle Teezer doesn't need a handle as it has been specially designed to fit perfectly in the palm of your hand.

The brush comes in many different variations of colours. Mine is a super bright blue with contrasting bubblegum pink bristles, which I absolutely love as it really brightens up your day - who says that hairbrushes just have to be black!? I do appreciate that this may not be to everybodys taste though and Tangle Teezers are also available in more neutral colours to cater to this.

Now, onto the best bit, and to the Tangle Teezers specialty, this hairbrush gently yet very effectively removes all your knots and tangles - without taking half your
      hair with it! You can simply glide this brush through your hair (without having to really pull, tug or yank!) and it really does sort your hair out, but in a much more hair friendly and pain free manner. The Tangle Teezer does this using its extremely flexible plastic bristles which flex through your hair.

In conclusion, I believe the Tangle Teezer to be an incredible little invention and I really can't see myself ever going back to a regular brush. It leaves my hair sleek, smooth and most importantly, perfectly knot free! It's good for both wet hair and dry hair and is suited to
      absolutely all hair types - long, short, curly, straight, thick or thin! If you haven't yet tried one, I really recommend you do!

• SkullCandy Ink'd Black / Headphones / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      07.07.2015 23:34

Advantages

Disadvantages

Worth the price

Really pleased with these Skullcandy 2.0 In-Ear Headphones. They come with two sets of different sized buds which are easy to change. I opted for the smaller ones as they sit further into the ear, therefore giving a better listening experience. If you've never used these type of in-ear phones before, make sure you insert them a bit like ear plugs. Lift the ear up and out as you insert them and then they'll stay there until you take them out.

I've had a few different types of these over the years. I'm no sound expert but I do like my music, and of course, not all ear-phones produce the same result. Have to say these Skullcandy ones are my new favourites. Up until now, I'd been using 'Jays a-jay two' inner ear-phones, and they were pretty decent, but these Skullcandy are not only cheaper, but imo are better. They have better base - much deeper - and a clearer sound quality. I compared the same song between both sets and the Skullcandy definitely came out on top. I listened to a track by the group Within Temptation, a symphonic metal band. These ear-phones dealt with the contrast of the sweet melody of the female lead, the deep base and rich operatic sound of the song track superbly. If they can cope with that, they can cope with most things. They are also good with the spoken word, providing a clear, life-like sound, not tinny or muffled.

They also have a flat cable making them virtually tangle free.

There may well be better ear-phones out there, but for price and quality combined, I don't think these can be beaten.

Very happy :)

• Skullcandy Fix Bud / Headphones / 2 Readings / 2 Ratings
      07.07.2015 23:32

Advantages

Disadvantages

A good investment

These attractive and well designed in-ear Headphones are primarily designed to work with Apple products but will work with Android devices also albeit without the built in microphone functioning.

The sound quality is tight and clear with a good bass response but perhaps not quite the best to be found in this price bracket. The earbuds fit comfortably and unlike most of this type really do seem to be a snug fit and unlikely to come out when exercising. A longer than normal cable is supplied which is good when in the home but can be a disadvantage when exercising or running.

A rigid case of good quality is supplied as are a range of different sized earbuds and the product is supplied in an attractive and upmarket packaging.

If you are looking for a set of good quality mid range in-ear headphones then you could do a lot worse than invest in the Skullcandy Fix 2.0's.

The Good
      Excellent sound quality
      Carry Case and multiple earbuds supplied
      Comfortable to wear
      Long cable lead
      Good build quality

The Bad
      Sound quality could be better
      Only partial Android support
      Extra long cable can be a problem when exercising

About Skullcandy

Skullcandy became the world's most distinct audio brand by bringing colour, character and performance to an otherwise monochromatic space; revolutionising the audio arena by introducing headphones, earbuds and other audio and wireless lifestyle products that possess unmistakable style and exceptional performance. From the award-winning, optic-inspired Roc Nation Aviator headphones to the evolutionary fitting FIX earbuds and a roster of the world's finest athletes, musicians and artists, Skullcandy continues to redefine world-class audio performance and style.

• Sennheiser RS 170 / Headphones / 1 Reading / 1 Rating
      07.07.2015 23:29

Disadvantages

Good

For some time I've noticed that I'm increasingly finding it difficult to hear the dialogue over the background music in films and after much deliberation decided to buy a pair of Sennheiser 170's after having read a number of reviews on here.

Wireless headphones appealed to me as I always found the cord on my old pair irritating. I wanted them primarily to improve hearing the sound from the TV but also for listening to music too. I would have gone for the RS180's which are open backed and are supposed to sound superior but decided that the closed back 170's were the better option so that my wife can listen normally using the TV's speakers at the same time. If the TV's speakers are playing as well I don't hear an echo unless the TV's sound is turned up.

I've only been using them for 3 days and so far I'm very pleased with my purchase. The sound is very good, they may not be for audiophiles but I'm prepared to accept that they are not the last word in HiFi for the convenience of them being wireless and for the price that I paid. I've not had any problems with interfernce with my wireless internet connection and I can now watch films at a normal volume without relying on the subtitles. I found the range to be more than adequate and have been able to go anywhere in my house except near the window of the room furthest away. The actual stand is locate behind my LCD TV and I'm able to pick up a signal in my kitchen despite there being a wall and a large American Fridge Freeze in between and I can also go outside for about 20' before they start to cut out.

It was a little disconcerting, especially when I first used them when watching tv because the sound appears to be coming from inside one's head rather than the direction of the TV, maybe open ones would be better in that resepct, but I'm getting used to that.

I'm finding the button controls okay but once they're set up I rarely need to touch them anyway.

It would be useful to me if they had the option of using them corded to as I could then use them with another TV in a different room or with my laptop. If they had this feature and they were of an audiophile quality then I would have given them 5 stars.

Overall I can recommend them and I'm hearing a lot more things than I used to when I relied on the TV's speakers.

Update : 11-4-2015 : I've since found that I can now go to the end of my garden, a distance of about 70', providing I turn my head so that the headband is aligned with the direction of the transmitter. Not particularly convenient I know but it does help to extend the range.

07.07.2015 23:28

Advantages

Disadvantages

Best buds so far

I usually use sennhieser earbuds for about £20 for my motorbike and thought these would be junk however they were £10 so i thought i would give them a shot. As i use earbuds daily i have noticed many things that i really like about these earbuds so i will list them here.
      1. The shape is brilliant other earbuds move about these sit perfect for me and are very comfortable
      2. The buds are a really tight fit so you wont loose them if you knock into something whilst they are hanging down.
      3. Flat cable wont tangle. every time i would take my senns out i would spend 5 minutes detangling them
      4. deeper earbuds. unless your ears are pristine always this will stop anything blocking up the sound outlet
      5. deeper bass and a very nice sound
      6. bigger sound stage then my senns
      7. pause button. Super handy when i need to hear something and dont wish to remove my helmet.
      8. They block sound very well maybe due to their great fit

In short i really dont know how these could be made better they tick every box and work well im happy and would now buy full price if need be
      Product Description
      An upgraded version of your favourite ear buds, the Smokin' Buds 2 deliver crisp sound in a fresh new design that withstands sweat and snow. Aided by an off-axis (angled) design and oval-shaped port tested and researched to be perfect, Smokin' Bud 2 has been cultivated for superior fit, comfort and acoustic performance. Connection-wise, Smokin' Bud 2 has you covered - manage your device and your tunes with the in-line Mic1.
      Designed for Fit

Problem:
      You're plagued with odd shaped ear canals that aren't perfectly round (don't worry, it turns out we all are). If you're using standard buds, it's like shoving a circular peg into a square hole. It's uncomfortable.

Solution:
      Off-axis technology born out of our responsibility to make something that fits your oval ear canals. Off-axis technology provides an angled port into your ear, optimising comfort, stability, acoustic performance and driver size; exactly like putting an oval peg into an oval hole.

Designed for Comfort
      The oval port is shifted and angled just right to deliver superior fit, comfort and acoustic performance. Plus, moisture resistant materials won't play victim to your sweaty labours. Skate with buds, go running, go skiing... Whatever, the bud's moisture resistant materials won't give up on you. The flat cable gets less tangled than traditional round ones, and different size interchangeable silicone tips ensure that there's a perfect fit for you.

Universal Mobile Control
      You run the show. Manage your calls, playlists and your best friend Siri remotely using our single-button in-line Mic+Remote (Mic1). Answer the calls you want, end those you don't. Play your favourite song, pause it, or skip right through and be on to the next one. Voice commands welcome, too.

07.07.2015 23:25

Advantages

Disadvantages

Great weight and fun

Well, let's start by saying I love these headphones! The "Heavy Beats" description put me off at first - it makes them sound like they're built for people who like subwoofers in their car so they can make the road shake. Well, they probably wouldn't be disappointed... they're great headphones with a really full sounding bass and mid-range response.

I'm using these at work currently and they've encouraged me to break out loeads of old albums, to hear what they sound like. I use some Grados at home and whilst these I-Megos don't match the open, airy, natural sound of the Grados, they're still excellent and the lower end response really adds a punch. I've listened to blues, rock, country, folk and hip hop with these 'phones and I've enjoyed the sound of all the genres. The "full" sound can sometimes move the sound towards "muddy" but generally there's still enough definition there to avoid displeasure.

They're fun headphones - a bit too coloured to use as monitors but for just listening to your favourite music, they're great. I've retired my Sennheisers to the drawer for now - they sound so tinny in comparison to these monsters.

rate guys plz and comment so that I can improve for next time

Overhead type
      Closed dynamic type
      Plug: Gold plated 3.5mm stereo mini plug
      Driver Unit: 40 mm dia
      Impedance: 32 Ohm & Cord length: 1.2m

• Rimmel Professional Liquid Eye Liner / Make Up / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      07.07.2015 23:14

Advantages

Disadvantages

Possibly the most disappointing eyeliner I've tried.

Black liquid eyeliner for me, is an absolute essential. I wear it everyday, without fail and have done for quite a few years now. Over the years I have tried quite a few different brands and must say I am a frequent user of 'Exaggerate' eyeliner by Rimmel so this being called 'Professional' I had fairly high hopes for it. After reading many positive reviews I tried it.

What a let down.

Rimmel is my back-up brand, if I can't get things that I usually use or run out and need a back up, I will go to them every time. An easier brand to get hold of and usually very reliable without breaking the bank. That said, I use their eyeliner and nail varnish all the time. They provide good quality at affordable prices, which is why this product was such a disappointment.

The liquid itself, to be fair, is fairly decent. It has a fairly strong colour, it's not waterproof but holds ok. However, it is the application that proves rather more difficult - and this is from someone that does the 'cats eye' everyday. The brush/tip is very fine, a little longer than they usually are and annoyingly soft/bendy. Getting any kind of decent shape proved very difficult and after many attempts and trying different techniques, I gave up. The tip on my much favoured 'Exaggerate' liner is shorter, slightly fatter with a fine tip for detail and most importantly - it is stiff and doesn't move.

I can't imagine any circumstances where I would recommend this unless you had your own applicator, as the brush is just pointless. Keep your money and buy 'Exaggerate' liquid liner instead. You won't be disappointed. Get this...and I fear you will.

07.07.2015 23:09

Advantages

Disadvantages

easy to use

the dell - photo - all - in - one - printer - 922 all in one printer is absolutely amazing and it really does do the job. i was quite apprehensive and confused about what all in one printer to get as i didn't want to waste lots of money on a printer, but i came to the decision that this was the all in one printer to buy and its probably one of the best decisions ive ever made. it is very efficient it doesnt run out of battery or anything like that it does a job very quickly and it isnt loud and irritating like most printers are! the price was very reasonable and i didnt feel like id just wasted my whole life savings which is good. i will be able to keep this printer for a long time and i could even pass it down to a friend or relative and i wouldnt feel like i was just giving them and old printer that hardly even works. i recommend this printer to someone who has lots to do in their job, education or just everyday life with lots of paper or printing things of, photos etc and doesnt want to waste their money and wants it to be long lasting. what i like most about the printer is it can basically do two jobs at once and i could print things at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about waking the neighbours up which usually happened with my old printer! i hope the printer is as efficient with you as it is with me :)

07.07.2015 23:06

Advantages

• amazing

Disadvantages

brilliant

the brother-dcp-540cn all in one printer is absolutely amazing and it really does do the job. i was quite apprehensive and confused about what all in one printer to get as i didn't want to waste lots of money on a printer, but i came to the decision that this was the all in one printer to buy and its probably one of the best decisions ive ever made. it is very efficient it doesnt run out of battery or anything like that it does a job very quickly and it isnt loud and irritating like most printers are! the price was very reasonable and i didnt feel like id just wasted my whole life savings which is good. i will be able to keep this printer for a long time and i could even pass it down to a friend or relative and i wouldnt feel like i was just giving them and old printer that hardly even works. i recommend this printer to someone who has lots to do in their job, education or just everyday life with lots of paper or printing things of, photo copying etc and doesnt want to waste their money and wants it to be long lasting. what i like most about the printer is it can basically do two jobs at once and i could print things at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about waking the neighbours up which usually happened with my old printer! i hope the printer is as efficient with you as it is with me :)

• Canon Smartbase PC1210D / All in one Printer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      07.07.2015 23:03

Advantages

• quick

Disadvantages

quick and easy

the canon-smartbase-pc1210d all in one printer is absolutely amazing and it really does do the job. i was quite apprehensive and confused about what all in one printer to get as i didn't want to waste lots of money on a printer, but i came to the decision that this was the all in one printer to buy and its probably one of the best decisions ive ever made. it is very efficient it doesnt run out of battery or anything like that it does a job very quickly and it isnt loud and irritating like most printers are! the price was very reasonable and i didnt feel like id just wasted my whole life savings which is good. i will be able to keep this printer for a long time and i could even pass it down to a friend or relative and i wouldnt feel like i was just giving them and old printer that hardly even works. i recommend this printer to someone who has lots to do in their job, education or just everyday life with lots of paper or printing things of, photo copying etc and doesnt want to waste their money and wants it to be long lasting. what i like most about the printer is it can basically do two jobs at once and i could print things at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about waking the neighbours up which usually happened with my old printer! i hope the printer is as efficient with you as it is with me :)

07.07.2015 22:58

Advantages

• "Thick and creamy"

Disadvantages

Moisture therapy for your hands

I use hand cream several times a day and will always have a few tubes the go at any one time. I would say that I probably apply hand cream about three times a day on average, and more so if the weather is particularly cold. I bought this Avon Moisture Therapy hand cream for just £1 when it was on offer in the Avon book but the full price is only £2.50 so it is an affordable hand cream which you can use every day.

This hand cream smells clean and fresh without being too overpowering. It comes in a 75ml yellow tube with a flip top and the opening is wide enough to squeeze a decent amount of cream with just one squeeze. The tube contains the usual list of ingredients and instructions for use and the cream itself is white in colour and it feels very rich and creamy without feeling greasy or sticky at all.

To use I will squeeze a blob onto the back of my hand around the size of a five pence piece and find that this is usually plenty to rub into both hands. I will make sure that I rub it down between my fingers which sometimes get a bit cracked in the cold weather. It absorbs very quickly without too much rubbing and my hands feel soft and moisturised. I have never had any residue left on my hands or felt that I can't touch anything afterwards without leaving behind any remnants of cream.

I have been using this particular tube for about two months and I don't seem to have used much at all, but I do use others at home. I like the feel and smell of this cream, and the effect it has on my hands. I do recommend this hand cream to protect your hands from the cold weather and to keep them in great condition.

• Sharp AL 1456 / All in one Printer / 0 Readings / 0 Ratings
      07.07.2015 22:58

Advantages

• "good price "

Disadvantages

brilliant

the sharp-al-1456 all in one printer is absolutely amazing and it really does do the job. i was quite apprehensive and confused about what all in one printer to get as i didn't want to waste lots of money on a printer, but i came to the decision that this was the all in one printer to buy and its probably one of the best decisions ive ever made. it is very efficient it doesnt run out of battery or anything like that it does a job very quickly and it isnt loud and irritating like most printers are! the price was very reasonable and i didnt feel like id just wasted my whole life savings which is good. i will be able to keep this printer for a long time and i could even pass it down to a friend or relative and i wouldnt feel like i was just giving them and old printer that hardly even works. i recommend this printer to someone who has lots to do in their job, education or just everyday life with lots of paper or printing things of, photo copying etc and doesnt want to waste their money and wants it to be long lasting. what i like most about the printer is it can basically do two jobs at once and i could print things at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about waking the neighbours up which usually happened with my old printer! i hope the printer is as efficient with you as it is with me :)

07.07.2015 22:56

Advantages

• amazing

Disadvantages

brilliant

the brother-dcp-8025dn all in one printer is absolutely amazing and it really does do the job. i was quite apprehensive and confused about what all in one printer to get as i didn't want to waste lots of money on a printer, but i came to the decision that this was the all in one printer to buy and its probably one of the best decisions ive ever made. it is very efficient it doesnt run out of battery or anything like that it does a job very quickly and it isnt loud and irritating like most printers are! the price was very reasonable and i didnt feel like id just wasted my whole life savings which is good. i will be able to keep this printer for a long time and i could even pass it down to a friend or relative and i wouldnt feel like i was just giving them and old printer that hardly even works. i recommend this printer to someone who has lots to do in their job, education or just everyday life with lots of paper or printing things of, photo copying etc and doesnt want to waste their money and wants it to be long lasting. what i like most about the printer is it can basically do two jobs at once and i could print things at 3 in the morning and not have to worry about waking the neighbours up which usually happened with my old printer! i hope the printer is as efficient with you as it is with me :)

07.07.2015 22:06

Advantages

• "Soft and gentle"

Soothing chamomile cleanser

I am a fan of Elemis products and have used quite a few of their range over the years. This lotion is suitable for sensitive skin and it helps to calm and soften your skin. It comes in a 200ml tube which has a pump action dispenser so it is easy to dispense the exact amount you need.

I do tend to get a few dry patches on the side of my nose and on my forehead so I have been using this lotion every day now for about six weeks and it really is helping to reduce the dry patches and my skin looks much better and also feels smoother to the touch. I can tell a real difference when I touch my face to apply any cream or make up as it did feel quite rough before.

The lotion itself is quite a thick white creamy texture and has a quite a nutty sweet smell which I think is lovely. I can still smell this on my face for some time after using the lotion. I use it on my face and neck and it is creamy enough to glide easily over my face and leaves it feeling very soft and moisturised. If I do forget to apply moisturiser my skin does not feel dry and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth afterwards. I do generally use a toner however this cleansing lotion contains lactic acid which helps to balance the skins pH so there is no need to use a separate toner so when I am using this cleansing lotion I don't use one.

To use I will squeeze a blob around the size of a ten pence piece which is plenty as it really does seem to go a long way. I will gently rub it around my face and neck with my fingers and then use a cotton wool pad to remove the lotion. As I am using it I can feel a lovely coolness instantly and my face always feels very fresh and clean afterwards.

The price of this cleanser is around £12 but you can get it for less than this on Amazon and Ebay so it is worth shopping round for a good price. This feels like a good quality cleanser and I would be happy to buy it again.

07.07.2015 21:56

Advantages

• "Lovely sharp prints"

HP Premium photo paper

For many years I just downloaded my photographs onto the computer and left them there but quite recently decided to print the best ones off and put them into albums. I have used various different photo papers and am not loyal to one brand but will just look round for the best price or recommendations. I bought this HP premium paper from Amazon for £5.59 for 30 sheets which is quite a good price.

The sheets feel quite thick and firm to the touch but I found that they still fed through the printer easily and smoothly and I didn’t have any problems with them sticking or jamming. These sheets measure 5” x 7” (130mm x 180mm) which is the size I wanted but they come in numerous other sizes up to a massive 11.7” x 16.5” which would be ideal for a larger family portrait or a photograph of your favourite view. The paper has a very high gloss finish to the one side and it is smudge proof and water resistant. The other side of the paper is a matte finish so you do need to check that you have put it in your printer the right way as this could be costly if you carry on printing on the wrong side. As with all photographs I am very careful when lifting them off the printer but this is really just an extra precaution and something which I have always done, as this paper does really seem to dry instantly.

The colours are extremely sharp and bright on this paper and they look very professional. The photographs are glossy without being overly shiny and they look sharp and clear from every angle that you are looking at them. Some of the photographs I printed off several times and gave them to my family and they all commented on how good they were and I know that several of them are now in frames on display, as I have also done.

I would definitely buy this paper again and I recommend it as a good quality paper as it produces very professional looking photographs.

Comments

* Prices may differ from that shown